PS2 Bye-Bye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hotsauce6548
Alright, so here's my situation...

I have all three consoles: Gamecube, Xbox, PS2.

I play my Xbox the most, and I play my Gamecube a bit less than Xbox. My PS2...

Well, let's put it this way: I had to dust off the friggin controller this morning. No lies. no expression

I've been thinking about trading in my PS2 for some extra cash. Since just about every worthwhile game that comes out on PS2 also comes out on Xbox, I won't be missing much. erm

Another thing is, once the new gen consoles come out, I'll be playing the current gen ones even less.

Gamecube at least gets original titles that I can't play on PS2 or Xbox, so I'm going to be keeping that.

One last thing: Does anybody know how much I would get for just the system? I was figuring on somewhere around $50...

Silverstein
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Alright, so here's my situation...

I have all three consoles: Gamecube, Xbox, PS2.

I play my Xbox the most, and I play my Gamecube a bit less than Xbox. My PS2...

Well, let's put it this way: I had to dust off the friggin controller this morning. No lies. no expression

I've been thinking about trading in my PS2 for some extra cash. Since just about every worthwhile game that comes out on PS2 also comes out on Xbox, I won't be missing much. erm

Another thing is, once the new gen consoles come out, I'll be playing the current gen ones even less.

Gamecube at least gets original titles that I can't play on PS2 or Xbox, so I'm going to be keeping that.

One last thing: Does anybody know how much I would get for just the system? I was figuring on somewhere around $50...

who cares about originality, as long as its a good fun game. why dont you buy games like Burnout Revenge or something or alteast consider good games instead of ignoring the decent ps2 titles, i think the ps2(sony) should have a little more respect than the cube atleast

if you're gonna sell it, sell it to a relative or something, for 100 bucks

Draco69
Please. The Cube is damn near useless. I haven't played with it in MONTHS. I'm still waiting for the goddamn Zelda game. Until than it makes a nice keepsake box...

Wolf Dog
Uh..Shadow of Colussus and FFXII should change your mind. And i think the Xbox is the worst for me, Ninja Gaiden is the only game thats worth it imo.

SnakeEyes
Don't forget God Of War ^ (for the PS2)

luffyjin
gamecube is the best because of different games then reproduced compilations and reproduced shit

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha. I laugh at who calls the Cube useless as if it's a fact.

I bought my Xbox on release day in England. From the time I had it till now, I've bought 5 games for it. Nothing it's done has been worthwhile. I use it as a DVD player. Ironic that the function it was meant to be the best at, isn't even it's best feature.

-AC

Silverstein
Originally posted by luffyjin
gamecube is the best because of different games then reproduced compilations and reproduced shit

gamecube titles are mostly composed of kiddie themed games, mario sports series, and dont even mention resident evil 4 or metroid.

Sparkz
Personaly i think Cube is best for multiplayer party games, Xbox is best for seriosu FPS etc and PS2 is best for single player games, thats why I keep em all.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Silverstein
gamecube titles are mostly composed of kiddie themed games, mario sports series, and dont even mention resident evil 4 or metroid.

Why not mention them? Because they prove your point wrong?

Nintendo isn't mainly composed of kiddie themes, you're following a common wrong opinion. Furthermore, didn't you just say "who cares as long as it's fun"?

Yes, shut it.

-AC

Zen2nd
As you can see from this thread everyone's tastes are different. I haven't played my PS in ages nor my Gamecube. I prefer Xbox at the moment.

gls
hmm well only reason i play ps2 is for ddr really... i play my cube for skies of arcadia, sonic games, metroid, re4, soul calibur 2, x-men legends 1 & 2, ..lately nothing has really excited me for PS2. maybe soul calibur 3 but eh not like i need it. xbox, is meh imo halo is over rated and i'm just gonna wait for 360 to get DOA 4 so i'm good.

mattador
Im tired of arguements like these, eveyone defending their platform by saying its perfect and everything and bashing the ones they dont have. It pisses me off.

Wolf Dog
Yes, you're right. But i own all three and i still say the Xbox is the worst of the bunch, its the Ninja Gaiden player for me.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Why not mention them? Because they prove your point wrong?

Nintendo isn't mainly composed of kiddie themes, you're following a common wrong opinion. Furthermore, didn't you just say "who cares as long as it's fun"?

Yes, shut it.

-AC

i said dont mention those two titles cuz its those two that are always mentioned by every nintendo fanboy, you cant think of any other games thats why.

Ya i guess i did say who cares as long as its fun, how ironic, but that line was for ps2 games, not cube, so ha

Draco69
Hahaha. I laugh at who calls the Cube useless as if it's a fact.

To each his own. A concept your arrogant personality has never been able to grasp. Any opinion you don't like you degrade...

