Marvel Cosmics vs DC Cosmics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
MARVEL:
Thor
Silver Surfer
Insane Genis-Vell
Dr. Strange
Sersi

VS

DC:
Superman
Hal Jordan Green Lantern
Ion Kyle Rayner
Dr. Fate
Zatanna

WHO WINS?

DrDoom101
there is way too many competitors in this battle. that's why there's a thre by three limit.

armandovalles
fine hold on ill make it only 5 on 5.

thesilverspider
current thor by himself

armandovalles
thats why i didnt say "Rune King Thor" i just said "Thor" which means his classic version.

batmandaman
DC wins, no problem, superman, Ion and Zatanna could take thor and the rest by themselves.

thesilverspider
thats pushing it strange will take zatanna surfer takes supes out in a second flat.and captian marvel will finish kyle

kgkg
Originally posted by thesilverspider
thats pushing it strange will take zatanna surfer takes supes out in a second flat.and captian marvel will finish kyle
it's ION not GL kyle

he whould win agaisn't Genis

thesilverspider
oh didnt read that

batmandaman
yea, and silver sufer beating supes? that is a bit of a stretch. supes can fly at faster than light speeds, easily keeping up w/ ss, and beats him in strength. that is no competition.

kgkg
Originally posted by batmandaman
yea, and silver sufer beating supes? that is a bit of a stretch. supes can fly at faster than light speeds, easily keeping up w/ ss, and beats him in strength. that is no competition.
Superman can't keep up with SS speed.

SS can go many times faster than light.

SS is non factor Krp radiation, Cell destruction, Force Blast to level Planets.

all things that will K.O , or kill him.

jrodslam
^ Though im almost 100% sure Surfer woulnt fight Suerman. But i dont disagree with all of what you said.

kgkg
Originally posted by jrodslam
^ Though im almost 100% sure Surfer woulnt fight Suerman. But i dont disagree with all of what you said. are you talking to me?

armandovalles
I think Marvel wins.

I think Thor can hold off Superman till he gets help from Silver Surfer who takes out Hal in a few minutes. Then Thor and Silver Surfer go help Genis take out Ion. And Sersi in my opinion is superior to Zatanna as is Strange to Fate.

jrodslam
Originally posted by kgkg
are you talking to me?

Yea.

kgkg
Originally posted by armandovalles
I think Marvel wins.

I think Thor can hold off Superman till he gets help from Silver Surfer who takes out Hal in a few minutes. Then Thor and Silver Surfer go help Genis take out Ion. And Sersi in my opinion is superior to Zatanna as is Strange to Fate.
Thor , SS won't be any help against Ion.

And for SS won't be taken hal out that easily.

I mean if you are taking Jla/Avenger shit ok, but Hal would give SS good fight.

As for Thor would beat Superman again close fight

Both those matches will be close.

Ion is overkill in my opinion

armandovalles

Ion is overkill in my opinion

I dont think so, i mean, i think Genis could at least hold him off for a while. Genis, in his insane period, which is the one in this fight, destroyed and then recreated the universe! i think he has a good shot.

jrodslam
I think Marvel wins.

Surfer takes out Hal in a few minutes? no That one could really go either way.

kgkg
I dont think so, i mean, i think Genis could at least hold him off for a while. Genis, in his insane period, which is the one in this fight, destroyed and then recreated the universe! i think he has a good shot.
recreated the universe when was this? issue

Avalonofthewind
Ion tips the scales heavily in DC's favor.

armandovalles
recreated the universe when was this? issue

Thats what the whole series about him being insane was. During the whole series he was rebooting the universe to be a better place but the strain on his cosmic awareness which affected his mind made him insane, therefore destroying it, but then after Entropy was gone Genis was still insane but he had enoughs sense to recreate it. That's wut the whole 2002 Captain Marvel series was about.

kgkg
Thats what the whole series about him being insane was. During the whole series he was recreating the universe but the strain on his cosmic awareness which affected his mind made him insane, therefore destroying it, but then after Entropy was gone Genis was still insane but he had enoughs sense to recreate it.
what issue is it? can you remember

so u are telling me Genis is at level above Eternity?

