Human Torch vs. Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderman
censoredThey both have a chance to get charged up. Now first everyone may say Torch's nova flame. But Storm is gonna unleash a hurricane and lightning and I bet the lightning hits the Torch.
We've seen Torch go down with a hose so what do you think.
Oh and Storm owes him for when he burned her arm.

Metalmanx
Well, when he's all fired-up (no pun intended), he gains increased durability to my knowledge.

Actually, before I continue...I don't really know who would win.

powerfulone1987
STORM WOULD WIN! ALL THE TIME, ANYTIME, EVERYTIME!

I know yall were waiting for it.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
STORM WOULD WIN! ALL THE TIME, ANYTIME, EVERYTIME!

I know yall were waiting for it.

Err...yes...that's it. We were all just waiting for that... confused

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wynndar
wasnt there another one of these?

Wonderman
Storm strolls down past the plaza and Johnny puts his move on her.
"Nice day, huh Ms. Monroe?"
Storm takes it as an insult as she takes everything else and out of her eyes summons the lightning to strike Johnny dead.
"Hmmp. That's what you get for using my name."

Wynndar
u cant blame him for trying though.

DarkCrawler
"FLAME ON!"

Human Torch uses all of his power to go supernova!

But Chris Claremont is writing the match!

Using one of the twenty-eight new powers she has gained over the last ten minutes, Storm bends the sun's rays to reflect the power back to Human Torch, WHILE manipulating his brainwaves with the power of electricity to make him vulnerable to fire, killing Human Torch!

And she was also reading a book, flying backwards, creating hurricanes that can rotate with the speed of light, dodging bullets and drinking a cup of coffee at the same time, since she seems to have gotten another new power, ability to multitask at computer speeds using the power lighting and affecting her brain synapses to go with the speed of light.

Wonderman
Well she is a mutant

Pointinel
LOL @ Darkcrawler

who else has written her better than CC? seriously tho

Chris is struggling, but hell get his "fastball" back.

CC >>> byrne

Pointinel
Originally posted by Wonderman
Well she is a mutant

dude, no offense, but you bring the ugliest pics to the table

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Pointinel

who else has written her better than CC? seriously tho

Nobody.

But she really is being made too powerful these days. Like so many of the X-Men.

Pointinel
that's bound to happen cause total control of the weather gives her huuuuuuuuuge potential

Pointinel
no beef tho

here

DarkCrawler
Yeah...but...sun rays? I'm still not positive about that.

Or seeing everything around her in electricity or something...

What about that heart attack thing?

I don't resent Storm, though. From all X-Women, she has always been my favorite.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Pointinel
no beef tho

here

He's a pimp. big grin

willRules
These two fought in the contest of champions 2. Storm won but only because to beat her, jonny would have to go supernove but he didn't want to kill her so he let her win..............

K3VIL
Johnny doesn't need to go supernova to beat her.
Contest of Champion was one of the major comic book issues ever made.
Torch nowdays can keep his flame on underwater as well as in space for brief time, he can laugh off winds and so, and kill her with major ease.
He outclass her in experience, power, and durability, I don't know about the flight speed, I've always tough Torch's speed while in air depends on how much plasma he release to propel himself

Wonderman
A pimp. Me?? Well i don't provide coffins...soo go ahead and bury yourself. lol
But really who is more powerful Torch or Storm. Both are contact powers that be.
Torch seems a bit more fury like but when you think about it that's only a mental pic of what flame will do to a guy.
Ever think of what a tornado being formed in your anus would do to you?

life is cruell
Yeah I made one of this thread when i first joined and I still say johnny would win.

GalacticStorm
Storm all the way. Johnnys durability is human just like storms. Hes in just as much danger as her. Storms versatility and wide range of influence takes this. Johnny cant stay Nova in a monsoon specifically directed at him and he wouldnt be able to stay airborne. A lightning bolt would take him out.

life is cruell
I agree with metal man that when hes flamed on he can take a bit more not that it would make the difference in this particular fight. Torch can increase his intensity so that winds and rains aren't going to extinquish him.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by life is cruell
I agree with metal man that when hes flamed on he can take a bit more not that it would make the difference in this particular fight. Torch can increase his intensity so that winds and rains aren't going to extinquish him.

