Ken Masters VS Terry Bogard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Venom Dude No.1
... who would be the superior fighter?? Would it be ken Masters from Capcom's Street Fighter or Terry Bogard from the SNK Fatal Fury games???

Adam Warlock
Ryu could beat Terry. Not Ken.

Adam Warlock
Oh, wrong forum dude.

the Darkone
Ken will own terry in fight, ken is more like wolverine in a fight.

Arahan
Never underestimate Ken, he is a beast. Did anyone play SNK vs Capcom Chaos? There is a evil version of Ken, and he really kicks ass.

Adam Warlock
Terry's SNK flagship character, he won't lose to a second rate Ryu. He was the first before all the others came out. World Heroes, Samurai Showdown, Etc...

Ryu could beat him. Not Ken.

Did you see the Fatal Fury movie when Terry battled a god?

Ken has a chance, but in the end he'd most likely lose. Oh SVC Chaos sucked compared Capcom VS. SNK and the Marvel VS. Capcom series. But I know who your talking about.

7 out of 10, Terry Bogard.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Terry's SNK flagship character, he won't lose to a second rate Ryu. He was the first before all the others came out. World Heroes, Samurai Showdown, Etc...

Did you see the Fatal Fury movie when Terry battled a god?

Ken has a chance, but in the end he'd most likely lose. Oh SVC Chaos sucked compared Capcom VS. SNK and the Marvel VS. Capcom series. But I know who your talking about.

7 out of 10, Terry Bogard.

Well I dont think Ryu could beat Terry I think it will wind up in a draw.

Yes I agree Ken does have a chance.

LGodamus
terry stomps a puddle in kens ass

outavodka
get the h*ll out here Ken works Akuma, wheres Ryu fails to in an anime, saturday morning cartoon for usa, manga.

according to capcom:
AKUMA IS THE BEST IN CAPCOM UNIVERSE until GILL

LGodamus
Originally posted by outavodka
get the h*ll out here Ken works Akuma, wheres Ryu fails to in an anime, saturday morning cartoon for usa, manga.

according to capcom:

yep and he would still get owned...ken would be curbstomped..if you think differently you need to read up on the bogard boys....he fought and destroyed an incarnation of the god of war ...

brainchild81
Terry's SNK flagship character, he won't lose to a second rate Ryu. He was the first before all the others came out. World Heroes, Samurai Showdown, Etc... Flagship doesn't equal victory. Isn't Kyo the SNK main man nowadays? I don't think Terry's won anything since he showed up. Ken'd beat Terry down and burn him to a crisp.

Did you see the Fatal Fury movie when Terry battled a god? I hated that movie. Didn't his girlfriend help him though? H2H, Ken totally outclasses Terry. Ken has yet to fight at full potential and he still beats most people. They'd both beat him. Ken'd KO him. Ryu'd accidentally put him in a coma.Originally posted by P-Geyser
Well I dont think Ryu could beat Terry I think it will wind up in a draw.
Ryu would beat the living Hell outta Terry.

jinzin
terry... he beat the pants off a damned god..

brainchild81
Didn't his girlfriend help him though?

olympian
"Did anyone play SNK vs Capcom Chaos"

I play it all the time. But keep in mind that every "dark side" of a character its always more powerful.

"Flagship doesn't equal victory. Isn't Kyo the SNK main man nowadays"

No. He was the flagship to "King of Figthers" game where the storyline was about his rivality with Iori. Now is another. Terry is the main man of snk, not just one of the games.

Skillwise Kyo aint the best, while Terry is always one of the top of SNK ranking without talking about Orochi and guys like that. Terry and Ryo that is.

"Ryu'd accidentally put him in a coma."

He put who in a coma? Ken?

Juntai
Ken and Ryu are considered exact equals, but Ryu fights harder... Terry invents moves to beat people, like he did to the god of war in the second Fatal Fury animated movie...needless to say the power Terry and the god showed in that anime .. . neither are on the level of current Ryu or Ken or Akuma, as impressive as it sounds killing a god.

olympian
"needless to say the power Terry and the god showed in that anime .. . neither are on the level of current Ryu or Ken or Akuma, as impressive as it sounds killing a god."

Woulnt that means current Terry its on another level also, since he doesnt even looks like he was in the movie anymore.

Cannon and gamewise only, Terry is on a level with Ryu in my pov.

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
"needless to say the power Terry and the god showed in that anime .. . neither are on the level of current Ryu or Ken or Akuma, as impressive as it sounds killing a god."

Woulnt that means current Terry its on another level also, since he doesnt even looks like he was in the movie anymore.

Cannon and gamewise only, Terry is on a level with Ryu in my pov. I was using that as base since it seemed to be the consensus that "Terry beat a freaking god!" Oblivious to the fact that the energy wave attack he used in that movie is nowhere near the level Ryu is at.

What do you mean Terry doesn't look the same?
How about a scan of the latest King of Fighters?
He looks the same to me.

Drunk-of-Fury
IF U KILL A GOD -- U BECOME A GOD

TERRY IS GOD!!!...........AND KEN IS NOT.
TERRY COULD JUST POKE HIM TO DUST......AND THEN FART ON HIM.

SUCK IT KEN!!!

AND ryu... is a ONLY A FART in the wind (swedish expression for "weak as HELL"wink

ImmortalOne
I like the mark of the wolf uniform better........... it gives him that Thor look.............. AND YEAH, TERRY BEATED THE SHIT OUTTA A GOD !!!

Drunk-of-Fury
and there is no "EVIL KEN" only normal ken,it was Bison who turned him EVIL in the Street Fighter 2 the Animated Movie the same way they created Blanka.

But Terry Beats them Both to planet pluto where they freeze to Death
(haha)

Drunk-of-Fury
EVIL KEN Would even lose to Drunk Terry.(Drunken Fury)=Full Rage-in Swedish and then translated to english!

-want a drink? hick!
-rooooooooooar!
-I take that as a No...

ImmortalOne
Dude, did you just joined KMC with that nickname just cuz this thread ??

Drunk-of-Fury
NO just a very funny name!!!!!!!!!!

jinzin
Originally posted by brainchild81
Didn't his girlfriend help him though?

no she helped him defeat a guy who was wearing the armor of that same god... when he fought the REAL god of mars he kicked the crap out of it all on his own...

olympian
"What do you mean Terry doesn't look the same?
How about a scan of the latest King of Fighters?
He looks the same to me"

Because cannon wise he had changes, visual design included, since the last Fatal Fury installment. On Kof, everyone its at theyr classic levels. That is why Ryo looks about the same age as Terry but in the real storyline hes at least 10 years older.

And the latest KoF its "King of Figthers XI" IIRC.

P-Geyser
Flagship doesn't equal victory. Isn't Kyo the SNK main man nowadays? I don't think Terry's won anything since he showed up. Ken'd beat Terry down and burn him to a crisp.
I hated that movie. Didn't his girlfriend help him though? H2H, Ken totally outclasses Terry. Ken has yet to fight at full potential and he still beats most people. They'd both beat him. Ken'd KO him. Ryu'd accidentally put him in a coma. Ryu would beat the living Hell outta Terry.

In your opinion....and HELL F**ING NO!

P-Geyser
Thank you Drunk Of Fury and Olympian. People who in actual fact no who the character of Terry Bogard is. I hate it when people talk down on him for ridiculous dumba$$ reasons.

On the Kyo winning and beating Orochi deal, he needed Chizuru and Yagami's HELP in taking out Orochi cause ofcourse you would know Orochi's weakness is too Kusanagi's and Yagami's flames. Kyo did not do it by himself.

And speaking on Terry needing Sulia's help thats funny I reacll Ryu getting humilated by Bison until Ken came in to help out. It took both Ken and Ryu to beat Bison.

jinzin
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Thank you Drunk Of Fury and Olympian. People who in actual fact no who the character of Terry Bogard is. I hate it when people talk down on him for ridiculous dumba$$ reasons.

On the Kyo winning and beating Orochi deal, he needed Chizuru and Yagami's HELP in taking out Orochi cause ofcourse you would know Orochi's weakness is too Kusanagi's and Yagami's flames. Kyo did not do it by himself.

And speaking on Terry needing Sulia's help thats funny I reacll Ryu getting humilated by Bison until Ken came in to help out. It took both Ken and Ryu to beat Bison.

and bison to lower himself down to their levels.

brainchild81

No. He was the flagship to "King of Figthers" game where the storyline was about his rivality with Iori. Now is another. Terry is the main man of snk, not just one of the games.Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Kyo's the main man mane in the SNK VS. Capcom games too. Terry's not even the main Fatal Fury guy anymore. Rock is. Terry's a has-been. Period.

"Ryu'd accidentally put him in a coma."

He put who in a coma? Ken? I'll simplify it for you. Ryu would accidentally put Terry Bogard into a comatose state.Originally posted by jinzin
no she helped him defeat a guy who was wearing the armor of that same god... when he fought the REAL god of mars he kicked the crap out of it all on his own... Wasn't he still all hopped up on girlfriend juice though?

King KAM
Terry, period end of story....SNK owns you beezies!

Drunk-of-Fury

olympian
" Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Kyo's the main man mane in the SNK VS. Capcom games too. Terry's not even the main Fatal Fury guy anymore. Rock is. Terry's a has-been. Period. "

You mean the same way Alex is the main men in the new SF cannon? Who was the last champion eh.

Main character its the one with more importance/rep inside each universe. Thats Ryu and Terry/Ryo.

"I'll simplify it for you. Ryu would accidentally put Terry Bogard into a comatose state."

Ill simplify even more. Ryu aint that good.

olympian
Edit:

"The flagship character its the one with more importance/rep inside each universe. Thats Ryu and Terry/Ryo."

O.D Geist
first off kyo is the main character of KoF (king of fighters) terry is the main guy of FF (fatal fury)

next do u really think ken can fight terry, besides fighting a god lets look at their track record.

ken first
(movie)t.hawk,powered down bison, and a none fighting back ryu

terry now
andy,Geese,krauser,jammin,Sulia's brother and finally the god of mars

do u see the differents in enemys they fight and power lvls. ken struggles to do fireballs when u got terry doing powerwaves with easy. for god sake he took out the the krauser wave and his muice thing in the back, blow for blow with krauser.

sorry ppl when it comes to SnK characters vs capcom characters it isnt really a fight not unless u put some 1 like demitri versus wipe. if u play both companies games just look at what capcom characters do and the SnK characters do

Terry all the way

jrodslam
^ Agreed.

Drunk-of-Fury

Juntai
Ken doesn't struggle to do fireballs......

and you're completely disregauding what happened in the rest of the street fighter story..