Sentry
Vol. 4 Captain Marvel Issue #6

April of 2003.

armandovalles
no, he's got about half of the power of eternity, a lil more. See, what happenned was Entropy, Eternity's evil son wanted to destroy the universe (Eternity) but he even told Genis that he didnt even have half the power of his father so he needed Genis' help because with him they could overpower Eternity. Therefore im assuming since Entropy is only half of Eternity in power that Genis must be also half or more than half since together Entropy and Genis did accomplish their goal as they destroyed the universe, therefore destroying Eternity. But yea, the afterwards Genis defeated Entropy and gained back most of his senses, although still insane, and he recreated the universe.

Sentry
Entropy killed his father Eternity with the help of Genis, thus Entropy himself became Eternity. Son will usurp the Father sort of thing.

Here just before Genis fires the gun:

Entropy:

Genis:

BANG

New universe.

Sentry
Entropy becomes Eternity.

batmandaman
and i love how u think that thor is that much stronger than superman. u ask any nonfanboy and they will tell u that thor, the classic thor this thread is talking about, is not a match for superman. maybe a few years ago, but not now, he has gotten most of his pre-crisis power, if not all of it, back and could easily take out thor and SS. supes also moves at many times faster than the speed of light. from earth to the sun in a matter of seconds! takes light eight minutes to travel that distance. and SS wouldn't know anything about kryptonite or any of that crap.

kgkg
and i love how u think that thor is that much stronger than superman. u ask any nonfanboy and they will tell u that thor, the classic thor this thread is talking about, is not a match for superman. maybe a few years ago, but not now, he has gotten most of his pre-crisis power, if not all of it, back and could easily take out thor and SS. supes also moves at many times faster than the speed of light. from earth to the sun in a matter of seconds! takes light eight minutes to travel that distance. and SS wouldn't know anything about kryptonite or any of that crap.
u may want to Check Thor vs Supes

Thor was getting more support and had better chances , superman was close.

Superman defeating Thor easily? do you read Thor comics?

batmandaman
look, im not saying thor is weak, but superman is faster than him, has more powers, and can just overall overpower him. he could knock thor out before he even knew what hit him. and do u read superman comics?

kgkg
look, im not saying thor is weak, but superman is faster than him, has more powers, and can just overall overpower him. he could knock thor out before he even knew what hit him. and do u read superman comics?
ya i have most of the post Crisis Superman comics

so you are saying

Superman is so fast that Thor won't be able to hit him , and will overpower him.

Gladiator , Quasar etc all have faster than light speed and are faster than Superman.

Superman had touble catching bullets

no qestion Superman is faster than Thor , but thor is a lot more powerful.

and what are his feats that makes him stonger than Thor , or say even much faster.

Thor has battle people who can achieve beyond light speed.

batmandaman
superman flew darkseid to the sun in a matter of seconds! which is definately faster than light. he did the same to wonderwoman, and he pwned both of them. one punch, sent wonderwoman from the sun back to earth agian in a matter of seconds. plus he has his heat vision, freeze breath, super vision, hearing and all that. thor may have BEEN more powerful than superman right after crisis, but now he is definately in a ridiculous area of strength and speed.

Ultimate Ion
The team with Ion wins, pretty easily. He stopped an alien invasion by himself that would have otherwise taken the combined efforts of Earth's superhero community and its human milatary might. He did this while sitting inside the JLA Watchtower.

kgkg
superman flew darkseid to the sun in a matter of seconds! which is definately faster than light. he did the same to wonderwoman, and he pwned both of them. one punch, sent wonderwoman from the sun back to earth agian in a matter of seconds. plus he has his heat vision, freeze breath, super vision, hearing and all that. thor may have BEEN more powerful than superman right after crisis, but now he is definately in a ridiculous area of strength and speed.
Flew Darksied to the sun in matter of seconds, I have that issue does it say seconds.

That’s just shows DC doesn't know the distance btw the Sun and earth.

Here is a statement from Superman

as for Thor he went 3X the speed of light , and Froze time itself.