He hasnt been shown to be capable of staying flamed on (for the amount of time he'd need to in ) in the conditions storm will inflict on him with a thought. Sorry to put down your your baby but storm takes him down with a monsoon. big grin

GalacticStorm
His durability is human. Storms body can take the conditions her powers place on her body but that doesnt make her have anything other than human durability. Same with Johnny and virtually every high level energy wielder

Swanky-Tuna
It's only a matter of time before he can stay flamed on when he's under water. Then he will be truely badass.

life is cruell
Storm affects weather instantaneously but i doubt she can create affects like a hurricane at an istant. It takes seconds for her weather effects to gain strength.

Sure she can create gusts instantly but it takes seconds for them to build stregth. In one issue of x-men storm was usings gusts of wind against a tank. There was three panels one of her psionically manipulating the weather, the next of the tank shaking a little and the third with the tank on its feet.

Wynndar
It might work...depends on how intense Torch's flame is. If he protects himself though, like he did against Graviton, no level of wind or air manipulation is going to take away his flame.

Any kind of flame attack will babdly hurt Storm

Torch can absorb most energy attacks to increase his own flame i.e. he has absorbed energy from power lines

Torch's manueverability is far far far superior to Storms, he is one of the most precise/fast flgith guys on Marvel Earth

stormfront13
Originally posted by Wynndar
It might work...depends on how intense Torch's flame is. If he protects himself though, like he did against Graviton, no level of wind or air manipulation is going to take away his flame.

Any kind of flame attack will babdly hurt Storm

Torch can absorb most energy attacks to increase his own flame i.e. he has absorbed energy from power lines

Torch's manueverability is far far far superior to Storms, he is one of the most precise/fast flgith guys on Marvel Earth

and any kind of lghtning attack will badly hurt johnny. lightning moves at 60,000 miles per SECOND, he can't dodge it. he could have won the fight in coc 2 without killing her, yet he didn't. and kevil, try to get your facts straight, storm has just recently snuffed torches flame, with one flick of her wrist.

Metalmanx
So...if Johnny were to go Nova, reaching 1,000,000 degrees F, you (GalacticStorm and StormFront) believe that Storm can snuff out his flames?

Flames hotter than the sun? As hot as a star going nova? No. Not even with a monsoon directed at him. His flames will instantly evaporate any water sent his way at such extreme temperatures.

I'm giving this to Johnny 8/10.

life is cruell
He wouldnt need to get anywhere near that level i think surface of the sun will be enough to evaporate anywater coming his way. And if what wyndarr is saying is true that lightning bolt would put him down.

Wynndar
Yes he has absorbed all kinds of energy attacks, this is why I know for a fact that Cyclops could do absolutely nothing to Torch. He has used power lines to jump start his powers when he was weakened. The problem is, when he's with his team, taking on too much energy might cause him to roast anyone near him. He has nothing to worry about in a one on one scenerio though.

The power of a tornado, hurricane, monsoon is very impressive. It may tear up cars and buildings. But Torch's hottest flame has burn stright through the Earth, into the core, and caused the planet to expand. A monsoon isnt stopping that. His flame has been considered powerful enough to destroy a moon and vaporize a hemisphere. Im not talking about his lower level yellow flame he uses against bank robbers...of course his lowest level will lose against Storm going all out. But Storm is utterly vulnerable to anything the Torch does. Regardless of how fast her winds and lightning are, Torch is one of the top flyers on Earth. He's dodged attacks from cosmics and robots and everything else out there, Storm will have trouble just keeping her eyes on him if he wants. Then again he could always make a dozen flame copies of himself....she could hit those with lightning all she wants and they will still smoke her.

xmarksthespot
Lightning doesn't reach temperatures required to hurt him. So there'd be no heat damage. I'm not sure about electrical damage though but assuming he can absorb it then thats one option gone.

Wynndar
I dont think anyone can produce the kinds of temperatures that would hurt him.

Swanky-Tuna
Yes he has absorbed all kinds of energy attacks, this is why I know for a fact that Cyclops could do absolutely nothing to Torch. He has used power lines to jump start his powers when he was weakened. The problem is, when he's with his team, taking on too much energy might cause him to roast anyone near him. He has nothing to worry about in a one on one scenerio though.
This information is very interesting.

