What would you prefer...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
A movie with high special effects and no story,

or a movie with bad quality special effects but a story in there?

Nevermind
Hmmm.....I wonder which? A STORY! duh! that's a no brainer.

DeVi| D0do
Story. For the most part...

Though I do enjoy the occassional mindless action movie. But if they're going to do it it has to be completely mindless... none of this ridiculous storyline, with an even more ridiculous romance... just straight out action for action's sake.

Storm
I' d prefer a good storyline.

Bardock42
If it's just not great Special Effects I'd prefer storyline....but if it's so bad made that it just makes you laugh weell...then not even a storyline will help very muich...

T.M
Originally posted by Storm
I' d prefer a good storyline.

Mandorallen
Storyline overrules visual effects in all aspects.

For instance, Quentin Tarintino Has made absolutley awsome movies, with hardly any CGI whatsoever.

On the otherhand if you took a good story and put some awsome visuals, I would love that.

I.E. Equilibrium,The matrix, Serenity.

spencerspider
lol i voted special effects lol

forumcrew
story which is why old bond movies are a million times better then new ones.. they didnt relly on special fx for everything

Wolfie
I'm wondering what the person who voted for special effects has to say about his vote.

spencerspider
well i mean it needs a little story at least or it will suck badly.but i really like special effects lol i probably should have picked story but i hit effects

Wolfie
I guess what should be discussed is which is better, good story or good special effects. Can you like a movie that has a brilliant story but poor special effects and vice versa. Because it's obvious, if it has special effects but zero story, it's not even a movie.

Solo
Originally posted by Mandorallen

For instance, Quentin Tarintino Has made absolutley awsome movies, with hardly any CGI whatsoever.

Tarantino has never used CGI and will never.

Hence the quote, "This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If I'd wanted all that computer game bullshit, I'd have stuck my dick in a Nintendo".

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Solo
Tarantino has never used CGI and will never.

Hence the quote, "This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If I'd wanted all that computer game bullshit, I'd have stuck my dick in a Nintendo".

yes thats what I like about him.

olchik
I prefer movies with good stories

botankus
Originally posted by Mandorallen
yes thats what I like about him.

The Nintendo part? eek!

*Sxc_Sarah*
prefer a good storylinebig grin

Mandorallen
Originally posted by botankus
The Nintendo part? eek!

you know it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.