Alpha Centauri
i said dont mention those two titles cuz its those two that are always mentioned by every nintendo fanboy, you cant think of any other games thats why.

Ya i guess i did say who cares as long as its fun, how ironic.

Well no, they're mentioned because they're excellent games that prove wrong the theory that Nintendo is a child's machine. You don't like that.

What defines kiddie? Colours? As Victor Von Doom said, making a game that isn't about raping hookers doesn't make it kiddie.

You killed your own debate with the fun remark. Who cares what it is as long as you enjoy it?

-AC

JKozzy
If any system were useless, my vote would be to Xbox. The only thing it has for it is Halo 2 and Jade Empire, from what I see. PS2 has more original titles than Xbox, by far. And more of them are actually good games.

BackFire
I think now would be the best time to sell a PS2.

Once the 360 comes out, the money you will get for trading in a ps2 will go down significantly.

And seeing as the only other ps2 game worth getting is coming out after the ps3 is released, and that you will be able to play it on the ps3 if you're planning on getting it, now's a perfect time.

Silverstein
Well no, they're mentioned because they're excellent games that prove wrong the theory that Nintendo is a child's machine. You don't like that.

What defines kiddie? Colours? As Victor Von Doom said, making a game that isn't about raping hookers doesn't make it kiddie.

You killed your own debate with the fun remark. Who cares what it is as long as you enjoy it?

-AC

ok those two games are excellent, are they the only successful non kiddie game for the cube??? thats sad. And stop mentioning GTA hookers cuz its mutliplatform so you are targetting not only ps2, but xbox and pc.

ok, reworded: who cares if PS2 titles arent original, as long as games are fun, how specific do i have to be?

hotsauce6548
who cares about originality, as long as its a good fun game. why dont you buy games like Burnout Revenge or something or alteast consider good games instead of ignoring the decent ps2 titles, i think the ps2(sony) should have a little more respect than the cube atleast

if you're gonna sell it, sell it to a relative or something, for 100 bucks

Actually, I have Burnout Revenge for Xbox. That's what I was saying: Most of the decent games on PS2 I can buy for Xbox anyway. erm

Originally posted by Wolf Dog
Uh..Shadow of Colussus and FFXII should change your mind. And i think the Xbox is the worst for me, Ninja Gaiden is the only game thats worth it imo.

Shadow of the Colosuss is probably the only game that I wanted to play for the PS2, but it will be forgotten when the new systems come out. erm

Final Fantasy games don't seem to tickle my funny.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Don't forget God Of War ^ (for the PS2)

Already beat it. Already returned it. wink

Originally posted by BackFire
I think now would be the best time to sell a PS2.

Once the 360 comes out, the money you will get for trading in a ps2 will go down significantly.

And seeing as the only other ps2 game worth getting is coming out after the ps3 is released, and that you will be able to play it on the ps3 if you're planning on getting it, now's a perfect time.

That's what I was thinking. erm

Even if I sold back my Gamecube now, what would I get, $20?

No sense. It would be even less when the new systems come out.

Alpha Centauri
ok those two games are excellent, are they the only successful non kiddie game for the cube??? thats sad. And stop mentioning GTA hookers cuz its mutliplatform so you are targetting not only ps2, but xbox and pc.

You claim Nintendo fanboys say those games because they can't say anything else. Not only is that false but it's hypocritical. Nintendo isn't kiddy.

ok, reworded: who cares if PS2 titles arent original, as long as games are fun, how specific do i have to be?

Oh so it doesn't matter if it's PS2, but any other console and it's kiddy?

Biggest fanboy comment there is.

-AC

BackFire
I'd hesitate in saying that any system has more original games then any other system.

In all honesty, none of the systems have particularly original games, most are just sequels of popular franchises with minimal changes to the graphics/gameplay or story.

hotsauce6548
I'd hesitate in saying that any system has more original games then any other system.

In all honesty, none of the systems have particularly original games, most are just sequels of popular franchises with minimal changes to the graphics/gameplay or story.

Yup, and every console has a few exceptions, so there is no sense in arguing which one has more original titles. yes

Alpha Centauri

Nintendo being the one who created most of the popular franchises, original ones.

Mario, single handedly responsible for modern platformers.

-AC

hotsauce6548
Nintendo being the one who created most of the popular franchises, original ones.

-AC

True, but now that other companies have gotten into the mix, they've all made their fare share of original titles.

Just because Mario revived the home video game community doesn't mean it's the only original title. stick out tongue

Oh, and by the way, does anybody know how much I would get for the PS2?

That would of course be added to the controllers, games, and memory cards I have. I would be rolling in the dough... cool

Relatively speaking, of course. confused

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Draco69
To each his own. A concept your arrogant personality has never been able to grasp. Any opinion you don't like you degrade...

