Thor vs Superman no not really its Zauriel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr.Fate
I decided to do this thread since Zauriel is a really interesting character and has enough power I think to fight Thor. He stalemated Superman and beat the rest of the league which is pretty good. Since Thor and Superman fights are always really close in this forum and could go either way. Both Thor and him have similiar abilities. Superstrenght class 100 (according to Draco thats what Zauriels is at) Invulnerability. flight Zauriel can travel past Mach speeds. Magical weapons. Tons of experaince both in the millions (well maybe no thor but almost). Both powered by godly magic. But Zauriel has that sonic scream and thor his weather powers. So who takes this. And actaully do some research just don't say Thor because he's thor and hes marvel and don't just say Zauriel cause your anti-thor.

soleran30
Wow hmmm Mjolnir has the win but just straight thor he loses

Avalonofthewind
Hmm, after some thought, I've decided to give this to Zauriel.
While Thor is probably physically stronger, Zauriel is strong enough to hold his own but that isn't how this fight will end up. We have Mjolnir vs a Flaming sword from heaven. Fighting ability, Thunder god vs Guardian Angel from beyond time. Using magic against Zauriel should be near useless, but there isn't much Thor can do against the Sonic cry. The other thing is that Zauriel can't be KO. He has never lost consciousness and can be aware of multiple things at once. Something not to be trifled with in a battle.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Hmm, after some thought, I've decided to give this to Zauriel.
While Thor is probably physically stronger, Zauriel is strong enough to hold his own but that isn't how this fight will end up. We have Mjolnir vs a Flaming sword from heaven. Fighting ability, Thunder god vs Guardian Angel from beyond time. Using magic against Zauriel should be near useless, but there isn't much Thor can do against the Sonic cry. The other thing is that Zauriel can't be KO. He has never lost consciousness and can be aware of multiple things at once. Something not to be trifled with in a battle.

Damn, for once I agree. The flaming sword is pretty freaking sweet, and Zauriel definitely knows how to use it. he's one of the few heroes who has actually been around a lot longer than Thor. And never getting KOed is always useful. Zauriel's quite a guy...

Khellendros
Haven't other angels resisted the cry? If they can, I think a friggin full fledged God could do the same. Thor wins. Besides, Zauriel is only... what, class 20 or so? Yeah, I don't see him carrying on much of a slugfest with Thor.

DarkCrawler
He's Class 100.

Khellendros
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
He's Class 100.
According to the comics, or according to Draco?

DarkCrawler
I have read this, and I know it is not official, but these guys have really investigated things:

http://braveandthebold.net/characters/traits/6213.html&section=Powers

And didn't he lift a train or something?

Khellendros
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I have read this, and I know it is not official, but these guys have really investigated things:

http://braveandthebold.net/characters/traits/6213.html&section=Powers

Wow, okay then. So, he has high end strength, but it also says that his sonic cry only carries about 20 tons of force, and like I thought, causes a massive strain on his physical form.

Space M ummy
If Zauriel gets to use the sonic cry, Thor gets to unleash the godforce.

Godforce > Sonic Cry

Still, I call this one almost dead even. Good match.

Solidus Snake
ppl act like thor pulls the god force outta his pocket. it is not instantaneous. an angel from God or the son of a demigod

zauriel wins

Juntai
OK, if Thor is going to call for full backing from Odin to bring forth his mightiest powers ever? Zauriel does the same to his father and all these powers donothing, then he punches a hole through Thor's chest and sends him to hell. Because if we're actually going by highest levels of power, Zauriel actually cannot in any way whatsoever be affected by any power or move, when drawing in max power from his creator.

If not.

This is one hell of a fight.

Zauriel was one of my favorite characters, he's a pimp.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Khellendros
Haven't other angels resisted the cry? If they can, I think a friggin full fledged God could do the same. Thor wins. Besides, Zauriel is only... what, class 20 or so? Yeah, I don't see him carrying on much of a slugfest with Thor.

Can you show us where an angel has resisted the cry?

Juntai
Can you show us where an angel has resisted the cry? Don't even bother, he also thought Zauriel was class twenty.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
ppl act like thor pulls the god force outta his pocket. it is not instantaneous. an angel from God or the son of a demigod

zauriel wins

I never said he could pull the godforce "out of his pocket." It's reasonable to assume that its about as difficult for thor to unleash the godforce as it is for Zauriel to use his sonic cry.
It's also not "the full backing and power of odin" its his own godly essence channeled through the hammer.