Jimmy Buggs
Dr strange takes superman out no problem

batmandaman
yea, dr. strange could, but that's beside the point. superman could travel through time of his own free will by how fast he was going, so i don't want to hear that about thor stopping time. and since superman flew to the sun in seconds it just means that dc can't measure distance? hmm...sounds like someone is in denial.

kgkg
yea, dr. strange could, but that's beside the point. superman could travel through time of his own free will by how fast he was going, so i don't want to hear that about thor stopping time. and since superman flew to the sun in seconds it just means that dc can't measure distance? hmm...sounds like someone is in denial.
All you doing is guessing

I have shown superman saying he can't go faster than light

Superman stopping time please show some scans or even better issue number.

Denial ya what does Superman know. lol

Stoping time even funnier can you back any of your claims?

supremthor
Flew Darksied to the sun in matter of seconds, I have that issue does it say seconds.

That’s just shows DC doesn't know the distance btw the Sun and earth.

Here is a statement from Superman

as for Thor he went 3X the speed of light , and Froze time itself.

well hear he is moving faster the light big grin

supremthor
another one

kgkg
I have that issue notice how he is in a vortex, and it's accelerating him

infact when he first enters he can’t control himself because it’s accelerating him

Sentry

infact when he first enters he can’t control himself because it’s accelerating him

Was it this issue?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/speed.jpg

looks like he did have trouble controlling his speed. Superman faster than light? Pffttt..

kgkg
here same issue

kgkg
Originally posted by Sentry
Was it this issue?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/speed.jpg

looks like he did have trouble controlling his speed. Superman faster than light? Pffttt..
supes 191

Ultimate Ion
Superman is only faster than light with the right amount of sun exposure. That's the whole reason he fought Darkseid at the surface of the sun. He wanted to get him to the Source wall.

Dizzle
Ion, by hisself to the whole thing. It's like Parallax but more Kyle-ish.

Surfer moves multiples of light speed pretty easily... Traversing millions of light years in minutes and all that. He's proven to be quite fast reaction wise too. (reacting to and breaking energy shackles within a nanosecond, catching Ganymede) He also has cosmic awareness so he most definitely WOULD know all about kryptonite. He can also sense its exact wavelength, and reproduce it in a blast or radiate it from his body. Unless Supes is gonna fly through a cloud of pure kryptonite radiation, he's pretty screwed.

For Thor... His biggest problem would be keeping up with Supes. Superman hasn't really proven himself to REACT at multiples of light speed. He can fly that fast when powered up by the sun (in space) but that's pretty much it. He's still likely faster, but Thor isn't too shabby himself. Thor has MUCH more combat experience, similar strength, and magic, which conveniently hurts Supes a great deal more than normal blows would. I say 7/10 for Thor. (Supes has a big 0 for chances against Surfer...)

batmandaman
kryptonite exsist outside of the marvel universe, so its out of his cosmic awareness

joesha28
Maybe But Surfer could drain Supes that's w/o doubt. His cosmic awareness will prompt him abt Supes sun radiation.

Ultimate Ion
Originally posted by Dizzle
Ion, by hisself to the whole thing. It's like Parallax but more Kyle-ish.
Ion is more powerful than Parallax. It was Parallax plus Kyle's own GL ring which itself was more powerful than any other ring created. Of course with all the energy, his ring was miniscule. big grin

batmandaman
yea Ion really gives DC all the edge they need. he is pretty much ridiculous.

Superherovandal
Ion is Parallax plus Oblivion. He could take the Marvel team by himself.

ImmortalOne
Ion = waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy uneven !!! Just change it to Ganthet, or Phantom Stranger !!!

doctorstrongbad
I think team marvel could win this. Most people on here never give Thor or Silver surfer enough credit.

ImmortalOne
well,.............. YOU DONT KNOW WHO ION IS !!!

Superherovandal
with Phantom Stranger it would be even easier. He's stronger that Ion.

ImmortalOne
LOL...........I KNOW !!!!

