multiple enemy duels in ep.3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

terd40
given the advanced technology of today and what the story line presented do you think that the lightsaber duels in which more than 2 people participated in were done the best they could have. personally i think both the duels where ani+obi vs. dooku and mace and co. vs. sidious should have been longer and more complex. i know it would take a lot of talent to pull off but thats where i really think this movie could have improved to where no other movie could be compaired.

Tangible God
Yes, I DO think they could have been upgraded.

Red Superfly
Just stick to one on one fighting. Keep it simple, and focus on the story.

To hell with contrived, dance-like duels. I can't stand Nick Gillards take on the combat, it looks so cheesy.

roughrider
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Just stick to one on one fighting. Keep it simple, and focus on the story.

To hell with contrived, dance-like duels. I can't stand Nick Gillards take on the combat, it looks so cheesy.

According to GL, this is the true fighting style of the Jedi we see in the prequels. OT was different, because Luke was still learning, and doing it in a vacuum without any real duel training from other Jedi (unless Yoda showed him off-screen; possible). And Vader was half-machine, and hadn't had any real duels for twenty years, so not as much in practice and his style had changed too; simplified.
For this 2-on-1 thing, TPM duel looked the best, partly beacause of Darth Maul, and partially because of that double-bladed lightsaber. Dooku, he had a fencing style rather than swordfighting; being clean and economical, it enable him to engage a 2-on-1 for periods of time.
My only dissent was how they showed Palpatine killing the first two Jedi - didn't look quite fast enough; you wonder what the others are doing. Watching?

overlord
Yeah well GL makes excuses all the time although the stuff is already made. I only only care about the idea behind it and not about how fast they can hack and slash.

neo313
any duel with maul or dooku was great, imo. i wish the dooku duel in rots hadn't gotten edited down so much.

the palpatine duels.... eh.... 4/10, 6/10, in their respective chronological orders

ani vs obi was very fun to watch, and only got too dance-like at a couple moments

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.