Wynndar
I use the Blastaar example for Cyclops; Blastaar has the same powers as Cyclops he's just way more powerful and fires blast through his hands. When he hits torch it does nothing but cause his powers to leap up to the white hot level flame.

GalacticStorm
Theres a major difference between absorbing energy voluntarily at a rate you can handle and having it shoved down your throat by someone out to kill you. Johnny can absorb other energy but he's rarely done it and it required effort. In a battle situation with Storm barraging him with lightning its completely different. It takes Johnny a while to get Nova before then Storm will have snuffed out his initial flames and her wind andrain will greatly hamper his flying abilities or even easily restrain him whilst a barrage of lightning will finish the job.

Storm can absorb electrical energy from external sources and her body is resistant to the extremes of temperature that can occur in an earth like atmosphere, however she still has human durability. Just like Johnny does.

A monsoon can not only greatly hamper his ability to flame on but the wind itself can restrain him and leave him a sitting duck just like in CoC. A barrage of lightning would do the trick or Storm could use the monsoon winds to batter him senseless. Propelled at 300 mph into the side of a skyscraper would result in a very dead Johnny.

xmarksthespot
Storm's body heats up and cools down to compensate for the temperatures she creates. I remember in the Arctic cold her body overheated.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Storm's body heats up and cools down to compensate for the temperatures she creates. I remember in the Arctic cold her body overheated.

One instance and i can post scans of her walking around in a skimpy costume claiming she never gets cold whilst everyone else is draped in fur.

Either way both of them have human durability. It takes time for Johnny to go nova a dramatically longer time than it would take for Storm to slam him into a chosen part of the scenery.

Swanky-Tuna
What would happen if she put her hand in a barbeque pit? Like right under the burgers and weiners, juices dripping on her arm and everything.

xmarksthespot
She'd get burnt. Your point?

Swanky-Tuna
Just making sure.

What if there were steaks on the grill instead though?

GalacticStorm
She'd get burnt.

Indeed laughing out loud

Either way her abilities can neutralise Johnnys low level attacks, greatly hamper the mid level ones and he'd be dead before he could unleash a nova blast. One slam into the side fo a building and he's down for the count.

xmarksthespot
I contest her having enough resistance to temperatures that she wouldn't be hurt by any base level flames.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Indeed laughing out loud

Either way her abilities can neutralise Johnnys low level attacks, greatly hamper the mid level ones and he'd be dead before he could unleash a nova blast. One slam into the side fo a building and he's down for the count.
If a grill with only burgers and weiners will burn her then her weather resistance would barely cover low level flame attacks.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
If a grill with only burgers and weiners will burn her then her weather resistance would barely cover low level flame attacks.

Considering the flame and heat based attacks Storm has been shown to be able to neutralise with her powers in the past. Incorrect.

Swanky-Tuna
You both just agreed that a barbeque pit would burn her...

xmarksthespot
The base level flames are 1000s of degrees in temperature on a Kelvin scale. So I highly doubt Storm isn't getting burnt.

GalacticStorm
Im talking about neutralising it as its travelling through the air with monsoon conditions, not using her powers to make her body resistant to it. What are you going on about people?!! lol

Swanky-Tuna
Well, we were just talking about her physical temperature resistance.

Plus I said her weather resistance would barely cover low level flame attacks and you disagreed.

What'd you think I was talking about? Burgers and weiners? You're friggen crazy.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Well, we were just talking about her physical temperature resistance.

Plus I said her weather resistance would barely cover low level flame attacks and you disagreed.

What'd you think I was talking about? Burgers and weiners? You're friggen crazy.

Yeah but the only reason i brought up the physical temperature thing in the first place was to show you that despite that she just like Johnny had human durability.

It was you who went off on one talking about if her body would be able to resist his attacks when i made no such mention of that.

Get it together mate. Come on. wink

Swanky-Tuna
It all comes down to one person talking about one thing and the other talking about something else and they meet at confusion. Like in the comedy shows.

Wynndar
Indeed laughing out loud

Slammed into a building? come on GS....common sense should tell u that if he can fly right through stone or steel without slowing down why should he suddenly be incapable of melting a building.

Additionally, he doesnt need time to warm up to Nova flame. He takes a couple moments to do an omnidirectional Supernova...but he can direct his Nova flame just as easily as any other.

