Dr. Strange VS. Neron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Who takes it?

Both have a two days of prep.

Debate.

long pig
He's just D.C's Mephisto.

Strange has taken Mephisto out of his realm and held him hostage.

K3VIL
Originally posted by long pig
He's just D.C's Mephisto.

Strange has taken Mephisto out of his realm and held him hostage.
Not exactly.Strange SUMMONED Mephisto, and hold him to let Daredevil ask him some questions.
Strange also quickly closed the portal when Mephisto discovered DD was the one talking to him, cause he sure knowed that the evil being could overcome his magic and exit.

long pig
Either way, he held him in place and sent him back after he got what he wanted.

That isn't the first time Strange took on the Devil, he's beaten him straight up at least twice.

Neron doesn't seem much different.

kgkg
Either way, he held him in place and sent him back after he got what he wanted.

That isn't the first time Strange took on the Devil, he's beaten him straight up at least twice.

Neron doesn't seem much different.
say what?

long pig
I have scans!

The most conclusive time he beat the Devil is in the respect thread.

Strange is getting kicked around hardcore, so he gives up.....then he remembers he can't die unless he allows himself to die. So he starts praying to the Vishanti and in doing so, he lets out an outpouring of power that destroys Hell's landscape and the moon and everything. Strange got kicked out because of it.

Juntai
I have scans!

The most conclusive time he beat the Devil is in the respect thread.

Strange is getting kicked around hardcore, so he gives up.....then he remembers he can't die unless he allows himself to die. So he starts praying to the Vishanti and in doing so, he lets out an outpouring of power that destroys Hell's landscape and the moon and everything. Strange got kicked out because of it. He couldnt have time to start praying like that against Neron, it would be insta-wipe against a bloodlusted hell lord.

long pig
Well, he wasn't sorcerer supreme back then either. So, you never know.

Plus, if his body dies, he can still fight for 24 hours at around 90% normal power...which is kinda silly in a "vs" thread.

I got to admit, I don't know shit about Neron....no

leonidas
<<I got to admit, I don't know shit about Neron....>>

ha! i like a guy who knows his limits, but at the same time it's funny you're debating this thread then . . .

confused

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
<<I got to admit, I don't know shit about Neron....>>

ha! i like a guy who knows his limits, but at the same time it's funny you're debating this thread then . . .

confused laughing

He is making assumptions

long pig
Of course I am.

I normally make shit up as I go..half the fun of this site is to see how far you can B.S until someone calls you on it.

Avalonofthewind
Neron could just have the moon crash into earth.

Laminator_X
Doc smack's down more demon-lords before 9AM than most sorcerers do all-day.

kgkg
Of course I am.

I normally make shit up as I go..half the fun of this site is to see how far you can B.S until someone calls you on it.
if you ever do that again

you ARE DEAD

i am just playin Pig

you B.S pretty good big grin

Marvel=DC
Of course I am.

Ooooooooh this makes everything clear.

long pig
My secret is out! evil face

Beyonder
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Neron could just have the moon crash into earth.

Could, but so could Graviton. Anyways, Strange kicks Neron's ass.

Juntai
Whatever, nothing the heros did even affected Neron, including most of the greatest magic users, his power was far too great. He was even shrugging off attacks from SATAN's own spear, and slapping all the heros silly throughout the entire Underworld Unleashed. Including Fate, Sentinal, Zatanna, everyone...Shit the only reason he even lost was because of his own greed... Captain marvel's soul was too pure for him to take. You're trying to tell me if Strange was there he would have no problem cleaning it up by himself? Please.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Juntai
Whatever, nothing the heros did even affected Neron, including most of the greatest magic users, his power was far too great. He was even shrugging off attacks from SATAN's own spear, and slapping all the heros silly throughout the entire Underworld Unleashed. Including Fate, Sentinal, Zatanna, everyone...Shit the only reason he even lost was because of his own greed... Captain marvel's soul was too pure for him to take. You're trying to tell me if Strange was there he would have no problem cleaning it up by himself? Please.

OMG! It didn't specify which version. Hell current Neron is a b!tch, a demon lord among other demon lord. The one you speak of is his first appearance when his was suppose to be the ultimate demon.

