Radiata Stories

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
Anybody played this yet?

What do yall think about it?

I just bought it today but I haven't played it yet.

powerfulone1987
Even though I've had this game for a while.
I just started playing it and it is great.

So far it has enought cut scenes where you feel emerged in this world and feel like you are a part of this world and friends with the characters.

And unlike many other RPGs this game as comedy in it. I even found my self laughing at some parts so far and a lot of the time it is hard to get me laughing at TV shows b/c I know their not real.

So this game is a nice break from the standard RPG and I hope there are many more sequels. I can't wait until I play this game again.

You travel to these different places on your adventure with your team so you are not alone and I like that feeling.

This game really tries something different in the RPG genre and it works for me.

I hope there are many more RPGs to come that are more like this game.

Don't get me wrong. I love myself some Final Fantasy. But I also love myself some Radiata Knights.

By the way, I was thinking that Radiata was pronounced "Rade-y-ata", but as I played the game I realized that it was pronounced "Rod-y-ata".

Just thought I would add that.

I highly recommend this game and I hope yall go out and buy this game.

Darthburgerking
This game is amazing. the grpahics in their design are great. and the background is so interactable YOU CAN KICK PEOPLE! plus the 177+ characters that you can get well that was one of the best things of the suikoden series was gettign all the characters, and they all have unique purposes which is cool, the battle system is great too. I can't do this game justice by describing it on a forum, look it up.

powerfulone1987
How far have you gotten. I have played in a while, having been trying to get some of my older unfinished rpg's out of the way like prince of persia and the sequel and now Kingdom Hearts, which i'll finish tonight. So I can start that next, then again christmas is tomorrow and i'll get more games and i still have shadow of the colossus and baten kaitos.

who knows.

is it comprehensible.....

Darthburgerking
I lost the game since the last time I posted on this thread, but I have found it recently but kinda lost some of the story so I restarted it about 2 days ago. right now I'm where theres the 1st orc raid (sorry people I don't know how to do the spoiler things)

powerfulone1987
to do a spoiler you type:

Without the asterick in the bracks and just write what you want in between that.

And I've been playing christmas games so I haven't gotten back to Radiata, but I was just about to play it tonight but new shows just starting coming on tonight and not the reruns so that haulted me, so i'll hopefully start playing it again tomorrow for the first time in a long time.

Good thing you found your game.

And since this game has a story arch where at some point, your decision on which side you take on the war changes which ending you get, I'll make sure if I can to save the game right before i make that decision, and then go back and choose the other option to see the other ending, but if this isn't possible, i'm not going to replay the whole game again just to see the other ending, maybe i can find the ending movies on the internet if that happens.

powerfulone1987
I must say that I made a mistake when naming this thread. The actual name of the game is : "Radiata Knights"

And today, I finally started playing it again.

One part that really got me was when a character game me money to do something for him and when I got the money my character was like whoa, this is a lot of money i can't even count it, and then the money icon came up on the screen and showed my money racking to an amount I had never obtained while playing so far. I mean it was A LOT!

And then soon after, when I've done my deed for him, my character looks at the money again just amazed and then he takes a close look at the money is counterfeit. It has a picture of the guy who gave it to me on the bills. My character along with me is pissed and the money icon comes up and shows the money being subtracted from my sum. Oh my god. I had plans for that money, b/c there's this one item in the game that I've been wanting and it's the highest item i've encountered in the game and I was finally going to get it.
So after the cut scene of the counterfeit money being revealed. The screen goes blank and these words come up: "YOU'VE OBTAINED COUNTERFEIT MONEY!"

God, I was mad.

powerfulone1987
I'll correct myself again and say I did name this thread right, the name of the game is Radiata Stories.

powerfulone1987
I completed the game last night on the Fairy Creatures Side.

The ending sucked. I'm glad I waited for the end credits though, b/c there was one last little scene, where at least I found out what happened to Jack and Ridley.

And what happened with the Captain was so idiotic and was senseless of the people who decided to make the event happen.
I mean someone needs to wait until they go to bed and stuff @h!t in their mouth. At least then they'll experience at least a percent of the crap they put into the game.

I did like the game though.

So has anybody completed both sides? If so is it worth it for me to go back and complete the human's side? I did make sure that as soon as I came to a save point after I chose the fairy creatures side, I saved in another save slot so that I could easily start right before I made the choice.

So is it worth it, is it all that different besides who you fight?

ILoveMyDaniel
My boyfriend wants some information on how to get the character Gerald onto his friends list. I have no f****** idea what he is talking about seeing as I don't have a Play Station 2 but could someone help me out? He just wants basic character information on how to get him onto his friends list.

Kayne Archeron
i've never seen Square drop so low until now...

InnerRise
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
My boyfriend wants some information on how to get the character Gerald onto his friends list. I have no f****** idea what he is talking about seeing as I don't have a Play Station 2 but could someone help me out? He just wants basic character information on how to get him onto his friends list.
Your boyfriend is talking about one of many characters in the game who you can add to your friends list by doing something for them or etc.. and then they can fight along side you.

Like I said there are so many characters in that game that I couldn't begin to remember which one was Gerald or how to help your boyfriend. Sorry.

Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
i've never seen Square drop so low until now... What do you mean "NOW"? The game came out last year.

Why don't you like it? Did you play it?

Kayne Archeron
i meant now as in reference to that game, which was pretty much their latest game until Dirge of Cerberus... and yes, i did play it, and it stacked like this

annoying characters
HORRIBLE soundtrack
a battle system that even Dreamfall: the longest Journey yawns at

and most of the world was too uninteresting for me to even bother trying out the new "kicking" thing

InnerRise
Yeah, I can see how some fans would find such a transition in their type of game style to be crude. But I actually liked it.

It was a nice break from all the serious, cliche, save the world business.

Going around and kicking things got quite annoying, but it was worth it to find all of the helpful items.

Kayne Archeron
somehow, i felt Radiata Stories was the definition of cliche action-RPGs

InnerRise
You said you didn't play it right. What are you basing that off of? I don't think it was cliche at all.

Kayne Archeron
i never said that... and i'm basing it off of my experiences of playing great RPG's like the Shadow Hearts series and the Chrono series

InnerRise
But you would have still had to play Radiata Knights as well.

*I never did get past that Hydra on Chrono Cross.*

Kayne Archeron
not even Radiata Knights can save me from Stories's horrible soundtrack and battle-system

InnerRise
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
not even Radiata Knights can save me from Stories's horrible soundtrack and battle-system

Don't know what that means but ok.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.