Wynndar
Theres a major difference between absorbing energy voluntarily at a rate you can handle and having it shoved down your throat by someone out to kill you. Johnny can absorb other energy but he's rarely done it and it required effort. In a battle situation with Storm barraging him with lightning its completely different. It takes Johnny a while to get Nova before then Storm will have snuffed out his initial flames and her wind andrain will greatly hamper his flying abilities or even easily restrain him whilst a barrage of lightning will finish the job.

Storm can absorb electrical energy from external sources and her body is resistant to the extremes of temperature that can occur in an earth like atmosphere, however she still has human durability. Just like Johnny does.

A monsoon can not only greatly hamper his ability to flame on but the wind itself can restrain him and leave him a sitting duck just like in CoC. A barrage of lightning would do the trick or Storm could use the monsoon winds to batter him senseless. Propelled at 300 mph into the side of a skyscraper would result in a very dead Johnny.

Umm...didn't I just use the Blastaar example? U think a bloodthirsty murderous bastard like Blastaar gives Torch energy at a friendly pace? No, his energy absorbtion isnt even an active thing, it happens passively and automatically.

K3VIL
Torch can absorb energy attacks actually.
He managed to absorb energy from the Negative Zone saving New York and granting the FF4 to come back through the Gideon Found interdimensional portal.
Lightnings compared to vast amounts of extradimensional energy are nothing.

GalacticStorm
Slammed into a building? come on GS....common sense should tell u that if he can fly right through stone or steel without slowing down why should he suddenly be incapable of melting a building.

Additionally, he doesnt need time to warm up to Nova flame. He takes a couple moments to do an omnidirectional Supernova...but he can direct his Nova flame just as easily as any other.

With his powers hampered by Storms elemental assault a slam into a skyscraper is still a slam for Johhny. Ive seen his powers het snuffed out too many times even in recent history for you to tell me that his powers wouldnt be hampered.

GalacticStorm
Umm...didn't I just use the Blastaar example? U think a bloodthirsty murderous bastard like Blastaar gives Torch energy at a friendly pace? No, his energy absorbtion isnt even an active thing, it happens passively and automatically.

Yes im aware of it and he does so with effort its certainly not an easy process for him. Storms powers can neutralise his low level attacks, hamper his medium level and hurricane a slam into the surrounding scenery will halt the progression of the battle.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by K3VIL
Torch can absorb energy attacks actually.
He managed to absorb energy from the Negative Zone saving New York and granting the FF4 to come back through the Gideon Found interdimensional portal.
Lightnings compared to vast amounts of extradimensional energy are nothing.

Daym.

Maybe I should make Respect Human Torch thread...

Wynndar
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Daym.

Maybe I should make Respect Human Torch thread...

Yes indeed. He has a lot of low showing cuz he has to be the most responsible with his power...he can generally only use an extremely minute fraction of it in his regular battles.

Yes im aware of it and he does so with effort its certainly not an easy process for him. Storms powers can neutralise his low level attacks, hamper his medium level and hurricane a slam into the surrounding scenery will halt the progression of the battle.

Show me an example when he required effort? Against Blastaar it didnt require effort, it was automatic...where are u getting that it requires effort on his part?

GalacticStorm

Show me an example when he required effort? Against Blastaar it didnt require effort, it was automatic...where are u getting that it requires effort on his part?

From his latest bio

DarkCrawler
From his latest bio

So, still going by bios, not comics? big grin

Wynndar
what did it say in his bio?

Mindship
Lemme see, which is bigger, stronger, more powerful?

Hurricane: severe atmospheric disturbance which occurs within a confined region of the Earth's atmosphere (ie, doesnt even come close to affecting the whole planet).

Nova: when a star (a whole star!)shines so bright it puts out several times its normal level of energy (and God help any planet too close to one).

This may take me a while... beer

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mindship
Lemme see, which is bigger, stronger, more powerful?

Hurricane: severe atmospheric disturbance which occurs within a confined region of the Earth's atmosphere (ie, doesnt even come close to affecting the whole planet).

Nova: when a star (a whole star!)shines so bright it puts out several times its normal level of energy (and God help any planet too close to one).

This may take me a while... beer

Because Johnnys the functional equivalent of a star isnt he? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wynndar
yep...And it actually takes Storm way way longer to summon a hurricane than it takes Torch to go Nova. This pro-Storm argument is pretty one sided.