All things being equal, the godforce should be WAY stronger than Zauriel's sonic attack.

Also: A demigod is defined as the half mortal son of a god. (i.e. hercules) Odin is NOT a demigod. He's a skyfather. Thor is NOT a demigod. he's a full fledged god in his own right.

I think it's dead even between these two going full out without "calling down the full power of the creator" or any other plot devices to win.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
Actually, he's the son of a Skyfather and an Elder God. Hercules would be considered a demigod.

EDIT:

Damn. Zauriel better hope Thor doesn't dodge/absorb it with his hammer/shrug it off. And ten seconds is enough time to get off one hell of a hammer throw.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Khellendros
Actually, he's the son of a Skyfather and an Elder God. Hercules would be considered a demigod.

EDIT:

Damn. Zauriel better hope Thor doesn't dodge/absorb it with his hammer/shrug it off. And ten seconds is enough time to get off one hell of a hammer throw.

What is there to dodge/absorb? 10 seconds with a being who multitasks in ways Thor can't...plus Zauriel can't be KO'd. Thor can...Magic is a joke to Zauriel...he understands it better than Thor does.

Solidus Snake
so sorry gents

hes not a demigod

the agent of teh father of all creation vs a backwater pantheon that few believe in anymore smile

lets see who gets upset

Space M ummy
What is there to dodge/absorb? 10 seconds with a being who multitasks in ways Thor can't...plus Zauriel can't be KO'd. Thor can...Magic is a joke to Zauriel...he understands it better than Thor does.

I find the "Can't be KO'ed" thing interesting- He can't be knocked out, but he can be killed by conventional means? He's been killed twice already- once by having his head cut off, the other by an orderly WITH A NEEDLE that stopped his heart.

Just because he hasn't been shown to be KTFO doesn't mean it isn't possible. Zauriel's form isn't immune to physical damage, which is what it seems you're implying with the "cant be knocked out" thing.

How does Zauriel "Multitask in ways Thor Can't?"

Princess Diana
Originally posted by Space M ummy
I find the "Can't be KO'ed" thing interesting- He can't be knocked out, but he can be killed by conventional means? He's been killed twice already- once by having his head cut off, the other by an orderly WITH A NEEDLE that stopped his heart.

Just because he hasn't been shown to be KTFO doesn't mean it isn't possible. Zauriel's form isn't immune to physical damage, which is what it seems you're implying with the "cant be knocked out" thing.

His "overmind" mind sees all

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Princess Diana
His "overmind" mind sees all

Great, so he gets to SEE Mjolnir, in detail, before it knocks him the F out.

I don't see this being a benefit. Thor isn't in disguise trying to trick him, this is a straight up fight. Surfer and other cosmics have "cosmic awareness" and it didn't seem to help at all vs. Thor.

besides, how is "seeing all" multitasking? (In ways thor cant)

Princess Diana
Great, so he gets to SEE Mjolnir, in detail, before it knocks him the F out.

I don't see this being a benefit. Thor isn't in disguise trying to trick him, this is a straight up fight. Surfer and other cosmics have "cosmic awareness" and it didn't seem to help at all vs. Thor.

besides, how is "seeing all" multitasking? (In ways thor cant)

to know what your seeing from countless locations and even carry out a simple conversation would be more than any computer could do re multi tasking. Zauriels sword negates the hammer anyhow.

Ol winghead hasn't a prayer because Odin is a small god smile

Space M ummy
to know what your seeing from countless locations and even carry out a simple conversation would be more than any computer could do re multi tasking. Zauriels sword negates the hammer anyhow.

Ol winghead hasn't a prayer because Odin is a small god smile

I'm trying to figure out what you mean by your first paragraph and not having any success. Your poor grammar skills are too much for me to handle this early in the morning.

could you explain again how "seeing all" differs from "cosmic awareness" which doesn't help AT ALL in hand to hand combat?

I also have no idea what you mean by the flaming sword "negating" Mjolnir. Do you mean it renders it powerless? That's never happened, ever, by any being in any continuity. Mjolnir is one of the most powerful magical items in existence. Superman can't even LIFT IT UP without Odin's permission. I don't see Zauriel whipping that ability out of his ass.

