DC writers vs Marvel Writers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dman2008
Which team of writers can plan a better Comic Book event

Team DC

Gail Simone
Geoff Johns
Greg Rucka
Mark Waid

Team marvel
Brian Bendis
Mark Millar
Joe Queseda
and
Chris Claremont (in his Prime)

The can use any of these heroes and all of their major villans (Brother Blood, Mr. Sinister, DarkSide, etc)
The heroes are

The
Teen Titans(plus Superboy)
Outsiders (plus Nightwing)
JLA(The Big 7)
New Avengers
Defenders
X-Men ( astonishing, and Uncanny only)
New Thunderbolts
and Yound Avengers

I think team DC wins because Geoff Johns and Gail Simone Rock big grin

roughrider
Both companies trade writers back and forth every several years. There are few lifers at each company you could say writes for them only.

dman2008
No thats not what Im saying

I meant which group writers could create a better comic event

dman2008
Oh and both teams only have one year to plan it

nigel45
Great teams for both, but I think DC takes it simply because of Johns. He tends to do a fantastic job with big event-type things.

Laminator_X
If this were a fight, whoever has Mike Grell would win.

Pointinel
Originally posted by nigel45
Great teams for both, but I think DC takes it simply because of Johns. He tends to do a fantastic job with big event-type things.

^DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!

nah...

geoff johns is THAT dude right now

Lucid Lui
Well, that's kinda what's going on now ain't it...

Anyway, Bendis would probably spear-head the thing for Marvel, and though he is a great writer, his style just doesn't fit in huge crossover event type things IMO. As proved by HoM.

I reckon DC team would take it...

Juntai
I'd go with DC.
Bendis usually starts strong and ends up pissing his readers off. Luckily, DC's version, Loeb, will be writing for Marvel now as well, to see what kind of stuff he'll be ****ing up for them like he did with people's opinions of Darkseid and his complete degeneration of tons of characters..
Millar is the guy over at Marvel to me, but I'm not sure if he has the scope of work the team DC has over at the side..

dman2008
anybody else

Marvel=DC
DC wins not only are the writers better(well some) but, the DC characters with the exception of the Defenders and a few Avengers are better suited for huge earth shattering events. as opposed to a few teams at Marvel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.