from a certain point of view

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LaurenE147
Liam was indeed in AOTC. When Yoda is teaching the younglings and he tells a boy to close the shades, he addresses him as Liam .

So you see, what they told us was true. From a certain point of view.

LaurenE147
Sorry I meant to post this in the Episode II forum.

Emperor Helmet
His(The real Liam) voice is also heard in the film

yerssot
they did ask if Liam NEESON was in the movie stick out tongue

Ushgarak
And they said that he WASN'T, so it doesn't work anyway.

Hett
that neesan dude wasn't in the movie like they said, his voice was though stick out tongue

Emperor Helmet
They lied.

Hett
nope dope, he wasn't in the movie physically, his voice was though

Dexx
Liam's voice was heard...Qui Gon's was not......there, that settles it smile

Mujaffa
i think i saw a documentary about star wars and Liam wasn't sure if he was casting or just record in some voice

Emperor Helmet
So I guess all the characters that just do voices like JEJ aren't really in the film.

Gundark
I would have preferred to see Qui Gon in ghost form as he is one of my favorites.

queeq
And I'm sure we will see him.

Gundark
Maybe just as Anakin is on the verge of turning, Qui Gon tries to talk him out of it. That would be excellent.

Ushgarak
Afraid not. Then Anakin would know it is possible, and he does not.

Emperor Helmet
"Someday I will even be able to stop people from dying"

Maybe Ani discovers how to come back in spirit form.

Ushgarak
Then he only learns it in ROTJ.

It is absolutely vital that Anakin does not know of it; that's the whole point of Obi-Wan's lines to Vader in ANH.

Gundark
And of course Qui Gon didn't disappear. And apparently none of the Jedi that died in the arena battle did either.

El Toro
great

Cipher
The body doesn't have to disappear to become one with the Force.....

queeq
How do you know?

(wow... what an ancient thread)

Cipher
It is ancient, you're right.....

Vader's body doesn't vanish like the others. But he does appear as a ghost
(or whatever) at the end of ROTJ, so.........

peluffo
well, we see the outfit of Vader being burned, but technically we don't see his body vanishing (or not)

old thread, it brings to me old memories, old friends... Dark Helmet! laughing out loud
Keep the poast buried big grin

PVS
<---falls back from the smell of a two year old rotting thread....

oh the horror...some folks have no respect for the dead...*weeps*

Master Kadub
"WOW, missed this one.....it was probably in the back of the closet"

GL was suppose to answer the dissapearing jedi question in AOTC, but he didnt (typical)....so maybe he will in ROTS.....if not, i dont think that a jedi has to fully understand the force to just disappear or not disappear.....

my guess is that QuiGon was still unsettled with the Anakin issue when he was killed....
QuiGon did not forsee his demise or he would've prepared things better for Anakin....

So, from a certain point of view....he underestimated the powers of the darkside.....

queeq
I don't think he'll explain it in ROTS now, he may give some single line about the change in Jedi death: a shift in midichlorian behaviour or such. I think it takes a bit to really explain it. if he'd had done that in the course of two movies, it may have been nice. Now an explanation would be... bad. He may have taped it but it also feels like something that ends up on the cutting room floor.

Master Kadub
queeq,

that is soo true....soo true....

GL screwed that one up....

queeq
Then again, maybe we want too much out of that. Plotholes will be part of our beloved saga, I suppose.

peluffo
Maybe a voluntary death?

Obi Wan offers himself to save his young friends
Yoda stays alive to give Luke some last advice, then he just go sleep dead
Anakin/Vader makes a deadly act of redemption to save his son.

Cipher
Lucas said something along those lines a few years ago.....

queeq
Seems to fit.

captainmidnight
just a shot in the dark here but mabey qui-gon reveals himself to obi-wan in spirit form,tells him that obi was right in not wanting to teach anakin,more or less apologizing for obi-wans unitentional failure,and in return explains the force ghost......in a way your right queeq,the ghost thing has to big of a build-up,mabey its just better accepting it,and not try to rationalize to much!!!!!!!!

Cipher
Yeah, I'm really not sure how that will come up in the movie.
Unless Qui-gon's ghost shows up and that doesn't seem too likely since Liam Neeson apparently doesn't care for the way Ep.2 went.

captainmidnight
did liam say why he didnt like how it turned out?

Cipher
He was supposed to have been quoted as saying that the storyline has turned into a lot of shooting (something along those lines) which struck me as odd...

He must not have seen the old ones?

By the way, I didn't even notice how old this thread was when I found.......
Still, ir stimulated a little discussion.

captainmidnight
i agree,i got the feeling the whole force ghost thing is gonna come up in ep3,i kinda hope it has something to do with qui-gon.....

darktim1
It has to come up because GLwants to tie up each end of his story for now may force be with you.

Cipher
It is supposed to, according to Lucas...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.