Aquaman vs. Deadpool...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
Fight starts off in a warehouse on a wharf. Warehouse is filled with various... warehousey things.

So, who wins...?

Juntai
Arthur.

Pointinel
^WADE.

snoopdogg
AC.

Juntai
Originally posted by Pointinel
^WADE. How do you propose wade would realistically beat this faster, stronger, smarter, far more experienced fighter, who has both telepathic and magic abilities at his disposal?

Pointinel
why by beheading him of course...

DrDoom101
aquaman has telepathy

dman2008
Aquaman 10/10

The Ion
Aquaman

olympian
Aquaman.

King_Mungi
Aquaman beat Deathstroke with ease, and they basically are one in the same .

Marvel=DC
Aquaman

Mainstream
Aquaman

TheKahn
As much as I hate to say it, Aquaman wins 10/10

Warmonger
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Aquaman beat Deathstroke with ease, and they basically are one in the same .

Aquaman fought Deathstroke with Hal Jordan's help and no prep, while Slade had lost most of his pysical powers. Slade left them both in the dust.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Warmonger
Aquaman fought Deathstroke with Hal Jordan's help and no prep, while Slade had lost most of his pysical powers. Slade left them both in the dust.

Hal didn't help Aquaman beat him. Hal pretty much just got in the way. Hal grabs Deathstroke and Wade easily breaks free and the fight between him and Aquaman continue.

Aquaman is faster, stronger, heightened senses, has telepathy, has better reflexes . It's no shock that he can beat him.

Here:
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7017332&postcount=99

Don't matter, basically no prep Deathstroke is similar to no prep Deadpool. God I hate it when people say someone with "prep" could take someone else. Of course they can, it's like giving a person answers to a test since they couldn't do it without it.

The Ion
Aquaman lifting a city block, eh? It amazes me people still think his limit is in the 20 ton area.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by The Ion
Aquaman lifting a city block, eh? It amazes me people still think his limit is in the 20 ton area.

Guh! I know. I have been telling people of his feats, yet people still consider him to be weak and say all he can do is talk to fish.

Warmonger
Hal didn't help Aquaman beat him. Hal pretty much just got in the way. Hal grabs Deathstroke and Wade easily breaks free and the fight between him and Aquaman continue.

Aquaman is faster, stronger, heightened senses, has telepathy, has better reflexes . It's no shock that he can beat him.

Here:
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7017332&postcount=99

Don't matter, basically no prep Deathstroke is similar to no prep Deadpool. God I hate it when people say someone with "prep" could take someone else. Of course they can, it's like giving a person answers to a test since they couldn't do it without it.

I want you to understand that this isn't about me picking on you, I am not even arguing wheter Aquaman COULD beat Deathstroke, what I am saying is that he didn't.

First of all Hal Jordan did help him. Slade was hiding ing the building and Aquaman was looking for him. Hal used his powers to light up the building, after spoting slade he sued his ring to capture and detain Slade. So don't say that he was only in the way becasue Aquaman only did marginally better. Anyay after some quick talk and a telescoping staff to the nut-sack Slade disposes of Hal Jordan. He did help but he underestimated Slade and paid for it. And the fight doesn't continue between him and Aquaman becasue at that point Aquaman hasn't even touched him.

Aquaman was faster, and stronger and tougher than Slade AT THE TIME. Why do you think Slade was saying that he was "weaker than I used to be", "Not as fast as I was" etc? He had lost most of his pysical powers infact that was what most of that arc was aobut in the next issue he is actually on his deathbed with the Titans becasue he had gotten sick some how. I know this because I have the comics, not the whole arc but most of it, Deathstroke was depowered.

Another problem is that the scans posted seem to lead to the conclusion that the fight ended when Aquaman tossed Slade through the borads. When it in fact ended after Slade got back up and shot the roof down on Arthur's head.

Deadpool hardly ever uses prep so the two are vastly different. Deadpool has an insane healing factor from hell that basically prevents him from dying and his mind is almost impossible to tamper with because he is insane.

Also the reason I mentioned prep is because alot of people seem to think that Slade only fights with prep. Slade after losing most of his powers, and fighting off a bunch of other mercnaries earlier that issue, manages to take down Aquaman and the most arguebl powerful green lantern, with aboslutely no prep at all. At what point did Aquaman "Beat Slade easily"? He didn't even knock him out and only touched him once in the fight.

