oh ouch!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
from IMDB, yeah thats gotta hurt laughing out loud

queeq
Hope they have a DVD player in jail.

darthvader_fan
laughing

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by queeq
Hope they have a DVD player in jail.

rotflmao hysterical

Sir Nauj
evil face

Red Superfly
OWNED

DARTH DADDY
Does that mean all of us who have copies could also be prosecuted for receiving stolen goods. whistle

Lord J
Originally posted by DARTH DADDY
Does that mean all of us who have copies could also be prosecuted for receiving stolen goods. whistle possibly

DARTH DADDY
I was speaking hypothetically of course.

Lord J
Originally posted by DARTH DADDY
hypothetically whats that mean confused

Jedi Priestess

darthvader_fan
in english please nerd

jedi-kev
I have a bootleg copy of ROTS, I'm proud to have it. never once saw it in the cinema to that cash greed Lucass

Lord J
Originally posted by jedi-kev
I have a bootleg copy of ROTS, I'm proud to have it. never once saw it in the cinema to that cash greed Lucass is it good quality

Sesse
The bootleg copy has been my pride and joy for a long time now...

jedi-kev
Originally posted by Lord J
is it good quality

yes

Lord J
i make videos i need the movie

dragon milly
Originally posted by jedi-kev
I have a bootleg copy of ROTS, I'm proud to have it. never once saw it in the cinema to that cash greed Lucass

And now Lucas and McCallum take off like Jay & Silent Bob in "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" to hunt down every last pirated copy that someone was stupid enough to admit having on a message board, like MoviePoopShoot.com.
stick out tongue

kalsemo
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
in english please nerd

Umm, who learned you how to spoke??

hypothesis= an educated guess

hypothetically = guessing; situational; uncertain - when you make up a situation to make or explain a point.

It's the same as phrasing every question beginning with "What if?"

I take it you have not been paying attention in Engligh class and Science class??

Lord J
Originally posted by kalsemo
I take it you have not been paying attention in Engligh class and Science class?? no expression

kalsemo
no expression

It's just that hyposthesis is, like, one part of the scientific method, and boy do I remember having that burned in my brain by my science teachers.....

Sesse
Indeed I wonder who "learned" him to spoke...

jedi-kev
kalsemo, the last pic in yr sig is disgraceful. bottom right

Jedi Priestess
I like it. Just the way it should be inho. yes

Jedi Priestess
no expression

Well dude that was copied directly from the dictionary. If you can't read a dictionary entry you have serious problems.

OMG double post embarrasment

DARTH DADDY
Someone posted a little earlier never seeing EP3 in the theater, only as a copy of the original. Sorry, nothing beats seeing it full size with all the sound effects in a space of that size.

Almost blasphemous, if your a true SW fan.

masterkit
I saw it on opening day.

There was a Stormtrooper there.

kalsemo
Originally posted by Natalie-Lover
kalsemo, the last pic in yr sig is disgraceful. bottom right

What do you mean by "disgraceful?"

Well when I cut and pasted into the sig, it got kinda scruntched up like that.

kalsemo
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I like it. Just the way it should be inho. yes

Thank you.

Jedi Priestess
Hes objecting to the insertion of Hayden at the end of ROTJ.

dragon milly
insertion of Hayden

droolio

pr1983
Hes objecting to the insertion of Hayden at the end of ROTJ.

and so he should... stick out tongue

darthvader_fan
yes

kalsemo
Originally posted by dragon milly
droolio

"insertion of hayden"

hehehehe. your drool to that comment is just too funny!!!! May I add:

Jumpy and

drool and

naughty

Lord J
"insertion of hayden"

Jumpy and

drool and

naughty huh

DARTH DADDY
Insertion whistle, sorry...I was thinking about another hot woman in here...hey babywinkiss

Boris
Jesus... three years in Jail for leaking a movie? Freakin' crazy.....

Darth Subjekt
Like Lucas never copied a movie as a kid or young adult. What if Steven Speolberg "gave" Lucas a copy of a movie...is that stealing? Oh well...i hope they all die..not really though....im so confused....

anyway..the addition of Hayden was one of the best corrections of the OT..mainly cause that was the way he last looked as a Jedi. He NEVER looked the way he did at the end of the OOT as an older Anakin.....so it makes sence.

