Pre-Crisis Superman with Ruby of Cytorrak vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Yes, i am serious

The True Fear
Superman would kick his ass all around the universe

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by The True Fear
Superman would kick his ass all around the universe

hystericalhystericalhystericalhystericalhysterical

GalacticStorm
The ruby of Cytorrak wouldnt really prove to be benificial to Pre C Supes. He's stronger than Juggenaut anyway plus his invulnerability level was really high anyway. At most it would make him more durable but as Galactus is more powerful than Cytorrak he could negate the effects of the ruby and Galactus can annihilate Pre C Supes anyway so Galactus wins with ease.

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
The ruby of Cytorrak wouldnt really prove to be benificial to Pre C Supes. He's stronger than Juggenaut anyway plus his invulnerability level was really high anyway. At most it would make him more durable but as Galactus is more powerful than Cytorrak he could negate the effects of the ruby and Galactus can annihilate Pre C Supes anyway so Galactus wins with ease. Unless Superman did his instant universal hop all the way to The Sword of Superman and became a completely omnipotent aspect of God, as was his destiny, which he could achieve any time he wanted.

Or he could hypnotize G with his belt.
Or build an ultimate nullifier, that's basic work for a guy who makes shit up.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
Unless Superman did his instant universal hop all the way to The Sword of Superman and became a completely omnipotent aspect of God, as was his destiny, which he could achieve any time he wanted.

Or he could hypnotize G with his belt.
Or build an ultimate nullifier, that's basic work for a guy who makes shit up.

Pre Crisis Supes was written at various levels he had some awfully low showings some really high ones but at the end of the day he could never beat Pre C DS in a one on one showdown. Galactus was Marvels equivalent of Pre Crisis DS at the time Kirby who was writing for both of them in the 70's said their power levels were equal. Based on that Galactus would win. Also remember J that the threadmaker has stated what weapons supes has the sword of truth and/or the ultimate nullifier arent included.

Juntai
Pre Crisis Supes was written at various levels he had some awfully low showings some really high ones but at the end of the day he could never beat Pre C DS in a one on one showdown. Galactus was Marvels equivalent of Pre Crisis DS at the time Kirby who was writinf for both of them in the 70's said their power levels were equal. Based on that Galactus would win. Also remember J that the threadmaker has stated what weapons supes has the sword of truth and/or the ultimate nullifier arent included. Well, full power Darkseid is equal to full power Galactus, but that isn't the case in this scenario, as there is no alluding towards him being in full range of power anywhere in the thread, so I'm left to assume it's 'average showing Galactus', in which case, things like this seem very plausible ways of besting him--

Juntai
And control over matter with Super vision..

Juntai
And of course, we all know Superman has indirect but near complete control over time and space as if it meant nothing to him. He could even possibly vibrate Galactus' form by touching him fast enough that he travels into entropy.

GalacticStorm
Well, full power Darkseid is equal to full power Galactus, but that isn't the case in this scenario, as there is no alluding towards him being in full range of power anywhere in the thread, so I'm left to assume it's 'average showing Galactus', in which case, things like this seem very plausible ways of besting him--

Well actually as per forum rules its the assumption with threads that unless otherwise stated characters are at full power. wink

Supes goes down!!!! stick out tongue

GalacticStorm
And of course, we all know Superman has indirect but near complete control over time and space as if it meant nothing to him. He could even possibly vibrate Galactus' form by touching him fast enough that he travels into entropy.

Galactus is a fundamental force of the universe. Such an attack would be nothing to him especially when hes at full power.

Juntai
Well actually as per forum rules its the assumption with threads that unless otherwise stated characters are at full power. wink

Supes goes down!!!! stick out tongue Eh... how often has Galactus showed up to battle at Full Power in all of on panel marvel history?
once maybe? twice?

And how many times otherwise?
Every time, and much lesser than Pre C Superman has dealt with him.

GalacticStorm
Eh... how often has Galactus showed up to battle at Full Power in all of on panel marvel history?
once maybe? twice?

And how many times otherwise?
Every time, and much lesser than Pre C Superman has dealt with him.

Irrelevant. This debates about a full power Galactus thats all that matters, not his past performances when running on empty.

Debating with the threadmakers conditions in mind i believe a full power Galactus would win with ease. What do you think?

Juntai
How do you propose he would do it?

Juntai
Galactus is a fundamental force of the universe. Such an attack would be nothing to him especially when hes at full power. Only his consciousness is, not his avatar.
Are we discussing DEFEATING Galactus- similar to what Krona did.
Or are we talking about can Pre Crisis Superman break down reality as a whole?

GalacticStorm
How do you propose he would do it?

