Cyclops vs. Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wynndar
The totally invulnerable Colossus vs the Cyclops and his "planet destroying" optic blast laughing This thread might rub a few fanboys.

How does Cyclops deal with Colossus total invulnerability, triple human speed, Spiderman-like agility...painting skills, no need to eat or breath, totally unlimited stamina, genius intelligence, and strategy?

How does Colossus survive Cyclops' planet destroying optic blast travelling at light speed from a visor that is psionically fired, strategic skills superior to Captain America, indominable will, brown hair, Batman-like h2h fighting skills, and genius intelligence?

Wynndar
Oh I forgot to mention...Cyclops can absorb Storm's lightning bolts and is one of the premier energy absorbers in Marvel.

The Ion
I take it Cyclops is the newest character of BS Comics?

snoopdogg
The Fantastic Four fanboys and the X-men fanboys..................will there ever be peace?

Wynndar
Originally posted by The Ion
I take it Cyclops is the newest character of BS Comics?

Well this is stuff Ive heard on here. U wont see Cyke demonstrating any of this in actual comic books.

Superherovandal
no he actually can absorb Storm's lightning and has mountain destroying blasts. He is a good hand to hand fighter and one of the best tacticians in Marvel. He's just exaggerating it all. And as CEO of BS Comics Inc. I say he is no BS Character.

RAGE17
Originally posted by snoopdogg
The Fantastic Four fanboys and the X-men fanboys..................will there ever be peace?

Never

Wynndar
But foreal...Who wins between these two?

Im going with Colo

RAGE17
Originally posted by Wynndar
But foreal...Who wins between these two?

Im going with Colo

well since we know his blasts don't affect colossus and it bounces off him who knows..although its stupid and it should affect colossus because its force not light....

Blair Wind
since when can he absorb lighting what f'd up explaination did they give for that?? he can destroy mountains tho, which is not a planet! um....cyke outsmarts collossus, but i dont know about what he can actually do to him....idk right now who wins

Draco69
Colossus. He can take anything Cyke dishs out. Even his mountain-destroying blasts. Thunderclaps. Superjumps. Earthquakes.

Cyke CAN win through plot device or trickery. Like shooting at his eyes.

wannabe
Originally posted by Blair Wind
since when can he absorb lighting what f'd up explaination did they give for that?? I'll post the scans tomorrow (even though they will be in german...sorry)
And NOOO, Scott's primary power is definitely not energy absorption, like it is for Bishop and Shaw, but neither is it for Alex, and yet he absorbed the radiation of a nuclear power plant and the gamma radiation of Hulk...well, and Scott absorbed the electrical energy gathered over minutes by Storm to feed the lifesupport of a planet!
Energy absorption is not the primary feat of the Summers brothers, but for CERTAIN kinds of energy it's PART of their powers.

Metalmanx
Cyke really can't win by shooting at Colossus. And even though his blasts are indeed concussive force, somehow they're still light-based.

It doesn't matter, however. No matter where Cyke shoots, it will have no effect on Colossus.

Colossus, on the other hand, can thunder clap and take Cyke down.

Wynndar
So Colossus can easily take Cyke's strongest blast?

Metalmanx
So Colossus can easily take Cyke's strongest blast?

Not without being knocked back quite a distance, but yes. The blast would probably throw Colossus a considerable length away from the fight. But it wouldn't put him down.

And the parts that come in contact with his skin (as opposed to his clothing) will reflect some other direction after getting the initial hit in.

Wynndar
hmm...so Cyclops' blasts can be reflected with a mirrored surface?

Draco69
Yes. Hell his beams have bounced have bounced off a mirrored surface more times than I can count.

snoopdogg
I remember in a Ultimate X-men issue Cyclops shot a beam and it bounced of Colossus' forehead and hit two villains.

Colossus asked Cyclops why he did that and if he knew it was not gonna hurt him and Cyclops said "nope". But yes this was in the Ultimate universe.

life is cruell
The only instance that shows that cyclops balst have somewhat effect on colossus that i have are Astonishing 10 i believe. Scotts blast are REFLECTED by danger and hit everyother memeber including colossus whos head is simply knocked backward.

Not much evidence wether it would hurt him or not but it would knock him backwards.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Draco69
Yes. Hell his beams have bounced have bounced off a mirrored surface more times than I can count. Yeah the multiple ricpchet's would be hard to keep track of. lol.

There was also the stunt in murder world. . .

wannabe
Colossus certainly takes this fight.
Like many others here i can't remember a story in which Scott's blast was not reflected by Peter's armored form.

Btw...here are the promised scans of Scott absorbing and metabolizing the electricity of Storms lightning.

peejayd
How does Colossus survive Cyclops' planet destroying optic blast travelling at light speed from a visor that is psionically fired, strategic skills superior to Captain America, indominable will, brown hair, Batman-like h2h fighting skills, and genius intelligence?

* exaggerated... no one said those claims other than you, though...

* also, no one claims that Cyke can directly beat Colossus...

* overrating an underrated character is tolerable, but overrating an already overrated character, nah...

Wynndar
it was sarcasm bruh.

peejayd
it was sarcasm bruh.

* i was fully aware of that...

* but claiming Cyke can beat someone is not overrating him...

wannabe
Originally posted by peejayd
* but claiming Cyke can beat someone is not overrating him... depends on who it is he is supposed to be able to beat! big grin

peejayd
* claiming Cyke can defeat Logan is not overrating Cyke...

wannabe
Originally posted by peejayd
* claiming Cyke can defeat Logan is not overrating Cyke... I know, i know, i know, i just wanted to annoy you a little! stick out tongue

peejayd
Originally posted by wannabe
I know, i know, i know, i just wanted to annoy you a little! stick out tongue

* it's ok... stick out tongue

* my point is, no one overrates Cyke, he is the one being underrated most of the time...

peejayd
* i know Colossus can beat Cyke... but once again, Cyke can put a good fight... take a look at this... stick out tongue

peejayd
* and this... stick out tongue

TheKahn
I haven't quite made up my mind yet but I'd like to hear what people think about these scans:

First does anyone think this is enough to K.O. Colossus?
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1040/blast23mj.th.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4375/blast35fm.th.jpg

and secondly how accurate do you think this statement about Cyke's power is?
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9859/blast44mu.th.jpg

peejayd
* pretty powerful...

Metalmanx
Cyclops is indeed very powerful, but he can nothing to Colossus. As much as he wants, his power is futile when facing Colossus.

Colossus wins 9/10. Just in case Scott figures some crazy strategy out.

illadelph12
His best bet would be against Ultimate Colossus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.