Fanboy
Okay all I saw was Slade getting beaten up by someone blinder then he is.

King_Mungi
I want you to understand that this isn't about me picking on you, I am not even arguing wheter Aquaman COULD beat Deathstroke, what I am saying is that he didn't.

First of all Hal Jordan did help him. Slade was hiding ing the building and Aquaman was looking for him. Hal used his powers to light up the building, after spoting slade he sued his ring to capture and detain Slade. So don't say that he was only in the way becasue Aquaman only did marginally better. Anyay after some quick talk and a telescoping staff to the nut-sack Slade disposes of Hal Jordan. He did help but he underestimated Slade and paid for it. And the fight doesn't continue between him and Aquaman becasue at that point Aquaman hasn't even touched him.

Aquaman was faster, and stronger and tougher than Slade AT THE TIME. Why do you think Slade was saying that he was "weaker than I used to be", "Not as fast as I was" etc? He had lost most of his pysical powers infact that was what most of that arc was aobut in the next issue he is actually on his deathbed with the Titans becasue he had gotten sick some how. I know this because I have the comics, not the whole arc but most of it, Deathstroke was depowered.

Another problem is that the scans posted seem to lead to the conclusion that the fight ended when Aquaman tossed Slade through the borads. When it in fact ended after Slade got back up and shot the roof down on Arthur's head.

Deadpool hardly ever uses prep so the two are vastly different. Deadpool has an insane healing factor from hell that basically prevents him from dying and his mind is almost impossible to tamper with because he is insane.

Also the reason I mentioned prep is because alot of people seem to think that Slade only fights with prep. Slade after losing most of his powers, and fighting off a bunch of other mercnaries earlier that issue, manages to take down Aquaman and the most arguebl powerful green lantern, with aboslutely no prep at all. At what point did Aquaman "Beat Slade easily"? He didn't even knock him out and only touched him once in the fight.

He shown the light in the building, but in that time when he did Aquaman did not even lay a finger on him. When he did see him in the light finally Hal captured him. He escaped and went back into the building hiding from Aquaman none the worse for wear. That didn't add anything to the fight at all, both of them didn't go 2 vs. 1. It really was one vs. one. Marginally better? Slade knew he was outclassed. Fine if you don't want to count the fight at the start that's fine. When Slade got back into the building and blinded Aquaman, there still wasn't anything he could do to him. This is even the weaker Aquaman.

Of course, but at this time this is the weak Aquaman who dries up outside of water and gets weaker. Both were depowered, even now when Deathstoke is at full power can't hold a candle to Aquaman now. Nothing against Wade he is incredibly skilled, but so is Aquaman and he himself is not in idiot when it comes to battle

Of course, this is to show that in an actual fight Arthur has this (Deadpool). When Slade did this Arthur was fine, if the battle continued Wade would be in a huge amount of trouble. However, Slade booked it out of there. Aquaman had his number.

Both with their healing factors and DP Death and Thanos love triangle makes him immortal. However, Slade himself is immortal as well. Aquaman tampered with Dr.Polaris and he has split personalities, hell most of the people Aquaman battles under water are literally insane.

Slade is one of the most skilled fighters in the DCU, he is one of my favorite characters and I know you know his history and how it's so complicated with his kids (his eye) and all this other jazz that makes him a great compelling character. Even Slade's words "all he had to do is connect with one punch and I'd be out". If the fight continued Arthur would have it. Hell, he didn't even use his telepathy.

Warmonger
He shown the light in the building, but in that time when he did Aquaman did not even lay a finger on him. When he did see him in the light finally Hal captured him. He escaped and went back into the building hiding from Aquaman none the worse for wear. That didn't add anything to the fight at all, both of them didn't go 2 vs. 1. It really was one vs. one. Marginally better? Slade knew he was outclassed. Fine if you don't want to count the fight at the start that's fine. When Slade got back into the building and blinded Aquaman, there still wasn't anything he could do to him. This is even the weaker Aquaman.