As a high level cosmic you cant really dissect a battle like that as you can with street levellers. However based on him being ridiculously more powerful than Pre C Supes and the fact that that version of supes despite his high showings could never beat DS id say Galactus has this in the bag. wink

Juntai
As a high level cosmic you cant really dissect a battle like that as you can with street levellers. However based on him being ridiculously more powerful than Pre C Supes and the fact that that version of supes despite his high showings could never beat DS id say Galactus has this in the bag. wink sad the Darkseid = Galactus arguement is nearly irrifutible. Why ruin my fun?

GalacticStorm
Only his consciousness is, not his avatar.
Are we discussing DEFEATING Galactus- similar to what Krona did.
Or are we talking about can Pre Crisis Superman break down reality as a whole?

Galactus isnt the same as the abstracts he doesnt have an M body. He is a physical force. The most powerful physical being in Marvel.

Lets not go off on tangents here. Focus. Who wins straight up. I say Galactus for the aforementioned reasons.

GalacticStorm
sad the Darkseid = Galactus arguement is nearly irrifutible. Why ruin my fun?

laughing out loud I like debating with you. Come up with another thread and i'll see you there. wink

Juntai
Galactus isnt the same as the abstracts he doesnt have an M body. He is a physical force. The most powerful physical being in Marvel.

Lets not go off on tangents here. Focus. Who wins straight up. I say Galactus for the aforementioned reasons. Ah, but Krona killed him, and at the end of the series, he formed a new being. These are called avatars. It's also been mentioned that Galactus is beyond his physical form hasn't it? And that his physical form is just how people inside the universe percieve him?

GalacticStorm
Ah, but Krona killed him, and at the end of the series, he formed a new being. These are called avatars. It's also been mentioned that Galactus is beyond his physical form hasn't it? And that his physical form is just how people inside the universe percieve him?

How we see Galactus is down to culture and our ideals. We see or at least Marvel earth see him in humanoid form. The Skrulls see him in a skrull form and so on. His physical presence is very much still there its just perceived differently by different races. The abstracts and so on manifest in reality via M-bodies, thats different to Galactus whose armour contains and regulates his physical presence his energies.

Do you know what im confused as hell lol. Forget this rubbish. So you think Galactus wins now? laughing out loud

Juntai
How we see Galactus is down to culture and our ideals. We see or at least Marvel earth see him in humanoid form. The Skrulls see him in a skrull form and so on. His physical presence is very much still there its just perceived differently by different races. The abstracts and so on manifest in reality via M-bodies, thats different to Galactus whose armour contains and regulates his physical presence his energies.

Do you know what im confused as hell lol. Forget this rubbish. So you think Galactus wins now? laughing out loud Yeah, because I understand Galactus full power = Darkseid full power. . .Except that Darksied uses avatars because he's beyond the universe.

GalacticStorm
Yeah, because I understand Galactus full power = Darkseid full power. . .Except that Darksied uses avatars because he's beyond the universe.

Where was it established that DS uses avatars? cos i would love to read that comic.

Juntai
Where was it established that DS uses avatars? cos i would love to read that comic. Check your local Darkseid respect thread, it's got details about the avatars and even has pics , but also you figure out that his true being is beyond the universe when Spectre erased and recreated him during Hal Jordan's Spectre run, which was Issue 19 "Freedom and It's horrors."

Space M ummy
Didnt Pre-Crisis supes still have crippling weaknesses to kryptonite radiation and red sun energy? Whats to stop galactus from irradiating him to hell with energy that saps his powers?

Juntai
How about this Mummy?
Flying backwards faster than lightspeed, dodging between rays of yellow and red so the red won't affect him, while he figures out a plan of stopping it.

GalacticStorm
Check your local Darkseid respect thread, it's got details about the avatars and even has pics , but also you figure out that his true being is beyond the universe when Spectre erased and recreated him during Hal Jordan's Spectre run, which was Issue 19 "Freedom and It's horrors."

Sorry to trouble ya J. Have you got a link to this respect DS thread?

Juntai
Sorry to trouble ya J. Have you got a link to this respect DS thread? Better yet, I'll get you the link inside of the thread that leads to the page where it's all c/ped from, and the pics actually work.

I'll edit this post with it in just a moment.

http://www.comicboards.com/newgods/view.php?trd=040620012237

There you go, it's got modern and old feats on there.

GalacticStorm
Better yet, I'll get you the link inside of the thread that leads to the page where it's all c/ped from, and the pics actually work.

I'll edit this post with it in just a moment.

http://www.comicboards.com/newgods/view.php?trd=040620012237

There you go, it's got modern and old feats on there.

Thanks a lot Juntai. big grin

Space M ummy
How about this Mummy?
Flying backwards faster than lightspeed, dodging between rays of yellow and red so the red won't affect him, while he figures out a plan of stopping it.

lol. That's pure insanity. PC supes was something else.

its interesting to note that he's not dodging between red and yellow light beams, but moving along the line where the red radiation meets the yellow to avoid it, while waiting for the sun to change back to yellow so he doesn't lose all his powers.