When Ryu stalemated Akuma for example, and both of them were creating levels of energy that FAR outmatched any Terry did in either of his movies... it was dragonball style battle...and Akuma had said it was the closest he'd ever been to being defeated, then punched the ground and sank an island and dissapeared.

O.D Geist
Originally posted by Juntai
Ken doesn't struggle to do fireballs......

and you're completely disregauding what happened in the rest of the street fighter story..

When Ryu stalemated Akuma for example, and both of them were creating levels of energy that FAR outmatched any Terry did in either of his movies... it was dragonball style battle...and Akuma had said it was the closest he'd ever been to being defeated, then punched the ground and sank an island and dissapeared.

when ryu and ken was doing the fireballs in the movie how long it took them haaaaaaduken compared to powerwave instant.

u talking bout the alpha mini series that joint makes ken look even worst, how chun lie lasted longer than ken did versus that robot doctor guy who want the power ryu and his little brother had wooooooo, and u saying that gouki (akuma) and ryu battle was on a higher lvl than terry vs the god of mars
lmfao woooo u are the man u are a straight capcom hick.

man terry was drunk and took out axel hawk the heavy weight boxing champ with no special moves but ken fought t.hawk and had to do a move on him i believe it was the shoryuken hmmmmm

Juntai
Originally posted by O.D Geist
when ryu and ken was doing the fireballs in the movie how long it took them haaaaaaduken compared to powerwave instant.

u talking bout the alpha mini series that joint makes ken look even worst, how chun lie lasted longer than ken did versus that robot doctor guy who want the power ryu and his little brother had wooooooo, and u saying that gouki (akuma) and ryu battle was on a higher lvl than terry vs the god of mars

man terry was drunk and took out axel hawk the heavy weight boxing champ with no special moves but ken fought t.hawk and had to do a move on him i believe it was the shoryuken hmmmmm Ryu=Akuma. And pretty much everyone on Capcom vs SNK 2 that saw Akuma was horrified by his awesome power.

Are you saying you think Terry could take Akuma?
Akuma sank an island with a punch, Terry fighting Mars didnt even destroy the castle.

O.D Geist
Originally posted by Juntai
Ryu=Akuma. And pretty much everyone on Capcom vs SNK 2 that saw Akuma was horrified by his awesome power.

Are you saying you think Terry could take Akuma?
Akuma sank an island with a punch, Terry fighting Mars didnt even destroy the castle.

i didnt see akuma sink an island in the anime could u tell me which anime was it i to both series and the movie and i never seen that, if u are talking bout his ending in street fighter 3 second impact he did sink the island he crazy the mountain in half that is why he got the move in third strike. and the thing bout terry taking on akuma yes he can. did u see what mars was doing a freezer (from dbz) beam shot a lazer shot across the ground and it blew up after and to make matter worst after terry's battle with mars the island was ko.

if u want to pull things out of the game look at their moves man, ken been does the same 3 damn moves for like 10 years terry inproves him self all the time new moves new supers come on terry's burnknuckle takes out fireballs (movie 2 krauser bliztsball). sorry like i said before play both compaines games and u shall see the truth man. capcom cant
keep up with SnK characters

olympian
Game storyline its not the same thing as the movies.

brainchild81
Originally posted by O.D Geist

man terry was drunk and took out axel hawk the heavy weight boxing champ with no special moves but ken fought t.hawk and had to do a move on him i believe it was the shoryuken hmmmmm No need for childish name calling. Calling him a "Capcom hick" just makes you seem like an immature SNK fanboy, no offense. Ken wasn't even in the mood to fight anybody. T.Hawk forced Ken to defend himself and look what happened. Ken did the dragon punch because that's his "one hitta quitta". Usually when he wants to end a fight quickly, he'll utilize it. And that was a normal one. Nowadays he'd use it to burn Terry to an unconscious crisp.Originally posted by olympian
You mean the same way Alex is the main men in the new SF cannon? Who was the last champion eh.

Main character its the one with more importance/rep inside each universe. Thats Ryu and Terry/Ryo. Alex is the main guy? That's comedy. How come he hasn't been in any of the cross companies fighting games yet? If he does make it into the game, you honestly think he'll be the main guy for Capcom? Come on now. Don't be crazy. Ryu being Capcom's main man isn't even a debatable matter. Everybody knows it. Seriously, logic dictates that you'd put your main character @ the forefront of a crossover. Capcom put up Ryu. SNK put up Kyo(Not Terry/Ryo). Kyo's been pretty much runnin' things since he and Iori showed up and Terry was removed from the spotlight. No matter how much you like him, Terry's a 2nd-stringer now. Deal with it. I got the SNK vs. Capcom comic. Kyo and Ryu are the main guys and having good showings. Terry gets the living s**t beat outta him by O.Iori and gets put through a window. Then Vega is ordered to save his broken a$$. Don't let character appreciation cloud your judgement. I like Ken more than Ryu, but I'm not gonna pretend that Ken's the main Capcom guy. The guy knocked out in the pic is Terry. If it wasn't for Vega, Terry'd be street pizza. Vega is Terry's personal savior laughing

P-Geyser
Immature fan boy huh?.... well you seem like one yourself. First off Rock Howard is a snot nosed punk Terry took in. He dosent have any original moves but needing BOTH Terry and Geese's embarrasment yet he has been the star in ONLY ONE GAME how long has Terry been the star? case closed.

You also go to mention Kyo leading for SNK well real hardcore gamers know that Terry is matched with Ryu not Kyo.. only newbies think that Kyo is the sh!t which in actually fact he is not.

Ken burning Terry to a crisp...can I ask you what kind of blunts are you smoking? Terry would not be stupid enough to get caught by that and Ryu putting Terry in a comatose is one of the most laughable things I have ever heard. Terry is far better and original than mister unwashed Gi. I am sorry but in the end Ken would be eating a Buster Wolf.

You also would use something foolish as SNK vs Capcom well there has been a plenty of KOF comics and one I recall in paticular your house boy Kyo lost his chickenshit flames and had to rely on skill....what happened? he lost to MAI of all people. Kyo and Iori are butt buddies for all we know.

Let this also sink into your brain The reason why Kyo got over was beacuse of Terry and Ryo appeared in KOF along with other FF and AOF characters....if they were not there I guarantee Kyo and Iori and the Flamethrowing eggheads would not amount to SH!T by this they choose Kyo as their flagship character which was a bad move on SNK's part.

Speaking of which Terry was the frontman in the SvC card fighter series and Ryu was the head for Capcom ofcourse meaning that Kyo is not SNK's best character or he would have been there instead of Terry. I can say dont let character appreciation cloud your judgment cause Rock is a carbon copy and Kyo and Iori needed Terry's and Ryo's help to look good in KOF without them they are just hasbeens from Osaka.

You also yip yap how Kyo is the main deal well as I recall Ash is the main deal in KOF now and making Kyo second fiddle and KOF MI comics and games Alba is the head man not Kyo and In the manga Alba hands Kyo his ass. Nuff said.

brainchild81
laughingIs Terry your cousin or something? You're taking this way too seriously. Sad, Card fighting is a step up for Terry nowadayssad
*SNK board meeting*
Board member A:What should we do with Terry Bogard? Should we kill him off?
Board member B:No. Don't wanna alienate his fans. Give the dog a bone. Make him the main character of one of our less important games so his long time fans have something to be happy about.
A:How about card fighters?
B:Yeah. That'll do.
A: What'll we do w/him in the SVC: Chaos comic?
B: Let's have Iori kick his @$$ and almost kill him by putting him through a window. We can have somebody evil save him though. Maybe Vega
A: Maybe we should Have him be our main guy and fight Ryu. That'll please people who're mad about him not being the main guy in the games anymore.
B: Are you serious!?! This is RYU were talkin' about here. The original fighting game hero. We need somebody that new fans might like.
A:What about Terry's fans?
B:What about them. They already got card fighters. They should be happy we don't have Iori kill his @$$. He's expendable now.
A:But his fans might be really pissed about Terry not being important anymore
B:Then maybe they should grow up and realize these are fictional characters and not their own family members.

The new SNK games are where they try to build up new SNK charcters. Crossovers are where the vets square off. If Kyo was playing 2nd fiddle, Terry was probably playing 3rd or 4thlaughing Kyo is still SNKs guy when they wanna compare the company to another.Terry & Ryo helped Kyo and Iori look good? You may be partially right on this one. If you put a has-been(Terry, he was a soon-to-be has been back then) and an outright shameless ripoff(Ryo) next to 2 new characters of course the new guys are gonna look good. Look what you're comparing them to.laughing Alba kicked Kyo's ass? I wouldn't mind seeing this manga. What was Terry doing at the time? Probably off somewhere doing something nobody cares about. laughing Do you actually dislike Kyo and Iori or are you just childishly bashing them because they upstaged T.Bogard?

Avalonofthewind
laughingIs Terry your cousin or something? You're taking this way too seriously. Sad, Card fighting is a step up for Terry nowadayssad
*SNK board meeting*
Board member A:What should we do with Terry Bogard? Should we kill him off?
Board member B:No. Don't wanna alienate his fans. Give the dog a bone. Make him the main character of one of our less important games so his long time fans have something to be happy about.
A:How about card fighters?
B:Yeah. That'll do.
A: What'll we do w/him in the SVC: Chaos comic?
B: Let's have Iori kick his @$$ and almost kill him by putting him through a window. We can have somebody evil save him though. Maybe Vega
A: Maybe we should Have him be our main guy and fight Ryu. That'll please people who're mad about him not being the main guy in the games anymore.
B: Are you serious!?! This is RYU were talkin' about here. The original fighting game hero. We need somebody that new fans might like.
A:What about Terry's fans?
B:What about them. They already got card fighters. They should be happy we don't have Iori kill his @$$. He's expendable now.
A:But his fans might be really pissed about Terry not being important anymore
B:Then maybe they should grow up and realize these are fictional characters and not their own family members.

The new SNK games are where they try to build up new SNK charcters. Crossovers are where the vets square off. If Kyo was playing 2nd fiddle, Terry was probably playing 3rd or 4thlaughing Kyo is still SNKs guy when they wanna compare the company to another.Terry & Ryo helped Kyo and Iori look good? You may be partially right on this one. If you put a has-been(Terry, he was a soon-to-be has been back then) and an outright shameless ripoff(Ryo) next to 2 new characters of course the new guys are gonna look good. Look what you're comparing them to.laughing Alba kicked Kyo's ass? I wouldn't mind seeing this manga. What was Terry doing at the time? Probably off somewhere doing something nobody cares about. laughing Do you actually dislike Kyo and Iori or are you just childishly bashing them because they upstaged T.Bogard?