Of course, but at this time this is the weak Aquaman who dries up outside of water and gets weaker. Both were depowered, even now when Deathstoke is at full power can't hold a candle to Aquaman now. Nothing against Wade he is incredibly skilled, but so is Aquaman and he himself is not in idiot when it comes to battle

Of course, this is to show that in an actual fight Arthur has this (Deadpool). When Slade did this Arthur was fine, if the battle continued Wade would be in a huge amount of trouble. However, Slade booked it out of there. Aquaman had his number.

Both with their healing factors and DP Death and Thanos love triangle makes him immortal. However, Slade himself is immortal as well. Aquaman tampered with Dr.Polaris and he has split personalities, hell most of the people Aquaman battles under water are literally insane.

Slade is one of the most skilled fighters in the DCU, he is one of my favorite characters and I know you know his history and how it's so complicated with his kids (his eye) and all this other jazz that makes him a great compelling character. Even Slade's words "all he had to do is connect with one punch and I'd be out". If the fight continued Arthur would have it. Hell, he didn't even use his telepathy.

If a depowered Slade manages to fight of him and Hal Jordan, why do you think that aquaman could beat him solo, at full power?

If you are talking about using the water hand then yes I think Slade loses but that would be about it.

He was more than outclssed he was out of time. he was being hunted by the JL and the police and his staff worked fine if he wanted to he couldhave blasted Arthur in the face with it at full power. At full power it can tur even Cyborg's armor to Slag, Aquaman is tough but not that tough. Slade didn't realy have any of his abilities a the time he fought Aquman so he might very well have been knocked out by one hit

Strength: Aquaman all the way no discussion

Agilty: This is a bit more tricky but I think Slade at full power is more agile. From his first apperacne Slade has been hitting and keeping up with Wally West. I know aquaman is fat but I think I've never seen him move that fast. (I'll have to take a look at the reast of this feats post)

Durability: In terms of skin toughness Aquman. However unlike when he fought him that time Slade at full power has taken punches from Cyborg, Superboy, and Zeus's lightning all without being knocked out so I think he cna take a few taps form Arthur.

Fighting skills: I udnerstand that they have been trying to give aquaman a boost in his rep and one of the departments is fighitn ability, however he still has nothing on Slade in that department. Awuaman got beten by Batman in hand to hand combat there fore I think Slade has a very good chance of beating him.

Also Aquaman's rather sporadic telepathy is a non issue. Even Martian Manhunter noted that he couldn't read slade's mind because it seemed to be protected by some sort of barrier.

King_Mungi
If a depowered Slade manages to fight of him and Hal Jordan, why do you think that aquaman could beat him solo, at full power?

If you are talking about using the water hand then yes I think Slade loses but that would be about it.

He was more than outclssed he was out of time. he was being hunted by the JL and the police and his staff worked fine if he wanted to he couldhave blasted Arthur in the face with it at full power. At full power it can tur even Cyborg's armor to Slag, Aquaman is tough but not that tough. Slade didn't realy have any of his abilities a the time he fought Aquman so he might very well have been knocked out by one hit

Strength: Aquaman all the way no discussion

Agilty: This is a bit more tricky but I think Slade at full power is more agile. From his first apperacne Slade has been hitting and keeping up with Wally West. I know aquaman is fat but I think I've never seen him move that fast. (I'll have to take a look at the reast of this feats post)

Durability: In terms of skin toughness Aquman. However unlike when he fought him that time Slade at full power has taken punches from Cyborg, Superboy, and Zeus's lightning all without being knocked out so I think he cna take a few taps form Arthur.

Fighting skills: I udnerstand that they have been trying to give aquaman a boost in his rep and one of the departments is fighitn ability, however he still has nothing on Slade in that department. Awuaman got beten by Batman in hand to hand combat there fore I think Slade has a very good chance of beating him.

Also Aquaman's rather sporadic telepathy is a non issue. Even Martian Manhunter noted that he couldn't read slade's mind because it seemed to be protected by some sort of barrier.

Good lord yes, with Aquaman's new magical hand all his already existing powers are amped up and he doesn't dry out.

If the fight continued long enough, Arthur would have dried out further and become weaker. However, one good punch prior to being dried out and Slade's down. Plus Arthur could have used his telepathy (weaker at this time, but still decent). Against old school Aquaman versus more modern Deathstroke I would give it to DS. Old school Aquaman was basically used to job to villians.

