Taskmaster vs Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MuffinmanMike
We all know Batman has been claimed to be the "best superhero ever" and can beat ANYONE ever if he has prep time. This thread isn't to bash Batman, or to degrade him, but merely to ask the fans who they think would win.

Batman, or his tools?

Essentially, that's what this'll come down to.

A summary:
BATMAN - If I have to summarize, just click your "Back" button now.

Taskmaster - He has a photographic memory which allows him to memorize any fighting style(so advanced that he can actually fast-forward a video of a martial artist, and then re-enact his moves faster than normal(Although he doesn't make a habit of this as the human body is not made to move this fast, and thus can eventually damage itself if he kept it up too long).
His weaponry is quite vast.

http://www.taskmastersite.com/ Check this site for his abilities, etc.

The battle is in a warehouse, about 80x80x30 feet. There is scaffolding about 15 feet up. Both combatants have 1 week of prep time ON THEIR OWN(meaning Batman and TM cannot go around their opponents cities to find whatever they can.)

The fight is strictly between the two and any sort of villain attack would postpone the fight. So no, don't tell us how Batman/TM would release a bunch of villains from jail.

It's not a fight to the death, just a fight to a KO.

Who wins?

EsteemedLeader
Well, I know some arguments that could screw with Taskmaster a little, but I'll hold them off for now.

What's in the warehouse? Is it empty?

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Well, I know some arguments that could screw with Taskmaster a little, but I'll hold them off for now.

What's in the warehouse? Is it empty?

Sorry, knew I forgot something.

The warehouse is filled with generic boxes. Ranging from a 1x1, to 10x10. They are all empty, and upon impact, any splinters or jagged chunks CAN be utilized as a weapon.

The scaffold is sturdy and will not buckle or break because of either combatants blows or weapons outside of explosives, as it is built into the structure and pretty much a second floor.

The windows are about 19 feet up, locked, and made of incredibly sturdy material.

It will be 5:30PM when the fight begins, and sunset is 7:45, meaning if Taskmaster doesn't want to deal with Batmans natural stealth he only has a little over 2 hours.

Both combatants are assumed to have an unlimited supply/energy source for their basic weaponry(i.e batarangs, grappling hook, energy-gizmo that gives TM weapon-based power).

Ammunition for TMs guns is scarce and only one clip with 4 bullets is in his .45 and his bow has 6 arrows. Batman only gets 4 "special" devices. These include: Homing batarangs, high-yield explosives, acids, gasses, and anything else aside from standard smokeballs, batarangs, that thing with the 2 balls that he throws around peoples legs :P(I'd be more technical, but the name escapes me, heh).

General rule of thumb - If it's lethal with normal use or can easily incapacitate the opponent, it's VERY limited to 4. If it's deadly on a wide scale(i.e incredibly powerful explosives, bio-weapons) it is banned.

srankmissingnin
Hmmm the stealth maybe a problem for Taskmaster since I dont think he could find Batman when he is hiding. Batman most likely gets the first hit then Tasky feeds to him in under a minute.

Scoobless
TM is no slouch in stealth... he's copied from a lot of good sources on the subject ..... mainly ninja(s) and street heroes like DD and SM who move relatively silently

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Scoobless
TM is no slouch in stealth... he's copied from a lot of good sources on the subject ..... mainly ninja(s) and street heroes like DD and SM who move relatively silently

Most definatly, he showed his stealth abilities in his mini but it isn't up the level of Batmans and I was thinking more along the lines that he wouldn't be able to find a sneaky stealthy Batman not that he couldn't bust out the stealth in his own rights.

Scoobless
If TM goes in with his image inducer doing a picture of Nightwing Bat's could completely lower his guard

MuffinmanMike
If TM goes in with his image inducer doing a picture of Nightwing Bat's could completely lower his guard

I dunno, Batmans no fool. TM would need to be practicing Nightwings voice the entire time(meaning he'd need to find a good voice clip of Nightwing speaking somewhere without rooting around Gotham), and Batman would probably be smart enough to call to Nightwing first if not ignore the image(although calling out means TM might find him).

I still say Taskmaster pulls it out. It won't be easy, and it'll come down to TM overpowering Batman quickly with fastforward martial arts moves(Batmans quick, but I doubt he's fought a martial artist that can move 2x as fast in the middle of combat)

brainchild81
Taskmaster wins.

EsteemedLeader
Batman has better weapons, and TM won't be able to copy Bats' moves if he's being stealthy and TM can't see him.

Scoobless
Batman has better weapons, and TM won't be able to copy Bats' moves if he's being stealthy and TM can't see him.

Taskmaster already has Batman's moves memorised

EsteemedLeader
Taskmaster already has Batman's moves memorised \

How?huh

Scoobless
from JLA/Avengers.... it even says so on a couple of interbet bios

(apparently JLA/Avengers is cannon now)

EsteemedLeader
TM was in the crossover?

brainchild81
Batman has better weapons, and TM won't be able to copy Bats' moves if he's being stealthy and TM can't see him. The fight starts during daytime. TM could honestly take this w/out copying Bats though. He's copied the styles of many a fighter already. TM has pistols also and a device that makes energy replicas of other people's weapons(Cap's shield, Spidey's webs etc..)

EsteemedLeader
Guns won't do much to Batman though.

And if he copies Cap, I can see him winning too.

ScarletSpider
Yes, he was. He numbered among a few villains who attacked Batman after he defeated Batroc, if I recall correctly.

brainchild81
Guns won't do much to Batman though.
Depends on where Batman gets shot @. Dude's pretty evasive, but he's been shot a few times before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.