Clone Wars or Mandalorian Wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Veneficus
What war was more devistating and caused more loss of life?

Lord Simus
I believe the Mandalorian Wars was devastating war. I mean it seemed like thats all they talked about in the first KOTOR.

SnakeEyes
With most of the Seperatist Army consisting of battle droids, you'd think that the Mandalorian Wars would be more devastating by default. wink

Gryn Jabar
Clone Wars easily. Also, the sheer amount of firepoewr being thrown around was far greater then Mandalorian Wars. If a war is so bad as to propel a dictatorship that lasted for 30 years and caused a civil war...

Se7in
Clone Wars. Reulted in the death of the entire Jedi Order, arguably 10,000, spanned across almost every planet in the galaxy (Utapau, Coruscanr, Geonosis, Rhen Var, Bespin, Ilum, Mygeeto, Felucia, Yavin, Mustafar, Neto Camoideia, Haruun Kal, Cerea, and more), cost huge numbers of numerous races (human, Wookie, Cereans, and more), and resulted in a dictatorship that laster for 30 years.

Tangible God
I don't think the end result AFTER the war ended counted. I think he means what happened DURING the war.

But do we actually know what really happened in the Mandalorians. We've got 1 1/2 movies and like 30 episodes on TV for the Clone Wars, but what about the Mandalorians?

Fishy
Well if you want to look at it like that, Mandelorian wars caused the Jedi Civil wars, causing thousands of Jedi to turn to the Dark Side and the complete destruction of several planets, Like Taris with billion of people living there and Telos.

But the Mandelorian wars and the clone wars taken aside. I think the Mandelorian wars were far worse. afterall they are described as a brutal race that did brutal things. They had no problem annihilating entire city's, and you have to remember that they started fighting 40 years before Kotor. 20 years before Kotor they started conquering planets. The Mandelorian wars only started 7 years before Kotor. Thats a lot of damn years to go around the galaxy destroying things unchecked.

The wars would have taken an extreme amount of lives, without any doubt.

Tangible God
And the Clone Wars didn't use the tactic of obliterating cities from orbit and basilsiks, they invaded or tried to capture cities. In terms of sheer destruction, the Mandalorians are the worst. Probably in death toll too.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Fishy
Well if you want to look at it like that, Mandelorian wars caused the Jedi Civil wars, causing thousands of Jedi to turn to the Dark Side and the complete destruction of several planets, Like Taris with billion of people living there and Telos.

But the Mandelorian wars and the clone wars taken aside. I think the Mandelorian wars were far worse. afterall they are described as a brutal race that did brutal things. They had no problem annihilating entire city's, and you have to remember that they started fighting 40 years before Kotor. 20 years before Kotor they started conquering planets. The Mandelorian wars only started 7 years before Kotor. Thats a lot of damn years to go around the galaxy destroying things unchecked.

The wars would have taken an extreme amount of lives, without any doubt.

This is what I meant by more devistating.

Fierce Deity
Mandalorian Wars started the Republic down a slow road to distruction! Then Revan came, then Malak, Then Nithlus, Traya, and Sion. The clone wars was just a fancy distraction, a light show to hide what palpatine was REALLY doing, the Clone Wars's destruction had nothing to do with the rise of the empire.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Fierce Deity
The clone wars was just a fancy distraction, a light show to hide what palpatine was REALLY doing, the Clone Wars's destruction had nothing to do with the rise of the empire.
Err, yes it did. With the destruction of the Jedi order and the widespread los of life on many planets, who else could the republic turn to but a strong centralised government?

Darth Traya
The Mandalorian Wars. They caused the rise of a new Sith empire, the near destruction of the Jedi Order and the death of countless lives.

Tengu Man
Originally posted by Fierce Deity
Mandalorian Wars started the Republic down a slow road to distruction! Then Revan came, then Malak, Then Nithlus, Traya, and Sion. The clone wars was just a fancy distraction, a light show to hide what palpatine was REALLY doing, the Clone Wars's destruction had nothing to do with the rise of the empire. that war had everything to with the rise of the empire, the jedi knights are gone, there is still chaos everywhere at the time of palpatine's transition to the empire through the senate, and yes the war was necesary to wipe out the jedi, a perfect mask for his plans and dealings, and he was gaining more trust amongst the senate, except for bail and his little posse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.