McCusto
I saw it on the second day it was out. There was 2 Stormtroopers, 1 Darth Vader, and an Anakin dude. When I was in the theater, some geek came in and said "Who here has seen the movie? I must say, the way the tuskens spun there gaffi sticks was disappointing". I was about to jump up and say "What the **** are you talking about!!!"

Ahh, good times. . . .good times. . . .

Alkaselzer
"insertion of hayden"

Jumpy and

drool and

naughty

I smack my forehead in shame...

pr1983
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Like Lucas never copied a movie as a kid or young adult. What if Steven Speolberg "gave" Lucas a copy of a movie...is that stealing? Oh well...i hope they all die..not really though....im so confused....

anyway..the addition of Hayden was one of the best corrections of the OT..mainly cause that was the way he last looked as a Jedi. He NEVER looked the way he did at the end of the OOT as an older Anakin.....so it makes sence.

No it doesnt... anakin had been redeemed, he was a good guy again at the end of rotj... so lucas got it right the first time imo...

Darth Subjekt
youre missing the point...he physically NEVER looked that way as Anakin, so theres NO way he could look like that as a "ghost". Being redeemed doesnt make you grow limbs or hair. So it was correct the secon time around. I odnt know, its not just me...otherwise Lucas never would have changed it. Its the best OT change. Changing Boba's voice (while good for continuity) was the my least favorite....i liked how Boba was mysterious and had a "grough" voice. I just wish he would have left that alone.

Eleonora
from IMDB, yeah thats gotta hurt laughing out loud

I can't see what's so funny, since one of these people could have been you or anyone else who downloaded the film.
People always laugh at other people's troubles but they're never entertained when it happens to them, God knows why. roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
actually, you are incorrect.
they were not in trouble for downloading, they
were in trouble for supplying the bootleg.
thats who lfl was going after and thats who they caught.

but since i much enjoyed the fruits of their labor
in my long wait for the dvd, i wont laugh

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Eleonora
I can't see what's so funny, since one of these people could have been you or anyone else who downloaded the film.
People always laugh at other people's troubles but they're never entertained when it happens to them, God knows why. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And I cant see why all of a sudden you seem to want to pick a fight with me? Especially since you were one of those that had the opportunity obtain the above mentioned vid from a board we both belonged to. Whether you did or not I dont know, but I do remember you right there begging for links. erm

tlbauerle

I think you're right. No one should be laughing at this.

DeVi| D0do
Well, I AM going to laugh. They got what they deserved. And like PVS said they were charged for 'leaking' the movie not downloading it... so unless anyone here has some good contacts, I doubt any of us could have suffered the same fate...

I don't care how much money Lucas or any other film maker already has, he is entitled to every profit his film makes. And bootlegs like this prevent him from getting that profit. Now, for Lucas, this might not be too much of a problem, but think of smaller independant filmmakers... Film is becoming as unprofitable business as music. Well, maybe not, but you get my point.

And, yes, I did download it, which of course makes me a hypocrit. But what are you gonna do?

tlbauerle
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Well, I AM going to laugh.

And, yes, I did download it, which of course makes me a hypocrit.

Well, I do feel bad because I downloaded it. I just feel differently about it.

Did they make money off it, or just upload it? If anyone used a torrent, they did the same thing.

DeVi| D0do
Hmm... Yeah, I guess. But these guys actually stole (as in physically stole) the movie and then distributed it on the net.

I doubt they made any money off it so I guess it is technically the same thing as using a torrent (distributing it illegally), but seeing as these people are responsible for it getting out there in the first place, I think they deserve it.

And I didn't use a torrent which covers my arse... stick out tongue

There was an interesting article on tv the other day about hollywood making a bust on illegal dvds here in NZ... What was interesting though was that the guy was looking at his computer screen and said "At the moment there are twenty people in NZ downloading movies illegally" and went on to say that he could see there IP address etc. Two Questions: How is he able to find that information? and If it's illegal, why aren't they raiding their houses? Is it not a chargable offense to merely download movies?