Going by Capcom vs Snk then Rugal is stronger than Akuma?
Kyo has lost a lot of his power and prestige in SNK storyline.
While I hate card games, the card games have higher stats for Terry than for Kyo.

peejayd
* normal sparring fight... though Terry would win, Ken will give him a hard time...

olympian
"Alex is the main guy? That's comedy"

No it actually isent. He is cannon wise inside the SF universe the new Champion as we all saw in SF3.

"Come on now. Don't be crazy. Ryu being Capcom's main man isn't even a debatable matter"

Read what i am saying again. More profiled character its still Ryu.

"Seriously, logic dictates that you'd put your main character @ the forefront of a crossover"

SNk logic its to put the main character of the current storyline inside the KOF game. Thats popularity, not revelance and importance. Capcom main gun its other ballgame. He is both the most popular and important.

In case of Kyo its a popularity that wont last. He is not even in the main storyline now.

"Deal with it. I got the SNK vs. Capcom comic. Kyo and Ryu are the main guys and having good showings."

Yes the svc manga. The one where KOF Ryo beats Ryu right?

Manga and animated movies arent cannon. If you want a cannon storyline for both universes go to the official sites and check the game faq/history.

Either way we can all accept everyone beating on everyone, including Dan being trained by Akuma.

Drunk-of-Fury
Terry's not even the main Fatal Fury guy anymore. Rock is. Terry's a has-been. Period. "

Rock Howard is no Fatal Fury Character and Terry has always been Star in FF games!!!

olympian
Edit:

No it actually isent. He is cannon wise inside the SF universe the new star (and being the one that reached the finals) as we all saw in SF3.

P-Geyser
"Is Terry your cousin or something? You're taking this way too seriously"

Thats funny is Rock a relative of yours?...get real embarrasment

"Sad, Card fighting is a step up for Terry nowadays"

Did I say that Polooka? I stated... ok you can read now ok here it goes..Kyo it would seem is not always considered the main man of SNK

*SNK board meeting*

Wow you are so funny HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh man thats funny kind of how Rock is unoriginal and had to get the moves of Terry and Geese to be somewhat of a proper hero....somewhat. Once again you keep putting your foot in your mouth on the SvC Manga where is in the KOF manga's Kyo cant put up a struggle unless he has his chickenshit flames and Iori cant even survive without his by the way just so you know HK comics are garbage.

"Alba kicked Kyo's ass? I wouldn't mind seeing this manga. What was Terry doing at the time? Probably off somewhere doing"

Actually Terry was with Alba in defeating Duke where as Kyo and Iori were off doing what ever it is they are doing... I have a manga and I cherish it where Terry bitchslaps Kyo all around and after Kyo cries like
the ***** he is.

"Kyo is still SNKs guy when they wanna compare the company to another.Terry & Ryo helped Kyo and Iori look good? You may be partially right on this one. If you put a has-been(Terry, he was a soon-to-be has been back then) and an outright shameless ripoff(Ryo) next to 2 new characters of course the new guys are gonna look good"

No I AM right. Kyo and Iori would just be looked upon as another Shoto Ripoff's and if Terry and Ryo were not in KOF, Kyo and Iori would look funnier than Clinton telling us he did not have those sexual relations. The real "KOF" was in FF Special were Ryo went against Terry in a dreamatch than it spawned the idea of having these two games come together oh I sorry your part of the Playmore deal not the OG SNK.

"Do you actually dislike Kyo and Iori or are you just childishly bashing them because they upstaged T.Bogard?"

Another funny one seeing how childish you seem to behave. No I hate them cause there is nothing special about them and they get hyped when in actual fact there is nothing there. As I had said before only noobs really think Kyo and Iori and Rock are the deal where as real hardcore SNK fans no that TERRY BOGARD IS!

50YEN
"First off Rock Howard is a snot nosed punk Terry took in. He dosent have any original moves but needing BOTH Terry and Geese's embarrasment yet he has been the star in ONLY ONE GAME how long has Terry been the star? case closed.

First, Rock is not a snot nosed punk which Terry just happened to take in out of pity or whatever which you happen to impy. Second, Rock has Geese's and Terry's moves because they are after all the 2 MOST important influences in his life and his fusion style is a result of that. Dude dont you pay attention to the story?? You call yourself a Garou Densetsu fan?? You should be ashamed. Also Just because Rock has only been the star in one game doesn't mean he's weak. Infact Rock has been shown to even have more potential than Terry and will most likely be stronger than him in the future. Most of all tho your statement doesn't support your argument at all.

"You also go to mention Kyo leading for SNK well real hardcore gamers know that Terry is matched with Ryu not Kyo.. only newbies think that Kyo is the sh!t which in actually fact he is not.

Kyo IS the MAIN Character of the SNK universe. And I know MANY Hardcore gamers all over the world who'd agree with me because it's a FACT. \ Look at how many Kyo and Iori merchandises there are and compare them to Terry and Ryo's...

There is a HUGE difference. Kyo and Iori have more merchandise than any of the other male characters in the entire SNK franchise. And we should all know that it is very hard for male characters to get products unless they are either insanely popular or they are the Characters they are trying to push (which are usually the main characters. Also it has been implied MANY times by SNK games and Official CD dramas that Kyo is the strongest as well. Even in NESTs storyline Kyo played a very crucial role even tho he was not the focus character in the storyline.

Also, Being Harcore does not mean how long you've been in the hobby but rather how much Love and Passion you have for the characters and the series.

"Ken burning Terry to a crisp...can I ask you what kind of blunts are you smoking? Terry would not be stupid enough to get caught by that and Ryu putting Terry in a comatose is one of the most laughable things I have ever heard. Terry is far better and original than mister unwashed Gi. I am sorry but in the end Ken would be eating a Buster Wolf.

I dont think Ken can beat Terry either but I will say Terry would lose to Ryu. Ryu is just insanely powerful and altho Terry would put up a very good fight he would most likely lose to Ryu in the end.

"You also would use something foolish as SNK vs Capcom well there has been a plenty of KOF comics and one I recall in paticular your house boy Kyo lost his chickenshit flames and had to rely on skill....what happened? he lost to MAI of all people.

LOL. First off most fan arguments for this topic usually only use games for the argument but whatever. If you also recall in the comic, Kyo was depressed and was going through a lot of emotional stress and turmoil. He lost his flames because he felt he had no reason to fight. And he was beaten because of this by lower tier characters. However you also noticed when Kyo got his flames back that he was more powerful than ever with new determination and resolve he was even stronger than before!

Also if you remember Terry lost his will to fight in GD movie 2 when he lost to Krauser and he just became a lousy washout drunk...

I'd say that your Kyo "lost flames" statement is no different than Terry's situation in GD2 and furthermore contradict you.

"Kyo and Iori are butt buddies for all we know.

WOW, how old are you? 10? Does that mean Terry and Andy are butt budies too?? They do seem rather "close" if ya know what I mean..

this is not a basis for an argument here. -_^

"Let this also sink into your brain The reason why Kyo got over was beacuse of Terry and Ryo appeared in KOF along with other FF and AOF characters....if they were not there I guarantee Kyo and Iori and the Flamethrowing eggheads would not amount to SH!T

Actually Kyo was created for the sole reason of having a main character for the KOF universe which consists of RNK and GD (AOF and FF) And he was created with the intention of being a character that can exchange blows with stars like Terry and Ryo.

Also, Kyo and Iori's popularity was earned on their own. I dont ever recall Terry or Ryo in any major SNK marketing campaign that was trying to push KOF infact, Only Kyo and Iori were ever on artwork alone that was used for advertisement until '99.

"by this they choose Kyo as their flagship character which was a bad move on SNK's part.

Why? Because you dont like him?? If you didn't already know your opinion is not the word of god. Everyone is entitled to like whatever they like and judging from the TONS of Merchandise of Kyo and Iori that KEEP COMING out and the TOTAL LACK OF Terry or Ryo merchandise I'd say Kyo and Iori are doing quite well without your support and are making SNK tons of $$$$$ which Terry and Ryo have not been.. In other words Kyo has TONS of fans, which I can bet are lSignifacantly arger in number to Terry's

"Speaking of which Terry was the frontman in the SvC card fighter series and Ryu was the head for Capcom ofcourse meaning that Kyo is not SNK's best character or he would have been there instead of Terry.

LOL Doesn't mean anything. That game came out 5 yrs ago and they still very prominently feature Kyo and Iori on way more merchadises and games since then. Also, if you notice that SNK battle and Capcom battle have all the characters listed in the order of when they came out whihc is why all the Garou characters are listed and then AOF and so on. Kyo is still SNK flagship charcter if you are just basing it on who gets more attention -_^ Just look at CVS and SVC I'd say they definetly focus on Kyo more.

"I can say dont let character appreciation cloud your judgment cause Rock is a carbon copy and Kyo and Iori needed Terry's and Ryo's help to look good in KOF without them they are just hasbeens from Osaka.

Rock is NOT a carbon copy and is a great character with and really great story. And as I've posted before Kyo and Iori dont need Terry or Ryo to sell them they sell GREAT just look at the stuff that's available and the Openings on KOF games. Do you even pay attention to any of this??? Obviously all you care about SNK is Terry. You call yourself a Garou Densetsu fan and you cant even appreciate the story or other characters in the SNK universe. And last I saw in KOF2K3 ending Kyo and Iori are getting much more important again in the story. I didn't see Terry or Ryo doing anything..

"You also yip yap how Kyo is the main deal well as I recall Ash is the main deal in KOF now and making Kyo second fiddle

LOL Just because ASH is the main focus of the current storyline does not mean Kyo is not important Last I saw he's WAY MORE important than Terry or Ryo has been for the past decade.

"and KOF MI comics and games Alba is the head man not Kyo and In the manga Alba hands Kyo his ass.

Even if what you say is true, Alba may have beaten Kyo the first round but the rematch will be Very different. Have you seen the new clips of MI2? Yeah did you also Notice that Kyo is the MAIN character in the upcoming KOF anime "Another day"??? which is based on Maximum Impact 2. Did you also Kyo is getting a New design and lots of upcoming screentime and not only that but he actually will go toe to toe with Alba (Who is the "bad guy"wink in the anime? What's Terry doing?? From the looks of things he seems like only a secondary character doing nothing important like he has been like for past 8 yrs. Isn't he supposed to be The most powerful?? Why has he just been sitting around doing nothing but sidestories?? I bet you cant come up with a reasonable argument for that since you are obviously BLINDED by your Love for Terry and cant seem to accept that things change. Too Bad.

""Nuff said."

Is this your poor closure to your argument??

P-Geyser
Ok first off you need to get off your high horse. I never said anything about Rock being weak. I already know the story to MOTW'S and it is diffrent from FF connected but Different. Potentinal?....maybe somehwhere along the line but since you seem to come in here acting holier than thou, I guess Shingo has the potentinal to pass Kyo huh? what are you trying to proove.

