Movie Rentals Of The Week/Month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
Ok, in here you speak about, which movies that you rented, and is recommended for others to pick up. So, type what rentals are worth renting every week or month. Maybe, you have seen a movie, long time ago but, you can't get it anywhere else, except you could rent it at. You could also list thoughs.

Cinemaddiction
Well, today "The Interpreter" and "Amityville Horror" dropped as well as some other, smaller titles. I'm able to rent movies via Pre-Street, since I got my job at Hollywood, and saw a few before they were out.

"My Summer of Love" - A great British indie about two girls on opposite ends of the spectrum. One is from a scrappy Irish family, the other, a posh, private school girl. They become quick friends, and lovers to an extent, and learn life lessons from one another, with a really unexpected ending.

"The Interpreter" - Nicole Kidman acts as a UN Ambassasor/Interpreter, and comes under fire, alleged to have a hand in a planned assassination set to take place at the next UN Summit. Sean Penn plays a field operative who is assigned to protect Kidman's character. It was rather slow and boring, with a few moments of suspense. But overall, not worth renting, IMO.

"The Man With the Screaming Brain" - I guess all Bruce Campbell fans will see this, but I personally thought it was dreadful. Totallu unfunny, Bruce's character was uninteresting, and the story had been done before previously in "The Man With Two Brains", to an extent, only it was actually FUNNY! There was never any "screaming" to speak of, it was a very medicore attempt, and another one I wouldn't really suggest.

"Alien Apocalypse" - Another Bruce Campbell shitfest, only this time, he gad Gabby from Xena to tag along, as he fought off "aliens", which were actually giant, oversized green grasshoppers that ate human heads, and had horrible dialogue. Skip it entirely, unless you're a glutton for visual punishment.

Murray
I can update on which movies are on DVD every week.

Oct. 4:
The Interpreter (Sean Penn, Nicole Kidman)
Cinderella (Disney Special Edition)
Amityville Horror (Ryan Reynolds)

DVD of the Week: The Interpreter
Theatrical Release of the Week: Wallace and Gromit

Murray
Hey, I just posted my last response while Cinemaddiction posted theirs while I was typing mine. Whoa

TwisterGameX
I wanted to check out The Interpreter, but wasn't sure if it was good. Now that I know, i shall. Ok, Van damm is the king of rentals(well in the past)

Murray
It wasn't necessarily the greatest film, but Sean Penn and Nicole Kidman give great perfomances. I love the whole plot of the movie too.

TwisterGameX
Well this month, I think Batman Begins comes out Oct 18. I am not sure though.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Murray
I can update on which movies are on DVD every week.

Oct. 4:
The Interpreter (Sean Penn, Nicole Kidman)
Cinderella (Disney Special Edition)
Amityville Horror (Ryan Reynolds)

DVD of the Week: The Interpreter
Theatrical Release of the Week: Wallace and Gromit

There's a thread for that in the DVD Talk forum, and this is strictly for rental releases, BTW.

Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Well this month, I think Batman Begins comes out Oct 18. I am not sure though.

That's correct.

TwisterGameX
I recommend, old movies too like Indiana Jones.

Cringe
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
since I got my job at Hollywood, and saw a few before they were out.

You lucky bastard.Thats my dream job when I become of age.But I will go to blockbuster just because i like their selection better and because they get to see movie rentals a week before they come out also.

Or the theater.Where I work there able to see the movie the night before they come out.

I recommend "The Interpreter".A great deeply intriging political thriller with great performances by Kidman and Penn (who I often find annoying but he's tolerable in this film )

Cinemaddiction
I've got the rental priviledges at Hollywood as well, that's how I saw all 4 of those movies before today. By the time you could work at a video store, they'll probably be extinct. Blockbuster, Movie Gallery, and Hollywood Video all require applicants to be 18 or older.

I didn't find "The Interpreter" engaging or intriguing at all. It was about 35 minutes too long, and more dramatic than anything. Stretched an already very thin plot way too far, IMO.

Cringe
Probaly but I still want to work at one.I'll do blockbuster because like I said they just have a better library.Alot more special interest films and tv shows.

I liked it.It was kind of boring sometimes but I think its worth a watch.

TwisterGameX
Working at either have their benefits.

Murray
I'm most excited for Batman Begins and Kingdom of Heaven.

What are you guys excited for?

Cringe
Same even though i've seen both big grin

Cinemaddiction
Nothing really for this week. I'll be happy to own "Undead", "Unleashed", and "High Tension".

I've seen 6 of the bigger movies being released this week, have two more to rent tonight (11:14 & Kingdom of Heaven)

Murray
The Kingdom of Heaven DVD is supposed to be 10X better than the theatrical release, so some critics say.

Murray
In each month, here's what I'm most excited for:

Oct: Batman Begins and Kingdom of Heaven

Nov: War of the Worlds and Buffy the Vampire Slayer 40 Disc Seasons 1-7

Dec: Four Brothers

Jan: Hustle and Flow

TwisterGameX
Me is just batman begins.

Murray
I thought that was the best film of the year so far. Excellent. Did you ever see Memento? Same guy! (Christopher Nolan)

His next film is entitled The Prestige with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.