Machivellian Sith Lords!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Traya
The top ten?

Deus Ex
1- Sidious
2- Dooku
3- Ragnos
4- Sadow
5- Uh... hell... Bane
6- ... Damn. Tryin' to think.

... I don't think I could name ten without going over a complete list of names really.

Gryn Jabar
1)Sidious
2)Traya
3)Revan (?)

The nature of Sith Lords mean they're all pretty much cold hearted dicks.

Deus Ex
Sidious in particular is high up on the list, since he followed Machiavelli's one line about a ruler appearing just but not ruling justly. He felt power itself was means enough to use absolute power. Also, Machiavelli felt fear and the occassional means of force can and should be used by his famed Prince.

Dooku himself wasn't a ruler, and Revan was a general, not a ruler either. Next in line would be Ragnos, who shrewdly and effectively ruled an entire Sith Empire for over a hundred years. We can only imagine how Machiavellan he was at heart. Very practical.

Lord Simus
1) Sidious
2) Ragnos
3) Traya
4) Dooku
5) Sadow
6) Nadd
7) Vader
8) Malak
9) Bane
10) Nihilus

Tangible God
I'm not mentioning anyone from KoToR II

1) Sidious of course
2) Ragnos
3) Bane
4) Nadd
5) Sadow
6) Malak--maybe Revan as well
7) Kun
8) Vader--for his bombing of Xizor's city just to contain a plague.
9) Kressh--to a degree
10) I'm out of people, so, Dooku.

But Dooku was just a pawn of Sidious, so he's not really THAT Machiavellian.

Captain REX
I like TG's list.

Escape81
Palpatine is easily the most Machiavellian Sith Lord. Dear ol' Niccolo describes in 'The Prince' that it is excusable to use ruthless tactics to acquire - and maintain - power. Palpatine clearly does this better than anyone else, and his methods are very much like Machiavelli's own.

Traya is a second.

Tangible God
Noone's denying he's not, he's on the top of everyone's list.

Escape81
I know. I'm simply elaborating on the reasoning why Palpatine is ranked on the top of this particular list.

overlord
Originally posted by Tangible God
Noone's denying he's not, he's on the top of everyone's list.

It's either 'no one' or 'nobody'. tsk tsk tsk.. nono

Tangible God
Originally posted by overlord
It's either 'no one' or 'nobody'. tsk tsk tsk.. nono I wasn't talking about "no one."

I meant my good buddy Noone. Hell of a guy, great drinkin chap.

overlord
He's from Scandinavia isn't he?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.