Well the hardcore gamers I know and speak to think otherwise. Alot of the SNK sites think that Terry and Ryu would make a better matchup than Ryu vs Kyo. Since you seem to say that Kyo and Iori are selling merchadise where would that be....I know for a fact most of their merchandise is selling alot in Japan and in HK. Yes I will admit Kyo and Iori sell the most becaue they are the most hyped and Kyo being the strongest is really doubtful.

I disagree about the Terry and Ryu matchup. I think it would go either way with Ryu winning one time and Terry may win the next. You come trying to attack me but I see you let other comments slip by

I hate the HK comics. Yes I recall that Terry became Drunk you are right. Though still if Kyo is so godly he should have been able to beat Mai without needing his flames. I bet you havent noticed but in the comics Kyo is so highly dependant on his flames. Terry fights and continues to do with his skills that were developed from his own hard training so right back at ya.

Terry and Andy are close yes...hey they are brothers and brothers for the most part are suppose to have strong ties. Iori is always looking and trying to go after Kyo happy now?

I know the reason behind Kyo and Iori being invented it's on playmores site for christ sakes! You happen to leave something out KOF 94 had The Fatal Fury and Japan team on the cover and if you look at the button commands, it shows Terry and Ryo. Kyo would not have had the star status had it not been for FF,AOF,IK,PS characters appear in KOF...sorry to disagree but it would not happen.

And is your opinion the word of GOD?!...really is your opinion the word of the almighty. I never said for anyone to agree with me. I dont go around telling people what I say is right as some other people on this board. How many times are you going to keep babling on about the merchandise? From where I am and other places I dont see that many Kyo fans around. I see more Terry fans. There are more Iori fans so you dont have to open your mouth about that.

As odd as it is I see more Ash fans than Kyo fans just by looking at plenty of fan fics. KOF to me is not the same anymore it's just a bunch of bunk The Kyo and Iori and Orochi deal is getting tiring.

Blind love for Terry? get off your ****ing high horse seriously. Terry is my favorite SNK character and I like other characters as well but you want to come in here taking shots at me for defending him to another poster saying ridiculos and stupid things and Hello old news everyone knows about KOF anime and to be honset not sure if it's going to do well. Also the reason why Terry and Ryo are constantly shadowed is playmore's doing I admit it...it makes me want the old SNK...they rely too damn much of KOF.

"Is this your poor closure to your argument??"

Mr analytical oh boy.

brainchild81

olympian
One suggestion. When you try to give links about characters, get the official sources.

Dark_Lantern
Terry's burning knuckles pierce a hole in Ken's chest

brainchild81
One suggestion. When you try to give links about characters, get the official sources. Will the official source tell me who SNKs main character is?

olympian
If there is "someone" who tells how good or bad they characters are rated and theyr story, its the official sources. The story of the game (s) its what matters after all.

O.D Geist
ok first off guyz u are going the wrong way with this,

1) kyo is the main guy in kof {king of fighters} and and since 99 he lost that postion to K because of the nest story, now that the orochi (i think i spelled it wrong) story is back in 2003 kyo & iori are the main loop with the new guy ash,terry is the main guy from FF {fatal fury}
2)brainchild81 u are right i shouldnt of called him an crapcom hick, but ppl only get that title when they are looking at it from one side capcom side. that is the problem most of the time specially when it come to SnK.
all because it is not as mainstream as capcom ppl off the back say that their characters are done or they will get finish. do this play alpha 2 with ken and than play real bout special with terry, tell me who is more powerfull.
3)rock isnt no snot noise brat he is the son of Geese howard and he has way more potentinal than his own father and Geese as we all know was no joke. Rock might have the orochi riot in him cause he has purple flames just like iori but it hasnt been confirm yet
4) someone ask i dont remeber is i think terry can take on akuma and i said yea. i tell u this right now i think terry will murder him cause if u play alpha 2 with ryu, ryu tell akuma i hope u gotten better than the last time and alpha is when they are younger like teenagers and ryu son's him gwwhahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha woooooooo all i am saying terry lets the red tear come down it is a wrap.
5) like i said in my other post just look at who terry and kyo and the rest of the good guyz fight, they fight ppl like Geese, krauser, who are on the lvl of akuma and bison but than u also got ppl like Rugal and there is no 1 in capcom world on his lvl it is bad enough they had to tone him down big time just for him to be in the game in capcom vs SnK matter a fact they toned down almost everyone from SnK.

i be back to post more dont want to post to much

brainchild81
If there is "someone" who tells how good or bad they characters are rated and theyr story, its the official sources. The story of the game (s) its what matters after all. Wow! That really didn't answer my question @ all. Thanks. smile You got any helpful links?

Creshosk
Hero team for KOF2003
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/english/story/t-story_hero.html
Kyo has been put in another team "3 Sacred treasures"
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/english/story/t-story_jingi.html

Ash is featured most prominently for this game:
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof2003/english/index.html

KOF Maximum impact:
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof/index.html
Alba and Soiree seem to be featured more prominently
The 2p version of Terry is from mark of the wolves:
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof/character/terry2p.html

P-Geyser

jinzin
ken gets thrashed by vega.. IMO MARS GOD OF WAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vega...

terry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mars.... hmmmmmmmmm

jrodslam
Originally posted by jinzin
ken gets thrashed by vega.. IMO MARS GOD OF WAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vega...

terry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mars.... hmmmmmmmmm

Basically.

50YEN
Ok first off you need to get off your high horse.

I'm not on a High horse just a confident fan who knows what he's talking about.

I never said anything about Rock being weak.

LOL. Calling him a snot nosed brat and saying he cant do anything but ripoff moves of Terry and Geese to do anything because he cant do anything on his own is implying it greatly.

I already know the story to MOTW'S and it is diffrent from FF connected but Different.

Define "different". Altho the timeline has been altered a bit to keep the characters younger, GD and MOTW are stilll very much the same universe.

Potentinal?....maybe somehwhere along the line but since you seem to come in here acting holier than thou, I guess Shingo has the potentinal to pass Kyo huh?

Well Rock has the whole Garou story revolving around him as of MOTW (which is the latest GD game) and seeing as he's the primary main character and how much they go on about his potential and his legacy being Geese's son and all. I'd say it's pretty safe to say that he will definetly surpass Terry in the future. This is how stories of legends are born after all. Terry whether you like it or not has become the Mentor and father figure to Rock. I would think that Terry would be very Happy and proud to see Rock surpass him seeing as they pretty much have a father and son relationship. And Fathers (in most cases) always want to see their sons surpass them.

As for Shingo, I'm certain he will become stronger but seeing as he doesn't have the Advanced Blood of Kusanagi, It will be a very tough path for him to surpass Kyo. I dont think Shingo will surpass Kyo but I will definetly say that Shingo is a Tough bastard and has a Lot of heart and Passion for fighting and that my friend takes you a long way. Also, You should know that Kyo and Shingo's relationship is different than that of Terry and Rock. First off Kyo and Shingo's ages are not that differnt but Terry could technically be Rock's Big Big Brother. Kyo and Shingo are more like school buddies. Shingo being the admirer of Kyo because of his status as KOF and being world famous for his feats. Terry and Rock on the other hand are more like I said, Father and son. Terry feels responsible for Rock and takes care of him as he would his own son. So yeah I'd say their relationships are very different and being that, it will effect the outcome of things to come in the future for the characters.

what are you trying to proove.

LOL Not much. Except that it's all over the games and Merchandise that Kyo is SNK's flagship character and quite possibly the Most Powerful of SNK's Heroes as well.

Well the hardcore gamers I know and speak to think otherwise. Alot of the SNK sites think that Terry and Ryu would make a better matchup than Ryu vs Kyo.

LOL. I think Ryu and Terry are a great matchup. Being as they both have the same gimmick of humble fighters who search all over the world for tough opponents and journey for enlightenment. But I also think that Kyo and Ryu are a great matchup as well even tho their gimmicks are totally different. Which matchup you like more is depending on the person but when it comes to official, SNK and Capcom are putting their 2 Top guys face to face and those 2 guys would be Kyo and Ryu whether you like it or not.

Since you seem to say that Kyo and Iori are selling merchadise where would that be.... I know for a fact most of their merchandise is selling alot in Japan and in HK.

It sells everywhere my friend. If there are SNK fans, it will sell. I know this because I am an Anime goods dealer myself LOL I dont know where you get your info from but you must talk to only the Terry fandom because if you go all over the world to cons and tourneys you'd see that Kyo is Extremely Popular And considering Kyo has all the girl fans as well, I'd say Terry is beat pretty hard in the Popularity department.

Yes I will admit Kyo and Iori sell the most becaue they are the most hyped

In other words they are more popular than the characters you like so that means they are "hyped"

yeeeeah gotcha LOL

and Kyo being the strongest is really doubtful.

I'd like to see any Terry fan debate this. It's ALL OVER the Games and even if you count Anime and manga Kyo still comes out on top. Face it Kyo is the star of KOF in general. Even if they switch the focus character each trilogy. It is still HEAVILY implied that Kyo is potentially the Strongest and most revered. Again you're just mad because your Favorite Character is NOT the Most popular and NOT the Strongest. But facts are facts and if you cant accept that then you just come off like you're some angry spiteful fan.

I disagree about the Terry and Ryu matchup. I think it would go either way with Ryu winning one time and Terry may win the next. You come trying to attack me but I see you let other comments slip by

LOL I didn't let any comments slip by. I will tell you this. Ryu is the Definitive fighting game hero. What he stands for surpasses that of any other main character in all fighting games. If there was a Superman in Fighting games it'd be him without a doubt. Like Superman is to Superheroes Ryu is the Fighting game heroes. He is even up there with Rockman as the Capcom Flagship. He is the Most recognizable Fighting game hero in the world. I think Terry would put up a good fight but Ryu is Ryu, He will win. He has fought and beat guys who are tougher than Terry. His Power levels in the game story, anime and mangas are insane. and even if you bring up GD movie 3 where Terry beats the Armor of Mars I'd say that all the the other Ryu stories out there would put him on top (Check out Ryu Final) Again, Terry would give him a good fight and if they were just having a friendly match Terry could win a round or two but both of them at their Best? Taking it to the limits? Although it's fairly debatable I'd have to say Ryu would definetely be the victor.

I hate the HK comics.

Many ppl do. I think they are fun and Andy Seto is a very good artist.

Yes I recall that Terry became Drunk you are right. Though still if Kyo is so godly he should have been able to beat Mai without needing his flames.

You kinda forgot the part where Kyo lost his fighting spirt. Just like you know Joe Knocked Terry on his ass in GDMovie 2 when he was a drunk?? When there is no will to fight, there is no way for either of them to win. This is a bad example to use.

