Hey you, yes you reading this. EVOLVE OR DIE!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
wow look at this........

http://www.marvel.com/wallpaper/fetchimage.htm?id=368&size=sm

discuss..........whats gonna happen?

spencerspider
dont know

willRules
Its the new upcoming storyline. Morlums back and he beats the heck outta Peter, so to win this fight Peter has two choices. Evolve or die.......

Silverstein
ya, apparently i read something in Wizard mag. There will be a villain or someone that spiderman for once, will not be able to defeat

willRules
yep thats morlum and spidey has to evolve or die!!!! bu bu bu!!!

spencerspider
evolve?

Silverstein
ya, evolve in what ways????

SymbioteToxin
thats intersting... cant wait till it comes out

spencerspider
become evil!lol

steverules
It will be cool to see him evolve into someone more powerful, but will once he's evolved will he stay evolved and if he does wouldn't it be abit rubbish cause then he'd be able to beat villains with ease (I think since he would be more powerful and he's beaten all the other villains).

willRules
well it depends in what way he evolves. and just cos he gets upgrades, doesn't mean he won't have to take on a higher class of villain.............

Mainstream
Originally posted by willRules
well it depends in what way he evolves. and just cos he gets upgrades, doesn't mean he won't have to take on a higher class of villain.............

he'd have to fight Super Venom, Mega Doc Ock, and the Ultimate Ulitmate Spider Slayers, lol

Arahan
laughing

May be he will able to turn into a giant spider *shock

I think the transformation in a spider and given birth thing has some
side effects. May be Peter will get complete new Spider Powers.

May be he gets claws and healing...wait this has been done... with this Wolvi guy laughing

Dont know what will happen but i am really lokking forward for it.
Morlun is one of the bad ass villians of Spidey.

Mainstream
I guessing he'll be able to tap in to the spider force...the source of all spider based heros powers.

willRules
yes, the spider-force is the strongest force in creation. It is the universal force which creates all..........

Mainstream
yes, the spider-force is the strongest force in creation. It is the universal force which creates all..........

the planets, Suns and stars are on the "web" of the spider-force.

willRules
yes that is correct brother mainstream. now is our time. we must offer someone on these forums as a sacrifice to it..........

Mainstream
yes that is correct brother mainstream. now is our time. we must offer someone on these forums as a sacrifice to it..........

the time has arrived to pay tribute to the all powerful and mighty spider-force. so it is written so must it be obeyed.

willRules
written in the blood of uncle ben...........

Arahan
laughing

Mainstream
written in the blood of uncle ben...........

in the web of spiderman testament

willRules
so it was foretold..............

Mainstream
.........that a Spiderman would die only to be reborn more powerful than the sinister six could have i possible imagined

willRules
Hey mainstream who would win in a fight? Spider-phoenix or the Phoenix force?

Arahan
Spider-Phoenix-Force of cource laughing

If Peter really gets some new powers then I would prefere this:

loss of organic webbing
loss of insect telepathy, communication to spiders would be okay but not INSECTS.

increase of strength, may be class 20 or 25
increase of speed may be 30x faster reflexes

Overall a classic Spidey with just higher strenght and speed.

Jimmy Buggs
what do the insects say to spidy? I havent read any comics in awhile

spiderboy5
during the last fight spiderman barely made it out alive.........i would want to see how he gets out of this one confused

Arahan
May be Spidey dies?

" Death and Return of Spider-Man"

willRules
Originally posted by spiderboy5
during the last fight spiderman barely made it out alive.........i would want to see how he gets out of this one confused

Yes hence the name of the title of the storyline "The Other : Evolve or Die........"

Jimmy Buggs
what makes this bad guy so tuff?