Sorry for turning this into an actual discussion... stick out tongue

tlbauerle
DAMN YOU! An ACTUAL discussion on KMC! Blasphemy!!

IT's actually real easy to see IP addys. It sort of depends on how you are downloading. Mostly you have to be involved in the download or upload to see exactly who is sharing. Once your computer is connected to another, you can trace each other's IP.

Which is interesting because to catch people you either have to download from them or upload to them. Uploading it to them is entrapment, which is not only a good movie, but illegal. Therefore the best way to be avoid being caught is to not upload and leach off people. That's why I only share in small circles for the most part.

darthmonkey9206
I downloaded it and burned it on dvds and passed it out to all of my peeps, i could care less. wink We all still got the Nov. 1st dvd anyway.

DarkYoda

And I didn't use a torrent which covers my arse... stick out tongue
evil face

If it's illegal, why aren't they raiding their houses? Is it not a chargable offense to merely download movies?

*Inserts long rant on the morality of file-sharing*

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by tlbauerle
DAMN YOU! An ACTUAL discussion on KMC! Blasphemy!!

IT's actually real easy to see IP addys. It sort of depends on how you are downloading. Mostly you have to be involved in the download or upload to see exactly who is sharing. Once your computer is connected to another, you can trace each other's IP.

Which is interesting because to catch people you either have to download from them or upload to them. Uploading it to them is entrapment, which is not only a good movie, but illegal. Therefore the best way to be avoid being caught is to not upload and leach off people. That's why I only share in small circles for the most part. I see... So, if it's illegal, and they know people's IP addresses, why are they not doing anything? They're using their time to go after the bigger guns? But if they make even one arrest it'll scare a few people into line...

Originally posted by DarkYoda
evil face

*Inserts long rant on the morality of file-sharing*
big grin

Please do explain... I've never really heard a proper argument for file-sharing... It doesn't have to be a long rant though... stick out tongue

Morality is subjective to different people. I think it is immoral to not pay someone for their work. I can kind of see the the legality side of it... how it's just sharing stuff, which isn't illegal. So I could see how people think they're not breaking the law... But I just don't think it's a fair thing to do.

I'm not pointing fingers or anything (you of all people know that without file-sharers I wouldn't have been as happy over these last five months... big grin )... I'm just curious.

DarkYoda
Let's put it this way: It may actually force Hollywood to consider that quality does matter. yes

And here are a few questions to ponder: How much profit does the movie industry really deserve to make? Are they saying that their ability to not lose money is more important than that of the individual?

I mean face it: Episode III is the top money making movie of the year by far and THEY are going to prosecute people over this? Bah.

G R E E D

99% of the people that share and download files do so because THEY HAVE NO MONEY!!! When I have money, I spend! The industry is not losing money because of this. The reason for their financial losses are much more complex than that. They are little children that are quick to point the finger at anyone but themselves.

Read some of the comments at the bottom of this article:
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=8&p=info&c=7867681

DarkYoda
And you may have to scroll down some in that article too. Some comments are better than others. The reason I posted that link is that I feel reading what lots of people think on the matter is much better than reading what one person thinks or what I think. It's much more intriguing to read what lots of individuals from various walks of life have to say. And those are some of the best comments I have read on the subject to date. yes

DeVi| D0do
Thanks for that DY... I will read the comments in that link tomorrow, I'm too tired to do it now. But to comment on what you've said:

I agree with what you are saying. To an extent. Yes, Hollywood needs to realise that they cannot just keep putting out pathetic generic crap like they have been. And they have majorly themselves to blame for thier slump in the Box Office. Their inability to realise what the public wants and needs.