I bet you havent noticed but in the comics Kyo is so highly dependant on his flames. Terry fights and continues to do with his skills that were developed from his own hard training so right back at ya.

Kyo uses his flames because those are the techniques he knows and most effective in. The Kusanagi Ryuu techniques are heavily flame based totally taking the full use of the flames which are exclusive to the family. In other words it's his fighting style. Just like Terry uses Buster wolf, Burn Knuckle, Power wave and Power Geyser. Kyo uses his flames. It's all about transmitting one's Ki to unleash Physical Energy, As Kyo is part of an advanced Bloodline he has a special Ki which takes the form of Crimson flames.

Also, hard training doesn't necessarily make you the better fighter. There are guys who train much longer and harder who lose to the guys who's trained less but are more talented and gifted. It's obvious that Kyo is more of a genius than Terry is when it comes to fighting being as he's significantly younger than Terry and can fight at the same level if not higher. There are ppl who take longer to learn things and there are people who can pick things up just like that. This gives you a good idea how high one's potential is. Kyo being part of an advanced bloodline obviously just gives him more advantages on top of his already insane potential and talents.

And last I saw Kyo is still fighting and training as well. With the new anime and games he's been in and going to be in he's been rather busy.

Continued in next post..

50YEN
Continued from my last post

Terry and Andy are close yes...hey they are brothers and brothers for the most part are suppose to have strong ties. Iori is always looking and trying to go after Kyo happy now?

LOL. Iori wants to find Kyo because he wants to defeat him not be his lover -_^

I know the reason behind Kyo and Iori being invented it's on playmores site for christ sakes! You happen to leave something out KOF 94 had The Fatal Fury and Japan team on the cover and if you look at the button commands, it shows Terry and Ryo. Kyo would not have had the star status had it not been for FF,AOF,IK,PS characters appear in KOF...sorry to disagree but it would not happen.

LOL You are right about '94 face off cover with Kyo team and Terry team but it doesn't really matter much as Kyo was still the most prominently featured and was the main character of the game. I remember Kyo also quickly became a fan favorite as well as Athena. Altho GD, RNK, IF and PS characters were in KOF I dont think it was for the reason of them specifically thinking it would help Kyo rather I think they were there more for KOF to be the definitive SNK game encompassing characters from ALL SNK games. In this sense KOF is the Main game and by extent Kyo being the Main hero of the KOF games in general only serves to put him above all other characters in the storyline.

As for Kyo being a star because of the other characters I dont think so. I think the other characters were there more for the sake of establishing Kyo and Japan team as the Main characters of the SNK universe. Think about it. you bring in other well established characters from other games to have them all dish it out in this tournament and you also introduce a new Main hero as well? Looks like SNK wanted to prove more that Kyo is not a pushover and can hold his own quite well against the Best there is. Content on the Playmore site supports this.

And is your opinion the word of GOD?!...really is your opinion the word of the almighty.

Nope. but I use facts to support my argument while you're just blasting your opinion as tho it was fact. There's a BIG difference.

I never said for anyone to agree with me. I dont go around telling people what I say is right as some other people on this board.

Oh yeah? You may not have said it that way but Calling ppl names and saying this character is a "washout" or this guy is a "snot nosed brat" you could have fooled me.

How many times are you going to keep babling on about the merchandise?

If you didn't know, Merchandise is a HUGE part of the game industry and a great way to know what companies are focusing on. In other words, the more popular the character, the more merchandises there is for that character. After all you want to get fans to spend their hard earned cash on those items. Of course the less merchandise the less popular.

From where I am and other places I dont see that many Kyo fans around. I see more Terry fans. There are more Iori fans so you dont have to open your mouth about that.

LOL. Terry is very popular specifically among ppl in their mid to later twenties since they grew up on GD and have fond memories of playing Terry and crew. Iori is just simply Insane, He's got Legions of Male and female fans. Kyo is also very popular. The fans are around you. You probably just dont get a chance to talk to them.

As odd as it is I see more Ash fans than Kyo fans just by looking at plenty of fan fics.

Ash is the current obsession with many Fanfic writers since he's new and not much is known about him. Being as most fanfics are written by female fans (Especially Yaoi) I'd definetly say that Ash would be a Very popular character among the female fans. As for Iori and Kyo there are Tons of fanfics (Especially Iori), again you just have to look.

KOF to me is not the same anymore it's just a bunch of bunk The Kyo and Iori and Orochi deal is getting tiring.

LOL You just proved my points with this statement.

Blind love for Terry? get off your ****ing high horse seriously. Terry is my favorite SNK character and I like other characters as well but you want to come in here taking shots at me for defending him to another poster saying ridiculos and stupid things and

LOL. That other poster is just corecting you and trying to cure you of your blindness. His point is that Kyo is the main hero of the SNK universe and he is. I swear Terry fans are like Rock Lee fans they are so in love with Terry to the point they even forget the devlopments of the story and the place of the character. They bring up points that dont prove anything and even use their own opinion as the basis for an argument. They are so insulted by Kyo because he's the new Hero and they take it so much to heart they even take it out on the ppl they debate with.

Hello old news everyone knows about KOF anime and to be honset not sure if it's going to do well.

Why? Because Terry is not the main character?? LOL

I'm sure it will do very well.

Also the reason why Terry and Ryo are constantly shadowed is playmore's doing I admit it...it makes me want the old SNK...they rely too damn much of KOF.

You have proved my point once again about Terry fans. In other words you are saying you are living in the past and cant move on. You are still living in the days when it was just Fatal Fury and Art of fighting Before KOF. Dude you're in denial Terry is no longer the hero of the SNK universe. if you want to live in the past, that's fine but dont come in here and start insulting other characters and people because you cant move on and get with the times.

"Is this your poor closure to your argument??"

Mr analytical oh boy.

-_^

50YEN

Tron
Wrong forum.

Moving

brainchild81
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vega...

terry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mars.... hmmmmmmmmm When has Vega beat Ken?

brainchild81
I know they are fictional characters wiseguy. "Why wont SNK listen to me...waahhh!" where on this forum have I have that?...get real man. That show's how immature you are as well. You seem to come off a person who has no idea of what they are saying especially when it comes to characters such as Terry and Ryo.

I am sorry but Ash and Kyo...well in honesty I could carless about that rivarly and Terry will always be debatable. You are also telling me old news with Wiikipedia since I go to that site alot.

Small minded...nah. I admit I was calling you those names seeing how so seem to say ridiculos stuff "Terry's hat flies off and gets burned to a crisp" since you seem to ask me why I say immature stuff about Kyo and Iori what are you reasons for saying immature stuff about Terry and Ryo as well. Other than "Ryo is a Ripoff Terry is a hasbeen" I'm not being immature. I have a need to tell the truth. Terry used to be the main man and kick everybody's a$$. Not anymore.

--NESTS plan meeting--
Chief Scientist # 1: Let's clone the best fighter and unleash him on the World!! Hahahaha!
#2:We're cloning Terry Bogard?
#1:Hahahaha! Funny joke. Seriously I mean Kyo Kusa--
#2:I wasn't joking.
#1: *Takes a gun out of his lab coat and shoots #2 in the face for his ignorance* WHAT PART OF "BEST" DIDN'T HE COMPREHEND?!

Ryo is truly a ripoff of the SF shotos. Don't deny it. Look @ him. Look @ his moves. F**k it, just look @ his name. Why do you think Dan was created?

jrodslam
Just because Kyo is the flagship character of the snk crossover series, doesnt mean hes the best fighter or most powerful. Terry would beat Kyop lain and simple. Hed also beat Ken.

Creshosk
I'm not being immature. I have a need to tell the truth. Terry used to be the main man and kick everybody's a$$. Not anymore.

--NESTS plan meeting--
Chief Scientist # 1: Let's clone the best fighter and unleash him on the World!! Hahahaha!
#1: *Takes a gun out of his lab coat and shoots #2 in the face for his ignorance* WHAT PART OF "BEST" DIDN'T HE COMPREHEND?!

Ryo is truly a ripoff of the SF shotos. Don't deny it. Look @ him. Look @ his moves. F**k it, just look @ his name. Why do you think Dan was created? I don't think that being the best fighter had anything to do with it. I think it had more to do with the bloodline, the genetic ability to emit flames.

brainchild81
Originally posted by jrodslam
Just because Kyo is the flagship character of the snk crossover series, doesnt mean hes the best fighter or most powerful. Terry would beat Kyop lain and simple. Hed also beat Ken. @ least you're admitting Kyo is the flagship guy.

Creshosk
@ least you're admitting Kyo is the flagship guy. He is. But that doesn't mean he's the most powerful/best fighter.

Marvel's flagship character is most likely Spiderman or Wolverine. And we know that that just means they are the most popular, but they are certainly not the most powerful. Or the best fighters.

brainchild81
That's why I said "@ least" Cresh. Too many people were denying it just because they'd prefer Terry. Don't worry. I'm halfway there. I'll eventually prove all my points(That Terry's been overrated because of those lousy Fatal Fury movies, that Kyo'd murder him and that Ken would also) or just keep repeating myself 'til people get tired and give up.smile

50YEN
Originally posted by Creshosk
He is. But that doesn't mean he's the most powerful/best fighter.

Marvel's flagship character is most likely Spiderman or Wolverine. And we know that that just means they are the most popular, but they are certainly not the most powerful. Or the best fighters.

That may be how Marvel is but Kyo is not the Flagship character because he's the most popular. There are other characters who are more popular. Kyo is not the Most Powerful character in all of SNK but he is definetly the Most powerful when it comes to all the modern day SNK heroes like Terry, Ryo and K'

Now, if we go into Samurai Spirits and Gekka no Kenshi that would be a whole different story.

Creshosk
Originally posted by 50YEN
That may be how Marvel is but Kyo is not the Flagship character because he's the most popular. There are other characters who are more popular. Kyo is not the Most Powerful character in all of SNK but he is definetly the Most powerful when it comes to all the modern day SNK heroes like Terry, Ryo and K' Oh so Kyo is the flagship character because he's the most powerful. . but he's not the most powerful. Way to cotradict yourself.

It's either based on Power or it's not.

It makes more sense for it to be based on poularity since that's how everyone else does it. Why wouldn't you have your most popular character be the representitive face of your company?

Hmm?

jinzin
When has Vega beat Ken?

once in sf II V
and once in the new comics regarded as the canon story by capcom...

