Circe vs Enchantress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvel=DC
Who wins this Circe Wonder Woman's arch nemesis or Enchantress Thor's foe and would be lover.

galactusischere
bumb

tideoftime
Old school Circe (pre-crisis)? Enchantress wins most, if not all.

Circe as she's been over the past 10-20 years? I give it to Circe. 7/10

Enchantress is powerful, but Circe works whojum like nobody's business these days, and is practically a goddess herself in terms of power (when CIS isn't in play), though ironically Enchantress would have a better time just beating on Circe with her fists, as Circe is only slightly superhuman in durability, while Enchantress is Asgardian and much more powerful, physically.

galactusischere
Originally posted by tideoftime

Enchantress is powerful, but Circe works whojum like nobody's business these days, and is practically a goddess herself in terms of power (when CIS isn't in play), though ironically Enchantress would have a better time just beating on Circe with her fists, as Circe is only slightly superhuman in durability, while Enchantress is Asgardian and much more powerful, physically.

Off Topic Question: is Karnilla more powerful than Amora?

Konton
Circe stomps. Seriously.

tideoftime
Originally posted by galactusischere
Off Topic Question: is Karnilla more powerful than Amora?

While none of their "battles" (that is, spats) have ever come to fruition (at least, not to my knowledge), it is generally regarded in Asgard that Karnilla is more powerful, but only marginally or not by an overwhelming degree. Also, Enchantress' powers seem (depending on writer) to weaken if she is away from Asgard for any real length of time, and is more powerful while there (which doesn't mean much, as "home court/dimension" plays to all mystical characters, more or less).

For general reference purposes, I would say they are equal, but Karnilla trumps if you get to the nitty-gritty.

Kris Blaze
Circe, seriously.

roughrider
Think I would give to edge to Circe.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by tideoftime

Enchantress is powerful, but Circe works whojum like nobody's business these days, and is practically a goddess herself in terms of power (when CIS isn't in play), though ironically Enchantress would have a better time just beating on Circe with her fists, as Circe is only slightly superhuman in durability, while Enchantress is Asgardian and much more powerful, physically. How strong and Durable is Circe? She seems to take beatings from Wondy Just fine.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Zeuodin
How strong and Durable is Circe? She seems to take beatings from Wondy Just fine.

Usually (in latter issues), Circe is prepared or bolstered by her magics --she doesn't have any great physical power or durability -- it's one of the reasons why she seeks to claim Diana's power, as she perceives (not altogether inaccurately) that she is the other half of the "goddess" that Circe wishes to become (and came nigh close to succeeding at the beginning of the recent reboot, when she subverted Diana's powers when she (WW) had lost faith/resolve). Whenever Circe survives something, it's because her power acts to save her, not because she is especially durable...

Pre-Crisis, she had no unusual durability at all; without her magic, you or I could take her...

Rage.Of.Olympus
What's Circe's greatest feat? Just saying. Last time I saw Enchantress, the ***** was really damn impressive.

Based on that showing I'd say she'd win. On average though? Circe really does win.

Zeuodin
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What's Circe's greatest feat? Just saying. Last time I saw Enchantress, the ***** was really damn impressive.

Based on that showing I'd say she'd win. On average though? Circe really does win. Circe was effortlessly able to Keep All of the World's heroes outside of Washington DC. No one could break in. She also bewitched all of the Gods. She merged Superman and Doomsday into one being. She created a Cheetah that was as strong and Fast as Superman. Those are off top of my head.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Zeuodin
Circe was effortlessly able to Keep All of the World's heroes outside of Washington DC. No one could break in. She also bewitched all of the Gods. She merged Superman and Doomsday into one being. She created a Cheetah that was as strong and Fast as Superman. Those are off top of my head.

Cool. A pissed of Enchantress was making Loki of all people piss himself, easily transmuted Thor into a tree, and was warping all of reality, I mean apparently every plane of reality causing retcons and shit, like House of M Wanda type of crap, and was about to end all of reality when she wanted to bring back the Executioner to life when she was mucking with the Tree of Life.

What's Circe done too top that last showing we have off Enchantress?

Zeuodin
Cool. A pissed of Enchantress was making Loki of all people piss himself, easily transmuted Thor into a tree, and was warping all of reality, I mean apparently every plane of reality causing retcons and shit, like House of M Wanda type of crap, and was about to end all of reality when she wanted to bring back the Executioner to life when she was mucking with the Tree of Life.

What's Circe done too top that last showing we have off Enchantress? I haven't read Enchantresses last showing So i wouldn't know the context. Odin rocked all reality in a fight but we already know people here take that OUT of context and hype the feat. The war of the Gods was a Multiversal level attempt by Circe to take their place. Her power was that far reaching.

Kris Blaze

What's Circe done too top that last showing we have off Enchantress?
That was more her corrupting the power of the tree rather than actually accomplishing those things on her own.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
That was more her corrupting the power of the tree rather than actually accomplishing those things on her own.

Was just going to say that, but you beat me to it. smile

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

From what I understand and remember, she was so powerful she was able to harm the tree and was chipping away at the tree and at the same time unleashing enough power through the process to warp everything. I mean when Thor was cutting the tree with the axe, he wasn't warping all of reality as much as I would have liked him too though.

It's obvious that it affected as much because it was the Tree of Life though but it was still ridiculously uber, and Enchantress was definitely showing to be more powerful than we regularly so her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.