Evan Almighty??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikkosison_360
I don't know but I've been hearing rumors about a new "Bruce Almighty" movie coming out. I did some research and found out that Evan Almighty will be kinda like the story of "Noah's Ark"

Mandorallen
Ya, I hear about that too.

sounds interesting. I dont think it is going to be in theaters, just straight to DVD.

Silverstein
who's starring? will it be like Bruce Almighty(comedy)?

Mandorallen
http://imdb.com/title/tt0413099/

Solo
If Steve Carell is in it, it will go to theaters.

Wolfie
They announced Bruce Almighty 2 about a year ago I believe. Jim Carrey didn't want to do it. So, with Steve Carrell's sudden boost in popularity from The 40 Year-Old Virgin, they casted him as the lead and changed the title to Evan Almighty.

He will get the powers of God to build an Ark in preparation of the second flooding. This will be terrible.

Silverstein
why doesnt jim carrey not want to do it?

Sorgo
Originally posted by Wolfie
They announced Bruce Almighty 2 about a year ago I believe. Jim Carrey didn't want to do it. So, with Steve Carrell's sudden boost in popularity from The 40 Year-Old Virgin, they casted him as the lead and changed the title to Evan Almighty.

He will get the powers of God to build an Ark in preparation of the second flooding. This will be terrible.

Evan was an anchor in Bruce Almighty.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Silverstein
I think he does... not want to do it... Doesn't he? blink

T.M
Originally posted by Sorgo

i think he has stated before that he doesn't like doing sequels.

mikkosison_360
Some people actually say that this movie shouldn't come out. They're are protesting about it.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Silverstein

what a F'd up sentence that translates to him wanting to do it.. Steve is funny but I dunno about this movie.

Piggle Humsy
Steve Carrell is hilarious. thumb up
I'm glad he's doing it.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.
I just hope it doesn't flop... erm

Wolfie
Originally posted by Sorgo
I know....

I liked him in Bruce Almighty... as a supporting character. Evan Almighty will be pretty bad. Evan isn't a character that can be placed into the lead role. IMO, Steve Carrell shouldn't be in lead roles period.

Myth
He did just fine in 40 Year Old Virgin. The movie had its problems but none of them had to do with him, he was great. Also he's signed on for like 4 movies.

T.M
Originally posted by mikkosison_360
Some people actually say that this movie shouldn't come out. They're are protesting about it.

i am not protesting but i dont think this should come out. there is no need for it.

mikkosison_360
Originally posted by T.M
i am not protesting but i dont think this should come out. there is no need for it.

True, true.

Solo
This seems very unnecessary, but they may be able to pull something off.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by T.M
i think he has stated before that he doesn't like doing sequels.

Undoubtably true, it seems not since the days of Ace Ventura has Carrey even been slightly interested in the prospect of movie sequels. He has already turned down sequels to Dumb & Dumber, The Mask, and now Bruce Almighty; furthermore if Evan Almighty follows the pattern of the other two films then it may backfire in a comparable fashion.

Originally posted by T.M

Hollywood can't help but produce sequels, remakes, etc. every other chance they get especially when a film makes a $161 million profit.

Cringe
No sequel that had Jim Carrey in the original is going to well.The bar is already placed really high and Steve Carell,although hilarious,cannot possibly fill the show Jim Carrey has left erm

Wolfie
Originally posted by Cringe
No sequel that had Jim Carrey in the original is going to well.
Examples?

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Wolfie
Examples?

The only one I can think of at the moment is "son of the mask".
And the ace ventura animated Television show didn't have his voice, and I didn't find it
entertaining. But then again that's a show.

Wolfie
Ah yes, Dumb and Dumberer as well. I couldn't think of any Jim Carrey sequels other than Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, which had Jim Carrey, and wasn't bad.

Cringe
Those are the two I was thinking of.

dizzyblondegirl
evan almighty is with the guy in the orignal the anchor guy asked by god played again by morgan freeman to build an ark for a second flood doesnt sound all that great to me

Strangelove
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.