Ultimate Ion
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
I think team marvel could win this. Most people on here never give Thor or Silver surfer enough credit.
They don't give Green Lantern, Zatanna, and Dr. Fate enough credit either. wink

armandovalles
Fine im changing Ion to 2 GL's: Kyle and John. So now this is the battle:

MARVEL:
Thor
Silver Surfer
Insane Genis-Vell
Dr. Strange
Sersi

VS

DC:
Superman
Hal Jordan GL
Kyle Rayner GL
John Stewart GL
Dr. Fate
Zatanna

Now who wins?

kgkg
Fine im changing Ion to 2 GL's: Kyle and John. So now this is the battle:

MARVEL:
Thor
Silver Surfer
Insane Genis-Vell
Dr. Strange
Sersi

VS

DC:
Superman
Hal Jordan GL
Kyle Rayner GL
John Stewart GL
Dr. Fate
Zatanna

Now who wins?

i mean Changing Ion for two GL? common man

Genis kills them

Draco69
???? There's only one "cosmic" on the DC team: Ion.

Dr. Fate CAN be cosmic with prep.

snoopdogg

infact when he first enters he can’t control himself because it’s accelerating him Your still on that kgkg?

It wasnt a vortex for the last time. The word was not even mentioned once in the damn comic. Basically he flew into a rip in space and it caught him off guard.

While he was inside he wasnt struggling at all. Post a scan of the page where he says the only way out of it is to achieve lightspeed. He said himself that he didnt know if he could do it. But he did.

long pig
Surfer's best speed feat is when he went looking for a villain and checked over the entire earth in less than a second.

Then came back and said "He's not on earth"

snoopdogg
All you doing is guessing

I have shown superman saying he can't go faster than light

Superman stopping time please show some scans or even better issue number.

Denial ya what does Superman know. lol

Stoping time even funnier can you back any of your claims? I dont know about stopping time but he can slow it down when he has to.

kgkg read Wonderwoman #219. Superman flew WW to the Sun and tried to throw her in but she pulls out a Kryptonite ring and uses it on him. He then punches her all the way back to Earth!!!

When they got back Max Lord said the the whole fight took less than two minutes from start to finish.

Basically he went to the Sun, fought a little, then flew back in less than two minutes.

Do the math.

Cosmic Cube
It's pretty clear that Superman's speed depends on the level of sunlight he's absorbed. I have no doubt that a sundipped or highly solar powered Supes can will himself to exceed lightspeed. I highly doubt normal Supes can. If I recall correctly, he once stated that he wasn't faster than light.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by long pig
Surfer's best speed feat is when he went looking for a villain and checked over the entire earth in less than a second.

Then came back and said "He's not on earth" Im not saying Superman is faster than Norrin Radd.

Im just saying in space he is faster than light.

Didnt Superman fly to France one time and grab a bottle of Louis' favorite Wine before she opened the door of their apartment?

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Im not saying Superman is faster than Norrin Radd.

Im just saying in space he is faster than light.

Didnt Superman fly to France one time and grab a bottle of Louis' favorite Wine before she opened the door of their apartment?

Who is Louis?

Cosmic Cube
I dont know about stopping time but he can slow it down when he has to.

kgkg read Wonderwoman #219. Superman flew WW to the Sun and tried to throw her in but she pulls out a Kryptonite ring and uses it on him. He then punches her all the way back to Earth!!!

When they got back Max Lord said the the whole fight took less than two minutes from start to finish.

Basically he went to the Sun, fought a little, then flew back in less than two minutes.

Do the math.

Superman can't actually slow down time. In that scan, it's pretty clear that Supes is flying at warp speed (FTL.) Time has to slow down in order for you to exceed light speed. Space has to bend in order to travel at warp speed. That's why it's called "warp speed." Time and space are warped when traveling at that speed.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Who is Louis? wacko

Cosmic Cube
wacko laughing

I agree with you, snoop. Superman has to be flying faster than light in your scan. Time and space only warp when traveling at warp speeds. The writer makes it pretty clear.

snoopdogg
laughing

I agree with you, snoop. Superman has to be flying faster than light in your scan. Time and space only warp when traveling at warp speeds. The writer makes it pretty clear. Thats all Im trying to say.

ImmortalOne
At last, some Supez acknowledgement by a Marvel boy !!!

Cosmic Cube
Thats all Im trying to say.