No, you just don't like it when I dislike your opinions. I respect your right to an opinion, you not respecting my right to an opinion on other opinions just cements your hypocricy.

True, but now that other companies have gotten into the mix, they've all made their fare share of original titles.

Just because Mario revived the home video game community doesn't mean it's the only original title. stick out tongue

I never said they didn't. I said Mario is single handedly responsible for the modern platformer. It revolutionised games. Nintendo, like it or not, revolutionised gaming. The light gun, the platformer, the stealth game (Metal Gear originally).

-AC

BackFire

-AC

Then that would make the NES original, doesn't carry over to gamecube though, which is what I was disputing.

Alpha Centauri
Carries over to what a bulk of PS2 and Xbox's titles are.

I was referring to Nintendo originality.

-AC

BackFire
Well, there's no denying that the original NES was THE console when it came to originality, but what I was disputing was that that originality somehow carried over to GC, which a lot of people seem to think.

hotsauce6548
I never said they didn't. I said Mario is single handedly responsible for the modern platformer. It revolutionised games. Nintendo, like it or not, revolutionised gaming. The light gun, the platformer, the stealth game (Metal Gear originally).

-AC

I agree. Nintendo definetly was the "original" in many aspects. However, just because Nintendo started out original with the NES (which yes, revolutionized gaming) doesn't mean that they've stayed original.

Gamecube hasn't done much more than PS2 and Xbox have done in that department. Like I said earlier, each console has its share of original titles.

Alpha Centauri
Well the series' did.

If we're being technical, the characters that Nintendo keep 're-hashing' (although they're still doing it a hell of a lot better than anyone else in my opinion) are the ones who have right to be. Sony fans say "They can't beat the innovative God of War" which to me was just another hack and slash platformer. It more or less wouldn't have existed were it not for Mario laying the way.

-AC

hotsauce6548
If we're being technical, the characters that Nintendo keep 're-hashing' (although they're still doing it a hell of a lot better than anyone else in my opinion) are the ones who have right to be. Sony fans say "They can't beat the innovative God of War" which to me was just another hack and slash platformer. It more or less wouldn't have existed were it not for Mario laying the way.

That's true. Nintendo seems to be the only company that can rehash their characters in so many games and still make them good. How many Mario games have come out? And how many are good? Just about all of them. stick out tongue

I see what you mean by Mario laying the way, but I still can't think "If it weren't for Mario or Nintendo, games wouldn't be the way they are." Because the way I think about things, if Mario or Nintendo didn't exist, some other company would have come along and done the same thing.

I don't even think it's possible to compare the originality of games. I don't it's fair to say, "Oh, well this game is more original than that game." like some people tend to do. I think there's a clear line: a game is either original or not original. Sure, some original games are going to borrow elements from other popular games, but that doesn't make them un-original. Hell, if games didn't take features from other good games, not one would improve.

I'm not sure, though, how long Nintendo can keep a competing with Sony and Microsoft. Their constant re-releasing of certain characters has begun to get old, even though, like I said, they are still good games. The gaming community as a whole doesn't recognize this, I think, as it shows with Gamecube's sales.

That frightens me, because I think of Nintendo, even if they aren't competing closely in sales, they are always raising the bar in innovation (i.e. the Revolution controller). And this forces other companies to raise the bar in innovation as well. erm

Alpha Centauri
I'm not saying that no other company could have done it, I'm saying Nintendo did. Nintendo developed a way of escaping, a form of fun escapism.

Some random gamesmaker one day thought "Hey! Wouldn't it be good if we just made games more like real life?!" Which defeats the purpose. Nintendo have never been kiddy, nor did they get kiddy. They just realise what the point of making games is; to have fun and have escapism. I've got nothing against games that are more 'real' than Mario, Marioparty, Metroid or something, but I never get as bored with games that are designed for fun as I do with games designed to make you go "WOW! I can ride a bicycle!"

There's a big misconception about realism, you see.

Realism is great if it adds to the gaming experience, it's not great JUST because it's realistic. Deus Ex has realism that ADDS to the game. Halo has realism in that you can just carry two guns, where's the fun there? People go "OH IT'S SO REAL!" So? It's not fun is it? You've got a medium in which to bring your imagination to life, why worry about "Hmm, she couldn't do that if it were real." IT'S NOT REAL. In a world where 'real' gets more ugly every day, people should be doing more things like Nintendo in allowing an escape from it all.

There will come a time when GTA's etc, won't be fun. Because the world outside will actually be exactly the same. You won't be escaping, you'll be playing what you can live. You can't go fight Bowser with a giant hammer can you? You can only do that in games and THAT will always be more fun that ejaculating over the fact that you can enter buildings or ride a bicycle.

Nintendo GET it. They always have and they always will, gamers who play games for reasons that they were created, will always get this. Fanboys who will buy a new PS2 because it has a scratch-your-ass, cook an egg processor, won't.