Sparkz
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs

Everything Spider-man did to him didnt effect him, at all, not explosions being hit by spidey anything, and he can drain peoples life force, but he is after Spider-man's because he has a spider life force in him thats pure, I'm not gonna go into full detail cause it takes to long. But if he absorbs spider-mans energy he will be alive for another 100 years.

doctorstrongbad
Wait didn't spider-man already fight this guy? The comic where he goes to gives himself more radiation so they bad guy gets hurt by draining him. Unless the bad guy came back?

willRules

well last time he fought Molurm ezekial told him his abilities. He never tires or gets exhausted, he feeds off of superheros who have animal like powers. He has durability which is reported to be greater than Thor or the Hulks and strength which is higher. IMO his greatest ability is his tracking. Once he has found you he can always find you, no matter where you go or hide.

He wanted to feed off of spider-man. They had a great fight, then spidey tried to run then they fought then spidey ran and this kept repeating for a few days. Spidey started to tire out and came up with a plan. He injected himself with a lethal dose of radiation, when Molurm tried to eat him, he had to digest the radiation which made molurm weak and he died.

here is a link for any more info on him. Just click on the m-o and then in molurm

http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm

Jimmy Buggs
so spidey has to evolve or die? or maybe the villian evolve instead of die?

steverules
I don't get how he returned. I mean last I saw of him was a pile of dust.

Sparkz
Originally posted by steverules

Yeah I was thinking that, hey maybe if he can come back from a pile of dust so can Ben Reily

willRules
Originally posted by Sparkz
Yeah I was thinking that, hey maybe if he can come back from a pile of dust so can Ben Reily

eek! Yeah! and for some unknown reason he is a bad guy and they could have a really cool spider-man vs clone fight!! oh wait already happened sad ................

willRules

Im sure that will be revealed in this storyline, but if this one is anything like the first Molurn one it will be brilliant...........

Mainstream
Morlum was cool

"you will run...I will follow..and I will catch you"

Arahan
Morlun is a great villian. Powerful, charismatic and funny.

Mainstream
the fact he didn't talk much gave Spiderman little to no chances for his "witty remarks"

willRules
thats cos he punched peter in the face alot, in fact I might read those issues later...........

steverules

That's what he could put in his dating portfolio.LOL

willRules

That's what he could put in his dating portfolio.LOL

as I read that I was thinking that as well!

doctorstrongbad
So it is the same bad guy and he is coming back from the dead. Well I'll have to check it out.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Silverstein
ya, evolve in what ways????

Organic webbing out of his ass like real spiders evil face

steverules
He could plant his eggs in morlun and then when they hatch they can eat their way out. Only problem is by the time they hatch Pete might be dead, but heck at least there are like now 20 spider-men/women running around.

willRules
He could plant his eggs in morlun and then when they hatch they can eat their way out. Only problem is by the time they hatch Pete might be dead, but heck at least there are like now 20 spider-men/women running around.

I was hoping for abilities more along the lines of increased speed, reflexes, strength and limited telepathy with bugs...............

DBZ MAN
he already gained that when he got his organic webbing...unless ur being sarcastic.

Drache53
It's sarcasm, the guy has Deadpool in his avatar.. lol What if it's not Morlun? Remember Ezekiel said that there were a few of those things like Morlun running around. Maybe it's another one..

willRules
So when does this storyline come out? If/When someone gets any of the Other: Evolve or Die storylines this is the thread to also post reviews or pics in............

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Drache53
It's sarcasm, the guy has Deadpool in his avatar.. lol What if it's not Morlun? Remember Ezekiel said that there were a few of those things like Morlun running around. Maybe it's another one..

No, it's been confirmed that it is Morlun.

Arahan
October

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 01 Part 1
Marvel Knights Spider-Man 19 Part 2
Amazing Spider-Man 525 Part 3

I also had the idea that there are several Morluns around the world.
Like a little gang of life suckers ^^

Arahan
And here a nice scan from Friendly N Spider-Man 1

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2135/scan00234ky.th.jpg

willRules
cool scan cheers big grin Got any more?

Arahan
yes

i will post it later

willRules
cool cheers big grin

8bitChris
I got the issue.

Spiderman is faster than bullets!