And I agree that the movie industry (some parts, at least) probably makes more money than it deserves. But I'm still of the belief that if someone provides a service (making the film) and a product (the film itself), they should be paid for that. Otherwise it's just like volunteer work. And we know how much that sucks... big grin

"99% of the people that share and download files do so because THEY HAVE NO MONEY!!! When I have money, I spend! The industry is not losing money because of this. " - I think that's a HUGE generalisation, but I see what you're saying. I don't really agree though... I know people who dowload a lot of movies. And I know that they would not buy said movie when they were legally available as I'm sure we all did with ROTS. I don't think some people really understand or care about what they're doing. Or they just don't even think about it. Hell, about a month ago my brother-in-law came over with an illegal DVD of 'The Longest Yard' which we watched. This is a film I would have paid to rent on DVD when it was available, but since I've seen it I'm not going to.

I'm sure that there are MANY other people who do similar things without thinking about it for a second... So to say that "The industry is not losing money because of this" is not exactly true in my opinion.

Thanks for your thoughts, I'll be sure to check out that link. smile

DarkYoda
And I agree that the movie industry (some parts, at least) probably makes more money than it deserves. But I'm still of the belief that if someone provides a service (making the film) and a product (the film itself), they should be paid for that. Otherwise it's just like volunteer work. And we know how much that sucks... big grin

Except they should not make money if they do a crappy job. They should lose their job and find something else they are good at and let talented people take their place. evil face But that calls for accountability. The execs (the ones at fault) will make their money while the people that were just doing their job will not.

Yeah... that was kind of generalization. I have no idea how most people feel on the matter. That is how I feel though. When I have money to spare, I buy. What else is it good for? big grin

The real truth is that both sides would have it be black and white... when it isn't. It is gray. And while I kind of agree about what you said regarding your brother-in-law, I also have to wonder if it is much different than renting a copy of the Longest Yard and then inviting 10 of your friends over to watch it when they would have spent money to rent it. Before we know it, the "industry" will be telling us how many people we are allowed to "lend" our copies to.

laughing

Darth Jello
Originally posted by dragon milly
And now Lucas and McCallum take off like Jay & Silent Bob in "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" to hunt down every last pirated copy that someone was stupid enough to admit having on a message board, like MoviePoopShoot.com.
stick out tongue

that doesn't particularly scare me. no offense, but Lucas reminds me of a life size poppa smurf.

Eleonora
And I cant see why all of a sudden you seem to want to pick a fight with me? Especially since you were one of those that had the opportunity obtain the above mentioned vid from a board we both belonged to. Whether you did or not I dont know, but I do remember you right there begging for links. erm

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just pointing out how indecent it is to laugh about other people's misfortunes when you could be in their shoes. What you mentioned above should have clarified my position for you but obviously a lot of people have problems connecting their situations with others. Remember that these guys are doing a favour to people who have limited resources and a fixed rate for the Net. Personally, I prefer watching movies on my TV so I buy dvds on discount except for the ones I really want (SW anyone? big grin ), but some people just don't care where they watch movies.

Bicnarok

tlbauerle
I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just pointing out how indecent it is to laugh about other people's misfortunes when you could be in their shoes.

Nah...forget it...

She thinks everyone tries to pick a fight with her....Like she's the center of the universe or something. eek!

Jedi Priestess
I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just pointing out how indecent it is to laugh about other people's misfortunes when you could be in their shoes. What you mentioned above should have clarified my position for you but obviously a lot of people have problems connecting their situations with others. Remember that these guys are doing a favour to people who have limited resources and a fixed rate for the Net. Personally, I prefer watching movies on my TV so I buy dvds on discount except for the ones I really want (SW anyone? big grin ), but some people just don't care where they watch movies.

Ok I see what you are saying, I misread what you meant. smile

Captain REX
Originally posted by tlbauerle
Nah...forget it...

She thinks everyone tries to pick a fight with her....Like she's the center of the universe or something. eek!

Please stop that, tlbauerle. That only provokes things.

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Captain REX
Please stop that, tlbauerle. That only provokes things. Truth hurts.

Captain REX
Instigation hurts more. Come on, LTA, you should know better.

tlbauerle
meh. You're right. I probably shouldn't point it out since it's common knowledge.

Captain REX
You're still doing it, you know.

tlbauerle
Damn...caught! big grin

Eleonora
Ok I see what you are saying, I misread what you meant. smile

It's ok JP. You're still the best administrator. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.