Playstation 3 Release and Technical Details

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Click here..............

www.ps3land.com/faq.php

papabeard
Question : If I bought an american PS3 would I be able to play it using a british TV?

Ken Kenobi
First off, all of this is old news.

Secondly...you should be able to, as far as I know it's only the electrical outlets that are different.

papabeard
I know its old news but this makes it easy for people to find.

Cheers.

Ken Kenobi
Yes, but there are already threads for the PS3 Specs and F.A.Q.'s

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

Secondly...you should be able to, as far as I know it's only the electrical outlets that are different.

Also the voltages.

Ken Kenobi
Meh, I didn't know.

Which is why I'm not an electrician. yes

Victor Von Doom
Thankfully...

JKozzy
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

Secondly...you should be able to, as far as I know it's only the electrical outlets that are different. No. He needs an NTSC television. British TVs are PAL. It is impossible to use an American PS3 on a British TV.

Tru_Slice
I'm sure that they'll have European wires when the PS3 comes out...whenever that is, hell, we don't even know what the status is in America!

JKozzy
The wires don't matter, it's the physical makeup. There will be a European-specific unit, though I hear it's much more expensive over in Europe.

Tru_Slice
Why don't you guys make up your own system? America has Xbox, Japan has PS3,...Europe...?

crazy_shadow
the outlets and the volts are a big watch for, my friend from britian brought his ps2 over and was telling me he couldnt put it in because the volts were too low here -.-

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Why don't you guys make up your own system? America has Xbox, Japan has PS3,...Europe...? euro box eek!

Tru_Slice
Gizmondo! eek!

(Oh, wait. That was real and it sucked.) thumb down

crazy_shadow
*got confused*

Tru_Slice
(*sigh*)

This thing:

crazy_shadow
ROFL omg i've seen that thing before..atleast i think its the same thing, friend mason had one......yeah it does suck -.-

JKozzy
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
the outlets and the volts are a big watch for, my friend from britian brought his ps2 over and was telling me he couldnt put it in because the volts were too low here -.- Voltage and TV type. NTSC and PAL is also a huge issue, even if you get voltage to work, quite hard, if not impossible for some, to do the hookup.

papabeard
Yeah, its almost twice the price here in europe thats why i was asking, because I could get a US PS3 and an NTSC tv and still it would be cheaper than a PS3 in europe

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by JKozzy
No. He needs an NTSC television. British TVs are PAL. It is impossible to use an American PS3 on a British TV.

Once again, this is why I'm not an electrician.

Tru_Slice
Well, why don't you do that then?

papabeard
Ugly ass control pad for the ps3, it looks like the own brand controllers GAME used to sell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.