Does Emperor have a light-saber?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Halba
He's a sith lord after all
all of them have wielded light-sabers except him.

Maybe he will in Ep 3? could be a surprise..like YODA

yerssot
no-one knows yet, although I think it would be better if not

LanceWindu
Yeah, let him beat people with the force, not some weapon.

Emperor Helmet
He better have a weopan. We now know that Force Lightning is useless against Yoda and a lightsaber.

Dexx
noone looked under his robe so far......maybe he does have one......sabre i mean laughing out loud

Budgie
He most probably does because he is trained in the jedi arts and it was he who trained darth maul of whom Qui Gonn says "It was well trained in the jedi arts"

Therefore, in order to train maul, sidious must be well trained.

Mujaffa
the emperor has a lightsaber in EU, so he better have one in EPIII

Halba
the Emperor must've been an ex-jedi? How could he have acquired skills of a jedi (hmm prolly trained by an ex-jedi i imagine)..otherwise Palpatine would've been routed out in an instant.

finti
He is a Sith not a jedi. And we dont know how the dark side "people"aquire their skills, only thing is like the Jedis they are force strong but they use the dark side of the force

Dexx
what are we talking 'bout here??? Ofcourse he has a sabre

Captain REX
He probably does.

Texas
I dont think he does! I think he's more of a brain over muscles kind of guy! stick out tongue

Dexx
this is fictional...but maybe it'll show an image of how the sabre looks

greedo
Who needs a sabre when you can shoot paralizing lightning bolts from your finger tips???? smile

Mujaffa
well it's a nice trick but i'd go with the lightsaber and cut him in two stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Sith lightning for me!!!

He-Man
Yeah, and a BIG one it is....his sabre....I mean.

Halba
sith lightning won't affect jedi masters like yoda "much to learn you still have" and Mace Windu. Even Kenobi showed he could withstand force lightning in AOTC (at the end) "i don't think so"

so it aint THAT great a deal. "its obvious that this contest cannot be decided on our knowledge of the force..but our skills with the light-sabre" .. so its likely a sabre will come into play

Dexx
well....maybe he has Xtended mind trick capabillities wich go over the minds of even Jedi masters. He'll stunt them to death

greedo
It packed a whallop on young Luke and did enough damage to shut down Darth's systems causing his death...although the Emperor did get snuffed...me I'll keep a blaster by side. big grin

yerssot
and Luke isn't a master, and Vader isn't one either

Ushgarak
I think Vader was by then. Did more than shut down his systems, though, when you look at it!

Not that it helps but it might be worth knowing that in the first version of ROTJ, the Emperor did have a lightsabre which he throws tto Vader at one point after Vader loses his.

yerssot
I hope that Anakin will stay Padawan, but heck, I can't choose huh?
he's probably at least Knight

Ushgarak
Oh, OFFICIALLY not a Master, no, but certainly Master level by then!

yerssot
yes, ofcourse!

He IS the Chosen One, you must see it! big grin
you can't expact he's but the learner!

Halba
look in ANEWHOPE, obi-wan says that Luke's father was A JEDI KNIGHT. not a padawan

Ushgarak
That's just in a general sense, though.

yerssot
and you call masters also Jedi Knights, point?

GordonSkywalker
I do not remember this. Is this a fact? If so,then he was keeping his sabre underneath his imperialistic robes,as it is not seen during the closeups prior to Luke reaching for his own lightsaber,which Palpatine had on his armchair! And,Dexx,that was a really cool sketch! Very artistic,and I should know,as I studied art in school once! big grin

finti
I dont remember that part either

Ushgarak
I said in the first version. It was never used in the film!

GordonSkywalker
I thought you meant the pre-Special Edition version of the film! Well,that clears that up!

Julie
I like the emperor with lightning.....

master harmax
I would like him even more with lightening AND a sabre ... ;-)

master harmax
Wow !! I'm a forum fanatic !!! cool Happy Dance smokin'

Member.
lol, how many posts do u need? I'm still and "understudy". Emporer is one crazy fool to take on the jedi.

Captain REX
You're a Junkie now Member. smile

In the EU book about the training of Darth Maul, after some extremely grueling thing that Maul went through, he had to duel with his master, meaning Sidious whipped out his lightsaber. Maul bit him. big grin

Also another ROTJ version thingy, Luke tries to push the Lightning away in one version.

master harmax
Hey there Cap.Rex. ... long time no see ... smile

Captain REX
Howdy Harmax. Same to you. I haven't popped in here very much...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.