Star Wars 3D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH DADDY
I read an article, I think it was in Playboy, about the time that ROTS came out and GL stated that he was going to go back and make the OT 3D. I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this. Has any one else heard about it, or is there any other info out there that can support or deny this?

IMHO, I think it would be great, if it is done correctly. But knowing GL and how meticulous he is, I bet it will be good.

jediprson
I heard about this before ROTS. Not just the Original Trilogy but the whole Saga. GL is going to release them one by one starting 2007.

DARTH DADDY
For some reason I thought you had to use a special camera when making a 3D film, a special process. Well, maybe not cause one of the Jaws movies was in 3D to. SOunds good to me, looking forward to it.

ShadowKing
I'm sorry Darth Daddy but your Avatar is going to have to come with me...police, move along...nothing else to see here...

3D...yay 1950's technology today! homer Will he ever learn?

DARTH DADDY
Hey, hands off my baby. Don't make me pull out a can!!!

roughrider
You no longer have to shoot ahead of time for the new 3D. Disney came to ILM and asked them to make 3D copies of all the shots from the upcoming Chicken Little, and they succeeded. I will be curious how this will look for live action - especially older live action like the original trilogy.

DARTH DADDY
I'm sure GL has thought about this a lot and I would expect have a couple test runs done already. I don't see him waisting a lot of money on something that isn't going to work.

Sesse
Next stage would be making the new films interactive.

Obi Wan: "Master, we're short on time!"
Qui Gon: "We need a navigator to guide us..."
Qui Gon: "Shall we take Jar Jar with us? Y/N".
*N*
Qui Gon: "You are right my padawan, we have to go now."
Qui Gon: "Thank you your highness we leave in peace"

PVS
laughing out loud

qui gon: perhaps this gungan could be of use to us
obiwan: perhaps his head would make a nice trophy...

*behead jarjar or invite to join?*

DARTH DADDY
If he's planning on getting the first one out in 2007, I'm sure he is working on it right now. Unless it's not as big of a task that we think it is.

DARTH DADDY
and by the way PVS, your sig is very disturbing

Sir Mist
Is this 3D as in wearing those spastic glasses and being in the movie, or 3D as in like Shrek and stuff? Because Im confused right now....messed

It'd be cool if he redid the whole saga Clone Wars style big grin

jediprson
Originally posted by Sir Mist
Back in April at the film industry event, ShoWest, Rick McCallum mentioned that Lucasfilm was looking into releasing all six Star Wars film theatrically in 3D, but at the time had no definite plans. When asked about recent happenings of this project, McCallum alluded to some major progress on the front as he was quoted as saying that Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope was already 20% complete in the transformation process to 3D.

"The major tests we did were really startling because in the process you can literally pick out every visual effect. And you can change them as you deal with each element. Even though the film wasn't planned around the 3-D idea, we can actually take advantage of it.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Barker
Originally posted by DARTH DADDY
and by the way PVS, your sig is very disturbing
So is your Avvy. In a Pervish, sickish Way.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by DARTH DADDY
I read an article, about the time that ROTS came out and GL stated that he was going to go back and make the OT 3D.

worst idea ever IMHO

DarthLazious
He is doing all 6 flims in 3D.

Sith Master X
I'm sort of excited to see how that turns out.

Jedi StunRun
im in two minds about the whole thing. As much as i love SW, im still waiting for GL's next (non SW) projectyes

DARTH DADDY
Barker,
There is nothing more sexy then my wife coming out with that on. OMG
Sorry, I don't think I'm a perv., I just adore my wife.

chinabing
Then how about a larger image!

DARTH DADDY
Cause that is one thing I have not been able to figure out how to do, post an image. Or I'd have a cool sig with me and my daughters... Darth Daddy and his little Siths in training. LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.