Qui Gonn's voice???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Budgie
Just after shmi skywalker dies, it cuts to yoda meditating in the force and we hear Qui Gonn's voice calling out "NO,Anakin,NO!!!).

Why is this?

Could it be that off camera Qui Gonn appeared in ghost form to Anakin and tried to stop him killing the tuskan raiders just as Obiwan apears to Luke?

Hett
it's
Anakin! Anakin!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

and the Anakin is the exact same as in the "Anakin! Drop" line of TPM
you can yell what you want, the NOOOOOOOOOOOO isn't from jinn

Budgie
OK, so what is master yoda hearing???

Emperor Helmet
Qui-Gon

Mujaffa
Yoda's hearing Qui-Gon Jinn

Budgie
why???

Texas
Cause this is all Qui-Gon's fault!

Ushgarak
Only if you count dying as his fault, which is harsh.

The full extent of all this is not known, Budgie, but the most likely explanation (right now) is that Qui-Gon, in some manner of after-death activity, is trying and failing to contact Anakin. Yoda, studying the Force intently, picks up on this.

mechmoggy
Mmmmm thats some pretty deep thinking Ush, I do believe we haven't heard the last of Qui-gonn either.

After seeing the film again last night, and listening out to see who the voice belongs to, I'm also of the opinion that it's Qui-Gonn's, "....Anakin..", but the, "Nooooooo!", does not sound like him.

Halba
yeah this was genuinly freaky! i imagine Qui gon would be very distraught at seeing anakin turn to the dark side

queeq
THe prologue to ghostness. big grin

finti
EPIII Ghosty

Budgie
I see ,Ush, so do you think that Qui Gonn actually appeared to anakin as he was killing the tuskan raiders and thats what yoda heard?

Could GL have decided to add this in and Neeson wasn't available to film it so he only had the sound of him appearing?

queeq
No. I think it was meant to be just a voice. OB1 was only a voice after death in ANH.

yerssot
voice only I think, otherwhise I think we had seen it

queeq
But we will. big grin

LanceWindu
Maybe, you can never know.

Gundark
And since we've established no connection between disappearing at death and ghost form....err....correct ?

Ushgarak
Not directly but I am almost certain there is one otherwise what is the bloody point?

Gundark
Based on the assumption that Luke burned only the suit right ?

Ushgarak
Yup.

Gundark
Would Rick McCallum really lie to us ?

Ushgarak
Both he and Steve Sansweet have been known to be wrong in the past but I am sure they wouldn't have said it without some mention of it by GL.

Gundark
Do you think Mace will disappear ?

Ushgarak
No.

Gundark
I don't think he will either. I think he will live long enough to know Yoda escapes.

queeq
Still, Qui-Gon appearing as a ghost will prove it's not ABSOLUTELY necessary to disappear in order to become a ghost.

And if McCallum is right, Lucas should fix the disappearing in ROTJ. MacCallum also said Lucas would once again be modifying the OT for the DVD, and added jokingly that Lucas will be changing SW films unt il the day he dies.

Ushgarak
Well, I am certainly interested to see what capacity Qui-Gon contributes to all this in.

Captain REX
The NOOOO!!! sounds kind of like a "grunt." I suspect it's a Tusken Raider yelling it's last that Qui-Gon is using in his message.

GordonSkywalker
This could lead to an explanation of the "disappearing act" Obi-Wan and Yoda do in the original trilogy. The character of slain Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn is essential to the plot of the current trilogy. I believe Episode III will properly and perhaps more fully give us the answers we seek to these questions. One thing,though: The "NOOOOO!!" we heard was not from either Qui-Gon OR Anakin? Was it really supposed to be the "grunt" of a Tusken? Perhaps someone here might enlighten me......... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.