Metroid Prime : Hunters [DS]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SaTsuJiN
This game is gonna be hot when it releases

www.metroidhunters.com (Official Site)

http://ds.ign.com/objects/682/682835.html (IGN Page)

The release date is sometime in mid January I believe..

JKozzy
It's been delayed long enough, ffs. This is why I bought a DS, and it's about time it comes out. I will be getting Hunters: Pinball, though, cause I need my DS to not die of dust.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by JKozzy
It's been delayed long enough, ffs. This is why I bought a DS, and it's about time it comes out. I will be getting Hunters: Pinball, though, cause I need my DS to not die of dust.

laughing

I returned my DS a few weeks after Christmas. no expression

Silverstein
whoa this game is not out yet?

SaTsuJiN
They are tweaking Wi-fi so that players can play cross-country.. at least thats what I read as their reason for taking so long.

I currently play Meteos on DS.. its pretty fun

JKozzy
Wi-fi... droolio

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0602/game060209b.shtml .. it has now been announced that Voice chat via WiFi is possible.. but only before and after battles.. not during the battle

Scarecrow756
I liked the demo of Metroid Prime Hunters that came with my DS. I can`t wait to play the finshed game because the demo was really awsome.

IcePunk
Meteos < Lumines

I really have to get Hunters at it's release, it's so frickin cool to play as other characters in a Metroid game, hey who do you guys think's the coolest hunter? I say Trace smile

swedish_bum
I say Samus! eek! (what a surprise)

I must have this Game!!! when dose it release here in Europe??

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. everyone online picks weavel and n00bs everyone to death with the auto-turret.. its shots are powerful and they dont miss... the player usually leaves the turret near an important health pickup

IcePunk
sounds irritating

Darth Jello
I'd rather see a more traditional game, like the rumored canceled sequal to fusion-Metroid Dread

SaTsuJiN
well the thing is... its a good game.. the controls are expectedly different.. I may even call them refreshing... but when someone does this particular strategy with weavel.. you have to be highly defensive.. as the player becomes the top half of the body, wandering around for extra kills with its wrist blade... just gotta bait them away from the turret.. which isnt that easy..to repel this strategy.. I used Trace's alt-form.. which he turns into a 3 legged creature that does a dashing death blow...I used that to both destroy the top half of this persons body as well as dash by the turret fast enough not to get hit.. not to mention I was pitted against this opponent after taking the game out of the wrapper and selecting "search opponent : 'match skill level' ".. I'm thinking.. god if these are noobs I'd hate to play the hardcores

MadMel
yeah..this game looks awesome...from what ive seen of it so far..

JKozzy
My copy should be arriving in the mail tomorrow. I look forward to playing it. It's kinda the reason I actually got a DS. stick out tongue

MadMel
uhuh, u said that earlier...laughing out loud

JKozzy
How in holy hell should I remember what I posted five months ago blink

SaTsuJiN
rofl.. laughing out loud

Oh and just now I beat a trace user, by using Kanden's alt form only.. dude couldnt even run away lmao

those homing parasitic larva are the bomb diggy bomb wink

MadMel
i can remember wat i say 5 months ago...laughing out loud really, i can

Scorpion_Master
Nice game i must get it when it comes to Sweden... Can you play over the whole world really??

SaTsuJiN
yeah.. but I think the search function still pulls out random people.

Scorpion_Master
OK hmmm... any way its A good game right? is singel player OK?

SaTsuJiN
single player you go through the 'alimbic system' searching for octoliths, and encounter other hunters in your quest who seek the same treasure.. from what I've played of it so far, yeah... and its good aiming practice..

you can also put bots in a multiplayer session and game that way by yourself.. but the only way to unlock bounty hunters is to play single player.. or defeat said bounty hunter in an online session over WiFi

Scorpion_Master
Sweeeet! Happy Dance

Tex
I havent been able to play any multi-player games yet but the single adventure mission is really good. It was really hard at first trying to get used to the motion. I still can use the stylus. That little thumb thing works really well though, although its hard sometimes to click on the scan visor. The boss battles are really repetive though, but all in all a really good game, and the graphics are really good.
I cant wait for MP on revolution.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Tex
The boss battles are really repetive though, but all in all a really good game, and the graphics are really good.