Anyways, Dormammu would've shrugged off attacks from heroes and magic users as well. And yes, Dormammu would crush every hero as well. Heck, he's the guy that blinded Loki and had Loki begging him to undo it. And Loki is a top level sorcerrer. Other than Strange, what mystical hero have beaten him? Shuma Gorath, Mephisto, Nightmare, Satannish, Tiborro, etc., what haven't Strange fought and beaten?

Juntai
Originally posted by Beyonder
OMG! It didn't specify which version. Hell current Neron is a b!tch, a demon lord among other demon lord. The one you speak of is his first appearance when his was suppose to be the ultimate demon.

Anyways, Dormammu would've shrugged off attacks from heroes and magic users as well. And yes, Dormammu would crush every hero as well. Heck, he's the guy that blinded Loki and had Loki begging him to undo it. And Loki is a top level sorcerrer. Other than Strange, what mystical hero have beaten him? Shuma Gorath, Mephisto, Nightmare, Satannish, Tiborro, etc., what haven't Strange fought and beaten? Right but I'm assuming its meant to be Neron at his best...he got dropped in power after Day of Judgement because he lost his seat as Lord of one of the circles...
And in comics, Strange is usually prepped for combat as well, that is not the case here, it's like he was going on a beer run and Neron came to grab up some souls, and they bumped heads on 47th and Carson. It's even footing.
Fate and a lot of the other guys I've named have dealt with all powerful demons and stuff too... but none of them had shit on Neron, that's what you're not understanding.

Beyonder
Right but I'm assuming its meant to be Neron at his best...he got dropped in power after Day of Judgement because he lost his seat as Lord of one of the circles...
And in comics, Strange is usually prepped for combat as well, that is not the case here, it's like he was going on a beer run and Neron came to grab up some souls, and they bumped heads on 47th and Carson. It's even footing.
Fate and a lot of the other guys I've named have dealt with all powerful demons and stuff too... but none of them had shit on Neron, that's what you're not understanding.

Um duh. He'd get his a$$ kicked if he wasn't prep against high level demon lords and extra-dimension entities either. Of course Neron's going to win in this way.

If he came into this fight the way he does against Dormammu, Shuma Gorath, Mephisto, and Satannish, Strange would beat Neron.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Beyonder
Could, but so could Graviton. Anyways, Strange kicks Neron's ass.

Depends on the situation. I'm not knocking down strange, but if its just a random encounter. He's getting his ass whooped.

long pig
Thread starter gave 10 hours prep I think.

It'll end up being Neron w/demon armies vs Strange w/ demon armies.

Juntai
Eh, I guess there is prep for both of them.
I'd still give it to Neron when at optimum strength, no amount of magic or physical damage even effected him let alone contain him.

Maestro
I don't know much about neron, but isn't he pretty much skyfather level based, so subject to this im assuming strange does have a good chance of winning this fight, this is only due to Long pigs respect thread, if he hadn't enlightened me on what Strange is capable of doing, I would of probably said Neron hands down.

long pig
With less than a half hour of prep, Strange managed to stalemate an I.G holder.

If he were to have all his artifacts pointed and charged to use against Neron, I don't see any possible way Neron.....or really anyone could win.

Juntai
Originally posted by Maestro
I don't know much about neron, but isn't he pretty much skyfather level based, so subject to this im assuming strange does have a good chance of winning this fight, this is only due to Long pigs respect thread, if he hadn't enlightened me on what Strange is capable of doing, I would of probably would of said Neron hands down. Neron at optimum power on took on DC Earth and nothing... nothing... they did had any real effect. .

Juntai
With less than a half hour of prep, Strange managed to stalemate an I.G holder.

If he were to have all his artifacts pointed and charged to use against Neron, I don't see any possible way Neron.....or really anyone could win. Yeah but they BOTH have Prep as opposed that incident..

And, Fate who is Stranges equivelent in DC, constantly dealing with ultra powerful demons and stuff failed to do this.... when Neron came in Underworld Unleashed, none of the magic users or anyone could do anything at all to stop him.

long pig
Fate isn't Strange equivelent. Old school Fate was, new guy is lacking big time.

Strange would manhandle Fate and Zatanna at the same time, no biggie.