O.D Geist
That's why I said "@ least" Cresh. Too many people were denying it just because they'd prefer Terry. Don't worry. I'm halfway there. I'll eventually prove all my points(That Terry's been overrated because of those lousy Fatal Fury movies, that Kyo'd murder him and that Ken would also) or just keep repeating myself 'til people get tired and give up.smile

brainchild u really think terry is overrated because of the movies?

i mean like the guy said ken got finish by vega {U.S name is m.bision}
and bision is no where near the lvl of mars.

and the thing bout kyo killing terry please man where did u get that idea

Creshosk
That's why I said "@ least" Cresh. Too many people were denying it just because they'd prefer Terry. Don't worry. I'm halfway there. I'll eventually prove all my points(That Terry's been overrated because of those lousy Fatal Fury movies, that Kyo'd murder him and that Ken would also) or just keep repeating myself 'til people get tired and give up.smile So I gather you don't like the terry character? Is that why you're arguing against him?

"Overrated because of the movies"

There's got to be more to it than that. Because do you deny that in the movie he beat the god of war?

50YEN
Oh so Kyo is the flagship character because he's the most powerful. . but he's not the most powerful. Way to cotradict yourself.

It's either based on Power or it's not.

It makes more sense for it to be based on poularity since that's how everyone else does it. Why wouldn't you have your most popular character be the representitive face of your company?

Hmm?

Kyo is the Flagship character because he is the most featured and he is from Osaka which is the base of Neo Geo world -_^ He was created intetionally to be the flagship character from the beginning. It didn't happen over time and SNK didn't just suddenly decided to make him the flagship because of his popularity.

And Iori, Nakoruru and Athena are a ways more popular than Kyo. Yet Kyo is still the flagship. I'd say in this case your statement of being the most popular and the strongest is invalid in this case.

Creshosk
Kyo is the Flagship character because he is the most featured and he is from Osaka which is the base of Neo Geo world -_^ He was created intetionally to be the flagship character from the beginning. It didn't happen over time and SNK didn't just suddenly decided to make him the flagship because of his popularity.

And Iori, Nakoruru and Athena are a ways more popular than Kyo. Yet Kyo is still the flagship. I'd say in this case your statement of being the most popular and the strongest is invalid in this case. Care to prove these statements?

Oh wait I'm just supposed to accept your word as proof of everything aren't I?

P-Geyser
I'm not being immature. I have a need to tell the truth. Terry used to be the main man and kick everybody's a$$. Not anymore.

--NESTS plan meeting--

Ryo is truly a ripoff of the SF shotos. Don't deny it. Look @ him. Look @ his moves. F**k it, just look @ his name. Why do you think Dan was created?

That prooves how much you dont know...you have no idea of The character of Ryo Sakazaki. Terry is overrated by the animes?...that's a laugh. I can turn around and say Kyo is overrated beacuse he is the lead in KOF. You still have not said why YOU say such childish things on Terry.

50YEN
Care to prove these statements?

Oh wait I'm just supposed to accept your word as proof of everything aren't I?

LOL. Very funny.

Go to the Playmore website and read for yourself. Also check out the location of Neo Geo world and check out where Kyo is from oh yeah also If you actually own any of these games you can see Kyo's stage has Neo Geo world in the background.

As for Nako, Iori and Athena being more popular than Kyo just go to ebay or yahoo japan auctions to see all the merchandise pertaining to each character. There's your proof. If you dont want to make the effort to check it out yourself then that's your own damn problem.

Creshosk
LOL. Very funny.

Go to the Playmore website and read for yourself.b *points to the links he posted* I did.

Also check out the location of Neo Geo world and check out where Kyo is from oh yeah also If you actually own any of these games you can see Kyo's stage has Neo Geo world in the background.bquote] And? Neo geo world and arcade appeared in Terry's movie. . . So?

As for Nako, Iori and Athena being more popular than Kyo just go to ebay or yahoo japan auctions to see all the merchandise pertaining to each character. There's your proof.b Yeah, people hocking junk really shows how popular a character is. .

If you dont want to make the effort to check it out yourself then that's your own damn problem. It's not my job to prove your case for you. IF you don't want to prove your case. . well we've been over this before.

Darkstorm Zero
And another good debate goes down the $h!t tube...

50YEN
http://www.kof10th.com/

Actually merchandise plays HUGE part of how popular a character is. But maybe you dont go out much to really know.

Companies aren't going to make merchandises of characters that don t sell at least not repeatedly. If you compare the amount of merchandise of each character it's a very good way to tell how popular a character is.

It's called marketing. Supply and demand.

50YEN
Oh yeah

This too-

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/

Creshosk
LMFAO, nice.

To hold his own. Not be stronger than.

50YEN
LMFAO, nice.

To hold his own. Not be stronger than.

Well SNK would never say one character is stronger than the other but they can imply a LOT. It's just like Ryu is tougher than Ken, Capcom will never say it because of PR reasons but It's obviously true. For PR reason lots of things are left ambigous for various reasons and outcomes of battles and ambiguous Love triangles are the most popular for this. Why do you think these online debates exist? If there was a clear winner there would be no real argument. But as said before SNK implies a LOT.

BTW Do you actually play any of these games or are you just some comics fanboy getting into arguments for the sake of doing so? You dont seem to have very much experience at all and you also seem to get all your info from the internet than actually reading, watching or playing the real things yourself. Just curiosity.

Oh Looky here-

Company Name
PLAYMORE CORPORATION
Address Esaka Sekishu Bldg. 15-11 Toyotsu-cho, Suita-shi, Osaka 564-0051 Japan
TEL (06)6339-6362
FAX (06)6378-6360

It's Esaka, Osaka where Kyo lives ^-^

P-Geyser
Continued from my last post

"LOL. Iori wants to find Kyo because he wants to defeat him not be his lover -_^"

Whatever. Bottomline is he is so obssessed with him it's getting ridiculous and old.

"LOL You are right about '94 face off cover with Kyo team and Terry team but it doesn't really matter much as Kyo was still the most prominently featured and was the main character of the game. I remember Kyo also quickly became a fan favorite as well as Athena. Altho GD, RNK, IF and PS characters were in KOF I dont think it was for the reason of them specifically thinking it would help Kyo rather I think they were there more for KOF to be the definitive SNK game encompassing characters from ALL SNK games. In this sense KOF is the Main game and by extent Kyo being the Main hero of the KOF games in general only serves to put him above all other characters in the storyline."

Which is what I have stated before. With the well established FF and AOF games, if these characters had not appeared in KOF, it would not do so well oh many people will play it no doubt. The only reason Kyo was there was to look for his father and nothing else. Really the main focus was Fatal Fury and Art Of Fighting going head to head which is what most people wanted to see.

"As for Kyo being a star because of the other characters I dont think so. I think the other characters were there more for the sake of establishing Kyo and Japan team as the Main characters of the SNK universe. Think about it. you bring in other well established characters from other games to have them all dish it out in this tournament and you also introduce a new Main hero as well? Looks like SNK wanted to prove more that Kyo is not a pushover and can hold his own quite well against the Best there is. Content on the Playmore site supports this."

You are telling me nothing new here. Kyo was made to Hold his own against Terry and Ryo NOT to be stronger than them...SNK Playmore it clear themselves on their site I ALREADY KNOW. I am sorry but FF and AOF is what made KOF not Mr Kusanagi.

"Nope. but I use facts to support my argument while you're just blasting your opinion as tho it was fact. There's a BIG difference."

Thats funny you seem to be doing the same thing telling everybody that Kyo is stronger than Ryo,Terry as fact.

"Oh yeah? You may not have said it that way but Calling ppl names and saying this character is a "washout" or this guy is a "snot nosed brat" you could have fooled me."

I was talking to Brainchild since he seems to calling Terry a hasbeen and what not. Who did I say was a washout? I could have handled with Brainchild I admit.

"If you didn't know, Merchandise is a HUGE part of the game industry and a great way to know what companies are focusing on. In other words, the more popular the character, the more merchandises there is for that character. After all you want to get fans to spend their hard earned cash on those items. Of course the less merchandise the less popular."

"LOL. Terry is very popular specifically among ppl in their mid to later twenties since they grew up on GD and have fond memories of playing Terry and crew. Iori is just simply Insane, He's got Legions of Male and female fans. Kyo is also very popular. The fans are around you. You probably just dont get a chance to talk to them."

And who are you to tell me what kind of fans I talk to? Do you have a crystal ball forseeing who I communicate with? Many people all I talk to all over and younger are Terry fans. Even though most of the time Iori gets played more than anything.

"Ash is the current obsession with many Fanfic writers since he's new and not much is known about him. Being as most fanfics are written by female fans (Especially Yaoi) I'd definetly say that Ash would be a Very popular character among the female fans. As for Iori and Kyo there are Tons of fanfics (Especially Iori), again you just have to look."

I agree with you on that. Most fan girls loves Iori over everybody

"LOL You just proved my points with this statement."

What would that be? all I hearing is Kyo and Iori sell merchandise and Kyo is SNK and he is stronger than Terry, Ryo K etc etc..

"LOL. That other poster is just corecting you and trying to cure you of your blindness. His point is that Kyo is the main hero of the SNK universe and he is. I swear Terry fans are like Rock Lee fans they are so in love with Terry to the point they even forget the devlopments of the story and the place of the character. They bring up points that dont prove anything and even use their own opinion as the basis for an argument. They are so insulted by Kyo because he's the new Hero and they take it so much to heart they even take it out on the ppl they debate with."

Now who is being immature? you once again are saying Kyo is the Strongest snd the hero of the SNK universe...really. Kyo is the main character of KOF and now Alba is the main deal of MI and Ash is the main focus of KOF now. Terry fans are like Rock Lee fans that's hillirous so in other words people who are fans of Iori,Ryu,Ken,Kyo and who stick up for them must mean the are in love with them..LOL ok I get it.

"You have proved my point once again about Terry fans. In other words you are saying you are living in the past and cant move on. You are still living in the days when it was just Fatal Fury and Art of fighting Before KOF. Dude you're in denial Terry is no longer the hero of the SNK universe. if you want to live in the past, that's fine but dont come in here and start insulting other characters and people because you cant move on and get with the times."

Dont come in here? who may I ask are you to be yammering that?...you are funny because you seem to say that I am living in the FF days when all I was stating about FF and AOF jumpstarting KOF... now where have I said that "I AM LIVING IN THE FF DAYS" Dude you need to stop yourself coming in here and assuming things that havent been said... really.

-_^

P-Geyser
Well SNK would never say one character is stronger than the other but they can imply a LOT. It's just like Ryu is tougher than Ken, Capcom will never say it because of PR reasons but It's obviously true. For PR reason lots of things are left ambigous for various reasons and outcomes of battles and ambiguous Love triangles are the most popular for this. Why do you think these online debates exist? If there was a clear winner there would be no real argument. But as said before SNK implies a LOT.