-AC

Draco69
No, you just don't like it when I dislike your opinions. I respect your right to an opinion, you not respecting my right to an opinion on other opinions just cements your hypocricy.

Please. Hypocrisy? I respect the opinions of those who respect mine. But you on the other hand seem to take great pleasure in the degradation of other opinions than your own.

You see EVERYONE who debates with you should have the right say what you said to me, to you. It makes me laugh that you deem yourself so morally righteous that you don't even acknowledge such an obvious and fatal flaw.

Alpha. Look in the mirror. Read your quote aloud. And just how much of a hypocrite and cynic you truly are.

hotsauce6548
I'm not saying that no other company could have done it, I'm saying Nintendo did. Nintendo developed a way of escaping, a form of fun escapism.

Some random gamesmaker one day thought "Hey! Wouldn't it be good if we just made games more like real life?!" Which defeats the purpose. Nintendo have never been kiddy, nor did they get kiddy. They just realise what the point of making games is; to have fun and have escapism. I've got nothing against games that are more 'real' than Mario, Marioparty, Metroid or something, but I never get as bored with games that are designed for fun as I do with games designed to make you go "WOW! I can ride a bicycle!"

There's a big misconception about realism, you see.

Realism is great if it adds to the gaming experience, it's not great JUST because it's realistic. Deus Ex has realism that ADDS to the game. Halo has realism in that you can just carry two guns, where's the fun there? People go "OH IT'S SO REAL!" So? It's not fun is it? You've got a medium in which to bring your imagination to life, why worry about "Hmm, she couldn't do that if it were real." IT'S NOT REAL. In a world where 'real' gets more ugly every day, people should be doing more things like Nintendo in allowing an escape from it all.

There will come a time when GTA's etc, won't be fun. Because the world outside will actually be exactly the same. You won't be escaping, you'll be playing what you can live. You can't go fight Bowser with a giant hammer can you? You can only do that in games and THAT will always be more fun that ejaculating over the fact that you can enter buildings or ride a bicycle.

Nintendo GET it. They always have and they always will, gamers who play games for reasons that they were created, will always get this. Fanboys who will buy a new PS2 because it has a scratch-your-ass, cook an egg processor, won't.

-AC

Yeah, I agree. Realism is only good if it adds to the game experience, not just because it's there.

However, there are very, very few games that are realistic. GTA? I wouldn't call it realistic. A normal day for me doesn't involve body armor, prostitutes, and hitting police men over the head with a golf club (Okay, so that may be kind of true...stick out tongue)

I see what you mean with too much realism, too. Nintendo will never be in danger of that. wink

It all comes down to what kind of game you like. Gran Turismo? Not my kind of thing. Burnout Revenge? Hellz yes. cool

However, just because something is quote unquote "realistic", a game, doesn't mean it can't be an escape. Like I said, Gran Turismo is recognized as realistic by most gamers, and some people love that, because, yeah, the game may be realistic, but how often do you get to drive a race car at speeds of excess 100 mph?

That's what I mean about "realistic." To me, a realistic game would be where you got up in the morning (probably still tired), went to school, didn't like school, went to work, didn't like work. Oh, yeah, and you might want to throw in getting fired somewhere there.

That would betaking it too far. It will never happen, and it hasn't happened. GTA isn't "realistic" to me. Not even Gran Turismo, in that sense.

Nintendo will always create the games they are good at making. It seems very few companies make the games like Nintendo does, so I think it is important that Nintendo stay in the game, just for a bit of variety. wink

Jedi Shmedi

.......Resident Evil 4 and Metroid........roxxorz....

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Draco69
Please. Hypocrisy? I respect the opinions of those who respect mine. But you on the other hand seem to take great pleasure in the degradation of other opinions than your own.

You see EVERYONE who debates with you should have the right say what you said to me, to you. It makes me laugh that you deem yourself so morally righteous that you don't even acknowledge such an obvious and fatal flaw.

Alpha. Look in the mirror. Read your quote aloud. And just how much of a hypocrite and cynic you truly are.

Well let's respect the fact that your first paragraph is an assumption, not-so cleverly laid out at the start of your post to give you some kind of false base.

Then let's realise that the second paragraph is also you assuming that I deem myself something that I do not. Not too good at this are you? Everyone has the right to say whatever they want to me. People, eg: you, don't like it when I say whatever I like right back at them. We're all entitled to opinion, if mine is an opinion on yours, deal with it.

Let's also realise that your last part is another assumption, wrong to boot.

0 for 3, damn.

