Clark Kent from SMALLVILLE VS Hercules from the Legendary Journeys TV Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
SMALLVILLE Version Clark powers:
Superhuman Strenght Class 100 of low/mid level.
Superhuman durability.
Superhuman speed(over Mach 10) and reflexes.
Heat Vision

Hercules from the Legendary Journeys:
Superhuman Strenght at least Class 50/70, when he used full force, he was able to punch through the wall of a volcano and make a considerable hole into it.
Superhuman durability, he can take blasts from gods, sorcerers, and other beings, as well as their superstrong punches, and being smacked in the face with a spiked mace from his step brother Ares and don't even bleed.
Superman speed, while being in a celtic village, he possessed supersonic speed.Tough even without it he still possess superhuman reflexes as well as agility.

Herc is sent into the future from his father to face a great challenge, Clark is under influence of Red Kryptonite ring, so is acting like a criminal.Herc must stop him, cause there aren't heroes like in the past protecting mortals.
Clark has the range advantage, as well as the superior speed and a slightly edge in the strenght, but looking at Herc, he has years and years of battle experience, his skills in hth are exceptionals, he's a good strategist and tactician, and a one man army, even when he was powerless, he could still be a match for a crew of mercenaries.Also his reflexes grant him to be faster than mortals, tough he prefers slugfests.
I think that even if Clark as slightly superiority in some sectors, Herc has his experience, and SKILL, our young Superman never faced a superstrong guy with knowledge of hth combat, war tactics etc. plus he has a durability which is in his magnitude.

thesilverspider
herc was bad ass but clark is almost to his superman level so clark will take this

K3VIL
Originally posted by thesilverspider
herc was bad ass but clark is almost to his superman level so clark will take this
You're sure?
Herc has experience, skills and strenght too, I mean, he faced gods after all.
He has feats too, he throwed a huge statue into earth stratosphere.
Xena is able to beat gods in the shows thank to plot devices, Herc can do it cause his physical strenght is amazing

thesilverspider
i know that i said he was bad ass but clark is up their in power

chilled monkey
Originally posted by K3VIL
SMALLVILLE Version Clark powers:
Superhuman Strenght Class 100 of low/mid level.
Superhuman durability.
Superhuman speed(over Mach 10) and reflexes.
Heat Vision

Hercules from the Legendary Journeys:
Superhuman Strenght at least Class 50/70, when he used full force, he was able to punch through the wall of a volcano and make a considerable hole into it.
Superhuman durability, he can take blasts from gods, sorcerers, and other beings, as well as their superstrong punches, and being smacked in the face with a spiked mace from his step brother Ares and don't even bleed.
Superman speed, while being in a celtic village, he possessed supersonic speed.Tough even without it he still possess superhuman reflexes as well as agility.

Herc is sent into the future from his father to face a great challenge, Clark is under influence of Red Kryptonite ring, so is acting like a criminal.Herc must stop him, cause there aren't heroes like in the past protecting mortals.
Clark has the range advantage, as well as the superior speed and a slightly edge in the strenght, but looking at Herc, he has years and years of battle experience, his skills in hth are exceptionals, he's a good strategist and tactician, and a one man army, even when he was powerless, he could still be a match for a crew of mercenaries.Also his reflexes grant him to be faster than mortals, tough he prefers slugfests.
I think that even if Clark as slightly superiority in some sectors, Herc has his experience, and SKILL, our young Superman never faced a superstrong guy with knowledge of hth combat, war tactics etc. plus he has a durability which is in his magnitude.

I'd say Hercules wins this one for the reasons you describe.

ZephroCarnelian
Dunno about that.

You ever seen the episodes where Clark is moving at full speed? Everything slows down bullet-time style and he can accomplish multiple actions at a time without people being able to see or without any visible time passing. Herc's not gonna hit Clark.

Herc might be strong (but not as strong as Clark), but I've seen him cut from ordinary swords in the series on multiple occasions, so his durability is in question. His speed is nowhere near on par with Clark's.

And if Clark lets rip, hell - Herc's Austin Power's judo throws that he uses every episode won't mean diddly if he's hit ten times - by someone stronger than a giant (who can knock Herc flying easily) - before he can even blink.

Heck - Clark sits back and toasts Herc with heat vision for a coupla seconds. Herc runs at him.. oh look - Clark's now a hundred yards away. And what's that? More heat vision...?

Herc throws a boulder the size of a car at Clark...? Clark grabs him and positions him neatly under where the boulder is gonna fall.

Seriously guys - Clark on Red K would be a mean son of a biatch. Unless Herc teams up with Ares and Zeus to chuck a few olympian lightning bolts at Clark, Herc is a dead man...

smile

olympian
Herc in that series did got really fast speeds once. Heck if i remember when.

One question, what is Clark biggest feat of strenght in Smallville?

ZephroCarnelian
Herc was given the power by that woman who was the messenger of the gods - like a female version of Hermes. Dunno her name, but she winged feet and everything. Didn't last for long though.

I only have Seasons 1 2 on dvd of Smallville, so I can't tell you his top showings. But it would be unfair to try to comapre them on top showings as, to be honest, what need is there gonna be for mountain lifting strength in a small town like Smallville?

What does matter though is how fast he is consistently shown to be. Even in Season one when he's still learning to use his speed, he manages to run alongside a bullet (i.e. 700mph-ish). He can move from one position to another invsibly because he's too fast for the human eye to see.

And though Herc has survived lightning bolts etc from his father, I've seen him cut from swords, bleeding lip from a centaur kicking him in the face etc etc. His durability is leagues below Clark. smile

Even - for the sake of argument - if they were equal in strength, Herc as he was regularly shown was nowhere near as fast as Clark. Clark could quite easily punch him, then be half a mile away before Herc could react. Ready to do the same thing again. smile

Peace dude - I know that you surely hate the way the legendary journeys disrespected Herc with it's cheesey low budget New Zealand-ness, lol! big grin So side with me! wink

olympian
To be honest since i never saw everything from both shows i cant say my jugdment.

As for the series, it was lame.

Often fun but lame. That wasent " Hercules " at all.

Had they arranged a new name for a new fantasy hero, and it would had been more enjoyable.

ZephroCarnelian
Nope. It was the Captain of the the Andromeda.

And he always wore the exact same yellow tunic and leather trousers - he must've stunk the place up something rotten! big grin

olympian
Captain of Andromeda year one, the early tales then stick out tongue

K3VIL
I think that Hercules durability in the series wasn't concrete cause sometimes the plot settings need him to be less powerful or something like that.
But come on, a guy that can take blasts from Ares, Zeus, and all the other gods, who can fall from several heights, or fight to a standstill Ares himself, is in Clark's league.In an episode Daedalus, father of Icarus, built a huge "exoskeleton", which was made of a strong metal and was used from the king of his city to battle Hercules, their punches and landings on the ground created shockwaves which knocked down the citizens and make the houses near them shaking.
Hercules speed while he was with Celts was incredible, he could disarm human fighters before they could even react.
So if we wanna give him a chance, they should fight in Ireland, but it we don't wanna, they just fight in Metropolis.
Anyway Kal against his father was speedblitzing all the time, he was just in slugfest mode most of the fight.

JediMasterLuke5
Superman is way way stronger then class 100. Superman Takes this one too easy, Superspeed will do the trick. Plus he has way too many powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.