Asgard vs Olympus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvel=DC
Which pantheon wins?

Asgard
Odin
Thor
Loki
Hela

VS

Olympus (DC)
Zeus
Hercules
Ares
Hades

armandovalles
Asgard wins. Ares is the weak end of team Olympus. Change Ares w/ Pluto and then we'll have one hell of a fight cuz

Odin = Zeus

Thor = Hercules

Loki = Pluto

Hela ? Hades

Marvel=DC
Fine Pluto in exchange for Ares although I'm not so sure ares would loose.

thesilverspider
last time i checked pluto was hades

Marvel=DC
Originally posted by thesilverspider
last time i checked pluto was hades

DAMN you beat me to the punch I got off line and realized not only was Pluto Hades but Pluto is a Roman God not Greek exchange "Pluto" for Poseidon.

olympian
"Asgard wins. Ares is the weak end of team Olympus. Change Ares w/ Pluto and then we'll have one hell of a fight cuz"

If you are using DC Olympus, then Ares is on another level. Hes nearly skyfather level there.

And Pluto is merely the Roman name given to Hades.

wannabe
it's pretty much even. yes

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
"Asgard wins. Ares is the weak end of team Olympus. Change Ares w/ Pluto and then we'll have one hell of a fight cuz"

If you are using DC Olympus, then Ares is on another level. Hes nearly skyfather level there.

And Pluto is merely the Roman name given to Hades. Actually, Ares took Zues' throne and garnered even more power.
The Quintessence has effectively been falling apart for some time now.
Zues is missing.
Shazam is dead.
Ganthet is sending out the rings to rebuild the core, so apperently he's still health.
Not sure of the others entirely, haven't really seen them mentioned.

Marvel=DC
^ It's part of the new beginning DC has in store since they're making Superman stronger they're going to do the same to Wonder Woman and have a new s*** load of powerful enemies.

Maestro
Isn't poseidon in Marvel pretty much Sky father level?

o.g. slaughter
Originally posted by Marvel=DC
^ It's part of the new beginning DC has in store since they're making Superman stronger they're going to do the same to Wonder Woman and have a new s*** load of powerful enemies.

how do u kno that? and are u talkin bout infinite crisis?

Marvel=DC
^ These are DC Olympians.

Smaxxer
Originally posted by Maestro
Isn't poseidon in Marvel pretty much Sky father level?
That's a good question. Is there something as "demi skyfather" ?

He's quite a bit below his brother Zeus, who is Skyfather, but Poseiden still very powerful.

Hmmm... but I still don't see him as a skyfather, not even a half one.

o.g. slaughter
can someone please explain what skyfathers are please?

ImmortalOne
SkyFather = a being two steps above herald-level.......

Anyway, I thought Olympians are immortal and Asgardians just have a long livetime !!!

The Ion
Originally posted by Juntai
Actually, Ares took Zues' throne and garnered even more power.
The Quintessence has effectively been falling apart for some time now.
Zues is missing.
Shazam is dead.
Ganthet is sending out the rings to rebuild the core, so apperently he's still health.
Not sure of the others entirely, haven't really seen them mentioned.
Phantom Stranger got turned to a mouse but he's back to normal. Still not a good time to be a member of that group though. Highfather better watch out. laughing

ImmortalOne
PS is the best of theQ IMO........... Hes got that ..... Gray Ghost look !!!

Marvel=DC
Originally posted by o.g. slaughter
how do u kno that? and are u talkin bout infinite crisis?

It's actually quite obvious if you think about it. They just finished JLA/Avengers and they basically stalemated each other making them equals for the most give or take a little and now DC is raising the power levels of its best just to prove DC is more powerful. Just look at the facts Superman is getting closer and closer to his pre crisis levels each issue. Supergirl is rumored supposedly to be stronger but, its been stated many times half of Kryptonian power comes from the mind (like their special mind fighting) i.e. I think therefore I am type of thinking or basically like Gladiator. They have people like Flash, MM and Batman not necessarily gaining new powers but, using their existing powers in new and better ways or thinking on a higher level. What's the point of just doing that instead of "new" powers is it'll show they really had it all along and were always more superior to the Avengers so that people in here will be saying had they done that in the crossover they'd had owned such and such. As for Wonder Woman she's second to Superman and if she was really gonna get a power up so soon it'd most likely be of a magical nature which would put her over him so instead they've been working on her from the personality angle instead of power all the while giving her little trinkets along the way( Eyes of Pallas,etc). Now the Greek Gods have already absorbed th Roman pantheon and have become a lot stronger and are currently under going power changes(Zeus gone, Ares head of house) and new power hungry gods. It won't be long until Diana is on the receiving end of some of that power most likely after Superman is full pre crisis whatever insane level they'll put him at. Call me crazy but, you'll see it eventually.

long pig
lol...sure.

