The Flood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peoples chump
Some people seem to think that the flood should not be included in halo 3. I personally can't get enough of shotgunning the little buggersbig grin I would like to hear your views on the subject

hotsauce6548
I think they're cool to kill in the masses. cool

Smasandian
I hate them.

They made the first Halo boring as hell. First, the game was really fun until they came out, and afterwords bogged down the gameplay to simplistic terms.
Havnt played the second, but in the first, the Library level is gotta to be the worst level design in the history of games. ( therse worst I know, but considering people say Halo is the best FPS game out there, its inexcusable.

Peoples chump
I don't think they made it boring. if the game just continued humans vs covies that would have got repetitive the flood was a necessary third element to change the game half way through to keep it exciting. Although I never get tired of watching grunts run and scream with a plasma grenade on there head GOD BLESS THE GRUNTS! laughing

Tru_Slice
Did you guys even get the story of Halo?

The Flood are the real enemy.

Master Cheif united with the Arbiter and helped destroy them.

I'm thinking that in Halo3, they will conduct a truce to rid the galaxy of The Flood.

Peoples chump
Interesting, theory but I seriously do not think that the covenent (or what remains of it after the elites grunts and hunters gone) will just make a truce with the united MC and arbiter

Smasandian
Originally posted by Peoples chump
I don't think they made it boring. if the game just continued humans vs covies that would have got repetitive the flood was a necessary third element to change the game half way through to keep it exciting. Although I never get tired of watching grunts run and scream with a plasma grenade on there head GOD BLESS THE GRUNTS! laughing

True.
But they're is other ways in making the game alot better without the Flood.
Or if the Flood have to be in it, do it different. The way it was implented made it boring as hell. But considering, the level design in that game was utter shit, the Flood made it unbearable. Really, did anybody have any fun after you found the Flood, and also the Library level.
I admit that the events leading the first ecounter were pretty fun (the rements of a battle, the visor thing), but after the initial shock, it got boring.

And really, who cares about the story. Its a videogame, it needs to be fun.
And the Flood wasnt fun.

StinkFist462
the Library is pretty much the only reason why i play Halo 1.

Nactous
Originally posted by Smasandian
I hate them.

They made the first Halo boring as hell. First, the game was really fun until they came out, and afterwords bogged down the gameplay to simplistic terms.
Havnt played the second, but in the first, the Library level is gotta to be the worst level design in the history of games. ( therse worst I know, but considering people say Halo is the best FPS game out there, its inexcusable.
Sorry to tell you this, but the Liabray is back in 2.

Smasandian
Oh god.
That's the worst level ever made. oh god.

I dont care if you liked it. But it still the worst level design.
Every corridor looks the same, the layout is the same, and to top it off, the same bloody boring as enemies consistently go at you.

hotsauce6548
Seeing as the Flood are necessary to the story, they won't be going anywhere soon.

I wonder if the Arbiter will make a truce with the humans, and command Elites, Grunts, and Jackals?

DarkC
The Flood are fun to fight against. I had a crazy claw-like grip on the controller when I was playing against them in Heroic mode.

WindDancer
For me is a hate/love relationship with the flood. I love to blast them away with the shoutgun. But I hate it when the swarm you and attack you. Is hard to keep up....

DarkC
Running out of ammo when two carriers and several combat forms are about to whack you really sucks.

SaTsuJiN
Its nice that the flood are a part of the story... but at least give them different forms of intellegence.. make some stupid.. make some really cunning.. even give them different looks.. as they constantly mutate their host...

as it currently stands, the flood are just another excuse for 6 extra levels

DarkC
I think arming them with rocket launchers was intense enough. erm

Snoopbert
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Its nice that the flood are a part of the story... but at least give them different forms of intellegence.. make some stupid.. make some really cunning.. even give them different looks.. as they constantly mutate their host...

as it currently stands, the flood are just another excuse for 6 extra levels *sigh* some people just can't appreciate the depth they add.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Snoopbert
*sigh* some people just can't appreciate the depth they add. There is much difference between depth and spam...
in halo 2 they 'attempted' to add them into the fray in unique ways.. such as the flood-piloted human dropship.. but in actuality when you break it down.. its just another flood level with no ingenuity.. first halo gave them a nice creep factor.. but after the library level, the flood were just another reason to pull the trigger carelessly

the type of flood I would enjoy, would be flood that have made use of their hosts intelligence.. and employ squad-like tactics to take you out.. maybe even cloaked flood with a plasma sword.. totally new types of flood wouldnt hurt either..

DarkC
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
There is much difference between depth and spam...
in halo 2 they 'attempted' to add them into the fray in unique ways.. such as the flood-piloted human dropship.. but in actuality when you break it down.. its just another flood level with no ingenuity.. first halo gave them a nice creep factor.. but after the library level, the flood were just another reason to pull the trigger carelessly

the type of flood I would enjoy, would be flood that have made use of their hosts intelligence.. and employ squad-like tactics to take you out.. maybe even cloaked flood with a plasma sword.. totally new types of flood wouldnt hurt either..
No, that would just be fighting Elites. The Flood are near-mindless, they're hardly controlled. They have barely enough intelligence to weild weapons. What makes you think that they have enough brains to think for themselves and even more, form tactical assaults?

SaTsuJiN
because they now have the brains of their host to do whatever they wish..not just perform motor functions.. its not too obserd for them to become smart after all that 'merging'

those were just some ideas.. they could also make floods that just go around picking up peices of 'dead' flood and making a flood with entirely random attributes

DarkC
You didn't think giving them ability to pilot vehicles was enough. no expression

StinkFist462
the flood in halo 2 were annoying. i really didnt like them. in halo 1 they were pretty cool, still annoying after a few levels, but still pretty cool. on that one level in halo 2 where you are the arbiter and he says something about the flood. the first thing that came to mind was "god dammit, f'ing flood". i really cant stand them in halo 2.

SaTsuJiN
no my favorite are the corny environmental cues.. *sees green funk floating around.. few dead bodies* "Gee.. I wonder what happened here.... looks like they were researching...'something'.."

at this point I'm just staring at the screen like no expression

however.. if I have to give them credit somewhere..
it would be that the mere mention of having to fight flood pisses me off

Tru_Slice
Originally posted by Smasandian
Oh god.
That's the worst level ever made. oh god.

I dont care if you liked it. But it still the worst level design.
Every corridor looks the same, the layout is the same, and to top it off, the same bloody boring as enemies consistently go at you.

Yeah, kinda like a REAL library...

DarkC
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Yeah, kinda like a REAL library...
That was the real library.

I'd rather have the flood like battling them for the first time. After Chief drops the helmet and the action begins, you're like, "Uh oh."

Next Venom_girl
I like blowing up the carrier forms--KA-BOOM!!!

K1ll3r
The flood was awesome, its you verses the masses upon masses of flood they just keep swarming until you run out of ammo and your like oh sh*t!! then you go to melee and die oh yea. The only downside to the flood is it gets boring after doing that 50 times.

The flood get smart enough in halo 2 what controlling vehicles and all geez what more do you want?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.