Force Heal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Veav
Why didn't Obi-Wan use force heal on Padme? I mean IMO alot of Jedi master should know Force Heal. Wouldn't force heal stopped Padme from dying?

Ast
Maybe he forgot the correct button combination.

Se7in
Didn't know it, I guess. You would think if they knew it, he or Yoda would've used it.

Jedi Priestess
He actually does touch her in a way that suggests he did do something regarding her injuries.

DeVi| D0do
Force Heal. Lol.

Originally posted by Ast
laughing laughing

Sir Mist
God damn it, as the little robot thingy said, there was nothing physically wrong with her. You cant fix her emotions with a little wave of a hand.

Darth_Veav
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Force Heal. Lol.

laughing laughing

Why do you find that funny? Anyway, I liked ur other sig better which was 'Just because Im a Jerk doesn't change the fact im right'

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Sir Mist
God damn it, as the little robot thingy said, there was nothing physically wrong with her. You cant fix her emotions with a little wave of a hand.

No actually they said they repaired all the damage.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Darth_Veav
Why do you find that funny? Anyway, I liked ur other sig better which was 'Just because Im a Jerk doesn't change the fact im right'
Lol, yeah I remember that sig... Ast made that for me. Ahh... good times.

((The_Anomaly))
urg...

force heal is a video game force power making it the most annoying type of EU...

Ast
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Lol, yeah I remember that sig... Ast made that for me. Ahh... good times.

Ah yes, the good old days. stick out tongue

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
No actually they said they repaired all the damage.

Yeah...thats what I was implying....they fixed everything wrong with her physically...so the only thing left thats doing damage cant just be fixed with a little hand wave.

chinabing
I think Obi is just checking her pulse... if she had died right there Obi would have told Anakin.

Echuu
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
urg...

force heal is a video game force power making it the most annoying type of EU...

Ummm...I think Obi-Wan did the hand thing to Luke too. And Palps did it to Anakin.

I don't think it can always heal the person right away or even guarantee life. I think Palps sustained Anakin enough to get to greater medical assistance. Obi-Wan did that also for Padme' but it just wasn't enough. And Luke had some minor injuries so it would be easy to heal that.

That's my theory.

Jedi Priestess
And you would be right. That particular force power is not specifically EU nor PT. As stated before, Obi-Wan used it on Luke when he was attacked by the Tusken Raider in ANH.

((The_Anomaly))
how do you know that?

maybe he was checking if luke was alive....

maybe he was trying to see what happened to him by seeing his thoughts...

who knows, prolly the real rational reason was that GL or Alec thought it was what an old hermit would do...

there is no more evidence to support is was force heal then there is to support that he was checking to see if he was alive...

so im not inclined to assume that he used force heal.

Jedi Priestess
Because it was in a webdoc I believe. OR at the OS but I know it came from an offcial source.

((The_Anomaly))
let me see the source then i'll believe it...

Jedi Priestess
Argh I knew you were going to make me spend freaking hours tracking it down. Thats fine, but I so want a big ole you were right and I was wrong, when I find it for the trouble its going to be to find it. laughing out loud

Captain REX
That gesture seems to be one that would send a soothing effect or some sort of slightly healing power...but that leaves me clueless as to why Sidious would use it. Sith are not the healing type, they are the 'You had your skin burned off, now get angry about how much it hurts and kick ass!' type or 'You had every bone in your body crushed, get PO'd and kill someone!' type.

DeVi| D0do
I don't think it has anything to do with the Force... it's just a gesture.

Mstr GEKA
Originally posted by Ast

We know where this thread should be!!!

Ushgarak
I'll definitely need the source. There has never been any remote indication that the Force can be used to 'magically' heal.

Mstr GEKA
The source... Gaming!!! This is EU... Shouldn't be here!!!

Jedi Priestess
Ok this is what I found out. The story is that Ryan Church or Erik Timmens or someone else drew a concept painting of Sidious kneeling over Anakin, with his hand on his head. It was meant to echo Obi-wan doing that to Luke in ANH. Lucas liked it and worked it into the film. Matthew Stover and the author of the junior novelization simply said that Sidious was trying to keep Vader from dying.

It's secondary canon. Lucas hasn't confirmed except for when he line edited Stover's work.

I stand corrected. Pass the crow. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Even if it was in, it's not really 'healing' as such, is it? If anything a mental effect.

darthvader_fan
i think that Ushgarak has the right idea

Jedi Priestess
Didnt I say this?

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

I stand corrected. Pass the crow. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Well, that was about whether it was a source or not, rather then whether it was healing or not, it seemed.

Regardless, question answered. He didn't do it because it can't be done- Force Heal does not exist.

chinabing
The novelization sez Obi-Wan is checking Padme''s pulse, which was faint and erratic. The movie shows him doing the same.

Sesse
lol. In videogames one uses the life leach while the other uses heal...

This goes on forever.

masterkit
yeah, im with Ush

((The_Anomaly))
indeed, as i said, its a video game force ability...the worst kind of EU for canon and well logical purposes

ArthasKnight
I agree. Force heal does not exist, it's just a video game ability. GL just did it to look cool or something to that effect.

NinthSith
Force heal is for video games,bud.

chilled monkey
Force Heal is a cool idea and I think it makes sense that both Kenobi and Sidious used it.

I doubt Kenobi would just leave Padme there without doing 'something' to help her. Using Force Heal when he touches her makes sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.