Lightsaber Duel Rotoscoped 2: Red v Blue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
Ive started again on rotoscoping the duel but this time, since the film has been released im going for Red v Blue. since converting the finsihed film footage to red v blue will be painful, ive decided to go for raw footage with my own effects added. this project will be completed by November 24th

eXSBass
Good for you mate :-) I'll be there supporting you every step of the way! :-)

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
This will be great, but i never saw the old one, pictures anyone?

spencerspider
o cool that should be pretty neat

Lord J
Originally posted by eXSBass
Good for you mate :-) I'll be there supporting you every step of the way! :-) me too wink

terd40
me three

Da preacher
Originally posted by terd40
me three

confused

Darth_Vader05
Great news i cant wait to see the whole battle between Anakin and Obi Wan in the red vs blue!

The Ones
hey im in ireland now so i cant do any effects. i can only be on for 10 minutes a day (they pay by the minute here)

thanks for your support

spencerspider
aww that sucks

FistoFan
Well, when you get done with that, can you rotoscope it to Green vs. Green?

The New History
this ain't a simple project fisto

adamrubin
Originally posted by FistoFan
Well, when you get done with that, can you rotoscope it to Green vs. Green? http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/6236/green7fk.jpg

adamrubin
http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/8508/mixedup4zd.jpg

all different colors

JKozzy
Yeah, and so is everything else. messed

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Originally posted by JKozzy
Yeah, and so is everything else. messed Right out of my mouth...

adamrubin
so

adamrubin
here

adamrubin
here ya go

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
I dont wanna sound rude, but those suck.

adamrubin
ok i am used to that already but i dont have those proffesional systems to make sabbers i use paint shop pro

The Ones
no wonder. they do look shit. mine will be much better. and once i rotoscope the blades, i can make them any colour by adjusting the colour balance so ill be able to do green v green on the same day

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Can you tell me in a fast version how you are doing it?

FistoFan
Yeah, how do you rotoscope it? Which program and how?

FistoFan
Oh, and thank you!

Vera21
Yeah, Adamrubin, that's not rotoscoping.

adamrubin
i never said i was i am just badly changing the color of a saber

The Ones
I use adobe after effects. what i do is i aquire all the footage i need and edit it together, then add in the lightsabers, then key out the background, and then ( a new one for this duel) add in a hue on the characters then do background effects (lava)

and im coming back on Saturday 29th (6PM GMT)

DeVi| D0do
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8251/redsaber5ed.gif

Woo! This is a real crappy way of doing it, but it's pretty fast. I simply selected Anakin's blue saber and changed the hue to red. The end product is less than desirable, but it only took me ten minutes to do... Of course the gif lowers the quality even further.

terd40
nicely done dodo. ok i know this may sound stupid but if the fight is rotoscoped can you change the individuals fighting or am i talking something different?

JKozzy
Something completely different.

adamrubin
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8251/redsaber5ed.gif

Woo! This is a real crappy way of doing it, but it's pretty fast. I simply selected Anakin's blue saber and changed the hue to red. The end product is less than desirable, but it only took me ten minutes to do... Of course the gif lowers the quality even further.

what did u use to make it?

DeVi| D0do
Photoshop CS

The Ones
On the 29th/30th I will post a test clip and see if people like it. if they do ill contunue if not, ill stop.

The Ones
ok i have realised i need help on this. could someone volunteer to do the sound effects for the lightsabers?

JKozzy
I can try, The Ones. I have a library of sound effects, could try and get them into the video.

The Ones
cheers Jkoz. i am now taking advanced preorders for the duel (to get the duel before everyone else). anyone whos interested (except jkoz since he'll already have it) please PM me so i can put you on the list. i stop taking preorders on November 1st 2005

Rebel Racer
your charging for this shit???

JKozzy
Yes, $20 per download.

The Ones
Originally posted by Rebel Racer
your charging for this shit???

no. im giving people a chance to see it before everyone else. i just used the term preorder for them to get it sent straight to them early

FistoFan
On Photoshop CS, which one did you download?

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by FistoFan
On Photoshop CS, which one did you download?
Huh? Download? I bought it... I'm a good boy.

Lord J
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Huh? Download? I bought it... I'm a good boy. laughing

FistoFan
Seriously, fool! Tell me!

The Ones
finally im back in good old england with my effects technology. give me a few minutes to an hour and ill give you a test clip

The Ones
for this i had to do obis saber red aswell (same layer) but a bit longer and ill have a finished shot ready for previewing. tell me what you think so far

shitty and short but its too test how well the red works on lava:

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0NPUHYXOESP5W2W9JTAPOE2PR0

Lord J
the ones that works really well with the red against the lava

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Damn great.

The Ones
cheers. ill start putting together the raw footage then start the effects.

Lord J
this is great i cant wait eek!

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Is this how LucasArts do it?