Arahan
Peter and MJ training with Cap

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/6784/18fm.th.jpg

Arahan
Spidey trying to focus

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/333/35yh.th.jpg

Arahan
Here the result

http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7602/27rh.th.jpg

8bitChris
Awww man...you missed all the cool bullet dodging and being faster than bullet stuff and skipped right to the end...

willRules
cool got any more?

Arahan
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7033/14vt1.th.jpg

Arahan
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7756/29ju.th.jpg

Arahan
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/8459/34rk.th.jpg

Arahan
Thats enough now. If you want more buy the comic wink

And yes Spidey is faster than bullets.

willRules
cool cheers big grin

hotsauce6548
Picked up the comic yesterday. Really cool read. Sets up for the story; especially the beginning. yes

Arahan
Yes the comic is good .I hope the next issues will be good too.
I am really excited about the Evolve or Die thing.

Tomorrow comes Marvel Knights SM 19 with part 2, dont miss it guys.

spencerspider
so ive been gone what is he evolving into?

Arahan
well we dont know yet. But we know that something is wrong with
spideys blood/dna and Morlun is back.

Drache53
Does anyone know the name of the TPB where Spidey first fights Morlun? Is it Homecoming?

jplatinum
Maybe he will have to train(something he really doesn't do, since his powers are natural, not like batman and others.)

Maybe he trains and pushes his powers even further by doing this.

He becomes several times stronger,faster,more agile,quicker reflexes,and becomes more durable.

Hell maybe he finally makes use of that genius I.Q. and creates a potion that boosts all his abilities(he should be able to.)

Arahan
potion sounds crap but i like the idea of training and perfecting his powers.

Jimmy Buggs
training dont = evolving

Arahan
uhm well if you look it froma different angle of reality then yes.

Lord Magnus
They can't change Spider-Man's powers!
spider-Man has had the same powers since the 60's unchangingly (unless you count organic webbing) and they've already changed them slightly recently (organic webbing) and if they do anything rash and/or permanent it's gonna leak into the movies/ultimate universe and mess everything up. If Spider-Man "evolves" they should either be talking about an emotional journey or something he has to reverse i.e. him turning into a giant spider.

And Lord Magnus is already more highly evolved than anyone else on this forum. fools.

Arahan
they dont have to change them, just increase them.

b-dan
this spider man thing is just like soemthing from batman tho he didnt die or evolve he just got his ass kicked by Bane

SymbioteToxin
can't wait for this weeks issue. wonder what kind of sickness spidey gots.

Arahan
ASM 525 goes on with the Story. I am really curious about his decease.

DBZ MAN
spideys strength also increased when he had organic webbing. before he could lift 10 tons, now its 15.

steverules
I think that maybe the disease is to do with him evloving.

hotsauce6548
I think that maybe the disease is to do with him evloving.

That's what I was thinking. yes

steverules
well I can't wait for january, issue 24 of deadpool and cable comes out and deadpool takes on spidey!!!!!!!!punkthumbs_upthumbsupthumbuptaz

Arahan
It was about time that DP fights Spidey.

steverules
yes

Well it will be a long wait but in the end it will be worth it. Or will it, the pic I saw where they were fighting was obviouslt the front cover so what if they don't fight and spidey fighting dpool is just the front cover for that issue, or they do fight and it's like two punches and then it's over. Hopefully it will be a fight that both find to be a challenge.

Arahan
hope so. it would be really crap if they just show 2 or 3 pages of a fight.

steverules
I'm not sure if it's based after evolve or die, but if it is then spidey having evolved would have an advantage over dpool.

Arahan
Assuming that the issue comes on january and that the evolve or die thing ends in januar, then it is possible that spidey has some new
abilities which could help him. But sadly we have to wait that long.

steverules
I'm not sure if this is right or not but the storyline may be based before evolve or die. I wish they would bring it out earlier, assuming that it is a good fight I'm not very pleased that I have to wait about 3 months for it. I wonder if he wil try to shoot spidey or face him in hand to hand, it would be a waste of time trying to shoot someone who can dodge bullet's.

willRules
Oh cheers for changing the subject steve. If you wanted to talk about Spidey's and Wades upcoming fight there is already a thread for this I created several days ago...............here it is................