GalacticStorm
yep...And it actually takes Storm way way longer to summon a hurricane than it takes Torch to go Nova. This pro-Storm argument is pretty one sided.

How does it take Storm longer to create a hurricane than it takes Johnny to build up to Nova levels? Not at all. A hurricane is formed in seconds, however a hurricane gust can be generated just like that

Wynndar
And he can go Supernova in seconds as well. His nova flame is summoned just as easily as his lower level flame. But if he went around using Nova flame all the time he would have melted Manhattan already and murdered dozens of villains. When Torch took on Lyja, Paibok, and Devos all at once he saw he was losing the fight and went Nova in the time it took Devos to say one sentence...obliterating Empire State University! By the way, Lyja was a functional member of the F4, pretty powerful chick. Paibok is more powerful than the Super Skrull, has the powers of Electro, Iceman, and class 75 strength at least, and Devos took on the whole Skrull throneworld...a little more impressive than fighting Storm, Torch still took them on.

Wonderman
If Storm can protect herself inside a hurricane while Johnny SuperNova's then shell own this fight. It leaves him wasted. That's why he can't go around using it.

Wynndar
U realize his Nova flame has gone through the planet right? Hurricane isnt stopping sh!t.

GalacticStorm
Hurricane isnt stopping sh!t.

Yeah? confused

RESTRAINED!!! eek! laughing out loud

: http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8244/dsc000379jf.jpg

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/6136/dsc000385lh.jpg

Juntai
Looks like he got back up and was about to kill her?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Juntai
Looks like he got back up and was about to kill her? That's what I thought too. He's basically saying: "I could kill her, but I won't."

GalacticStorm
That's what I thought too. He's basically saying: "I could kill her, but I won't."

He is saying that youre right but shes there restraining him and he's virtually helpless. The only way for him to get the upper hand was for him to use his most powerful attack to kill her. Thats what he has to resort to while shes just restraining him for the sake of the contest.

Look how helpless she had him. If she wanted to she could have struck with lightning or dropped a building on him to kill instead of trap him.

Luckily for him storm is against killing. wink

Mindship
I wuz just thinkin'...

As far as I know, Storm has no particular level of enhanced durability, epidermally speaking. Johnny could simply superheat the very wind Storm was raising and use her own weapon against her.

He doesn't have to "nova up" to 1,000,000 degrees to do that. 1/10th or even 1/100th that would be far more than enough to thoroughly vaporize any material - solid, liquid, or air - which might be found on sweet planet Earth (10,000o is the surface of the sun, btw). He's a good lad for restrainin' himself now, he is.

As for lightning: bolt temperature is about 50,000o...again easily exceeded by what the Torch can do.

I imagine that in this contest, much would depend on who strikes first...and, of course, on what the writers are drinking at the time.

Of course, if Batman could flame on...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mindship
I wuz just thinkin'...

As far as I know, Storm has no particular level of enhanced durability, epidermally speaking. Johnny could simply superheat the very wind Storm was raising and use her own weapon against her.

He doesn't have to "nova up" to 1,000,000 degrees to do that. 1/10th or even 1/100th that would be far more than enough to thoroughly vaporize any material - solid, liquid, or air - which might be found on sweet planet Earth (10,000o is the surface of the sun, btw). He's a good lad for restrainin' himself now, he is.

As for lightning: bolt temperature is about 50,000o...again easily exceeded by what the Torch can do.

I imagine that in this contest, much would depend on who strikes first...and, of course, on what the writers are drinking at the time.

Of course, if Batman could flame on...

It really is down to who strikes first to be honest as theyre both of human durability.

I just believe that because of the variety and range of storms powers that she would win.

His ability to heat up the air like that would be hampered by storm abilities to craete a monsoon. Also him heating up the air around him, just how wide reaching do you think that effect will be? Whats to stop her flying away? Also as you've seen in the scans he can be snuffed out temporarily and she has the ability to easily put him at her mercy.

Metalmanx
Yeah? confused

RESTRAINED!!! eek! laughing out loud

: http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8244/dsc000379jf.jpg

http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/6136/dsc000385lh.jpg

Now after seeing that picture, I'm even more convinced that Human Torch can and will defeat Storm.

First, that wind totally caught him off guard. He even says it.

