It may be the sequel to the best selling SW game of all time, bit it didnt win GotY.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
Whats the hype with battlefront 2?

El_NINO
Have you played Battlefront 1?.... that game is great. I recommend playing that game first then see if you wanna buy Battlefront 2 because of so many things you can do. Like fly a X-Wing or Tie Fighter. Im getting battlefront 2 so I can play in the space battle!!! eek!

Nactous
No, you misunderstand me, I love BattleFront, I have it for X-Box, but there parading it around like its the most succesful SW game ever, it didnt win Game of the Year like KotOR did. And KotOR remains to be the only SW game that has won GotY.

SS_181st_Snow
Nac, my bro, people parade new games all the time. Especially when one has the name "Star Wars" on it. If George Lucas made bottles of ketchup with Vader's face on them, you know how many people would camp out at the store until the ketchup arrived?

Tru_Slice
Battlefront 1 was a sample of what war in the SW universe could be like. It was pretty good, but it needed more.

Battlefront 2 lives up to the potential this time.

The Ones
how would you know? its not out?

exanda kane
Well I'd say that KOTOR's a better game, well thats my opinion, but because thats an RPG less people will enjoy it, while Battlefront wasn't as good but was easier to just set up and play, and theres more competition for games like that on PS2, and such...plus its like the only good game featuring stuff from the OT!

Nactous
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Nac, my bro, people parade new games all the time. Especially when one has the name "Star Wars" on it. If George Lucas made bottles of ketchup with Vader's face on them, you know how many people would camp out at the store until the ketchup arrived?
Good to see you bro.

Deus Ex
-Another- KOTOR thread? Jeez.

Ushgarak
As if industry insider awards matter that much.

X-Wing and TIE Fighter were far better games for their time than KOTOR.

But to answer your question? Because Battlefront is an on-line game, and they get buzz these days.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Ushgarak
But to answer your question? Because Battlefront is an on-line game, and they get buzz these days.

Well...I've always thought they should have given KotoR a multiplayer modus or at least a co-op mode.

@Nactous:
KotoR isn't the only SW game that ever got a GotY award. KotoR has won the GOTY awards for best character / story development, RPG of the year and best console playing game but have a look at the competition...

Compare that to other SW games that reached the GOTY finals:

1998: Jedi Knight (lost to Quake II in "Best Action Game" category and "Starcraft" in the best PC game category)

1999: Roque Squadron (N64 - lost against "Zelda: Ocarina of Time" in some categories like Game of the Year), in the same year Lucas Arts "Grim Fandango" won the Computer Adventure Game of the year award and was nominated in other categories (Graphic, Sound, Character / story development, Game of the Year). And Lucas Arts had other things running (DroidWorks, Beyond the magic)

2000:
Episode I Races - won "Best console racing game of the year" Award
X-Wing Alliance - lost in the "simulation" category against Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000

2002:
Jedi Knight II - lost against GTA 3 in the Action Category

And notice that the GotY was first awarded in 1998 when many SW "classics" were already released:
- Dark Forces
- Rebel Assault I and II
- X-Wing / TIE-Fighter

Had Lucas Arts ever released an SW Adventure game it would have pretty much owned the GotY Awards.

Tengu Man
yes word

SS_181st_Snow
X-Wing alliance lost to MFS!? I renounce my faith in gaming awards....That is Bullshit.

Darth Faunus
Well, I was at the 'DigitalLife' presentation today in Manhattan, and actually got to play the full version of BF2 for a bit; and I'll say, it was good. Darth Maul, Darth Vader, The Emperor, Mace Windu. . . the whole nine. Anyone who's looking forward to it shouldn't be disappointed.

Nactous

Canadadude
Originally posted by Ushgarak
As if industry insider awards matter that much.

X-Wing and TIE Fighter were far better games for their time than KOTOR.

I agree with this 100%. THe old X-Wing and Tie FIghter game was awsome

overlord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.