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f47/t373009.html

steverules
Oh cheers for changing the subject steve. If you wanted to talk about Spidey's and Wades upcoming fight there is already a thread for this I created several days ago...............here it is................

I do my best to help out Will LOL stick out tongue

SymbioteToxin
damn gotta wait 2 more weeks to find out whats wrong with spidey.

steverules
Curses.

willRules
lol

steverules
Originally posted by SymbioteToxin
damn gotta wait 2 more weeks to find out whats wrong with spidey.

There ain't nothing wrong with spidey, that disease is evolving him... big grin

willRules
I agree that would seem the most obvious explanation but I hope the plot is slightly more complicated than that. I hope (And Im sure it will) that Cap words about not always relying on instinct plays a key part to the storyline..............

willRules
BUMP

DBZ MAN
What the f**k? ? bump?

willRules
It makes the thread go to the top of the page. When i don't know what to type, i type BUMP just to highlight this thread at the top of the page

doctorstrongbad
I'm hoping it will be a great story arc, I love the stories better than the action .. sometimes. hehe BTW everybody Hurricane Wilma was gay, just got my power back.

DBZ MAN
It makes the thread go to the top of the page. When i don't know what to type, i type BUMP just to highlight this thread at the top of the page

ahh kk, i got ya

willRules
lol

Arahan
Did anyone read ASM 525? Nice issue. Spider-Man must be really ****ed when even Tracer and Morlun dont want to fight him.

willRules
what happened in the issue?

DBZ MAN
SPOILER SPOILER!!!!!spidey tells off aunt may an tells her to go to bed lol, he meets morlun wen supposdaly battlin a robot than finds tracer at the avengers mansion talking to aunt may. wd peters stress he is willing to kill tracer xcept it was a robot

willRules
cool got any pics?

hotsauce6548
Here's a basic summary:

Robots attack city. Peter stresses, yells at Aunt May. Peter finds Morlun in city. Morlun won't fight because Peter hurt. Peter goes back to mansion. He finds Tracer there, talking to Aunt May. Peter flips out. Tracer doesn't want to fight, because Peter hurt. Peter stresses, almost kills Tracer. Robot.

End.

DBZ MAN
basicaly what i said lol.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
basicaly what i said lol.

'Cept you didn't do it in coolio sentence fragments. smart

DBZ MAN
lol, u just revamped the origanol gangster so to speak lol

Jimmy Buggs
so did he evolve yet?

spencerspider
lol such a long wait

grey fox
Pfffffffffffft the writers will ruin this.

steverules
so did he evolve yet?

He's only at the beggining, at the moment he has a disease and that is most likely him starting to evolve.

willRules
Yeah but disease isn't the word i'd use for evolving. I hope its more complex than it sounds at the moment.

steverules
Well what word should I use...I mean when I said that the disease is him evolving on this thread you agreed, so what's changed your mind?

willRules
Oh no Im not disagreeing with you. I think the disease will cause the evoloutionary change. Im worried that it will, because its too boring and easy. Its the writers easy way out of making a complex and interesting story.

hotsauce6548
Oh no Im not disagreeing with you. I think the disease will cause the evoloutionary change. Im worried that it will, because its too boring and easy. Its the writers easy way out of making a complex and interesting story.

Yeah, like he has to fight back against the disease, and when he comes out victorious, he'll be all strong and legendary and stuff... cool

Arahan
Just a few days until Friendly N SM 2. Cant wait....

