Diablo 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spelljammer
Any of you played it? Did you like it? Would you want to go on a quest with SpellJammer?

This can be the topic all about the best real-time hack N slasher evAr! big grin

Bardock42
Oh....BigEvil....did you really think there would not be a thread aboot the most succesful RPG ever in this Forum...I checked there are at least 5 relating to this topic....well anyways..here's one: Diablo II

Anyways yes I played it...in a Networ with a friend...I usually play Necromance..but I lost my Expansion CD..so I didn't play in a long time....and I would...but I won't....cause I can't cry

Spelljammer
Well obviously there's no offical thread, this could be it! big grin

FeceMan
Where's my Diablo III?

BackFire
Originally posted by FeceMan
Where's my Diablo III?

About 6 years in the future, probably.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by FeceMan
Where's my Diablo III?
SpellJammer thinks that's the one 42 linked too cause they were ranting alot about how there wouldn't be a diablo 3..

If they did make a diablo 3 they should implement the older classes with the newer ones and then they'd have 10 options..

And maybe a secret character option called "Commoner" who has absolutely no special abilitys but starts off with increddible stats and can run uber fast as if he were under a permanent fast potion.. (Farmers got to have some form of self-defence. Fleeing!)

forumcrew
Originally posted by BackFire
About 6 years in the future, probably.

seeing as the blizzard that created diablo no longer really exists i doubt it will happen. and it will be a mmo if it does.

Spelljammer
Originally posted by forumcrew
seeing as the blizzard that created diablo no longer really exists i doubt it will happen. and it will be a mmo if it does.
Diablo 2 still has battlenet right? Cause i was going to buy another diablo 2 sense my last one got stolen.. sad

Spelljammer
Also SpellJammer has never played Hell version. How much more difficult is the hard setting?

soleran30
Diablo2 with the expansion is hella fun enjoy

SaTsuJiN
ever since 1.10 if you dont use "synergy" system.. hell is 10 times harder... maybe even bordering impossible..

Spelljammer
Sounds interesting. \m/ evil face \m/

crazy_shadow
ur diablo 3.....

JUST KIDDING ITS FAKE

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
ever since 1.10 if you dont use "synergy" system.. hell is 10 times harder... maybe even bordering impossible.. ...i was in hardcore...lvl 84..AND...75....75 died on act 2 hell because his lightning resistance sucked and those beatle buggy things killed him....lvl 84 died in act5 from 20 oblivion knights because my f*cking dialup disconnected cry it made me stop playing.

DarkC
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
ur diablo 3.....

JUST KIDDING ITS FAKE
That's Onaga from MK Deception.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by DarkC
That's Onaga from MK Deception. shock i found the pic online and figured id keep it just to trick people into thinking theres a diablo 3 comming

DigiMark007
Hey. So I borrowed D2 from a friend. I own and miked the first one, and also played the expansion (which was meh).

Is it worth it to play "Lord of Destruction" or is the regular game enough? How long a game is it?

Obsidian Fury
Not long. You can clear it in a day or two stick out tongue The expansion is an extra chapter, which is the best chapter in the game asking me. Two new classes, among the two the Druid which is my favorite class. If you want a lasting game, D2 is nothing for you, although for some reason I never seem to grow tired of it.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Hey. So I borrowed D2 from a friend. I own and miked the first one, and also played the expansion (which was meh).

Is it worth it to play "Lord of Destruction" or is the regular game enough? How long a game is it?

oh farking aye!!!

Extra chapter, more equipment (much more), 2 more classes, I think the runewords system was also changed, bigger inventory, about twice as big stash.

Farking awesome LoD thumb up

I played D2 with a bunch of friends recently again, we mainly played so we'd pvp each other at work. Needless to say my Bone Necromancer wtfpwnd everyone and their dog smile

Burning thought
get the game and considering you can come on here, you must have interenet connection, get the latest LoD patches then get mods to increase your fun even more after youve completed the original

DigiMark007
Not really looking for epic sessions of Battlenet. I just want to play through teh single-player. But it sounds like LoD is worth it.

DigiMark007
K, so I realize Diablo III just triggered the drool mechanisms in most of the people who will be reading this post, so D2 isn't really foremost in your thoughts, but I just started playing it today.

As with most games, I'll update with silly little anecdotes and gameplay tidbits as I progress, mainly because I only have one dedicated "video game friend" so you guys are my support group for a lot of this ( embarrasment ).

I'm playing as an Amazon. I was the archer chick in D1 as well, so I wanted to remain consistent.

Obsidian Fury
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help big grin

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help big grin

Heh. Thanks.

Though Diablo doesn't seem the type to vex me. Quest, level up, return to town, buy/sell/upgrade items. Rinse, repeat. Simple in a Gauntlet sort of way, but fun.

They should really let people name their equipment by now though. I want the Epic Loincloth of Pole-Dancing, damnit!

DigiMark007
My friend said it gets hella-hard eventually. Haven't encountered anything too rough yet. Only came close to dying once or twice. The fights are starting to stiffen a bit, though the ranger chick helping me out is surprisingly helpful. I'm almost done with Part I, I think.

And the bow is just straight cheating imo. I love it. Not that I've played enough as the other classes to know (in either D1 or D2) but Amazon (and whatever class used the bow in the first game) seems like the best class to me. But maybe I'm biased or uninformed.

Also. D2 > GTA IV. Yeah, I said it. I can't get into GTA for some reason, and have been playing D2 like a fiend. Maybe Mass Effect before it spoiled it for me by being so awesome.

DigiMark007
So Anduriel was responsible for my first death. I underestimated her. I was hurting her fine, and allowed her to wade in front of me for a few seconds. Bad idea. Tons of money lost.

Then later I swapped out my awesome bow-wielding teammate for a dude with a spear to try it out. He sucks. Now I can't get her back. Stupid autosaves. Isn't there a way to create more than one save? Really bad design flaw imo.

So it's back to the main camp to work up a level 7 rogue to 14-15. Annoyance.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by DigiMark007
So Anduriel was responsible for my first death. I underestimated her. I was hurting her fine, and allowed her to wade in front of me for a few seconds. Bad idea. Tons of money lost.

Then later I swapped out my awesome bow-wielding teammate for a dude with a spear to try it out. He sucks. Now I can't get her back. Stupid autosaves. Isn't there a way to create more than one save? Really bad design flaw imo.

So it's back to the main camp to work up a level 7 rogue to 14-15. Annoyance.

Dude, you can get the chick back if you remember her name. Go to the nearest waypoint, and up there select act I and go to rogue encampment. Find Kashya, hire the chick.

Also, there are some of the lancers which are awesome from Act II. For instance, in Nightmare difficulty, one of the lancers (all henchies change abilities through difficulties so if you want a certain ability, hire the henchie when you're on that difficulty) have auras like defiance which can boost your defense through the roof, making you almost impossible to hit, or the one with Holy Freeze aura that just kicks anus.

PM me if you have more questions, if you want we can meet on some server and I can help you out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.