Is that sword powerful? Yes. Powerful enough to negate all of mjolnir's abilities? No. It grants near limitless strength, Control of weather, teleportation, can cross dimensional barriers, Can absorb almost ANY energy directed at it, and is for all intents and purposes indestructible.

Zauriel is tough. Thor is tough. I think this match...without any "calling down the full backing of the presence" or "using the full power of odin with the runes" nonsense is a stalemate.

Princess Diana
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by your first paragraph and not having any success. Your poor grammar skills are too much for me to handle this early in the morning.

could you explain again how "seeing all" differs from "cosmic awareness" which doesn't help AT ALL in hand to hand combat?

I also have no idea what you mean by the flaming sword "negating" Mjolnir. Do you mean it renders it powerless? That's never happened, ever, by any being in any continuity. Mjolnir is one of the most powerful magical items in existence. Superman can't even LIFT IT UP without Odin's permission. I don't see Zauriel whipping that ability out of his ass.

Is that sword powerful? Yes. Powerful enough to negate all of mjolnir's abilities? No. It grants near limitless strength, Control of weather, teleportation, can cross dimensional barriers, Can absorb almost ANY energy directed at it, and is for all intents and purposes indestructible.

Zauriel is tough. Thor is tough. I think this match...without any "calling down the full backing of the presence" or "using the full power of odin with the runes" nonsense is a stalemate.

you asked how he multi tasked I told you smile

now you ask another question - nope its my turn!

Who is greater in power? - God or Odin smile

Space M ummy
you asked how he multi tasked I told you smile

now you ask another question - nope its my turn!

Who is greater in power? - God or Odin smile

I asked how Zauriel could "multitask beyond thor's abilities"
and you said something like "he can see everything" which is NOT multitasking (duh) and has no use in a fight. I also asked you how it differs from cosmic awareness, which the surfer has and was of no use to him in combat with thor. you chose to ignore that one, I wonder why.

last time I checked, this wasn't a "The Presence" vs. Odin thread.

this is Zauriel vs. Thor.

Theoretically, everything is a creation of the presence (or TOAA, etc and so forth.) what we're looking at is whether the power of either one of these SPECIFIC creations exceeds the other. Zauriel cannot call down the full backing of the presence in any fight he chooses, otherwise he'd do so all the time. Thor isn't the reality wrecking RKT all of the time, either. This is both entities at their normal power levels duking it out.

Princess Diana
I asked how Zauriel could "multitask beyond thor's abilities"
and you said something like "he can see everything" which is NOT multitasking (duh) and has no use in a fight. I also asked you how it differs from cosmic awareness, which the surfer has and was of no use to him in combat with thor. you chose to ignore that one, I wonder why.

last time I checked, this wasn't a "The Presence" vs. Odin thread.

this is Zauriel vs. Thor.

Theoretically, everything is a creation of the presence (or TOAA, etc and so forth.) what we're looking at is whether the power of either one of these SPECIFIC creations exceeds the other. Zauriel cannot call down the full backing of the presence in any fight he chooses, otherwise he'd do so all the time. Thor isn't the reality wrecking RKT all of the time, either. This is both entities at their normal power levels duking it out.

I explained how he could multi task beyond thors abilities, never seen standard Thor fight and recieve data from everywhere.
Didn't you bring up the Godforce?
Someone did and it wasn't me.
At normal power level Zauriel does not have enough showings to really know what he can or cannot do.

DarkCrawler
Sword:

Armor:

Space M ummy
I explained how he could multi task beyond thors abilities, never seen standard Thor fight and recieve data from everywhere.
Didn't you bring up the Godforce?
Someone did and it wasn't me.
At normal power level Zauriel does not have enough showings to really know what he can or cannot do.

Yes, I did bring up the godforce since the godforce is part of Thor's standard abilities that he can use at any time. It has nothing to do with Odin.

Thor is a god. The Godforce is HIS OWN GODLY ESSENCE channeled through the hammer. Its insanely powerful- It cracked open Exitar's protective armor (Exitar is a CELESTIAL), Stopped the Juggernaut, and GALACTUS ran *away* from it in fear.