That doesn't really give Neron much cred.

Juntai
Fate isn't Strange equivelent. Old school Fate was, new guy is lacking big time.

Strange would manhandle Fate and Zatanna at the same time, no biggie.

That doesn't really give Neron much cred. RIght, but what I'm saying is he TOOK ON DC EARTH AND NONE OF THEM COULD DO -ANYTHING AT ALL- TO HARM HIM, THEY EVEN STABBED WITH -SATANS- OWN SPEAR AND IT DID NOTHING. And you think Strange could just wave a hand and deal with him?

Neron was NOT defeated by normal means.
He defeated himself.

Maestro
Yeah but they BOTH have Prep as opposed that incident..

And, Fate who is Stranges equivelent in DC, constantly dealing with ultra powerful demons and stuff failed to do this.... when Neron came in Underworld Unleashed, none of the magic users or anyone could do anything at all to stop him.

Fate isn't really equivalent to Strange, he is more of a poor mans strange. His feats are no way parallel to any of stranges feats. I've never seen fate being able to regularly beat down on beings at skyfather level and beyond, you keep saying Neron was at an incredible energy levels when taking on DC Earth yet your not taking into fact that strange has been able to fight off beings such as Dormammu,Inbetweener, Galactus and even Living tribunal without any prep whose powers equal nerons power at least, with quite a few surpassing his power by a substantial amount.

Juntai
Fate isn't really equivalent to Strange, he is more of a poor mans strange. His feats are no way parallel to any of stranges feats. I've never seen fate being able to regularly beat down on beings at skyfather level and beyond, you keep saying Neron was at an incredible energy levels when taking on DC Earth yet your not taking into fact that strange has been able to fight off beings such as Dormammu,Inbetweener, Galactus and even Living tribunal without any prep whose powers equal nerons power at least, with quite a few surpassing his power by a substantial amount. You've never read underworld unleashed. When he was at optimum levels, he was much higher on the hierarchy than you think. Like I said, Satans own spear did next to nothing to him. None of the heros even really harmed him. He slapped around all of DC Earth.

Essentially, you're saying Strange could take on the entire DC Earth and come out unaffected?

Juntai
Fate isn't really equivalent to Strange, he is more of a poor mans strange. His feats are no way parallel to any of stranges feats. I've never seen fate being able to regularly beat down on beings at skyfather level and beyond, you keep saying Neron was at an incredible energy levels when taking on DC Earth yet your not taking into fact that strange has been able to fight off beings such as Dormammu,Inbetweener, Galactus and even Living tribunal without any prep whose powers equal nerons power at least, with quite a few surpassing his power by a substantial amount. Fate deals with Demons and abstract things and stuff too, the main problem is that he hasnt had a series in some time to back up feats, but in his 4 or 5 parted he did a year or so ago, he was doing all kinds of crazy shit...... and that current Fate is a new guy... fate is always a new guy. Fate's die. It's their... fate...

kgkg
You've never read underworld unleashed. When he was at optimum levels, he was much higher on the hierarchy than you think. Like I said, Satans own spear did next to nothing to him. None of the heros even really harmed him. He slapped around all of DC Earth.

Essentially, you're saying Strange could take on the entire DC Earth and come out unaffected?
no i think he is saying Strange has defeated demons and monster who could take on Marvel earth or DC earth.

Like Shama , Dor

kgkg
With prep or any backing Strange gets killed quickly

Give powers of cosmic at his sides he might be able to take neron depends on how much powers he can gather.

You average Strage gets killed tough

Juntai
Originally posted by kgkg
no i think he is saying Strange has defeated demons and monster who could take on Marvel earth or DC earth.

Like Shama , Dor What I'm saying, is that when written at his optimum levels NOTHING defeated this guy. The only reason the series even came to an end was because he tried to take the one Earth soul that was too pure , and it overloaded his soul keeping... thing... and then everything went back to normal. Nothing really did damage to him at all.

long pig
How much prep does he get? Give him a week, and I'll say yes.

Maestro
You've never read underworld unleashed. When he was at optimum levels, he was much higher on the hierarchy than you think. Like I said, Satans own spear did next to nothing to him. None of the heros even really harmed him. He slapped around all of DC Earth.