I thought about it for a while, and you're right. The narration says everything except "Superman is traveling faster than light." Otherwise, it's pretty clear that he's going FTL.

Some writers don't depict Superman as being FTL, though. That's probably the source of the inconsistency.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
At last, some Supez acknowledgement by a Marvel boy !!!

I'm just being logical... confused

ImmortalOne
And oh yeah, replace ion with GANTHET !!! Or any other Quintessence !!

snoopdogg
If I recall correctly, he once stated that he wasn't faster than light. Actuallly kgkg posted the scan where he said that.

At one time maybe he actually thought he wasnt faster than light. I know I have said I couldnt do certain things only later to find out that I could. In Superman #191 he said that he didnt know if he could reach lightspeed in the void but he said that he had to try cause it was the only way out.

He was still accelerating too when he got out.

Cosmic Cube
Actuallly kgkg posted the scan where he said that.

At one time maybe he actually thought he wasnt faster than light. I know I have said I couldnt do certain things only later to find out that I could. In Superman #191 he said that he didnt know if he could reach lightspeed in the void but he said that he had to try cause it was the only way out.

He was still accelerating too when he got out.

Just goes to show you...

ImmortalOne
Hmmmmm.......

kgkg
I dont know about stopping time but he can slow it down when he has to.

Do the math.
That’s not controlling time

As you move faster time slows down for everyone

That’s a scientific fact.

as for light speed , when has he done it ( that actually clearly states he has done it) do you have scan of something like that.

i mean When he said he can't go faster than light. Even before that he was travel space just like that.

If you have any pics , scans that says faster than light speed that proves it.

As for do the math this, and that like I said I have seen superman do stuff like that before he even said he can’t go beyond light speed.

superman302
That’s not controlling time

As you move faster time slows down for everyone

That’s a scientific fact.

as for light speed , when has he done it ( that actually clearly states he has done it) do you have scan of something like that.

i mean When he said he can't go faster than light. Even before that he was travel space just like that.

If you have any pics , scans that says faster than light speed that proves it.

As for do the math this, and that like I said I have seen superman do stuff like that before he even said he can’t go beyond light speed.

ok do that math, it takes light 8 min to get to the earth from the sun and as we all know light travels at ...... yes you guessed it LIGHT SPEED, now superman was able fly wonderwoman and himself to the sun have a fist fight then punch her back to the earth fight some more and make it all the way back to the check mate base within 2 min, now im not no scientist but i think that might mean he was moving faster then the speed of light Happy Dance

batmandaman
Originally posted by superman302
ok do that math, it takes light 8 min to get to the earth from the sun and as we all know light travels at ...... yes you guessed it LIGHT SPEED, now superman was able fly wonderwoman and himself to the sun have a fist fight then punch her back to the earth fight some more and make it all the way back to the check mate base within 2 min, now im not no scientist but i think that might mean he was moving faster then the speed of light Happy Dance

oooo, sounds like a burn.

jrodslam

Marvel=DC
Ion tipped the scale for DC taking him away tips it for Marvel with Ion I say DC without than Marvel.

Decay
i know that the gl would be fairly useless in this fight, i have one of the marvel vs dcs where the surfer drops him in a page. although he says he regrets doing it and wishes they hadnt faught. so anyone around his level is going to be pretty useless here too, as it took little time and by the looks of it even less energy for the surfer to trash gl. im not sure about the others, but the surfer does control radiation, and kryptonite radiation hurts superman a great deal so i think he drops too. im not familiar with the other dc characters but with two of their members taken out by the surfer with little energy consumption id say marvel wins.

ImmortalOne
DUDE, THE DECISION TO REPALCE ION WAS BULLSHIT !!!

batmandaman
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
DUDE, THE DECISION TO REPALCE ION WAS BULLSHIT !!!

yup. at least replace him w/ someone kinda powerful, not some gl's.

armandovalles
fine, ill change my decision. Instead of changing him to 2 gl's im changing him to Darkseid from the 90's. Not the jobber nowadays but not pre-crisis, the one from the 90's who was still very powerful.

kgkg
Do the math do the reading.

So i have to full a calculator out to find superman can go faster than light.

