Superman Runs The clone/copyright infringment gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
Hyperion

Steel

Superboy

Captain Marvel

Cyborg Superman

Classic Eradicator (no transmutaion or molecule reaaranging)

Gladiator

Majestic

Sentry

Count Nafaria

he completely heals after each fight NO PREP for anyone.

Where does he get up to, who does he beat even if he couldn't reach that point beacuase someon before that character beats superman.

8bitChris
You made it tough by putting HYperion first

Quick Freeze
you forgot ultraman, bizarro, purheart the powerful, and supreme

Whirlysplatt
Early Miracleman although he is a cross between Supes and Marvel
Supreme
any daxamite
etc

as for copyright infringement S and S owe Philip Wylie smile

demigawd
Definitely ends at Majestic, if he makes it past Hyperion.

The Ion
Majestic hands it to him.

LGodamus
Gladiator stomps a mudhole in him...so would supreme...the others are pretty close, except majestic

Laminator_X
It's tough to say without a consistant power level for Superman. Even Post-Crisis Superman (if that term still has meaning) has had his power level writen in so many places that every answer we might give is correct.

I would say that this gauntlet is out of order in some places too, but that's another story.

snoopdogg
I think Sentry would be a bad matchup for Superman. The power of a million exploding Suns is useless against him. Gladiator would give a better fight than Sentry.

Lucid Lui
Gladiator takes him. From what i've seen of Majestic, he could probably take him aswell. Dunno know enough about the rest to say...

Creshosk
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
as for copyright infringement S and S owe Philip Wylie smile I was wondering where the copyright infringment came in.

gautam
Id say supes gets to Sentry..then loses...

Avalonofthewind
He beats them all....Copyright infringement pisses Supes off for some reason....see here...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/nofranchise.jpg

8bitChris
Oh the Irony of that picture!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by gautam
Id say supes gets to Sentry..then loses... Well the power of a million exploding Suns is useless against Superman.

Evilstar had the power of a million Suns also and didnt fair too well against Superman.

Juntai
Bloodlust Superman?
Superman wins.
When he stops pulling punches, he's just a ****ing insane character.

Superherovandal
yeah when he gets angry he absorbs sunlight at an exponentially faster rate. Thats why he kicks ass when he gets angry.

Superherovandal
SUpes looks freaking ugly in that pic he looks like hes 70 years old.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I think Sentry would be a bad matchup for Superman. The power of a million exploding Suns is useless against him. Gladiator would give a better fight than Sentry.

Superman power of one sun...

Sentry power of a million or a thousand suns...

One? Or A Thousand?

Not very hard is it Snoop.

Thousand > One...

but, he'll probably get to Gladiator or Majestic. One of those two will stop him.

Juntai
Originally posted by Adam Warlock

One? Or A Thousand?

Thousand > One...

but, he'll probably get to Gladiator or Majestic. One of those two will stop him.
Well Gladiator IS Superman, down to the T, including name and weakness. lol. But I'd go with the original..

And the power of the suns arguement you posted is irrelivent. Superman's heat vision alone is vastly more powerful than the sun is.
They haven't found anything that can withstand it for long, and have never been able to guage it's output.
Which is odd isnt it? When they can guage the candlewatt power and heat of the sun.

And using sun powers is only going to amp up Superman anyways.

And beyond that, Sentry needs more feats.

Majestic however is a badass.
It'd be a cool fight to see them bloodlusted at eachother.

Superherovandal
dude We haven't seen enough to say how powerful he truly is. I mean yes he must be about Thor level.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Adam Warlock

One? Or A Thousand?

Thousand > One...

but, he'll probably get to Gladiator or Majestic. One of those two will stop him. Read MOS #130. Superman battles Evilstar who has the POWER OF A MILLION SUNS and Superman beat him easily. He absorbed all of his attacks making Superman stronger in the process.

Superman>Sentry

snoopdogg
One million Suns.............................

