So, what exactly IS the old Sith Empire? o_______O *spoilers?*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ganner Rhysode
I mean, I know Revan goes off to fight it, but... What even is it? Sith lords such as Darth Bane? ... or... What?

Also, technically, didn't Revan not even fall to the Dark Side? The only reason he found the Star Forge was to combat the Old Sith Empire, he never had any harmful intentions towards the Republic, unlike Malak... His goal, his motivations were DEFENDING the galaxy, not harming it. So...

Finally, in KotOR I, when Canderous tells you one of his war stories about the floating asteroid looking thing that came from beyond the galaxy... was that a Yuuzhan Vong?

Tangible God
The Sith Empire of Old, was the produce of the first Dark Jedi being expelled from Old Republic Space, and discovering the Force-sensitive Humanoid race, the Sith, on Korriban. Over like 20 000 years the two peoples merged, until like the whole race was Force-Sensitive, Dark Side practioners--The Sith Race.

Naga Sadow was the last Dark Lord of the Sith after the powerful Marka Ragnos and Naga discovered the Republic still existed, all around 5000 B.B.Y. he waged war on them which led to much destruction across the galaxy and the total annhialation of the Sith Race. Apparently.

Turns out Revan discovered what remained of them in the unknown regions of the galaxy during his quest for the Star Forge, and he found out they planned to attack the Republic again.

The Sith who came after the Great Hyperspace War (Naga Sadow's war) were only followers of an ideal, the teachings and ideaoligy of the Ancient Sith race, but not actual Sith people's them selves, it was only a title. E.g. Exar Kun, Freedon Nadd, Revan, All those of Bane's line etc...

And we don't actually know, but it's been said that the ship Canderous saw was headed to the void in between galaxies, and since it appeared organic and spewed plasma, we can only guess it was Yuuzhan Vong. Though, HOW, I don't know, since they should've been warring amongst themselves at that time.

Ganner Rhysode
So, the Old Sith Empire are the Sith race that were originally from Korriban that the Sith people, such as Exar Kun, took their name from? I recall hearing a long time ago that the Sith were a race that ancient Sith Lords took their names from... And I guess that's the race?

Hm... I recall, also, though, that they weren't very formidable... So how could they pose a threat to the Republic?

Tru_Slice
P.S. on your sinature, Ganner, but isn't Ganner's saber yellow?

Ushgarak
You know, I really didn't see the artistic justification in KOTOR for making out that the Revan thing onwards was only a Civil War and not a 'True' Sith thing. They then spend all that time building up Nihilus, only for him to die rather craply, and presumably he wasn't a 'True' Sith either.

I mean, why this need to say that none of these things have been 'real' Sith so far? What do 'real' Sith do then? Shoot thunderbolts from their arse?

It doesn't really make much sense. It's not as if someone is setting cosmic truths here; if you are going to say, as KOTOR suggests, that the Sith is more of an idea than an organisation (something I am not sure GL agrees with- I think he always saw it as Jedi (organisation) vs. Sith (organisation)), then the extension of that logic is to say that whoever is on the Dark Side, is powerful enough to be a Sith, and calls himself a Sith... IS a Sith.

I don't see it getting any truer than that.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Ganner Rhysode
Finally, in KotOR I, when Canderous tells you one of his war stories about the floating asteroid looking thing that came from beyond the galaxy... was that a Yuuzhan Vong?

That can't be a Yuuzhan Vong. It sounds like on, but they were still 3900 years from reaching the galaxy. It could be a Zonama Sekot ship, which is like a Yuuzhan Vong ship, but it left earlier.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Ushgarak
You know, I really didn't see the artistic justification in KOTOR for making out that the Revan thing onwards was only a Civil War and not a 'True' Sith thing. They then spend all that time building up Nihilus, only for him to die rather craply, and presumably he wasn't a 'True' Sith either.

I mean, why this need to say that none of these things have been 'real' Sith so far? What do 'real' Sith do then? Shoot thunderbolts from their arse?

It doesn't really make much sense. It's not as if someone is setting cosmic truths here; if you are going to say, as KOTOR suggests, that the Sith is more of an idea than an organisation (something I am not sure GL agrees with- I think he always saw it as Jedi (organisation) vs. Sith (organisation)), then the extension of that logic is to say that whoever is on the Dark Side, is powerful enough to be a Sith, and calls himself a Sith... IS a Sith.

I don't see it getting any truer than that. That's true.

But the Sith Race, as a People, as a culture and economy, are 7 feet tall and would consume the later Sith with fireballs from their eyes, and bolts of lightning from their arse!

They ARE the Sith Race, and they see before them, a whole ARMY of their Being, here to fight against freedom, and love. What would you do without oppression?

But seriously. There hasn't been any real distinction between the first Sith and the later Sith. The first were a race. An actual people spawned from earlier generations of Sith. The Sith of Kun and Revan were not actual races. They were members of an organization that practised the same beliefs of the first Sith.

Although, the Ancient Sith had a brand of "magic" they used that I never heard of anyone else mastering. All the later Sith simply learned the values and teachings of the Old Sith and took on the name, and title of Dark Lord.

The difference is simply put that the First Sith were a race and a people, the later Sith were followers of the First's ideals and teachings.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
That can't be a Yuuzhan Vong. It sounds like on, but they were still 3900 years from reaching the galaxy. It could be a Zonama Sekot ship, which is like a Yuuzhan Vong ship, but it left earlier. Most Likely. The Vong were supposed to still be fighting amongst themselves across their own galaxy at that time. Most likely that ship was just added for a little mystery.

Julie
it could be VOng....just because one section of a country is doing one thing doesn't mean the other is esactly following...there might have been industrious, adventuresome vong who liked to go to other galaxies and kill things

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.