-AC

jaden101
it can be argued that Nintendo suffered in the last 2 console "wars" because many of their top executives have quite a strict ethical code that prevented many of the more violent games that fueled the massive rise in the games industry...so they concentrated on what they do better than anyone...simple fun and unoffensive games like mario, zelda, super monkey ball etc

its only very recently that nintendo have allowed games like resident evil

i think they suffered more from bad marketing during the ps2, n64, dreamcast era than having bad games

Alpha Centauri
Xbox suffered from over-marketing and being shit.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
'where he died from a combination of tuberculosis and
a tomahawk to the head' - Mayor Adam West

Lord Follen
I think game cube is better they have better harvest moon games...LOL

Silverstein
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
'where he died from a combination of tuberculosis and
a tomahawk to the head' - Mayor Adam West

dude you are the best laughing i love family guy

JToTheP
God of War, Devil May Cry trilogy, Dragon Ball Z Trilogy, Ratchet & Clank trilogy, Jak & Daxter trilogy, Resident Evil:Outbreak saga, Sly Cooper trilogy, Chaos Legion, Final Fantasy X & X-2, , and Haunting Ground.

That is plenty a reason to own the console, and soon of course, the full version of: Resident Evil 4.

With Ratchet: Deadlocked, Jak X:Combat Racing, Dragon Ball Z:Budokai 4 , I think the Ps2 is doing fine for originality.

Alpha Centauri
The first 13 games you named (trilogies etc) were run along platformers with little to no difference.

Proves my point.

THEN you went on to name those games sequels as proof of originality. How? They're more or less all trying to rip of Banjo Kazooie.

-AC

Zen2nd
All consoles are good. I own all 3. I can say that I enjoyed playing all 3. Different games on each one. But as time passed I moved onto another console. At the moment that console is Xbox. BUT I still like playing Gamecube and PS2.

If you are a real gamer you should appreciate all 3!

Nintendo creates original games

Sony opened up the market

Microsoft create an excellent online service

People who argue about who's console is better, really don't have a clue at all. Since all consoles are good in their own aspects.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Zen2nd
All consoles are good. I own all 3. I can say that I enjoyed playing all 3. Different games on each one. But as time passed I moved onto another console. At the moment that console is Xbox. BUT I still like playing Gamecube and PS2.

If you are a real gamer you should appreciate all 3!

Nintendo creates original games

Sony opened up the market

Microsoft create an excellent online service

People who argue about who's console is better, really don't have a clue at all. Since all consoles are good in their own aspects.

I'm not saying that PS2 is bad, all's I'm saying is I don't play it, for whatever reason. erm

Originally posted by JToTheP
God of War, Devil May Cry trilogy, Dragon Ball Z Trilogy, Ratchet & Clank trilogy, Jak & Daxter trilogy, Resident Evil:Outbreak saga, Sly Cooper trilogy, Chaos Legion, Final Fantasy X & X-2, , and Haunting Ground.

That is plenty a reason to own the console, and soon of course, the full version of: Resident Evil 4.

With Ratchet: Deadlocked, Jak X:Combat Racing, Dragon Ball Z:Budokai 4 , I think the Ps2 is doing fine for originality.

I would agree with you, but just about all the games you listed, I don't like. God of War I beat and then returned for thirty bucks. big grin

Devil May Cry could be one that I would be interested in, but as soon as the next gen comes out, I'll probably forget about it. stick out tongue

Resident Evil I've already got on Gamecube. No need to buy it twice. smile

Blue Dragon
I hate all this bye bye console crap! Instead of creating new consoles (to make lots of money) so if people want a game, they have to buy the new console, why not just create the games for the PS2, X-Box, PS2 etc?

They must think that we have more money than sense. Consoles & games costs lots of money, I am still behind of games from PS1. I have forgotten which ones it's been so long & instead been buying a GC game or something.

Unless you are rich, you will not get every game! It's a way of making money, "let's make another Mario game but instead of putting it on the GameCube let's but it on the Revolution so people have to buy the console to play the game! HAHAHA!"

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Blue Dragon

Unless you are rich, you will not get every game! It's a way of making money, "let's make another Mario game but instead of putting it on the GameCube let's but it on the Revolution so people have to buy the console to play the game! HAHAHA!"

Sadly, that's the way it goes.

JToTheP
I'm not saying that PS2 is bad, all's I'm saying is I don't play it, for whatever reason. erm

I would agree with you, but just about all the games you listed, I don't like. God of War I beat and then returned for thirty bucks. big grin

Devil May Cry could be one that I would be interested in, but as soon as the next gen comes out, I'll probably forget about it. stick out tongue

Resident Evil I've already got on Gamecube. No need to buy it twice. smile

You got cheated out of $20, what a fool, you should of just rented it.

I don't see why everyone is whoring themselves to that damn XBox 360, I could careless about that crap. As for Revolution, if Nintendo plans to charge to download old-school games, I'll only download what I need, I may spend more time playing old-school games than newer games anyway. Ps3 is still a ways off, stop getting your hopes so high up.