Well i have shown you him saying he can't

Very good arguments tough wink

superman302
Do the math do the reading.

So i have to full a calculator out to find superman can go faster than light.

Well i have shown you him saying he can't

Very good arguments tough wink

yes i saw that but if he pushes him self he can and what you showed happened in an older comic then recent one i mentioned and as anyone knows superman is starting to reach levels beyond those that he use to be at.

kgkg
yes i saw that but if he pushes him self he can and what you showed happened in an older comic then recent one i mentioned and as anyone knows superman is starting to reach levels beyond those that he use to be at.
Well pretty recently he has failed to catch bullets

superman302
Well pretty recently he has failed to catch bullets

What are you talking about have even been reading all the stuff leading up to infinity crisis???

kgkg
What are you talking about have even been reading all the stuff leading up to infinity crisis???
u want scans buddy.

big grin

superman302
no its cool just tell me the comic issue so i can go back and re read where superman wasnt fast enough to catch a bullet

Draco69
Please. He's referring to Superman/Batman. Which is a bullshit comic. Unfortunately Marvelites read that comic because its friggin elementary and doesn't require much knowledge about DC.

Superman is faster than light in space. Period. On Earth, no.

kgkg
no its cool just tell me the comic issue so i can go back and re read where superman wasnt fast enough to catch a bullet
i can't remember can someone help me.

superman302
i can't remember can someone help me.

yea what i thought

kgkg
Draco might remember ask him

superman302
Draco might remember ask him

lol are you talkin about what happened in superman/Batman? cause if you are that story line isnt exactly flowing very well with the main stream infinite crisis story line.

kgkg
lol are you talkin about what happened in superman/Batman? cause if you are that story line isnt exactly flowing very well with the main stream infinite crisis story line.
so it's not cannon?

superman302
so it's not cannon?

its cannon but it has little to do with the infinite crisis coming up and i believe i was talking about recent feats that superman has done in the comics leading up to infinite crisis not some superman/batman early issue comic that prolly came out about a year ago at the least.

kgkg
its cannon but it has little to do with the infinite crisis coming up and i believe i was talking about recent feats that superman has done in the comics leading up to infinite crisis not some superman/batman early issue comic that prolly came out about a year ago at the least.
here let me find you the issue.

it's was this year

batmandaman
its canon, not cannon. a cannon is a weapon.

snoopdogg
here let me find you the issue.

it's was this year Superman #207.

There is more to the story than Superman not being fast enough kgkg.

He dont have any problems catching gun fire from a AK-47.

kgkg
Superman #207.

There is more to the story than Superman not being fast enough kgkg.

He dont have any problems catching gun fire from a AK-47.
snoop I don't think you get the picture.

Iam trying to say Superman is not faster than light.

At least on earth

If he was he would have caught those bullets. Am not saying he hasn’t he is faster than a speeding bullet.

He might be super fast

But not light speed on earth , and even space I have yet to see that. (other than me having to pull a calculator out)

cheldon
MARVEL:
Thor
Silver Surfer
Insane Genis-Vell
Dr. Strange
Sersi

VS

DC:
Superman
Hal Jordan Green Lantern
Ion Kyle Rayner
Dr. Fate
Zatanna

WHO WINS?

replace thor with thanos replace superman with highfather and this will actually be a cosmic fight.

snoopdogg
snoop I don't think you get the picture.

Iam trying to say Superman is not faster than light.

At least on earth

If he was he would have caught those bullets. Am not saying he hasn’t he is faster than a speeding bullet.

He might be super fast

But not light speed on earth , and even space I have yet to see that. (other than me having to pull a calculator out) kgkg I never once said Superman was FTL on Earth. I said SPACE!

Wizard magazine even said that Superman moves at 99% speed of light.(And that was in 1997!)

kgkg
kgkg I never once said Superman was FTL on Earth. I said SPACE!

Wizard magazine even said that Superman moves at 99% speed of light.(And that was in 1997!)
ok that's fine

Adam Warlock
-EDIT-

ABCyclops
Don't forget the Shadow Oblivion for DC. Overall, i'd say DC comes out on top.

Bouboumaster
Marvel via Genis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.