Zauriel's sonic scream has a force of about 20 tons or so. it can liquefy any material UP to Steel. Impressive but the godforce is WAY past this.

Are you confusing the Godforce with the Odinforce? they're two separate things.

Zauriel has had plenty of showings so far. The character debuted in what...1997? He's not like sentry who showed up last year and hasn't actually DONE anything yet. What you mean is that Zauriel hasnt had any showings sufficient to prove he could beat Thor in hand to hand combat.

Crawler: Good info on Zauriel's equipment. the sword is more impressive than I thought and I didn't know about the armor. With the armor I'd say Zauriel is about as durable as thor, maybe a little less.

I still say both characters going flat out is a stalemate, but if thor goes all out with the godforce, Zauriel's probably in trouble.

DarkCrawler
Got it from http://www.braveandthebold.net/ .

Juntai
Yes, I did bring up the godforce since the godforce is part of Thor's standard abilities that he can use at any time. It has nothing to do with Odin.

Thor is a god. The Godforce is HIS OWN GODLY ESSENCE channeled through the hammer. Its insanely powerful- It cracked open Exitar's protective armor (Exitar is a CELESTIAL), Stopped the Juggernaut, and GALACTUS ran *away* from it in fear.

Zauriel's sonic scream has a force of about 20 tons or so. it can liquefy any material UP to Steel. Impressive but the godforce is WAY past this.

Are you confusing the Godforce with the Odinforce? they're two separate things.

Zauriel has had plenty of showings so far. The character debuted in what...1997? He's not like sentry who showed up last year and hasn't actually DONE anything yet. What you mean is that Zauriel hasnt had any showings sufficient to prove he could beat Thor in hand to hand combat.

Crawler: Good info on Zauriel's equipment. the sword is more impressive than I thought and I didn't know about the armor. With the armor I'd say Zauriel is about as durable as thor, maybe a little less.

I still say both characters going flat out is a stalemate, but if thor goes all out with the godforce, Zauriel's probably in trouble. I could probably agree with that.. If they fought melee, it would be an awesome... spectacular... fight. But if Thor brings out all the magic, it edges in his favor.

Avalonofthewind

While you, I or Thor could only truly concentrate on 1 thing at a time. Zauriel can concentrate on dozens of things. and fully comprehend them all.

ImmortalOne
Im just gonna pull out a silly comment!! Why?? Cuz Zauriel is the second PIMP in DC, PC Darkseid is the PimpKing !!!

Superman wrestled Asmodel before right !!! Asmodel a freakin uber-fallen angel host (which what Zauriel was excatly also before he mortalized himself)

After he mortalized himself, hes still able to take on the JlA, do you see the power resemblence between Mortal-Zauriel and Fallen-Asmodel, and oh yeah I consider "fallen" mode is uber powerful because the fallen goes into rampage and "unleas their full potential" er somthin like that....

Can you imagine millions of Asmodels and Zauriels plus Michael and Lucifer attack another Universe............ I wonder who can stop this horde "holy mean machines" ??

Space M ummy
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Im just gonna pull out a silly comment!! Why?? Cuz Zauriel is the second PIMP in DC, PC Darkseid is the PimpKing !!!

Superman wrestled Asmodel before right !!! Asmodel a freakin uber-fallen angel host (which what Zauriel was excatly also before he mortalized himself)

After he mortalized himself, hes still able to take on the JlA, do you see the power resemblence between Mortal-Zauriel and Fallen-Asmodel, and oh yeah I consider "fallen" mode is uber powerful because the fallen goes into rampage and "unleas their full potential" er somthin like that....

Can you imagine millions of Asmodels and Zauriels plus Michael and Lucifer attack another Universe............ I wonder who can stop this horde "holy mean machines" ??

A million wolverines....

with bone claws

ImmortalOne
Dude, thats overkill.............. Well DC has an answer............. A million Bat-Kickers wearing the newest Nike model !!!

Space M ummy
A million longshots with crazy luck powers invades the DCU, causing it to implode and annihilate itself in the most spectacular display of PIS ever seen in comicdom.

Edit: all longshots, of course, miraculously survive.

ImmortalOne
Shit !!! Its supposed to be:

Uber-JP-Prime-Drank the Sentry Serum-Has the HOTU-Wearing IG-Wearing Batman Boots-Has a Magnum Condom !!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.