Juntai
One million Suns............................. And who won?

leonidas
as usual, nice snoop.

tough gauntlet! who i think he beats:

hyperion
steel
superboy
marvel (i think supes DOES get stronger with rage, cm doesn't so supes would eventaully beat him in a hellafight)
eradicator
gladiator

not sures:

cyborg (depends on how his powers are used)
majestic (don't know enough about him)
sentry (still haven't seen enough from him)
nefaria (at full power he is just one bad mofo!)

btw, does anyone remember ever seeing a totally hacked off superman beaten? i for one do not, but maybe someone else does?

(i mean by non-high-level-cosmics)

EsteemedLeader
Sentry could win...

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
Sentry could win...

exactly and he could lose smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by leonidas
as usual, nice snoop.

tough gauntlet! who i think he beats:

hyperion
steel
superboy
marvel (i think supes DOES get stronger with rage, cm doesn't so supes would eventaully beat him in a hellafight)
eradicator
gladiator

not sures:

cyborg (depends on how his powers are used)
majestic (don't know enough about him)
sentry (still haven't seen enough from him)
nefaria (at full power he is just one bad mofo!)

btw, does anyone remember ever seeing a totally hacked off superman beaten? i for one do not, but maybe someone else does?

(i mean by non-high-level-cosmics)

no I don't

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Juntai
And who won? Superman absorbed all of his attacks and when he had enough he sent all of that power back at him via heat vision knocking him out.

EsteemedLeader
Superman absorbed all of his attacks and when he had enough he sent all of that power back at him via heat vision knocking him out.

But that won't work against Sentry.

Juntai
But that won't work against Sentry. That's the point... people don't know what will or won't work on Sentry. Superman has 70 years worth of feats, Sentry has a couple of comics worth of ones.

snoopdogg
But that won't work against Sentry. Why not? Sentry has the power of a million Suns just the same as Evilstar does.

Here is what happened after Superman has enough of the power of a million suns.......................

jrodslam
Why not? Sentry has the power of a million Suns just the same as Evilstar does.

Here is what happened after Superman has enough of the power of a million suns.......................

Daaaam! Cyclops dont have s**t on that. Lol.

Nice snoop.

Juntai
Originally posted by jrodslam
Daaaam! Cyclops dont have s**t on that. Lol.

Nice snoop. He never has had shit on that... Supes' heat vision can't be caculated. No one knows how powerful it actually is. No one has felt/survived an actual full power blast from current Superman..They can't even caculate it's temperature after he turns it up.

kgkg
Read MOS #130. Superman battles Evilstar who has the POWER OF A MILLION SUNS and Superman beat him easily. He absorbed all of his attacks making Superman stronger in the process.

Superman>Sentry
how do you figure just because he says it?

do you remember the part where Evilstar was stunted by a chair thrown by superman at mach speed?

EsteemedLeader
But Sentry absorbs the solar ebergy and converts it into his own energy. He wouldn't radiate it for Supes to absorb like Evil Star did, duh.

kgkg
But Sentry absorbs the solar ebergy and converts it into his own energy. He wouldn't radiate it for Supes to absorb like Evil Star did, duh.
EvilStar was only making Superman Stronger.

All his attacks were solar energy based.

Sentry can control light, so he might be able to weaken him instead of giving him powers (not like he needs it).

The Ion
Can we say for a fact that the yellow light he's radiating isn't solar energy? No, because we still don't know squat about how his powers work. We have nothing but speculation from Sentry fans.

roughrider
I think Captain Marvel is a significant stumbling block - the old bugaboo, magic, espcially in punches.
Good point about Sentry's power of a million exploding suns. Better switch to red suns laughing because YOU DON'T want to attack Supes with solar energy. Bad idea!

roughrider
Originally posted by The Ion
Can we say for a fact that the yellow light he's radiating isn't solar energy? No, because we still don't know squat about how his powers work. We have nothing but speculation from Sentry fans.

That 'S' bothers me - looks like a dollar sign! Like, "Buy my comic! I'm neat!" big grin

LGodamus
I still say Gladiator roughs him up hardcore

EsteemedLeader
In New Avengers #2, he had his powers after being locked in the dark forever. So it's safe to say that he doesn't emit solar energy from his body, but it's stored on the inside, otherwise he'd have been powerless.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by kgkg
how do you figure just because he says it?

kgkg you always say Superman says this Silver Surfer says that.