I'm not implying strange can do that, your just putting words into my mouth. I'm just basing the fact of previous showings of strange against beings who probably surpass Neron in power, for example, Galactus, LT and IB, and without prep he managed to stalemate them for quite long periods of time. So logically strange with prep should have a decent shot at Neron.

Juntai
How much prep does he get? Give him a week, and I'll say yes. In the scenerio of this thread, both are getting prep.
Do you think he could then?

long pig
My first thought was a spell that would destroy reality, but it takes a week. Mordo attempted to use it, but Strange stopped it.

With 10 hours and all his artfacts, Strange could blow up Earth. Hell, he's blown up planets with 5 minutes prep.

Juntai
The only being on DC Earth that Neron did not care to fight/ beat the crap out of, was the Spectre. Instead, he made a deal with The Spectre Force and ripped Corrigan's out of the Spectre Force and put in a guy with no willpower that couldn't control the Wrath. So the Wrath could do it's thing with no hinderance from a powerful willed mortal anchor. The deal was that if he did this for the Spectre, that Spectre wouldn't come after him.

Maestro
Do you have the comic, care to post some scans?

Juntai
My first thought was a spell that would destroy reality, but it takes a week. Mordo attempted to use it, but Strange stopped it.

With 10 hours and all his artfacts, Strange could blow up Earth. Hell, he's blown up planets with 5 minutes prep. Ugh....

And Superman could do it by stomping hard.
But, that's not what's in question, it's can he DEFEAT them when the oppoenent is prepared for the fight as well.

Matter of fact, drop that idea alltogether, because it's just not feasible.

Juntai
Do you have the comic, care to post some scans? I do not have a scanner, and I wouldn't get out my Spectre ones either way, as they are autographed by Ostrander, as is my Spectre Zero Hour.

Anyone who's read Underworld Unleashed and any or all of it's tie ins all across the DCU know what I'm talking about andknow that it's true.

It was a DC-wide EVENT when Neron came, no single shot bullshit.

Maestro
Hmmm Juntai how come you didn't include to say Neron was defeated by Trickster a circus act?

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/trickster.html

long pig
Don't ask questions if you can't handle the answers. You asked could Strange beat Earth, I said yes and provided reasons.

So, Neron only used 10 hours prep when he took on the entire Earth's heroes??

long pig
Trickster...........?

Juntai
Hmmm Juntai how come you didn't include to say Neron was defeated by Trickster a circus act?

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/trickster.html He wasn't "defeated" by James Jesse, he took Captain Marvel's soul, that's how he was defeated..
Which I mentioned.
James Jesse helped get this accomplished

Don't twist facts.

Juntai
Don't ask questions if you can't handle the answers. You asked could Strange beat Earth, I said yes and provided reasons.

So, Neron only used 10 hours prep when he took on the entire Earth's heroes?? No telling, but when confronting them, he was just effortlessly knocking them out with punches kicks, spells, it didn't matter.. the attacks didn't see very prepared to me.

Maestro

long pig
No, that's not what I'm asking.

How long did Neron prepare for when he attacked all Earth's heroes?

You asked if Strange could duplicate it in 10 hours, so did neron do it in 10 hours?

Juntai

long pig

Juntai
No, that's not what I'm asking.

How long did Neron prepare for when he attacked all Earth's heroes?

You asked if Strange could duplicate it in 10 hours, so did neron do it in 10 hours? And I answered saying "No telling". There was no "AND HE PREPARED FOR EXACTLY 45 MINUTES" line. The shit just happened.

Juntai
Wait....what's Neron's weakness? The eye will pretty much tell Strange what it is in the first second or two. He took Marvel's soul which was too pure for his soul keeping device. Jesse came up with the idea for Marvel to offer his soul up to Neron, which he thought was a great idea...he couldnt refuse.
And it ****ed his soul device up.
His weakness was greed.

long pig
And I answered saying "No telling". There was no "AND HE PREPARED FOR EXACTLY 45 MINUTES" line. The shit just happened.
So you asked if Strange could do something faster than Neron could do it?
Basically, using a missleading question that implied Neron did it in 10 hours when he could have been preparing for it for 1 million years.