The Ones
no they did it better than me. they actualy created there lava

FistoFan
That was short, but good! I know this is not an easy task, but could you make a video of it that was green vs. green, or purple vs. purple. Either one's okay. Purple, I'd be the most happy with, but if you can only do green, that's okay.

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Originally posted by The Ones
no they did it better than me. they actualy created there lava I'm talking about the sabers.

The Ones
fisto: i can do both and its easy once ive got a template of the sabers, all i have to do is adjust the tabs

obi wan: maybe im not sure what software they use. but this one is the bomb for home rotoscoping (maybe pro)

Lord J
whats it called

The Ones
Adobe After Effects 6.0

The Ones
Well im off. just uploading a unfinished shot to leave with

Edit: -Uploaded-

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0BV0VNPHL2QPA0BTVKW7PO4GQV

FistoFan
How long a video can you make? Which part can you start and which part can you end the video? Just PM me with both links when you're done. How long should it take? Can you rotoscope it to Kit Fisto vs. Anakin? If you can't rotoscope it to Kit vs. Anakin, just do the lightsaber colors.

The Ones
1) Any, however you need a different program to edit together all the bits a pieces

2) any, just adjust your slider to the part of the video to end and begin

3) ok

4) if you pour your heart and soul into it and just pound on it 12/7 then 2 weeks. if not then 1-3 months

5) no

6) yes ill do obi green and ani red and send it to you

Bicnarok
who gives a toss what colour they are

The Ones
exactamondo!

but its nice to make kids happy.... no its not they should burn!

The Ones
heres a pic of one of my already deleted scenes

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
What is rotoscoping exactly? I thought you were just changing ani's saber to red and thats it

jediprson
hey The Ones. not to be mean but........that picture sucks

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Originally posted by jediprson
hey The Ones. not to be mean but........that picture sucks F*ck you, i think it owns. You suck, your movies suck, leave Ones alone.

Him > You.

*Natalie~Luver*
The fan editing mods have already been done by real fans at originaltrilogy.com and have done great work. also Obi-wan, your posts are full of sh*t, therefore why don't you shut the f*ck up and cry to your mommy about your hypocrosy.

jediprson
I dont want to hear any more s*it from you Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
My mommy is dead, so i like to cry on the internet.

Your posts are full of shit too, lets hook up shall we ?

Why dont you link us to those Real fans work, so we can admire it too.

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
I dont want to hear any more s*it from you Kenobi sh*t

*Natalie~Luver*
really? so I'd actually run a link for a poor sad dickless loser like yourself? think again

Hook up? go play with yourself. BTW, reported

jediprson
Originally posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi'
sh*t

does it matter

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
does it matter Not really, and this is going offtopic.

*Natalie~Luver*
Not really, and this is going offtopic.

Clearly because of you

jediprson
yes it is

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Originally posted by *Natalie~Luver*
Clearly because of you Thank you for these inspring words, Nat. Now ****ing pm me if you have a problem, i already implyied i was going to stop this 'spam'.

*Natalie~Luver*
really? so you were going to stop spamming. Take a look at some of the posts in this thread, look at the posts and see that you were looking for a negative reaction. Also where you lreally thinking clearly after posting all those sh*tty comments while back ago here in the boards.

Please STFU with this "I don't get it, how am I a troll" and grow up.

BTW, I wish there was an ignore button on this board.

Back on Topic, ends now...

The Ones
wow calm down.

Nat and obi: please stop arguing. dont post your abuse in the thread. PM eachother if you have a problem. dont let us see what you have to say

jediprson: im aware it sucks. notice i said: DELETED SCENE!!! i DELETED it because it sucked

jediprson
wow calm down.

Nat and obi: please stop arguing. dont post your abuse in the thread. PM eachother if you have a problem. dont let us see what you have to say

jediprson: im aware it sucks. notice i said: DELETED SCENE!!! i DELETED it because it sucked

oh. good deleted scene

The Ones
What is rotoscoping exactly? I thought you were just changing ani's saber to red and thats it

that would be too painful. so im taking raw footage and rediting it and adding my own effects

oh. good deleted scene

um..thank you.

jediprson
hey th ones i can convert the footage(witch i dont have) to AVI and then put in some sound effects for you

The Ones
my finished duel? if so then no thanks....unless you can convert to .mov

jediprson
my finished duel? if so then no thanks....unless you can convert to .mov

cant convert it to QT

The Ones
ok.

jediprson
ok.

BUT I CAN CONVERT IT TO mpeg

The Ones
hmm. ok ill try mpeg. ill send it to you when me and JKOZ have finished it

jediprson
hmm. ok ill try mpeg. ill send it to you when me and JKOZ have finished it

cool

The Ones
ok heads up people! due to footage shortage and the amount of time i have to do the effects, im putting the release date back to December 1st for people on my PM list and December 4th for the Public

jediprson
ok heads up people! due to footage shortage and the amount of time i have to do the effects, im putting the release date back to December 1st for people on my PM list and December 4th for the Public

and i will be getting it........when

The Ones
4 hours before i release it

jediprson
ok

The Ones
i can rip the documentaries from the ROTS dvd but i cant convert it can someone convert .vob to .mpg? without the stupid watermark and good quality?