If a strong wind blows at you and you're not ready, it pushes you over. And then you'll try to regain your balance but the momentum is too great already. She had him stuck in that momentum since he was caught off guard.

Then he CLEARLY says he can fry the hell out of her. And it's obvious that he can. He just didn't do it since he didn't want to kill her. Honestly, I think Storm knew that. Look at the smug smile on her face. She was clearly taking advantage of that fact. If she thought that he would actually do it, she would've been scared as hell.

Torch can easily beat her with 1/100 of his flame's power.

Human Torch 8/10.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Now after seeing that picture, I'm even more convinced that Human Torch can and will defeat Storm.

First, that wind totally caught him off guard. He even says it.

If a strong wind blows at you and you're not ready, it pushes you over. And then you'll try to regain your balance but the momentum is too great already. She had him stuck in that momentum since he was caught off guard.

Then he CLEARLY says he can fry the hell out of her. And it's obvious that he can. He just didn't do it since he didn't want to kill her. Honestly, I think Storm knew that. Look at the smug smile on her face. She was clearly taking advantage of that fact. If she thought that he would actually do it, she would've been scared as hell.

Torch can easily beat her with 1/100 of his flame's power.

Human Torch 8/10.

Thats poor logic. That scan shows that she can easily restrain him and shows that in the conditions she can bring about only his most powerful attacks have a hope of reaching her and being effective. Attacks which HT cant pull off instantly.

People keep saying that oh torch says he can kill her if he wanted to but if storm was in it to kill then she could easily kill him to. Look how easily she had him at her mercy. She could have killed him at any point but instead only intended to restrain him because killing him was against her nature. Johnny was going to take advantage of this fact and then felt ashamed at himself for even considering it. Especially in light of the fact that it was just a friendly competition and also that she never chose to go to those lengths even though its quite clear she too could hav equite easily killed him. Remember he has human durability as well.

life is cruell
How does it take Storm longer to create a hurricane than it takes Johnny to build up to Nova levels? Not at all. A hurricane is formed in seconds, however a hurricane gust can be generated just like that

I stated earlier in and issue of x-men it took three panels for her winds to gain sufficient strength. Johnny is always shownflamethrowing instantly.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by life is cruell
I stated earlier in and issue of x-men it took three panels for her winds to gain sufficient strength. Johnny is always shownflamethrowing instantly.

Thats one instance and you havent stated what comic it was from. For all i know its from the 70's.

Hurricanes take seconds to reach full power a hurricane gust can be pulled off just like that.

Johnny may be able to pull off a flame blasts virtually instantaneously but the same goes for storms lightning bolts or low to medium level localised weather effects.

life is cruell
I'll go and check it was old but not very very old.

yahman
How can sum one, who can change his body to over 1 million degrees, have 'Human durability'? confused

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by yahman
How can sum one, who can change his body to over 1 million degrees, have 'Human durability'? confused

Umm when that persons body is still vulnerable to things normal humans are such as bullets, knives a good hurricane force slam eek!

He's resistant to heat based attacks because that is what his power is based on but other than that his durability is very human.

life is cruell
Its was uncnny 353 or 363 i assume its from the 90's is there i way i can check?

soleran30
Hmm all he should really have to do to beat storm is super heat the air around her........even if the wind blows around her the flames would be lickin her stormy rear end

K3VIL
Umm when that persons body is still vulnerable to things normal humans are such as bullets, knives a good hurricane force slam eek!

He's resistant to heat based attacks because that is what his power is based on but other than that his durability is very human.
Wrong.
He has above human level durability.
Not only heat based attacks, he can take and absorb energy ones as well, and he has took blows from superstrong guys and survived.

DarkCrawler

Nope, you are wrong.

Human Torch has increased durability. He has taken shots from Terminus (Class 100, perhaps somewhat weakened in the incarnation in those pictures). He was paralyzed, but he did not die. He was not even knocked out, just incabaple of moving.

These pictures shows well how durable he is, and how fast he can make his flame to solar intensity and how fast he can vaporize everything coming at him.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1879/humantorchfeat11ic.th.gif
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/5807/humantorchfeat29og.th.gif
It took perhaps five minutes for him to recover from that.