Not really, he even admited he was outclassed. Also I have seen Aquaman take armour pericing machine gun fire and be uneffected due to the ocean's pressure making his body more durable. Plus eye blasts from "Supermen" type characters and be uneffective. It really depends on the writer if they want Aquaman to job or not.

Durability: Even at this time, Aquaman was still around Wonder Woman strength. He may be able to take a few taps from older Aquaman, but he certainly would not be uneffected.

Agility: Tough call, Aquaman is indeed faster (can run around 450 mph on land). However, Aquaman deals with constant pressure so when the pressure is off of him his agility would greatly increase and be able to move with great ease.. Not sure how to vote on this.

Fighting Skill: I agree, the better h2h fighter is Slade. Yeah that was PIS with Batman. I recall that fight, but don't remember it to the fullest. How long was Aquaman out of water? due to he shouldn't even have been affected by his pressure point attacks.

Yeah that's garbage, if he truely concentrated he probally would be able to break the barrier.

Warmonger
Good lord yes, with Aquaman's new magical hand all his already existing powers are amped up and he doesn't dry out.

If the fight continued long enough, Arthur would have dried out further and become weaker. However, one good punch prior to being dried out and Slade's down. Plus Arthur could have used his telepathy (weaker at this time, but still decent). Against old school Aquaman versus more modern Deathstroke I would give it to DS. Old school Aquaman was basically used to job to villians.

Not really, he even admited he was outclassed. Also I have seen Aquaman take armour pericing machine gun fire and be uneffected due to the ocean's pressure making his body more durable. Plus eye blasts from "Supermen" type characters and be uneffective. It really depends on the writer if they want Aquaman to job or not.

Durability: Even at this time, Aquaman was still around Wonder Woman strength. He may be able to take a few taps from older Aquaman, but he certainly would not be uneffected.

Agility: Tough call, Aquaman is indeed faster (can run around 450 mph on land). However, Aquaman deals with constant pressure so when the pressure is off of him his agility would greatly increase and be able to move with great ease.. Not sure how to vote on this.

Fighting Skill: I agree, the better h2h fighter is Slade. Yeah that was PIS with Batman. I recall that fight, but don't remember it to the fullest. How long was Aquaman out of water? due to he shouldn't even have been affected by his pressure point attacks.

Yeah that's garbage, if he truely concentrated he probally would be able to break the barrier.

Slade's staff has been shown to knock out beigns as tough as Starfire his grenades have knocked out Superboy and Wondergirl and his sword can cleave through Cyborg's body. He definetly has the wepons to get the job done.

I agree he was out classed because at the time he was just a regular albeit well trained human being unlike the fine tuned killing machine he is at full power.

Maybe he could have gone through it but he at least he thethe psychic of DC arthur has intermitent and sporadic telepathy thats why i consider it a nonfactor.

King_Mungi
Slade's staff has been shown to knock out beigns as tough as Starfire his grenades have knocked out Superboy and Wondergirl and his sword can cleave through Cyborg's body. He definetly has the wepons to get the job done.

I agree he was out classed because at the time he was just a regular albeit well trained human being unlike the fine tuned killing machine he is at full power.

Maybe he could have gone through it but he at least he thethe psychic of DC arthur has intermitent and sporadic telepathy thats why i consider it a nonfactor.

Of course, no way am I saying Slade is weak. However, Aquaman has other weapons as well (Neptune's trident, magical artifacts in Atlantis, enhanced technology, etc.). However, that's neither here or there it's Wade he is fighting now.

Oh of course, the reason I mentioned the old school DS is that's pretty much what Deadpool is. Wade just isn't as fast, strong or skilled as Slade when he is at full power.

Well it doesn't matter, due to Deadpool doesn't have any type of barrier and Aquaman has used his telepathy on people with split-personalities, autism, and just down right insane. He even probed MM without any aid.

Warmonger
Ok no problem.

Glad to have an actual discussion I've perusing this boards many threads adn as far as civility, and understanding the arguments (hell instead of simply ignoring them) goes that was by far one of the finer ones I've read.

*shakes hand*

King_Mungi
Indeed, we got a little off-topic but valid none the less. Cuidos.

Fanboy
Originally posted by Pointinel
why by beheading him of course...

How? If he could just be faster stronger and more expierenced. Deadpool would get schooled. Huh did I use that right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.