They spend years making these new games, and they take so long to complete that you have no replay value left at all, this makes me wish I was addicted to fighting and sports games, I'd get so much more out of games these days.

No one said you HAD to buy RE4 on Ps2 you snob, you're saying the Ps2 is dying, and it isn't you fool. I'm buying RE4 on Ps2, for the extras, and because it is that damn incredible, I could see myself giving it at least another 5 plays through the main game, aside from Ada's scenario also.

BackFire
The fanboyism in this thread is making my brain hurt.

All the systems are good for different reasons, it's a matter of opinion and nothing more, it depends on what type of games you want to play and how you want to play them.

Xbox is the only system to approach the PC is pure volume of online gaming. And it's the only console to have this as their main attribute when drawing new customers in. It's more about the online competitive spirt then having overly excellent and unique games.

Gamecube is all about the traditional style of gaming. It's main concern is providing excellent single player games of a traditional and classic manner with their first party titles, which is, in all honesty, the only thing the system really has going for it.

PS2 enjoys a happy medium in between both systems, which is why it is the most successful. It has a large number of quality games, both of a single player traditional manner, and a new age futuristic online manner. It gives both options to the players.

As for originality, as I said, none of the systems have had much originality as of late. The last truley innovative and original console game that came out was, IMO, GTA3, along with maybe Metroid Prime.

powerfulone1987
It seems like you are biased against Gamecube and showing your nonfanboyism for the system and that's making my head hurt.

How can you say Gamecube is focused on One Player games. It's like the system with the best multiplayer games ever. Especially SuperSmashBrother's Melee.

BackFire
Yes, I'm biased against a system that I own and enjoy. Quite a deduction right there.

I'm going by what's popular on each system. On the GC, it's the single player games that are most popular, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, ect. These are the big name games on the system. It's overall focus is on single player games, rather then pure multiplayer games.

I'm not saying what's "best", because "best" is purely and factually subjective to each person. You think Super Smash bros is the best multiplayer game, someone else may think Halo 2 is. You both have as much merrit and validity because it's a matter of opinion, and nothing more. Something many illogically biased fanboys can't seem to grasp.

powerfulone1987
I didn't say I thought SuperSmashBrother's Melee was the best. Grasp my words for a change.

And I was talking about on the Gamecube and Halo 2 isn't on there. So what was that comparison about. I was talking solely Gamecube.

BackFire
You said:

Followed by:

If GC has the "best multiplayer games", and you point out Smash Bros as "especially" good, as in, better then the rest, then it would be logical to deduce that you are hinting at Smash Bros being the best the GC has to offer. I'll grasp what you say when you say things clearly. If you don't thin SmashBros is the best, then why claim it to be "especially" noteworthy. Why not bring up whatever game you actually think is the best?

The point I was making was that "best" is a matter of opinion. Your statement of GC having the best Multiplayer game is nothing but a baseless opinion, and one that I can't see as having much merrit. It's obvious that the GC's main attribute is excellent single player game.

The fact that you assume that me bringing it up is some sort of negative speaks volume of your, now obvious, fanboyism for the GC. I never meant it as a negative against the GC, I love the cube, I'm just honest about each system, and can recognize the fault of each system, which is more then some can do, apparantly.

powerfulone1987
At the end of your posts you are always saying what you can do and what others can't.

Get over yourself.

And you can logically deduce whatever the heck you want. I say what I want and mean what I want and it doesn't have to translate into what you think it should mean.

Yes I said the GAMECUBE (not supersmashbrother'smelee) has some of the best multiplayer games.
Yes I mentioned supersmashbrother'smelee as being ONE of the best(not the best) on the system(not any other system, no xbox included)

So you need to "logically deduce" nothing and just take it as you receieve it.

This is what I said and if you weren't so hellbent on making things sound a certain way to help your argument then things would go much smoother. Even if it means you wouldn't be as right as you want to be.

And it isn't obvious that the gamecube focuses on one player games, obviously.

And yes I like the gamecube, and I also like the playstation 2 too.
It doesn't matter if you are a fanboy.Without fanboys the systems wouldn't be as successful as they are today.
Just because I like something and disagree with you doesn't make me biased towards anything.
So just get over yourself. That's the overall theme of this message.

BackFire
Truth is the truth. I've seen to many people being biased and illogical when it comes to the faults of each system, simply denying them without backing up their views with any relevent information other then "I think this so this is this". Case and point - You. Back up what you say. WHY do you think GC has the best multiplayer games? What makes you think this? Defend your stance, rather then claiming me biased for admitting faults that every system has. Yeah, doesn't make much sense when you think about it, does it? Being biased would mean I favor one system over the other. Obviously I don't. Though you do.