Check out these too, he knows what he is doing.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/7163/humantorchfeat35cj.th.gif
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2513/humantorchfeat40dy.th.gif

Keeps up with Surfer in terms of flying:

http://x10.putfile.com/10/28514232963-thumb.gif

More about how he can melt things VERY fast.

http://x10.putfile.com/10/28514250248.gif

I am going to post more later.

DarkCrawler
This one is nifty little trick too:

http://x10.putfile.com/10/28514281314.gif

Wynndar
Wow....It feels weird that Im not the only person backing up an F4 character against an X-Man.

But yea...good posts and scans.

RESPECT HUMAN TORCH!

K3VIL
At the moment I don't want to go searching for the comics but I can make a list of Torch feats guys, and Wynndar, it's good to debate on the same side.
-Durability:
Human Torch has taken punches from strong guys like Terminus, Thing himself, Super Skrull, Namor.

-Flight Speed:
Torch is able to achieve more than 140 mph like reported on the expired infos of marvel directory.He can reach Earth's atmosphere considerably fast, and he has outmatched object like missiles and energy blasts.

-Energy Absorption:
I never mind Torch could do something like that until I saw it, the Gideon Found base was being abandoned from his employers and the portal to the N-Zone was reaching critical mass, which would result into bye bye New York, Johnny told to Ant-Man, Namorita and She-Hulk to get out, and absorbed all the energy and contained it until the rest of the F4 pass through the portal.The N-Zone energy somehow reacted to the cosmical radiation which imbued Torch body and granted him his powers, boosting them up to the point he couldn't turn off the flame and needed a special costume cause his power levels were off the charts.

-Strenght
Tough he hasn't feats like lifting huge objects, Torch has throwed down into melee fight with the Super Skrull while he and Spidey were trying to stop him, showing his own pretty well.
With normal human strenght and durability he would have been out early in the fight.Spidey himself sayed during that fight Torch was a force unleashed.

Swanky-Tuna
Sweet Zombie Jesus, Human Torch rocks.

Wynndar
He also went toe to toe with Namor in a fist fight an issue or two before absorbing that negative portal energy. He didnt beat him of course, but She-Hulk showed up and knocked Namor the F-Out.

powerfulone1987
Storm wins.

Metalmanx
I'm honestly still undecided here. Both have been shown to be able to beat the other.

I'm giving this a 5/10 for both of them.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by K3VIL
At the moment I don't want to go searching for the comics but I can make a list of Torch feats guys, and Wynndar, it's good to debate on the same side.
-Durability:
Human Torch has taken punches from strong guys like Terminus, Thing himself, Super Skrull, Namor.

-Flight Speed:
Torch is able to achieve more than 140 mph like reported on the expired infos of marvel directory.He can reach Earth's atmosphere considerably fast, and he has outmatched object like missiles and energy blasts.

-Energy Absorption:
I never mind Torch could do something like that until I saw it, the Gideon Found base was being abandoned from his employers and the portal to the N-Zone was reaching critical mass, which would result into bye bye New York, Johnny told to Ant-Man, Namorita and She-Hulk to get out, and absorbed all the energy and contained it until the rest of the F4 pass through the portal.The N-Zone energy somehow reacted to the cosmical radiation which imbued Torch body and granted him his powers, boosting them up to the point he couldn't turn off the flame and needed a special costume cause his power levels were off the charts.

-Strenght
Tough he hasn't feats like lifting huge objects, Torch has throwed down into melee fight with the Super Skrull while he and Spidey were trying to stop him, showing his own pretty well.
With normal human strenght and durability he would have been out early in the fight.Spidey himself sayed during that fight Torch was a force unleashed.

Would you happen to have the issue numbers for those feats?

I am making a Respect Human Torch thread. smile

BAH! mad

Wynndar
Oh Namor was going crazy from some polution or something typical of him...thats why he was fighting the torch to begin with. Still Torch was going hand to hand against him...obviously Torch could flash fry his ass but he knew something was wrong with him so he went non-lethal.

DarkCrawler
Oh Namor was going crazy from some polution or something typical of him...thats why he was fighting the torch to begin with. Still Torch was going hand to hand against him...obviously Torch could flash fry his ass but he knew something was wrong with him so he went non-lethal.

Yeah...

DarkCrawler
Well, well, look at this.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/28609510758.gif&s=x2

And this was when he was not as powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.