BTW Do you actually play any of these games or are you just some comics fanboy getting into arguments for the sake of doing so? You dont seem to have very much experience at all and you also seem to get all your info from the internet than actually reading, watching or playing the real things yourself. Just curiosity.

Oh Looky here-

Company Name
PLAYMORE CORPORATION
TEL (06)6339-6362
FAX (06)6378-6360

It's Esaka, Osaka where Kyo lives ^-^

Funny because now you are telling someone else they dont have experience..again who are you? Kyo is from Osaka and yeah...

Creshosk
Well SNK would never say one character is stronger than the other but they can imply a LOT. Yeah but openly stating that they are all on par kinda kills any implications. . .

It's just like Ryu is tougher than Ken, Capcom will never say it because of PR reasons but It's obviously true. For PR reason lots of things are left ambigous for various reasons and outcomes of battles and ambiguous Love triangles are the most popular for this. Why do you think these online debates exist? If there was a clear winner there would be no real argument. But as said before SNK implies a LOT. Probably cross company would still exist, as obviously both companies would say their character is the stonger.

BTW Do you actually play any of these games or are you just some comics fanboy getting into arguments for the sake of doing so? You dont seem to have very much experience at all and you also seem to get all your info from the internet than actually reading, watching or playing the real things yourself. Just curiosity. LMFAO. . .

www.weareboring.com

Oh Looky here-

Company Name
PLAYMORE CORPORATION
TEL (06)6339-6362
FAX (06)6378-6360

It's Esaka, Osaka where Kyo lives ^-^ So Kyo's a mary sue?

50YEN

Well I wouldn't know who you talk to or anything like that but I can at least speak based on experience of what I see online and the places I go. Kyo being stronger is my opinion but that opinion is based on how SNK writes their stories. and the way they are written Yes, Kyo would definetly seem to have an edge over the other heroes. But that's the way I see it and what I see is Terry and Ryo have done nothing for an entire decade. While Kyo is still very much in the main stories.

For you to just blatantly come on here and say Terry would win is no different as I said in an ealier post, There is no clear winner but Kyo seems to have more storyline value than Terry or Ryo. And Storyline value can take a character a very long way.

50YEN
Yeah but openly stating that they are all on par kinda kills any implications. . .

Probably cross company would still exist, as obviously both companies would say their character is the stonger.

LMFAO. . .

www.weareboring.com

So Kyo's a mary sue?

LOL. Well they say Ryu and Ken are "on par" does that mean Ryu and Ken are always equal?? No. The character who wins is the character the company favors. no matter what statement they say. Companies know that each main character has his/her own fandom so they willl always do their best to not alienate or make any character look weak by saying another main character can beat him/her

But Kyo is the same as any Main Anime hero. Like Naruto, Kurono or Ichigo. They always win in the end even against impossible odds. Main Character hidden power and unknown abilities.

One an say Kyo has many Mary Sue traits I guess but Nah I dont think so at least IMO. Iori could probably be one he has more of the tragedy.

P-Geyser
Well I wouldn't know who you talk to or anything like that but I can at least speak based on experience of what I see online and the places I go. Kyo being stronger is my opinion but that opinion is based on how SNK writes their stories. and the way they are written Yes, Kyo would definetly seem to have an edge over the other heroes. But that's the way I see it and what I see is Terry and Ryo have done nothing for an entire decade. While Kyo is still very much in the main stories.

For you to just blatantly come on here and say Terry would win is no different as I said in an ealier post, There is no clear winner but Kyo seems to have more storyline value than Terry or Ryo. And Storyline value can take a character a very long way.

Dude I did not come in HERE and say TERRY can beat this or Terry can beat that. Did I say some sh!t like Terry stomps Ken to the ground?..um no I DID NOT. Terry wins some and he loses some. Just because you are the main character does not mean that you are the strongest. Kyo is still going because of the orochi deal with Ash and that's it. I am also speaking on exeperience from places I go as well and what? The difference IS I already admit I lost it a little with BC buy you just come in here talking smack telling me I am a fanboy and Creshock he doesnt have Exeperince and such and such.

You see your way I see it my way. Even though Kyo has the Kusanagi DNA does not make him the better fighter than Terry or Ryo. Hey what can I say you see it your way I see it mine.

50YEN

www.weareboring.com

Webcomics?? with Rockman sprites?? interesting..

Is this what you do?

Creshosk
LOL. Well they say Ryu and Ken are "on par" does that mean Ryu and Ken are always equal?? No. The character who wins is the character the company favors. no matter what statement they say. Companies know that each main character has his/her own fandom so they willl always do their best to not alienate or make any character look weak by saying another main character can beat him/her

But Kyo is the same as any Main Anime hero. Like Naruto, Kurono or Ichigo. They always win in the end even against impossible odds. Main Character hidden power and unknown abilities.

One an say Kyo has many Mary Sue traits I guess but Nah I dont think so at least IMO. Iori could probably be one he has more of the tragedy. You have a point there. Goji is going to be the same way. . .

I'm glad you knew what a Mary Sue was, that could have been akward.

Webcomics?? with Rockman sprites?? interesting..

Is this what you do? Not just rockman either. I wonder who all you can identify(You should be able to get all of them).

It's something some friends of mine were working on as a hobby, but right now we're working on making a manga that involves the characters.

50YEN
Dude I did not come in HERE and say TERRY can beat this or Terry can beat that. Did I say some sh!t like Terry stomps Ken to the ground?..um no I DID NOT. Terry wins some and he loses some. Just because you are the main character does not mean that you are the strongest. Kyo is still going because of the orochi deal with Ash and that's it. I am also speaking on exeperience from places I go as well and what? The difference IS I already admit I lost it a little with BC buy you just come in here talking smack telling me I am a fanboy and Creshock he doesnt have Exeperince and such and such.

You see your way I see it my way. Even though Kyo has the Kusanagi DNA does not make him the better fighter than Terry or Ryo. Hey what can I say you see it your way I see it mine.

You were saying Terry beats this and that quite a bit in your earlier posts. Anyway I am not here to insult anyone, more just to pass the time. I admit everyone here including myself can get quite heated. I apoligize if I personally offended anyone.

I never said the Kusanagi DNA makes Kyo a better fighter just that Kyo being significantly younger and fighting on the same level implies he's got more fighting potential and the fact that he can fight on the same level and train less than Terry says a lot.

As for Kyo, Terry and Ryo in the end they are all the SNK all star hero team and are all top tier fighters.

50YEN
You have a point there. Goji is going to be the same way. . .

I'm glad you knew what a Mary Sue was, that could have been akward.

LOL. Goji huh? Like Godzilla? Yeah I studied Literature for awhile in college so Mary Sue is a common thing mentioned to distinguish certain chars.

Not just rockman either. I wonder who all you can identify(You should be able to get all of them).

It's something some friends of mine were working on as a hobby, but right now we're working on making a manga that involves the characters.

That's pretty cool. I will check it regularly. and take a closer look now. The manga you're making is online as well??

P-Geyser
You were saying Terry beats this and that quite a bit in your earlier posts. Anyway I am not here to insult anyone, more just to pass the time. I admit everyone here including myself can get quite heated. I apoligize if I personally offended anyone.

I never said the Kusanagi DNA makes Kyo a better fighter just that Kyo being significantly younger and fighting on the same level implies he's got more fighting potential and the fact that he can fight on the same level and train less than Terry says a lot.

As for Kyo, Terry and Ryo in the end they are all the SNK all star hero team and are all top tier fighters.

Well we both agree we get heated...I admit I could have handled it better myself and I really dont want to insult anyone but damn the other poster got to me.

I never really said that Terry can beat Ken probably in the end but it would be a hell of a fight. Mainly when I said Terry beats this and that I was aiming it at BC. But I still disagree on the Kyo part but thats in my opinion. I agree they are the all stars team for SNK.

Creshosk
LOL. Goji huh? Like Godzilla? Yeah I studied Literature for awhile in college so Mary Sue is a common thing mentioned to distinguish certain chars.lol, That's an interesting thing to point out. . hmm . . .

That's pretty cool. I will check it regularly. and take a closer look now. The manga you're making is online as well?? Well we haven't bween working on the webcomic in a while. . .

And I'm not sure, I don't think it will be. Right now we're in the scripting phase.

50YEN
Well we both agree we get heated...I admit I could have handled it better myself and I really dont want to insult anyone but damn the other poster got to me.

It's All good. -_^

I never really said that Terry can beat Ken probably in the end but it would be a hell of a fight. Mainly when I said Terry beats this and that I was aiming it at BC. But I still disagree on the Kyo part but thats in my opinion. I agree they are the all stars team for SNK.

Ahh. Again no hard feelings man. Each person likes and are into different characters and things. As long as well know and respect each other's opinion it's all good. BTW how long have you been playing? You play online??

P-Geyser
It's All good. -_^

Ahh. Again no hard feelings man. Each person likes and are into different characters and things. As long as well know and respect each other's opinion it's all good. BTW how long have you been playing? You play online??

Nah... I dont have XBOX live yet embarrasment

Soon once I get my money situation together.

50YEN
lol, That's an interesting thing to point out. . hmm . . .

So is Godzilla going to be in the next chapter of your comic??

Originally posted by Creshosk Well we haven't bween working on the webcomic in a while. . .

And I'm not sure, I don't think it will be. Right now we're in the scripting phase.

Ahh. That's cool. Please keep the site updated -_^

BTW what stuff are you into?

50YEN
Nah... I dont have XBOX live yet embarrasment

Soon once I get my money situation together.

Make sure you shoot me a PM once you do I am always looking for good players online. -_^

P-Geyser
Make sure you shoot me a PM once you do I am always looking for good players online. -_^

Cool...will do/

Creshosk
So is Godzilla going to be in the next chapter of your comic??Well it's mor of a personal thing that sharpeyed fans (assuming this project ever gets off the ground and popular enough for us to have fans) might spot.

Ahh. That's cool. Please keep the site updated -_^I'd love to, But Corrin the script writer is rather busy as of late. . . What with his baby on the way and all.

BTW what stuff are you into? All sorts of different things. I like alot of different anime.manga as well as different games.

Gouki
I'm not really into Anime.
'Cept SF ones.

brainchild81
That prooves how much you dont know...you have no idea of The character of Ryo Sakazaki. Terry is overrated by the animes?...that's a laugh. I can turn around and say Kyo is overrated beacuse he is the lead in KOF. You still have not said why YOU say such childish things on Terry. These aren't personal attacks against you dude, I haven't really said anything childish. I dountermoo honestly think Ryo is a ripoff (apparently so did Capcom) I remember a while back I was playing CVSNK2 and when I had the cursor on Ryo my opponent asked me was that Ken. He's a lot like the Shotos, seriously. I must say that Terry is an original character. I just don't think he's that great. His design, while original, always looked corny to me. I've tried playing as him a few times and always got bad results. When I've played against him, I've always won. I honestly don't know many people who are good w/Terry or even bother to play w/him. When I play against him w/Rock I just counter him all day. W/Ken I just rush him. I've disliked the Fatal fury movies ever since I rented one and saw the ad where @ the end the guy says "They fight for love". That just sounded sappy. It wasn't really "They". It was just Terry. That "Your my angel" song was annoying too.