Obviously, you mean what you want. Problem is, what you suggest with your words is different then what you apparantly mean. Not my fault you have a faulty way of expressing yourself.

Which is what I did. From your post I recieved "okay, he thinks Smash bros is the best GC has to offer, since he used it as a special example for what the system has". If you didn't mean this, make yourself more clear. Not too difficult.

What? I am the one that admitted that there is no "right" or "wrong" in a subject as subjective as video games. I'm simply giving my opinion on the matter using reasoning to back it up. You're the one that claimed I was "biased" for being honest about each system. Keep in mind, I think every system has it's faults, GC isn't the only one. I have no problem admitting everything I've said is my opinion, I make this glaringly clear by saying "I think" in front of my statements. Unlike you, who presents their opinion as if it's some kind of fact - "How can you say Gamecube is focused on One Player games. It's like the system with the best multiplayer games ever. Especially SuperSmashBrother's Melee."

It isn't? Gee. What great games that are primarily multiplayer are on the system? Is the number anywhere near the number of outstanding single player games that are available on the GC? Feel free to present information that may back up your opinion, it may help you.

So? Doesn't mean that they're worth a damn. Fanboys are stupid obnoxious idiots who can't grasp the simple difference between an opinion and a fact, and can't admit that their systems have any fault. They're what gives video gamers such a bad name.

Oh? But apparantly me acknowledging the faults of a system makes me biased against it, right? While you not admitting the fault of a system you like makes you completely unbiased? Yeah...oh wait, no,flip that around, then it's correct.

Yes, because acknowledging the fact that I can admit faults to each system while also pointing out that fanboys generally can't/won't do this because it would mean that their system of idiotic choice isn't perfect (which is true) means I'm full of myself or something, yeah? No.

powerfulone1987
Oh my god.

Read carefully. I didn't say SSBM is the best multiplayer. Receive it.

I did say you were bias for stating faults, state away. Receive it.

Did I say I favor the Gamecube over anything, nope. Receive it.

Oh yes, in order say I like a certain system, which I haven't, I have to state every single problem that the system has,NOT. Receive it.

All this crap about me being a Gamecube biased fanboy is crap. Just because I disagree with some of your statements doesn't make me anything. It could be the playstation 2 we're talking about right now and I would still be against some of your statements. It just so happens that you were blabbering away about this system so that's what we're talkingabout. RECEIVE IT!

BackFire
No, but the way you presented your statement suggested that you did. But, seeing as this was simply a miscommunication, we'll just move on. So what game do you think IS the best GC multiplayer game? You still haven't said.

Nor have you backed up any of your arguments in any way. You said the GC is the best multiplayer system ever. What makes this so? What makes it a better multiplayer system then the Xbox, who's main attribute is their online MULTIPLAYER games.

What the shit? I was discussing ALL the system in my initial post. YOU are the one that singled out the GC and said my acknowledgement of, what I consider to be, a fault in the system means I'm biased. You're the one that started the whole "your biased" thing without merrit or reasoning, you'd do well to remember that, kiddo. I simply stated that from what you are saying, you seem to fall under the category as a fanboy for attacking someone for saying that a system you like isn't perfect. That's one of the biggest red flags for a fan boy. From what I've read from you, you seem to be one. Of course, if you're not, then you have nothing to worry about, right?

powerfulone1987
Well I don't recall how this all started and don't feel like going back and reading it so whatever.

I rather not say which game I THINK is the best multiplayer on the GC.

And I wasn't including online and all that stuff. I am talking about original multiplayer games where there's 4 controllers with all the players in the room.
And I don't think I said the GC is the best system.

And I am not a fanboy.

I plan on getting the PS3, Revolution, and Xbox360.
The only system I don't have is the Xbox, because I dont like it's library of games overall.
Every blue moon a game will come out for it that looks good like Fable and that other RPG Fighting game with the elements and the woman and man.

BackFire
This started because I was talking about the strengths and faults of each system, you apparantly didn't like that I said that the GC is primarily a single player system and claimed I was biased for it.

Seeing as you seemed to take offense to ONLY my negative statement against the GC rather then against the PS2 or the Xbox and attacked me for it, which is a signature of a fanboy,I could only assume you were one.

Also, I agree with you about the Xbox.

powerfulone1987
Well lets just end on the note that you agree with me, b/c this is not a subject that I care strongly about.

hotsauce6548

I don't see why everyone is whoring themselves to that damn XBox 360, I could careless about that crap. As for Revolution, if Nintendo plans to charge to download old-school games, I'll only download what I need, I may spend more time playing old-school games than newer games anyway. Ps3 is still a ways off, stop getting your hopes so high up.

They spend years making these new games, and they take so long to complete that you have no replay value left at all, this makes me wish I was addicted to fighting and sports games, I'd get so much more out of games these days.

