Star Wars Fanfilm movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tru_Slice
Soon, my three friends and I will produce a film based on SW. Yes, we will be Jedi, and we will have lightsabers.

I will be doing all of the special effects myself, including the greenscreening, which i am not too familiar with.

In time, I will post the script(s), costume ideas, choreography details, and story on this movie, and you guys can either offer advice, critisize me, compliment me, or tell me any experience you might have in filming.

I'm trying to get this movie going, so anything you guys can offer would help.

I would post this in other forums, but after looking at all of them, I decided that this was the best one, since I will need your guys' knowledge of EU.

big grin

Deus Ex
You know and have the means to do rotoscoping, eh? And something to convert the film so we can view it?

Tru_Slice
I do. I will either use Adobe After Effects, or Adobe pPhotoshop, combined with Adobe Premeire, (anybody with experience in this, please tell) and trying to decide which is better to use.

The Ones
i to have started filming my star wars fan film. its set between Episode II and III. it has Yoda, General Grievous, 10 Manga Gaurds, 100 battle droids and super battle droids, Kuruk Holor, Darth Impervious and Plian Ruy. The Trailer for it will be released Next Month and the actual Fan Film will be Released Autumn 2006. The fights are: (Not in order)

Pilan Ruy VS GG

Yoda V GG

Pilan and Kuruk vs 10 Manga Guards

Pilan and Kuruk VS Darth Impervious

Pilan VS Kuruk

All in all its about 30 min long all together (Yes it does have a Plot)

Fishy
So you have Yoda fighting GG, and GG somehow survives to fight in ROTS? Wow...

The Ones
yes. Its set back when he was badass as GG almost Kills yoda

Deus Ex
WTF? Grievious could never almost kill Yoda.

The Ones
its done by sheer luck with the location its set in

Fishy
Obviously Yoda broke both his legs, his left arm and he lost his walking stick...

The Ones
broke both whos legs? his or GG's?

Fishy
Does GG have a walking stick?

Yoda of course... Otherwise GG wouldn't have stood a chance.

The Ones
im not going to give much away. youll have to wait till Autumn 2006 to see how yoda gets beaten ( or i might release pics and clips and more trailers nearer the time)

Fishy
I already know, Yoda broke both his legs, his left arm and his walking stick while falling down from a cruisers that was flying 9 kilometers high in the sky. After that GG found him tried to kill him but Yoda took him out using his right hand and the force.

The Ones
nope. someone helps gg. ( damn ive said too much)

Fishy
Sidious and Dooku?

The Ones
Only one. all i will say is its the 2nd time yoda has fought him

masterkit
Tru_slice, wut Jedi are gunna be in it?

Deus Ex
Well duh. It's Dooku. Sidious hasn't fought Yoda yet.

The Ones
im not saying a word.

Every thing in the film except for Pilin and Kuruk are completely CG. and im looking for people to voice:

grievous
Dooku
Yoda
Clone Troops
and Sidious

could everybody who are interested pm me with audio clips of the voices of there preferred character

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by masterkit
Tru_slice, wut Jedi are gunna be in it?

Well actually, we were just gonna make up some names. The movie is supposed to be set in the early stages of Luke's Jedi academy; pre-NJO. (like JKA the game)

I guess we could use legit names. I kinda look like Jaden Korr.
my friend could be Rosh...hey! I've got new ideas!

Then again...i don't wanna ruin their names by acting poorly...

...should I risk it?

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by The Ones
im not saying a word.

Every thing in the film except for Pilin and Kuruk are completely CG. and im looking for people to voice:

grievous
Dooku
Yoda
Clone Troops
and Sidious

could everybody who are interested pm me with audio clips of the voices of there preferred character

Uhuh. You're going to have purely CG characters, stage a duel between two purely CG characters (something Lucas didn't even do), and on top of it, do it with a budget of how much money? FWI, ROTS cost in the ballpark of $117 million.

masterkit
U could, but makin up names would be cool, cuz u wouldnt screw it up, cuz its ur character

Tengu Man
Originally posted by Fishy
Does GG have a walking stick?

Yoda of course... Otherwise GG wouldn't have stood a chance. laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

Tru_Slice
Or I could screw up my own character and no one would care. (pessimistic view)

masterkit
yeah, but nobody would no but u

Lord Simus
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Uhuh. You're going to have purely CG characters, stage a duel between two purely CG characters (something Lucas didn't even do), and on top of it, do it with a budget of how much money? FWI, ROTS cost in the ballpark of $117 million.

Actually Faunus GL did have duel between two CG characters. In the AOTC commentary he says Dooku was CG for his duel against Yoda.

Deus Ex
Funny, he looked real to me.

Lord Simus
Me to, oh well.

Tru_Slice
Could've fooled me...then again, he fooled me saying that the movie was good.

The Ones
Originally posted by Darth Faunus

Yes. and no budget.

Tru_Slice
...Photoshop or After Effects guys?

The Ones
After Effects

Tru_Slice
...with Adobe Premiere?

Admiral Akbar
Put Plo Koon and Kit fisto in your movie, Make them fight whoever, I would rather see normal jedi fight other normal jedi. Than to see 2 very well know jedi go at it.

Darth Faunus
Originally posted by Lord Simus
Actually Faunus GL did have duel between two CG characters. In the AOTC commentary he says Dooku was CG for his duel against Yoda.

He had a stunt double go through Gillard's choreographed motions, then placed Lee's CG head on the body.

Lord Simus
Oh, sorry. Thanks for correcting me Faunus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.