I still say the desease has is connected to the Queen story where Spidey transforms into a big Spider. I think the transformation has corupted his Spider DNA or Spider totem stuff

willRules
cool theory

steverules
Are you saying he's gonna change into a big spider...........?

willRules
No. I think he is saying that when he changed into a big spider it affected his DNA. When Peter changed back his DNA was corrupted. peter is supposed to have a pure totemestic spider-blood. Ezekiel said so. maybe this is why peter is dying of a DNA illness.........

steverules
I am slightly confused. OK the story is called evolve or die and peter has a choice he can evolve or die, but he doesn't really have a choice does he since he's evolving anyway, so why call it evolve or die?

willRules
Its a cool and catchy phrase. Its like comic book covers. Half the covers don't show the true story...........

steverules
I hate it when they use the same title. But how many times are they gonna fight before he evolves, or are they gonna fight and suddenly pete evolves? I think Pete should evolve but should still find morlun to be a challenge and only just win only then would I find it to be a good fight.

willRules
Thats a good point. I think he should evolve after he beats molurn

steverules
No he evolves and beats molurn but he even when he evolves he still find's it hard to beat molurn. I would hate it if spidey evolved and beat molurn just like that, they have to have an epic battle and it has to be a challenge for spidey other wise it won't be interesting. I should be expecting a call from marvel any time now.

willRules
laughing out loud

I think Spidey should evolve after he beats molurn. If spidey becomes more powerful when he evolves then molurm wil be easier to beat. So he should fight molurm, find it a real challenge, spidey wins and then evolves.....................

Arahan
Good point.

I think it is like a Pokemon Game. First you have to fight and gain experience points then you reach teh next level and evolve to
Spiderkachu....well something like that laughing

willRules
laughing out loud so thats where they get their ideas from...............

steverules
I wonder where you got the idea to do a batman sig from.....?

spencerspider
Did he evolve

steverules
I don't think he has yet but it will happen either when spidey is fighting molurm or after (not likely to be after he has fought molurm).

doctorstrongbad
Well they will have to give him more power if he evolves. That would make for an interesting story arc. We he then have to fight stronger bad guys?

Arahan
It would be cool seeing spidey fighting against stronger guys.

Some of his rogue galary are really patethic...."Vulture"

willRules
I wonder where you got the idea to do a batman sig from.....?

Steve I had created two batman and superman sigs before you even joined these forums.................

steverules
And was it there no and did I know that know but now that I decided to have a batman sig so have you so don't even try and argue your way out of this one cause it ain't gonna work, I can read you like a book.

willRules
And was it there no and did I know that know but now that I decided to have a batman sig so have you so don't even try and argue your way out of this one cause it ain't gonna work, I can read you like a book.

In response to this read my last post

doctorstrongbad
There is so much love on the forums. hehe Spider-man is such a complicated guy, I wonder when he gets a vacation?

steverules
In response to this read my last post

You just can't come up with something good can you, Just admit that you have copied me.

willRules
You just can't come up with something good can you, Just admit that you have copied me.

Read my last post on the previous page.

Arahan

willRules
Yours is cool. And thank you for ending what was a pointless arguement yes

steverules
yes, even though u did copy me. Any way glad that's over and the next one of us to say something insulting, about sig's, batman or pic's is gay.

Arahan
thanks, i did that sig in ehm 5 minutes..

Yes we are here to talk about Evolve or Die not about sigs.

And here is a nice pic from AMS 525

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4116/5252343sy.jpg

willRules
yes, even though u did copy me. Any way glad that's over and the next one of us to say something insulting, about sig's, batman or pic's is gay.

I am not even going to respond to your posts if they continue to insult and accuse me. Its not worth it. I know I am right and that you are wrong and thats good enough to me.

Now sorry for interrupting you, Arahan, I will be able to focus more on the thread topic now................

willRules
Originally posted by Arahan
thanks, i did that sig in ehm 5 minutes..

Yes we are here to talk about Evolve or Die not about sigs.

And here is a nice pic from AMS 525

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/4116/5252343sy.jpg

Wow his condition is deteriating fast, he can barely climb walls...........

cool scan by the way big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>