Batman in BtVS Villains Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
I'm curious. How would Batman fare against the major villains on BtVS. No prep. Rejuvenated after each bout. How far does he get?

1. 5 Vampires
2. Spike
3. Angelus
4. Faith
5. The Master
6. Adam
7. Glory
8. Mayor Wilkins (giant Snake demon)
9. Dark Willow
10. The First

chilled monkey
1. 5 Vampires- Batman wins.
2. Spike- As above. Batman is a better fighter.
3. Angelus- Close, but I'd say Batman.
4. Faith- Not sure.
5. The Master- Not sure
6. Adam- Batman loses unless he has a device to short Adam out.
7. Glory- Batman loses unless he gets lucky and Ben takes over before he gets crushed.
8. Mayor Wilkins (giant Snake demon)- Batman loses unless he has some very powerful explosive batarangs.
9. Dark Willow- Batman loses. Willow is far too powerful.
10. The First- Stalemate. Neither of them can actually hurt each other.

jesserw21
how bout angelus vs dracula from the show"?

jesserw21
make angel from the show run this gaunlet?

Draco69
5 Vampires: Batman wins. And wonders how the hell five middle-school jocks learned Tae Kwan Do...

Spike: Batman wins. Better fighter. And Spike is simply too impeteous to put up a good fight.

Angel: A better fight. If Angel goes all out he can pull a win. But Batman's gadgets are the cinche.

Faith: She's simply too headstrong and quick to temper to get a win. A bola and pressure points take her out.

The Master: He never did much of mention. He had good strength showings but that was it. Sonics and batgrenades.

Adam- Batman easily. He sees a cyborg. He pulls out an EMP.

Glory: PIS-free Batman has no chance. With PIS he could manage to get his Batwing and initiate death from above but that wouldn't do much.

The Mayor: Batman has faced so many giant snakes in his day...

Dark Willow: The ONLY possible way he could "win" is through psychological ploy. And the chances of that happening is slim. Batman gets curbstomped.

The First: The First can't do anything but piss of Batman off by appearing as his dead parents.

newjak86
1. 5 Vampires Batman wins
2. Spike Batman wins
3. Angelus Batman wins
4. Faith Batman wins
5. The Master Batman wins
6. Adam Batman wins
7. Glory Glory showed power but really specialin terms of I can wipe you from reality with the wave of my hand power.
8. Mayor Wilkins (giant Snake demon) All it took was a bid expolsion to beat him Batman could very well do they same and easier than kids from high school
9. Dark Willow Batman looses here unless he has prep of course I mean she packs some serious magic firepower.
10. The First Batman looses
I hate to tell you this guys but most of the people here have very serious weaknesses that Batman could exploit easily with his training and weapons. His rouge gallery makes some of these people look like jokes.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by newjak86
10. The First Batman looses

No offence, but how does Batman lose? The First can't actually DO anything except annoy him.

Lucid Lui
The First could use it's essence to power a host. Like it did with Caleb.

xmarksthespot
Does Batman regularly carry EMPs though...? I probably should have reversed the Mayor and Glory but for some reason I thought it would be harder to fight a giant snake thing - but yeah I can see him just blowing it up like they did. So reverse the Mayor and Glory.

Lucid Lui
Would an EMP work on Adam? Didn't they try that? I thought the only way to win was to pull out the uranium core thingy...

xmarksthespot
Hmm... I don't remember well. Since he's powered by a uranium core and is part machine I'd assume an EMP would take out the machine part that powers him. Then again he's also part-human and part-demon, and I have no idea if they explained how that interacts.

I see Batman beating all save Glory and Dark Willow. I put in the First because I'm an obsessive compulsive and I wanted 10 in the gauntlet... it could imbue someone with strength to fight him or call up some ubervamps - but that seems a bit prepish - so stalemate. I don't think it could drive him to suicide. Depending upon what Batman has - an EMP just doesn't seem standard gear to me - and whether it would work, he wins or loses to Adam.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hmm... I don't remember well. Since he's powered by a uranium core and is part machine I'd assume an EMP would take out the machine part that powers him. Then again he's also part-human and part-demon, and I have no idea if they explained how that interacts.

I see Batman beating all save Glory and Dark Willow. I put in the First because I'm an obsessive compulsive and I wanted 10 in the gauntlet... it could imbue someone with strength to fight him or call up some ubervamps - but that seems a bit prepish - so stalemate. I don't think it could drive him to suicide. Depending upon what Batman has - an EMP just doesn't seem standard gear to me - and whether it would work, he wins or loses to Adam.