No one said you HAD to buy RE4 on Ps2 you snob, you're saying the Ps2 is dying, and it isn't you fool. I'm buying RE4 on Ps2, for the extras, and because it is that damn incredible, I could see myself giving it at least another 5 plays through the main game, aside from Ada's scenario also.

Well, we've got one fanboy confirmed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Relax. erm

I agree with just about everything you've said over the past two pages. yes

Powerfulone seems to start trouble wherever she goes.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, JtotheP is blatantly buying the new RE4 for the new gun and tin box it comes in.

-AC

hotsauce6548
Hahaha, JtotheP is blatantly buying the new RE4 for the new gun and tin box it comes in.

-AC

laughing

I see no reason to buy the game for PS2, if you already own it for Gamecube.

It's the same game, except for a taser. erm

BackFire
laughing

I see no reason to buy the game for PS2, if you already own it for Gamecube.

It's the same game, except for a taser. erm

Taser!?

*Runs off and buys 4 copies of the game*

darth_royke
christ... everyone needs to cool down here.everyone seems to take opinions like they're facts and then stating their opinions like they are facts. calm the hell down! i say if you dont use that console much, then sell it. so if you're using the xbox and gc, sell the ps2. simple as.

theres clearly a nintendo versus everyone else thing going on too. i dont really think you can compare them though. the ps2 and xbox, yes. they have many games out for both formats. but the gc is a different kettle of fish. the appealing thing for me about the gamecube is the mario titles, but i lost interest in these when they went 3d, although the mario kart double dash game was fun. i think banjoe kazooie was too similar to mario64, but thats just the perspective i get from seeing people play it, along with the donkey kong games. zelda games, i have been led to beleive, are always entertaining and enthralling. not only does my 10yr old nephew love it, so does my mate, his girlfriend, many of my other mates, and several older generations i know including a 60 yr old.

alpha, i completely agree with you about realism. i dont play games that are realistic, unless i'm looking at a simulation game. gran turismo was'nt realistic. theres no damage for a start. i think sometimes realism is good because for myself, i like to put myself into the game, immerse myself if you might. i mean, gta would have been terrible if bowser had suddenly appeared the size of a sky scraper and you had to to beat him to save the princess.(although thinking about it... imagine iif it was godzilla or king kong? that actually mite be good as another game...) excuse the tangent.

when i play games i like to escape from real life. no game is truly realistic, realistic games like, driving and sports, are only really realistic if you're a professional sportsperson in that sport. i play nba live because i'd like to beleive that i can win the championship, not because its "realistic".

SaTsuJiN

soul calibur 3 ! >_<!

DanZeke25

Why are people whoring themselves to the 360? Did you even look at the games that are coming out? If i started naming all of them that i was just a little interested in, then i'd name about 20 or more games.

And what does the Ps3 have? They have some of the games the 360, but not much. They have MGS, but i don't like that game. The only games i would get for the Ps3 is God of War 2 because the first one was great as hell, but thats not even confirmed yet. And the other game is the next GTA. So tell me what reason exactly should i get a Ps3? And i used to like the Ps2 the best, actully, i do like the Ps2 over the Xbox, but the next gen is totally different.

And as for the revolution, i dont like the controller, there is no games i want to play on it, Mario is great and stuff, but i dont mind if i dont get to play it, because i dont play video games a whole lot anyway. The conroller might be pretty cool, but i don't like the way it is, and im not gonna buy a revolution for the controller.

hotsauce6548
Taser!?

*Runs off and buys 4 copies of the game*

laughing

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
soul calibur 3 ! >_<!

Nope. I played the second one. It was okay, but nothing to drool over. erm

Originally posted by darth_royke
when i play games i like to escape from real life. no game is truly realistic, realistic games like, driving and sports, are only really realistic if you're a professional sportsperson in that sport. i play nba live because i'd like to beleive that i can win the championship, not because its "realistic".

That's exactly what I said earlier. yes

Originally posted by DanZeke25
Why are people whoring themselves to the 360? Did you even look at the games that are coming out? If i started naming all of them that i was just a little interested in, then i'd name about 20 or more games.

And what does the Ps3 have? They have some of the games the 360, but not much. They have MGS, but i don't like that game. The only games i would get for the Ps3 is God of War 2 because the first one was great as hell, but thats not even confirmed yet. And the other game is the next GTA. So tell me what reason exactly should i get a Ps3? And i used to like the Ps2 the best, actully, i do like the Ps2 over the Xbox, but the next gen is totally different.

Yeah, I agree with you, except the Revolution.

I think its games are going to be so totally different, the Revolution will be worth getting as a secondary system to the 360. (I'll be jamming out playing Halo 3, then want to take a break, so I pop in an FPS into the Revolution and voila! I've got my character in one hand and a gun in the other. stick out tongue)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.