Questionz...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dexx
K guyz...here are a few questions regarding ep. 2 after i've just seen it the 4th time ( or is it 5th...but who keeps counting)

1. How did Jango agree to clone himself making armies for the republic when he was allied with Dooku? Is this part of Sidious's grand plan to take over?

2. After defeating Anakin and Obi, why didn't Mace finish them, before Yoda came?

3. Why did Dooku left after he pulled that big thing over Anakin and Obi, forcing Yoda to leave the sabre and save them? If he would've stayed, it would've been a "Choose your life or your friends's" situation.......

4. ..... ................. ... damn it! I forgot the 4th. I have more but i just can't remember 'em. Well, time, i have

Ushgarak
1. Jango was almost certainly in on the whole plan. Had he actually still been alive at that point it would have been no surpiser to him when the Clones turned up and he would have made his escape like Dooku.

2. You mean Dooku, I assume... because escape was his priority, not killing. Mind you, that does not expalin his ludicrously exaggerated swing behind his head to finish Obi-Wan with!

3. Ditto. He was under time pressure and just wanted out of there.

Viseus
2. Dooku (same assumption) may have been ordered to spare Anakin, future Sith, after demonstrating to him the power of the dark side, and cut off a hand. Appears to be standard recruitment procedure (Vader/Luke). Obi-Wan, however, was clearly about to eat the painful end of the red saber when Yoda showed up to save the day. And yeah, the swing was ludicrusly exaggerated. (I've allways wondered how a presumably weightless lighsaber blade can be swung at all.)

4. Maybe you were wondering why Yoda didn't simply pull the fallen Jedi to safety, away from the falling beam, instead of spending all his strength on that huge thing?

Captain REX
Well, #2 does seem kinda familiar when compared to The Empire Strikes Back.

finti
I guess that was aimed at both of them, I dont think he had orders to spare Anakin.

Dexx
Yes...Dooku, I was in a hurry and i dunno why i wrote that big grin

Halba
2. I agree with the SITH LORD thingy however ANAKIN DOES FIGHT COUNT DOOKU in EPISODE 2 to become the SITH apprentice of EMPEROR. How else does he become Vader??

Halba
ep2 = ep3

sorry

Ushgarak
Actually, I don't think Dooku knows anything about Anakin. I think he was surprised at the skill of this Padawan, expecting an easy victory, hence his heavy breathing afterwards (unlike against Yoda, when he KNEW it would be a tough fight)

I think Palpatine already has an eye on Anakin being Dooku's replacement and so has told the Count nothing.

Dexx
i think....Sidious might have told Dooku something about anakin. Sidious and Annie had a small chat in Coruscant
"In time you will learn to trust your feelings. Then u will become invincible" Sidous has grand plans with him and that's why he might've told Dooku not to kill 'im.

Oh....oh.....i've remembered 2 more questions.

4. When Dooku told Mace that he was impossibly outnumbered, he said "I don't think so". Was he aware of the clones backing them up?

5. How come a jedistarfighter doesen't have real countermeassures? When he was followed by Jango's missile he used the spare canisters to destroy it.

k....i think this is it

Corran
Mace knew Yoda had gone to see the Clones, it's possible he felt Yoda's presence in the force nearing!

Viseus
Yes, Dooku is smart and independent enough to eventually become a threat to Palpatine. Anakin can be manipulated and led much more easily than Dooku. Clearly, Palpatine can't let Dooku know about the replacement plans, but he also must try to keep Anakin alive. This becomes a dilemma when the two fight, knowing how much stronger Dooku is, at the moment. Maybe Palpatine just gambled that Anakin would survive.

Corran
maybe everything was proceeding as he had forseen!

Dexx
and it has

Viseus
I don't think he planned on losing Maul. For instance.

Dexx
hmm....yes, i don't think he did. But when he died, he took Qui Gon with him. the jedi are getting fewer. So....a small sacriffice for Sidious. Besides. Dooku is better

Viseus
Right, so even though things have been going well for him, I doubt Palpatine can forsee everything, in detail. There was a risk that Dooku would kill Anakin in the hangar, even if Palpatine had forseen that he wouldnt.

Dexx
k...what about the jedi starfighter countermeassures....

yerssot
spare parts apperently

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.