This is a different scenario than facing galactus who can move as fast as he can, and can't be manipulated into emitting only yellow radiation.

All this scan does is show that if bombarded with enough red radiation, PC supes WILL lose all of his powers. I'm convinced galactus is fast enough and powerful enough to hit him.

Juntai
Originally posted by Space M ummy
lol. That's pure insanity. PC supes was something else.

its interesting to note that he's not dodging between red and yellow light beams, but moving along the line where the red radiation meets the yellow to avoid it, while waiting for the sun to change back to yellow so he doesn't lose all his powers.

This is a different scenario than facing galactus who can move as fast as he can, and can't be manipulated into emitting only yellow radiation.

All this scan does is show that if bombarded with enough red radiation, PC supes WILL lose all of his powers. I'm convinced galactus is fast enough and powerful enough to hit him. But he moves back and forth through time on a whim.

Juntai
and can even punch or carry or thow others through time too.

Juntai
...matter control powers.
Here, he changes a solid bullet into a harmless beam of light by looking at it.

Juntai
He also had telepathic powers and all kids of shit.
This isn't regular Supes.

G still wins as at full power he's equal to full power Darkseid, who crushed PC Supes... but Supes is by far no joke.

Beyonder
Galactus.

Space M ummy
re: Matter control and movement through time:
Surfer has this.

Galactus CREATED the surfer, and can be assumed to have any powers given to his heralds to a MUCH greater degree.

Moving through time? So can Surfer, Ergo, So can Galactus. Galactus also came into being at the dawn of the Marvel U, so hell of a lot of good moving through time will do.

Supes: "oh, I've just gone back 300 billion years in time"

Galactus: Hi there.

Telepathy? Professor X, the most powerful telepath in the marvel universe could just BARELY get galactus to NOTICE him when he goes all out. Supes' telepathy is worthless here.

Galactus can casually cross dimensions at will AND the Surfer has been shown to be able to use his powers to reverse fifth dimension imp magic. Ergo, so can Galactus.

Face it, PC supes is SCREWED. He's powerful, but Galactus is something totally out of his league.

Juntai
re: Matter control and movement through time:
Surfer has this.

Galactus CREATED the surfer, and can be assumed to have any powers given to his heralds to a MUCH greater degree.

Moving through time? So can Surfer, Ergo, So can Galactus. Galactus also came into being at the dawn of the Marvel U, so hell of a lot of good moving through time will do.

Supes: "oh, I've just gone back 300 billion years in time"

Galactus: Hi there.

Galactus can casually cross dimensions at will AND the Surfer has been shown to be able to use his powers to reverse fifth dimension imp magic. Ergo, so can Galactus.

Face it, PC supes is SCREWED. He's powerful, but Galactus is something totally out of his league. I wasn't arguing that, and I know full well the capabilities of Galactus, I was just showing you feats and why he'd be no joke.I already had said Galactus wins like 5 times, why are you acting like you're defeating me in a debate?

Space M ummy
lol ok. Don't mind me, I'm having a bad day and feeling argumentative.

carry on.

Juntai
The one difference between them though, is that Galactus is limited to making sense, even with power cosmic, which is all science based..... Superman is not limited to this--
Example..

Space M ummy
ah, but you see that would never work against Galactus, since the big G only drives high quality foreign cars and not domestic crap.

If those guys were driving a toyota, that never would have happened.

Juntai
ah, but you see that would never work against Galactus, since the big G only drives high quality foreign cars and not domestic crap.

If those guys were driving a toyota, that never would have happened. lmfao.

golem370
I heard Galactus is coming back.

Wynndar
U read the latest F4?

h1a8
Everyone is forgeting the title of this thread.
It is PC superman with ruby of cytorrak against Galactus
and not PC superman against Galactus.

First of all, Cytorrak is well above skyfather level. He has trapped Galactus in his dimension in which he couldn't escape under his own power. Also, if you look at these sites:

http://www.immortalthor.net/marveluniversestats.html
see durability

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-juggernaut.html
see juggernaut's durability

http://www.immortalthor.net/bio-galactus.html
see galactus' durability

these sites prove that a small trinket of Cytorrak's power can make someone have durability (absolutely indestructible) greater than that of Galactus. Wow! I wonder what is Cytorrak's durability (Or his full power potential). He is probably abstract.

Also, Galactus has stated that he is not very effective against magics.
This is because his science based power doesn't function properly against it. This is why he doesn't like it.

With all that said, Superman (with his cytorrak force field up) will become absolutely indestructible. No radiation can affect him, no being can absorb him, no force can cause damage to him, and no force can resist him (add this to pc superman original force). Thus he cannot lose.
But for him to win is another argument.

This fight is at least a draw for superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.