Maestro
Juntai why use derogatory words, all I am trying to do is have a discussion on a character and you start insulting me. Im just trying to point you to the fact that Neron was defeated by a circus act who was able to do this by using Nerons weakness which is anything opposite to hate, which strange could probably conjure up in some sort of procedure.

long pig
So, Strange would just give up his own pure soul and it'd defeat Neron.

Sounds pretty simple.

Juntai
Fact is though that no amount of magic and no amount of damage even slowed him down for any length of time. And in this fight in his prep, he may be able to figure our Greed is his weakness in some way... but Strange has no way of serving up Captain Marvel's soul in a trade on a whim to **** up his soul device.

Juntai
So, Strange would just give up his own pure soul and it'd defeat Neron.

Sounds pretty simple. Marvels soul was considered the only soul pure enough. Even out of all the other characters you would consider.. such as Wonder Woman, Superman, Superboy, anyone... without a way of proving Stranges soul is equal to Marvel's the point is moot.

Juntai
Juntai why use derogatory words, all I am trying to do is have a discussion on a character and you start insulting me. Im just trying to point you to the fact that Neron was defeated by a circus act who was able to do this by using Nerons weakness which is anything opposite to hate, which strange could probably conjure up in some sort of procedure. Because I said what happened, then you felt the need to repost it, excentuating marks of a half-truth from a random website, like what I was saying was wrong somehow, I felt offended. And his weakness was his greed, his deals4souls. He took the ONE soul that was too pure. It is specifically written that Marvel the absolute most pure soul.

long pig
Being Sorcerer Supreme means your soul is pure. You can't use the powers of the Vishanti without being pure.
You most definatly can't become their champion unless you're pure.

When Strange even thinks bad thoughts, his powers wains. He's probably more pure than Marvel. His soul is touched by Eternity.

Maestro
Fact is though that no amount of magic and no amount of damage even slowed him down for any length of time. And in this fight in his prep, he may be able to figure our Greed is his weakness in some way... but Strange has no way of serving up Captain Marvel's soul in a trade on a whim to **** up his soul device.

More prove that your not taking into account that strange is way above any magical practitioners on DC Earth.

Juntai
Being Sorcerer Supreme means your soul is pure. You can't use the powers of the Vishanti without being pure.

When Strange even thinks bad thoughts, his powers wains. He's probably more pure than Marvel. His soul is touched by Eternity. It is specifically written in the comic that Marvel the absolute most pure soul there is. Unless you can PROVE otherwise, Strange has no way of defeating him.

kgkg

When Strange even thinks bad thoughts, his powers wains. He's probably more pure than Marvel. His soul is touched by Eternity. touchy touchy

Juntai
More prove that your not taking into account that strange is way above any magical practitioners on DC Earth. You're not taking into account that you don't know what Neron has done or not or how powerful he is at optimum levels and are just basing off of this very fact above that he could defeat him.

Neron when he was going around taking souls from all over DC Earth, was GIVING away powers, he gave Polaris alone power amplified to the levels where he could control planetary movement with his magnetic powers. He did this to hundreds of characters.

Maestro
It is specifically written in the comic that Marvel the absolute most pure soul there is. Unless you can PROVE otherwise, Strange has no way of defeating him.

That may be in the DC Universe, but that doesn't correspond to the Marvel Universe.

Juntai
Anyways, bedtime, peace out.

Juntai
That may be in the DC Universe, but that doesn't correspond to the Marvel Universe. But it DOES correspond to Neron, regardless of what Universe you're trying to auto throw us into.

Bye.

Maestro
You're not taking into account that you don't know what Neron has done or not or how powerful he is at optimum levels and are just basing off of this very fact above that he could defeat him.

Neron when he was going around taking souls from all over DC Earth, was GIVING away powers, he gave Polaris alone power amplified to the levels where he could control planetary movement with his magnetic powers. He did this to hundreds of characters.

Odin gives away powers, e.g stormbreaker to BRB and Thunderstrike to Eric masterson, Odin could probably do the same, what's your point?

Maestro
But it DOES correspond to Neron, regardless of what Universe you're trying to auto throw us into.

Bye.

How does it correspond to Neron, are you trying to say Captain Marvel is the only pure person in both universes?

long pig
(auto quote)

WTF?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.