12345m
download super dvd ripper it converts .vob files to other formats at the same quality

The Ones
cheers 12345m

12345m
no problembig grin

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
that would be too painful. so im taking raw footage and rediting it and adding my own effects

um..thank you. Where do you get raw footage?

The Ones
webdocs and documentaries

The Ones
New unfinished shot:

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=14BA6BV56F8IQ0NFPTSV3FM9XC

i just need to do 2 more things on it and its finished

FistoFan
2 weeks? You said it was an easy task!

12345m
nice, looks gd

FullOfSith
thats cool. nice work

the only thing that i would say is wrong with it is the raw footage of hayden. its practice footage and he's not wearing the right costume and he's got different hair. is that even ewan?

The Ones
dude. im just taking anything i can get and edit it together so it looks fluid and good

FistoFan
2 weeks?

The Ones
2 weeks what?

FistoFan
You said you would rotoscope it, but that it would take two weeks. You said it was an easy task!

The Ones
it is. but i need to get enough footage and that would take longer

FistoFan
It doesn't have to be the whole duel. Just part of it.

vader519
We don't need to wrooy about that anymore, the movie is coming out on Tuesday.

FistoFan
Yes, Tomorrow it's only a day away!

The Ones
so does anyone care about this at all?

Lord J
i do

even though the DVD's out in england and i have it but im still looking forward to seeing it

FistoFan
Me Too!

jediprson
so does anyone care about this at all?

I do

ledonias
i was thinking about doing something like this but making anakins lightsaber green but its to hard i wanted to rip the whole duel from the dvd but does not matter cant wait ones

The Ones
great. thanks for everyones support.

spencerspider
I can't wait till u get it done or is it done now? I thought it should have been red anyway for anakin

The Ones
its not done. it will be done sometime this month

The Ones
unfinished Shot:

spencerspider
well we really cant see the red in that one...

The Ones
its out of frame

spencerspider
ok well can u send it to me red vs blue right? when u r done

The Ones
I'll post it publicly on December 4th 2005

jediprson
If you dont mind The Ones. I would like to put in my own music.
BUT you will still get a version without music. But I want to try and put in my own music. If it is okay.

Sir J
cant wait the ones big grin

henniestevens
I cant see shit, all those files expired and just those crappy pictures.
only that moving picture DeVi| D0do made is nice...

The Ones
i'll upload a clip again

Darth_Vader05
How are you doing on the Red vs. Blue Mustafar Rotoscoped Duel i cant wait to see it and when it is coming out?

McCusto
Ok, thatwas a major run-on sentance. Learn to use proper punctuation.

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/imheretostay/mustafar_obipwn.jpg

Lightning_Count
that looks quality!

Darth_Vader05
Originally posted by McCusto
Ok, thatwas a major run-on sentance. Learn to use proper punctuation.

Who the **** cares? I can say what i want and how i want, i was just asking a damn question!

The Ones
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05
How are you doing on the Red vs. Blue Mustafar Rotoscoped Duel i cant wait to see it and when it is coming out?

Its going smoothly. ive got about 13 finished shots and 18 undergoing pre viz. If everything goes right, then it should be released December 4th Publicly

adamrubin
can you post a clip soon please

The Ones
Ok. but not now (im at my friends)

spencerspider
wow that looks good, man i cant wait

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
What looks good? He didnt post it.

The Ones
Unfinished Shot: http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=101VGWHB28GU317WCG7UH9MPD3

spencerspider
the pic up top with anakin on ground

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
I made that pic.

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
Anakin's hair is awful in these shots, but that is unchangable. I think you're saber trails are kinda crap, but it's just my taste, I prefer the smooth ones that were in EP3, while your's remind of the EP4 ones. Also, I noticed you dont have clash effects in there, will there be clash effects in the done version?

StarWarsManiac
Unfinished Shot: http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=101VGWHB28GU317WCG7UH9MPD3

not bad

spencerspider
yea its actually good

The Ones
Anakin's hair is awful in these shots, but that is unchangable. I think you're saber trails are kinda crap, but it's just my taste, I prefer the smooth ones that were in EP3, while your's remind of the EP4 ones. Also, I noticed you dont have clash effects in there, will there be clash effects in the done version?

yes it will. That scene was one of the first to be "finished". i wasnt satisfied with them and are undergoing heavy treatment.

adamrubin
k

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/imheretostay/anigreen2.jpg

adamrubin
cool

StarWarsManiac
pretty good

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5301/anivsobigreenred8vf.jpg
http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/1012/anivsobigreenred28yh.jpg

adamrubin
awesome

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
If The Ones would tell me more about rerotoscoping the duels, i would do green vs red, but he is too silent.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>