Fun with Dick and Jane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandorallen
Trailer.

Long live jim carrey. thumb up

MildPossession
I'm not a fan of his comedic roles, i'm more into his more serious stuff like ESOTSM... it looks fun though, will wait till dvd.

Mandorallen
He's an all around good actor IMO.

I loved the truman show.
and ESOTSM

Solo
Looks like it could be decent.

jayy
Originally posted by MildPossession
I'm not a fan of his comedic roles, i'm more into his more serious stuff like ESOTSM... it looks fun though, will wait till dvd.

Looks very stupid.

Will skip all-together.

eek!

Solo
Originally posted by jayy
Looks very stupid.

Will skip all-together.

eek!

Know what looks really stupid? Saw 2!

Cinemaddiction
"Saw 2" looks like "Cube" all over again. "Fun With Dick and Jane" looks interesting. Carrey going back to physical comedy, which is where he seems to shine, although a great dramatic actor.

danagrint
It's so late, Mrs. Doubtfire came out in 1993

Mandorallen
???

Cringe
Maybe he replied to the wrong thread.

Myth
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
"Saw 2" looks like "Cube" all over again. "Fun With Dick and Jane" looks interesting. Carrey going back to physical comedy, which is where he seems to shine, although a great dramatic actor.

Holy crap, it does look like Cube.

Anyway, this movie looks pretty good. Good to see Carrey in another movie that doesn't take itself too seriously. "We're crazy people!"

Cringe
Lol.I've been dying to see him in another comedic role. "Bruce Almighty" was too long ago.

Mandorallen
indeed it was. I saw it in the 7th grade. Im a junior now..

Cringe
Wow.Has it been THAT long?I am so dying to see this.

danagrint
Oh I'm sorry wrong board

Cringe
It's ok wink

Cinemaddiction
2 years since Carrey's been in a comedic role. Not that long.

Cringe
It seems like a long time.

Mando
I just got back from seeing it.

It's actually very funny. Although the beginning is really slow and lacks a good laugh. The middle kept me laughing the entire time though. And the ending had an overall good moral. Jim Carey is back!

DanZeke25
This will be hilarious, just because Jim Carrey is in it. He can take a movie the looks stupid as hell, and make it really funny. He is the best. The End.

Solo
Friends says it's horrible, wait for the DVD I will.

SleaterKinney32
I'm excited to see it, I still haven't. But it's up there with wanting to see Munich, King Kong, and Memoirs of a Geisha.

I saw Jim Carrey on Ellen today.. I really like him. It's good to see he's doing comedy again because that's where he seems to be the most natural.. I feel like I'm repeating what others have said, but I thought I'd put my two cents in.

Deathcow
I used to hate Jim Carrey...but I saw him on Conan the other night....damn he was funny on there.

So yeah, I might see this one.

fruits
this movie looks hella hilarious and i already have "go see fun with dick and jane" on my schedule for next week.

forumcrew
actually was dissapointed with this. I just didnt laugh a lot. The movie isnt much about them being criminals, theres only a few "criminal scenes" and the laughs just arnt all there. Overall a pretty average comedy.

MC_GG
I didn't like Jim Carrey in ESOTSM and The Majestic, because he's not a good actor for those kind of movies. He should stick to comedy roles, and just to point out: Dick and Jane was hilarious. Jim Carrey is back to his old school style again.

Mando
Originally posted by MC_GG
I didn't like Jim Carrey in ESOTSM and The Majestic, because he's not a good actor for those kind of movies. He should stick to comedy roles

Seen "The Truman Show"?

fruits
the truman show was serioulsy fantastic. i loved it so much i even had a truman show sig on here for a while

Mando
It made me rethink my life..

fruits
i just saw fun with dick and jane last night, and despite some bad reviews, i really liked it. the first part was a little slow, but then it started kickin it. the criminal scenes are hilarious. i personally say see this movie, and when you go in dont expect to see jim carey's funniest movie, but expect some good laughs

SnakeEyes
I ended up seeing this movie and thought it was average, like many of you. I guess I was just expecting more from the hilarious Jim Carrey that I've grown up laughing at. I felt as though many things were just put in there so they could make a joke. Such as the indited scene... It was never brought up again and I think Jim Carrey just liked the word or something.

Mando
The Indited scene made me laugh.

The Part that made me laugh the most, was when they were robbing That guy and they had the voice changers. Jim Acted like he was playing the Guitar. I Died Laughing.

SnakeEyes
I have to admit; that part WAS funny. It was probably my favorite part in the entire film, but I just thought that, overall, it fell short.

Soth
Jim Carrey did not disappoint me with this film.

Nevermind
Originally posted by forumcrew
actually was dissapointed with this. I just didnt laugh a lot. The movie isnt much about them being criminals, theres only a few "criminal scenes" and the laughs just arnt all there. Overall a pretty average comedy.

I sort of felt the same. Although I did really enjoy the voice changing scene, that was good. I had the worst screening ever with mine. The reel broke twice.

fruits
i just think the whole idea of jim carey working along side a bunch of immigrants just to make some money was hilarious.

Tptmanno1
I liked it,
and I thought the overall theme was terrific. Someone must have just said, "Hey, what if we do a movie about Enron Employee's?"

StinkFist462
Originally posted by fruits
i just think the whole idea of jim carey working along side a bunch of immigrants just to make some money was hilarious.

that was hella funny. especially when they all snuck back into america.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.