In one episode yes, someone did use electricity against Adam and he just absorbed it. However, there's clearly a limit to how much he can absorb before he overloads. An EMP would have a lot more energy than what was used in the episode, so yes, it could work.

Batman would have a (very slight) chance against Glory. If he can keep her distracted long enough, maybe she'll revert to Ben, allowing Batman to get in a KO. If that doesn't happen, then he's in trouble.

xmarksthespot
She'd likely kill him long before she reverted into Ben...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Bats survives and wins

xmarksthespot
... How exactly do you propose he beats Glory or Dark Willow... no expression

Blair Wind
Depending upon what Batman has - an EMP just doesn't seem standard gear to me - and whether it would work, he wins or loses to Adam.

He does. I JUST read it in some random JLA comics I read. He pulled it out as standard gear, and supposedly it was powerful enough to make people hurt from it (you know how powerful an EMP would have to be to short circuit a human?)

xmarksthespot
Wow.... that's right up there with Bat Shark Repellent...

I still dunno if it would work on Adam considering he was a magic-tech melded Demon-human-cyborg powered by a uranium core...

There's a sentence I never thought I'd have to write.

janus77
Angelus or Spike would kill him, they're rutheless and very smart vamps with far above average strength and speed. Angelus is a patient and careful opponent, unless he's gotta go down to Buffy. Spike's a little impetuous but far more imaginative and adaptive, he'd spot potential weaknesses and exploit them on the fly. allied to the natural advantages of speed, physical strength and endurance, Batman's losing no expression.

Glory's a challenge, but if he could make her hallucinate and disorientate her, she might turn into Ben, at which point he'd have to kill Ben.

Willow should be easier. she's a bookish nerd who has vast natural magical potential. Batman just hits the books, tunes up his mojo and casts a few illusions to open Willow up to a physical attack, then a batgrenade or a batarang to the head ftw.

xmarksthespot
Glory was essentially nigh-invulnerable to physical attacks, only ever actually damaged by a magic troll hammer and after being weakened by the a plot device Dagon sphere. She had superstrength sufficient to collapse a building by stomping her foot, tear down walls like paper and punch through Willow's magic forcefields. She also had superspeed.

The only chance he'd have would be if she somehow reverted into Ben. But the mysticism that prevents people from knowing that they're one and the same would basically leave Batman thinking "Where the hell did Glory go?"

Dark Willow flayed a man with a thought and got up from an axe to the back... no expression
Batman learning magic would entail a lot of prep. And even if he did, she'd still be out of his league and would likely just drain him dry.

janus77
the mystical thing that gave people amnesia of the moment when Glory turns into Ben wouldn't really matter. Batman would have her under aerial surveillance, as part of his general prep. so he'd know she was Ben. the trick would be in finding someway to get her to revert to Ben.

but Batman with magic skills >= Dr. Strange yes.
Batman would just master the stuff enough to force Willow into some kind of temporary vulnerability, say she'd erect a forcefield and attempt to summon some big-ass earth/tree-hugging goddess and take down the forcefield for a second, at which point - Batarang to the noggin ftw!

Batman could beat Willow imo, but not Glory. Glory would be a hideous stretch. Buffy should have lost. hell, I was hoping she'd come to her senses and feed that little twerp (Dawn) to Glory as a peace offering, then get in on in the hot tub with Glory, Faith and umm maybe even Willow - if she promised to misbehave.

xmarksthespot
What prep? messed

xmarksthespot
Bump......

The Pict
hmm

I'm not too sure he could beat Adam

MrHeavySilence
... How exactly do you propose he beats Glory or Dark Willow... no expression

He's got a teleporter on his belt; run far enough, wait it out, and Glory turns back into Ben.

Dark Willow is unbeatable though.

123KID
i'm pretty sure Adam could beat him
he's not that fast but with gattling guns and grenade launchers who needs to be fast

Bad Ash231
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/MajorSnakeGosh1.png

Mindset
I don't think some people realizes that Batman doesn't get prep

Also, Angelus and Spike are both better fighters than Faith.

There are other errors in your order, that is if you are rankking by power/skill.

The Pict
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence

Dark Willow is unbeatable though.

Xander Harris stopped her dur

xmarksthespot
Xander is a pirate, pirates beat everyone.

I think I just went under the assumption that Slayer>Vampire... but meh. I probably should have written it more as a "Who does he beat?" rather than a gauntlet.

Glory and Dark Willow kill Batman, that I'm relatively sure of.
Adam I'm still on the fence, depending on the effectiveness of an EMP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.