P-Geyser
These aren't personal attacks against you dude, I haven't really said anything childish. I dountermoo honestly think Ryo is a ripoff (apparently so did Capcom) I remember a while back I was playing CVSNK2 and when I had the cursor on Ryo my opponent asked me was that Ken. He's a lot like the Shotos, seriously. I must say that Terry is an original character. I just don't think he's that great. His design, while original, always looked corny to me. I've tried playing as him a few times and always got bad results. When I've played against him, I've always won. I honestly don't know many people who are good w/Terry or even bother to play w/him. When I play against him w/Rock I just counter him all day. W/Ken I just rush him. I've disliked the Fatal fury movies ever since I rented one and saw the ad where @ the end the guy says "They fight for love". That just sounded sappy. It wasn't really "They". It was just Terry. That "Your my angel" song was annoying too.

I see what you are getting at. I love using Terry in all the games he has appereard in but that's just me and I dig the Hat(Own it too big grin )though I must say the MOTW'S costume makes him look a little like Ken. The pony tail and that was his trademark. Anyways like I did with 50 yen lets squash it.

Drunk-of-Fury
However Terry Beats the SHIT out of Ken!!!!!!!!!

This is not Terrt vs Kyo, Ryu or Ryo dammit!!!

Drunk-of-Fury
yepp Terry is Cool and my favorite charachter in all games whit him and he has an awsome CAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:Joe Higashi is Second Rated after Terry but more efecktive in Real Bout Fatal Fury games,has more combos and quicker punching.
He is also Cool as Hell Muai-Thai RULESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

brainchild81
I see what you are getting at. I love using Terry in all the games he has appereard in but that's just me and I dig the Hat(Own it too big grin )though I must say the MOTW'S costume makes him look a little like Ken. The pony tail and that was his trademark. Anyways like I did with 50 yen lets squash it. Agreed.

dvampire
Originally posted by Drunk-of-Fury
However Terry Beats the SHIT out of Ken!!!!!!!!!

This is not Terrt vs Kyo, Ryu or Ryo dammit!!!

Terry isn't beating Ken that easy now. smile

P-Geyser
Originally posted by dvampire
Terry isn't beating Ken that easy now. smile

I agree on that.

Sonic x 20
Yeah, Ken is not going to lose that easily. big grin big grin cool cool

carrotgl4z3
Well im new here so... Welcome Carrot... weeee.... yeeepeeee

carrotgl4z3
may be the result of a fighting... terry would win for sure... ken would accept the fact that...

carrotgl4z3
SNK ORIGINAL HERO TERRY BOGARD... W/O him there will no KOF... Remember that Terry Bogard is One Of A Kind... Thats all...

shin_remy
Originally posted by outavodka

according to capcom:

NERD!!! i don't know where you get this information but it is al wrong dude!!

(i am a street fighter freak) big grin

brainchild81
once in sf II V
and once in the new comics regarded as the canon story by capcom... I remember Ken knocking Vega the f**k out in V. I saw it on the Action channel(This was a young Ken w/no ki attacks). Maybe they fought again before V was over. I haven't seen the whole thing yet. Vega got beat up by Ken the 1st time in the books and he was getting beat up the 2nd time until Ken turned his attention on one of Vega's thugs. Vega snuck him.

Sonic x 20
We know that Ken can beat Vega. Vega is Fast, but Ken's Strategy is mainly about Speed. big grin big grin cool cool

brainchild81
Vega's flat out faster than Ken, but Ken's flat out the better fighter.

Sonic x 20
Yeah, Ken's FLAMING SHORYUKEN will finish Vega off. big grin big grin cool cool

brainchild81
Yes. & it will burn the skin off his face.

shin_remy
have you read the comic of

SNK vs CAPCOM????

YOU SEE THAT CAPCOM HAS THE BETTER FIGHTERS THEN SNK!!!!

KEN WINS!!! smile

brainchild81
While I do agree that Ken would indeed beat Terry, I wouldn't say that all Capcom's fighters are better than all of SNKs. I think Ken and Iori'd have a very good match and while I think Ken'd win, I'm not 100% sure. Iori's a 1st class badass (even though he wears that nut ass chocker). Iori and Kyo'd beat the s**t out of anybody below Ken & Ryu level. Terry and Guile could have a good match.

dvampire
Ken vs. Vega (fight 1):

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/4208/11102005013035pm1ce.th.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3540/11102005013205pm7lv.th.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5428/11102005013323pm5tu.th.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/462/11102005013428pm2aw.th.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2240/11102005013537pm4pc.th.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9840/11102005013631pm9fq.th.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8422/11102005013727pm3ui.th.jpg

dvampire
Originally posted by shin_remy
have you read the comic of

SNK vs CAPCOM????

YOU SEE THAT CAPCOM HAS THE BETTER FIGHTERS THEN SNK!!!!

KEN WINS!!! smile

I whouldn't take it that far, confused I have some favorite SNK fighters too now. Some of them are Terry (that's no suprise), K999 (dude look just like Tetsuo), K' (he's my favorite and the best SNK character I know how to play with), Ash (the new guy; is good, he's like Guile), and Andy.

smile

shin_remy
While I do agree that Ken would indeed beat Terry, I wouldn't say that all Capcom's fighters are better than all of SNKs. I think Ken and Iori'd have a very good match and while I think Ken'd win, I'm not 100% sure. Iori's a 1st class badass (even though he wears that nut ass chocker). Iori and Kyo'd beat the s**t out of anybody below Ken & Ryu level. Terry and Guile could have a good match.

yess indeed

it is nothing with ken vs Terry or ryu riveals to Terry or some of that CRAP!!!

it IS INDEED

RYU AND KEN
KYO AND IORI
Chun LI AND MAI
GUILE AND TERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT I THINK THAT RYU WINS FROM KYO!!! AND IORI WINS FROM KEN!!!

smile smile

shin_remy
AKUMA WINS FROM MR KARATE

RYU WINS FROM KYO

KEN LOSE FROM IORI

CHUN LI WINS FROM MAI

GUILE LOSE FROM TERRY

brainchild81
Originally posted by dvampire
Ken vs. Vega (fight 1): Good stuff. What the hell was Jinzin talking about?

dvampire
Good stuff. What the hell was Jinzin talking about?

Thanks! smile What did Jinzin say? confused

brainchild81
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vega...

terry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mars.... hmmmmmmmmm Originally posted by brainchild81
When has Vega beat Ken? Originally posted by jinzin
once in sf II V
and once in the new comics regarded as the canon story by capcom... Originally posted by brainchild81
I remember Ken knocking Vega the f**k out in V. I saw it on the Action channel(This was a young Ken w/no ki attacks). Maybe they fought again before V was over. I haven't seen the whole thing yet. Vega got beat up by Ken the 1st time in the books and he was getting beat up the 2nd time until Ken turned his attention on one of Vega's thugs. Vega snuck him.

dvampire

Well he's wrong, Ken never lost to Vega in a fare fight. confused smile

brainchild81
I know. Jinzin has a funny way of seeing things sometimes.smile

dvampire
I know. Jinzin has a funny way of seeing things sometimes.smile

Indeed! big grin

unrealman
Ken's Fights

SFA2

Ken vs. Ryu

Ken vs Dan

SFA3

Ken vs Karin

Ken vs Sakura

Sakura, Ken, Sagat and Ryu vs. M.Bison

shin_remy
HUH??

Sonic x 20
I think unrealman is referring to the Battles that Ken had during the Alpha Series.

shin_remy
ooh oke but the last one is wrong !!

it was evil ryu(controlled by Bison) against Sagat
and Ken and Sakura fought bison

Sagat was able to put Ryu out of it and came back to itself

Sonic x 20
Yeah, and when Ryu was Normal Ryu again caused Bison to flee by hitting him with a Shoryuken am I right?

brainchild81
Originally posted by shin_remy
AKUMA WINS FROM MR KARATE

RYU WINS FROM KYO

KEN LOSE FROM IORI

CHUN LI WINS FROM MAI

GUILE LOSE FROM TERRY

Ken beats Iori by the skin of his teeth
Mai beats Chun Li by the skin of her teeth
Guile and Terry stalemate each other.

P-Geyser
Ken beats Iori by the skin of his teeth
Mai beats Chun Li by the skin of her teeth
Guile and Terry stalemate each other.

I also think Ken would beat Iori but no way in hell Mai can beat Chun. Terry I believe will deafeat Guile.

brainchild81
The more I think about it, the more I think Terry will win also. He's just
gotta avoid being grabbed. In CVS2, Mai and Chun Li seemed evenly matched from what I remember. Mai does have some moves that leave her wide open though. I might have given her advantage 'cause she's a Ninja(and 'cause she's very very topheavysmile), couldn't help myself. Mai and Maki would have a good scrap, but once Maki gets up close Mai is gonna get dumped on her neck.

P-Geyser
The more I think about it, the more I think Terry will win also. He's just
gotta avoid being grabbed. In CVS2, Mai and Chun Li seemed evenly matched from what I remember. Mai does have some moves that leave her wide open though. I might have given her advantage 'cause she's a Ninja(and 'cause she's very very topheavysmile), couldn't help myself. Mai and Maki would have a good scrap, but once Maki gets up close Mai is gonna get dumped on her neck.

Well I was talking plain character wise. Chun Li is way more skilled than Mai and if you want to talk anime wise, Mai is a disgrace...she lost everytime and she hit Panni while she was not looking...Chun on the other hand kicked Vega's ass after getting slashed and kicked around.

brainchild81
I was blinded by ta-tas. I don't remember who Panni is. Did Panni wear a mask?

P-Geyser
I was blinded by ta-tas. I don't remember who Panni is. Did Panni wear a mask?

No... Panni was the villianous Women working alongside Hauer and Jamin. She crushed Laurence Blood in the castle. Hauer was the one who wore the mask.

brainchild81
I think I remember. She controls water right?

SaTsuJiN
Well I was talking plain character wise. Chun Li is way more skilled than Mai and if you want to talk anime wise, Mai is a disgrace...she lost everytime and she hit Panni while she was not looking...Chun on the other hand kicked Vega's ass after getting slashed and kicked around.

mai is petite.. while chun li fights like a man.. its just their personality really.. gameplay wise I find them nearly equivalent

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>