I cant wait for MP on revolution. yes

SaTsuJiN
the multiplayer is what this games all about .. so I really dont even consider the single player as existing

Scorpion_Master
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the multiplayer is what this games all about .. so I really dont even consider the single player as existing LOL!!

InnerRise
I just got this game this weekend and I'll start playing it for the first time soon today. Any advice. Should I play the single Player mode for a while before I get into Multiplayer mode? Any special tips that I should know. Anyone want to exchange friend codes?

Thanks.

is it comprehensible.....

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by InnerRise
I just got this game this weekend and I'll start playing it for the first time soon today. Any advice. Should I play the single Player mode for a while before I get into Multiplayer mode? Any special tips that I should know. Anyone want to exchange friend codes?

Thanks.

find the hunter with the special ability that suits your play style..
and I suppose single player might help you get a better feel for the control system... or you could just dive into multiplayer and learn the harder way...

I dove into multiplayer... and then when I wanted more hunters to play as, I did SP

(if you defeat someone who's using a hunter you dont have you gain that hunter)

InnerRise
ok thanks

MadMel
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
find the hunter with the special ability that suits your play style..
and I suppose single player might help you get a better feel for the control system... or you could just dive into multiplayer and learn the harder way...

I dove into multiplayer... and then when I wanted more hunters to play as, I did SP

(if you defeat someone who's using a hunter you dont have you gain that hunter)
you meen kill them once or win one game over them?

SaTsuJiN
win a game over them..

I believe it works like.. (for example) if trace , sylux and noxus placed 2nd , 3rd and 4th.. if you placed 1st you should be able to access those hunters next time you go to the selection screen...

and I do recommend trying each character..

currently I believe the top tier is sylux... his lightning gun returns his health at an alarming rate

InnerRise
The only place you can use the other hunters is on Multiplayer mode right?

I haven't played the game like, as I had planned, but I've read it has a multiplayer mode where you can just insert bots that the computer controls if you want. Can you put in the other hunters as well for the computer to control. This sounds like good practice as well besides the Single Player mode.

How do yall like the cinematics?

InnerRise
Bad News Metroid Prime Fans.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Developer: Retro Studios
Publisher: Nintendo
Release Date: November 2006
Genre: First-person adventure

What to expect: The end of the Metroid Prime trilogy, Corruption follows Samus in an all-new adventure involving an unforeseen threat. When the galactic bounty hunter discovers that several planets have become infected by an unknown agent, she decides to take action. Corruption sees Samus traveling through space to multiple planets, doing battle with more Space Pirates, and eventually facing off against old nemesis Dark Samus. The game employs the traditional first-person visor perspective, adds old and new visors - X-ray and gunship; the latter calls her ship to shoot down enemies and obstacles within levels - and updates the visuals. New bloom lighting effects illuminate passageways and particle effects bring to life explosions. Of course, the biggest single addition to the experience is its newly implemented control scheme, which makes use of the Wii-mote and nunchuck attachments for more accurate aiming and movement. Play tests of the game at E3 2006 yielded mixed results: pinpoint targeting accuracy was there, but turning felt unintuitive. Hopefully Retro has worked out the kinks and will deliver the best Metroid yet when Prime 3 finally hits Wii. We are, by the way, happy to report that the game does not feature a multiplayer mode of any kind. Contrary to popular belief, not every title needs a multiplayer component - especially one whose roots lies in the single-player arena.

So I hope yall are getting everything you can out of Metroid Hunters DS because that seems like all you're going to get right now.

Is It Comprehensible.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.