What, will they finally give the humans guns to fight Superman with?

roll eyes (sarcastic) D.C won't ever give Superman or Wonder Woman a villain worth a shit.

olympian
"Actually, Ares took Zues' throne and garnered even more power"

You mean Athena, not Ares. Ares took Hades place.

"SkyFather = a being two steps above herald-level......."

Way more than two levels.

"Isn't poseidon in Marvel pretty much Sky father level"

In the myth, same way at Marvel and DC, both Poseidon and Hades wer close to skyfather level (Zeus).

This comes from both being the next big thing after the main gun, and the three being the Olympian "trinity". The first generation of brothers after the Titans. The three most powerful.

Ares at DC is kind of an exception. He always looked close to Skyfather level, same as his two uncles.

long pig
madmadhttp://www.monzell.com/images/chiyo.gifmadmad

LandShark
Who ever has the hottest love goddess wins I say!

hoorayforpeepee
poseidon and hades are just barely incremental steps below zeus. olympus wins.

ImmortalOne
I just re-watched an old JLA film, DC Hades was the man !!!
SUpez cant do shit to him !!!

Colossus-Big C
olympus wins
some of them are abstracts.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
olympus wins

Are you Greek Big C? Because you looked Greek in your photo.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by the ninjak
Are you Greek Big C? Because you looked Greek in your photo. no.

Omega Vision
olympus wins
Like who?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Like who?
nxy the embodiment of darkness. (amadeus cho said shes an abstract Concept) and nightmare even said she is the dark.
thanatos the embodiment of death.

i dont know if this counts but Atlas was merged with the earth celestial axis as a barrier between the earth and sky

also chaos is nxy father

comicfan11
Asgard
Odin
Thor
Loki
Hela

VS

Olympus (DC)
Zeus
Hercules
Ares
Hades

Going with Olympus (DC)

Zeus is a skyfather (him and his other half Jove alog with DC Odin broke caused the Source to split)
Ares is a skyfather (or damn close)
Hades is a skyfather (his power along with Zeus and Poseidon's were"destruction to the infinite)
Hercules (Herakles) is the weak link here (Made Superman bleed through physical force but that's it for him I think)

Marvel has Odin and Hela but Thor (regular Thor) and Loki are not skyfathers.

So I'm going with Olympus (DC)

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by comicfan11
Asgard
Odin
Thor
Loki
Hela

VS

Olympus (DC)
Zeus
Hercules
Ares
Hades

Going with Olympus (DC)

Zeus is a skyfather (him and his other half Jove alog with DC Odin broke caused the Source to split)
Ares is a skyfather (or damn close)
Hades is a skyfather (his power along with Zeus and Poseidon's were"destruction to the infinite)
Hercules (Herakles) is the weak link here (Made Superman bleed through physical force but that's it for him I think)

Marvel has Odin and Hela but Thor (regular Thor) and Loki are not skyfathers.

So I'm going with Olympus (DC)

what do you mean they were "destruction to the infinit"?
and i do agree the dc olympions are much powerful than the marvel ones, team 2 has three skyfathers team 1 has only one.

byrdgang21
Asgard wins. Norse mythology is way more Badass then Greek. Greek is just more mainstream.

Besides Odin can get in the destroyer armor, and him and Thor stomp all over Mount Olympus

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Asgard wins. Norse mythology is way more Badass then Greek. Greek is just more mainstream.

Besides Odin can get in the destroyer armor, and him and Thor stomp all over Mount Olympus roll eyes (sarcastic)

comicfan11
what do you mean they were "destruction to the infinit"?
and i do agree the dc olympions are much powerful than the marvel ones, team 2 has three skyfathers team 1 has only one.

It's from Wonder Woman v2
When Zeus,Poseidon and Hades used their power to destroy the self repairing-healing imortal mountain of Olympus. The direct quote for their attack is "destruction multiplied to the infinite power"

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by comicfan11
It's from Wonder Woman v2
When Zeus,Poseidon and Hades used their power to destroy the self repairing-healing imortal mountain of Olympus. The direct quote for their attack is "destruction multiplied to the infinite power" do you have the scan or a issue number

comicfan11
do you have the scan or a issue number

Wonder Woman v2 #21

Colossus-Big C
thanks

comicfan11
thanks

No prob

guy222
Hela 'dead'

http://img38.imagefra.me/s5a2/guy222/10pf_92d_ucd8i.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.