-=- HOLLYWOOD ADMITS THERE MOVIES SUCK-=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Acherontia
The entertainment industry loves to point the blame for their troubles elsewhere all the time. This leads to ridiculous situations like blaming text messaging or BitTorrent as being behind the decline in movie going. While theater owners have been blaming the quality of movies for the slump, Hollywood has mostly denied it... until now.

A few Hollywood execs are now suddenly willing to admit that maybe they've just been making particularly crappy movies lately, and that improving the product could help the industry.

Of course, the theater owners need to realize that "the product" isn't just the movie, but the entire movie going experience that needs to improve. A combination of good movies and a good movie-going experience would do wonders for the industry.

It's almost shocking to find out that Hollywood may finally be recognizing that quality does matter, though, it's hard to believe enough will be swayed to actually do anything to change things. Update: Double shock. Disney's new chief is saying all the right things about embracing new technologies and giving consumers what they want. Of course, talk is cheap. Let's see what actually happens.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20051002/2254214_F.shtml

Nevermind
At least someone is admitting something.

DeVi| D0do
Yup. Make some decent movies, and maybe then I'll consider forking out $15 for a ticket... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nevermind
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Yup. Make some decent movies, and maybe then I'll consider forking out $15 for a ticket... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well doesn't sound like they are promising to change anything, they don't even mention change, it's just a Huge apology, which will be forgotten in less than 2 weeks.

DeVi| D0do
They'd be stupid to not change anything though... They've just admitted that the quality of their movies is not bringing in the money... and we all know how much Hollywood execs love money...

Here's another article on the subject: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-boxoffice1oct01,0,5042859.story?coll=la-home-business

Mandorallen
HORRAY!!!!!!

I want my money back.

NinthSith
On average HollyWood really hasnt had a good movie trend since the early to mid 80's.Ever since CGI technology took over all we have gotten is crap.CGI makes movies to easy to make,they are made in a couple months instead of the years it took to make the older films.

jaden101
no studio's seem willing to take a chance on something original with their own cash

hence we get crap remakes or plot lines that are practically spoon fed to us

they are even determined to spoil foreign films that they distribute

take nightwatch for example...there is no mention throughout the film of shapeshifters until someone changes on screen...it comes as a shock to the viewer...so what do they do to the western tralier...mention shapeshifters so no-one gets confused about the film

hence easily the best films of the last few years have either been foreign or independantly made

NinthSith
Originally posted by jaden101
no studio's seem willing to take a chance on something original with their own cash

hence we get crap remakes or plot lines that are practically spoon fed to us

they are even determined to spoil foreign films that they distribute

take nightwatch for example...there is no mention throughout the film of shapeshifters until someone changes on screen...it comes as a shock to the viewer...so what do they do to the western tralier...mention shapeshifters so no-one gets confused about the film

hence easily the best films of the last few years have either been foreign or independantly made

I agree with that

NinthSith
Could you imagine how much more money Star Wars Ep3 would of made if they would of used old school effects!People are already sick of these craptastic CGI movies,they need to mix it up more as far as affects go.

NinthSith
Yes and the current trend of remakes and crappy swashbuckler Alexander type movies are getting really old.

NinthSith
[hence easily the best films of the last few years have either been foreign or independantly made

make that like 10-15 years

Ushgarak
They aren't interested in making good movies, they are interested in making profitable ones. We all know the two do not always coincide.

All this is just flim flam. For damn sure, it is never going to be the case that the most profitable movies are those of the highest quality, however you define that. That;s just them casting around.

If sales are slumping- and that is debatable- it simply means they are getting the formula wrong right now.

So this is false hope. If movies change, they'll just change to a different formula of dross. There will be no quality renaissance- after all, if you are serious about watching good films, you can go see them already.

DeVi| D0do
I think something they've got to take into account is that movie-goers have changed. They're not the same people they used to be. Several years ago mainstream movie-goers might have accepted 'The Island' and perhaps it could have been a success, but I think that the people who used to be mainstream movie-goers are now getting their movies from other, less legal sources. And the only people who really go the the cinema these days are the ones who actually care about the industry and appreciate good films. Which is why popcorn flicks (The Island, Stealth) are not doing as well as they used to... that, and the movies just sucked.

Just my $0.02...

Ripcord
They've definitely been putting out more poor movies the last few years. Its possible it could be that the "general" movie goiers arent going anymore. I hope that the problem is realized and by next summer a better product is being made. Though I think that we should make a movie about my man Mitch: ditty-o.com laughing

dreamkilla10
xghkmcgh

NinthSith
The biggest part of going to the movie used to be the sense of seeing something magical,there is nothing magical about CGI.We all now how CGI effects are made.The old movies were a magical illusion.CGI SUCKS and will get dated horribly as technology gets better.It wont be long till they have video games that look better then the movies that are made with CGI making todays movies absolutely useless in 10 years.

The day's of classic movies are gone untill they bring back the magic.

fanatos
does anyone know which movie;s this from? http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=237rp.jpg

jaden101
well its don cheadle so i can narrow it down

Ocean's Twelve
After the Sunset
Hotel Rwanda
Crash
The Assassination of Richard Nixon
The United States of Leland
The Hire: Ticker
Ocean's Eleven
Rush Hour 2
Swordfish
Manic
Things Behind the Sun
Traffic (2000)
The Family Man
Fail Safe
Mission to Mars
... aka M2M

A Lesson Before Dying
The Rat Pack
Out of Sight
Bulworth
Boogie Nights
Volcano
Rosewood
Rebound: The Legend of Earl 'The Goat' Manigault
Earl 'The Goat' Manigault
... aka Rebound
Devil in a Blue Dress
Things to Do in Denver When Your dead
"Picket Fences"
Lush Life
The Meteor Man
Happy Days Manager
"The Golden Palace"

Colors (1988)
Hamburger Hilln
Punk (1986)
Moving Violation

fanatos
I know its him, but which movie is it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.