Sentry also says that he has the power of a milion Suns.................... confused

snoopdogg
In New Avengers #2, he had his powers after being locked in the dark forever. So it's safe to say that he doesn't emit solar energy from his body, but it's stored on the inside, otherwise he'd have been powerless. How do you know he was locked in the dark?

Does it say somewhere?

Laminator_X
The nature or Sentry's powers are very obliquely defined at present. For all the talk about "exploding suns" every time someone mentions his powers being solar, Reed, or "The Professor" or Mastermind, or whomever seem to dismiss that as mere window dressing. Particularly given the powers we've seen the Void manifest, I'm inclined to think the "solar" aspects of the sentry's powers are just Rob's idea of how a superhero should be.

The best explanation we ever got was for the source of his energy was that his whole body-mass is timeshifted a moment into the future, placing him in a higher energy state than the rest of the universe. He's got one body's worth of energy more than we do. Think about the energy released in nuclear reactions from very small changes in mass. Think about that much power times the mass of a whole human body. That's a lot of power. He seems to be able to use it for feats as varied as transforming his own form/costume and pacifying/evolving the Hulk. As the Void, he can do everything fom controlling the weather to mind-raping people with their deapest fears and insecurities. I don't think Rob is "solar" in the sense that Superman is.

There's too little to go on to say weather the Sentry could beat Superman with any certainty. Given the way he effortlessly humbled Terrax, I'm inclined to say he could, but that's one instance.

kgkg
kgkg you always say Superman says this Silver Surfer says that.

Sentry also says that he has the power of a milion Suns.................... confused To an extent and backed by other sources.

SS also says HE Is POWER itself(like all the time) that his power is infinite etc

But you don’t see me saying he would beat everybody because no one is more powerful than him.

as for Sentry i mean

-let's see it says his powers don't have limits ( that a good hint if u ask me)
- He has contain/ the void to some extent ---- who is abusing everybody.

As for evilstar ------- says he got all that power

then gets stunted by a flying chair. Common now

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Laminator_X
The nature or Sentry's powers are very obliquely defined at present. For all the talk about "exploding suns" every time someone mentions his powers being solar, Reed, or "The Professor" or Mastermind, or whomever seem to dismiss that as mere window dressing. Particularly given the powers we've seen the Void manifest, I'm inclined to think the "solar" aspects of the sentry's powers are just Rob's idea of how a superhero should be.

The best explanation we ever got was for the source of his energy was that his whole body-mass is timeshifted a moment into the future, placing him in a higher energy state than the rest of the universe. He's got one body's worth of energy more than we do. Think about the energy released in nuclear reactions from very small changes in mass. Think about that much power times the mass of a whole human body. That's a lot of power. He seems to be able to use it for feats as varied as transforming his own form/costume and pacifying/evolving the Hulk. As the Void, he can do everything fom controlling the weather to mind-raping people with their deapest fears and insecurities. I don't think Rob is "solar" in the sense that Superman is.

There's too little to go on to say weather the Sentry could beat Superman with any certainty. Given the way he effortlessly humbled Terrax, I'm inclined to say he could, but that's one instance.

As usual, Laminator's posts are excellent and well thought out.

Very good post. thumb up

Laminator_X
Wow, thanks Adam.

Really, I think the "Power of a Million Exploding Suns" is just a cool tagline, like "Be all you can be," or "The ultimate driving experience." I mean really, how would you measure something like that?

HigH ScholaR
Yes and since i have nothing to add i shall just say this post is basically a bump........................

no anyway i think he makes it to gladiator though it could go either way if he beats Gladiaotr he gets stopped at ,akjestic apparently, but recently Cap Atom layed a few shots at majesticthough theyu were charged, but i also remeber enrgy supes i think scanning majestic then majesctic gets a right hook and gies flying. But apparently Majestic is suppesd to be uber powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.