Imagine yourself as a Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Twilight Janick
I know for sure that not all Jedi are capable of moving objects with their minds. I don't know for sure if Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Stass Allie, Yaddle or Ki-Adi-Mundi are not capable of moving objects with the Force.

I'd be another Master Yoda, without the telekinesis ability, though. And my lightsaber would be yellow-bladed.

Se7in
Ki-Adi-Mundi is more than capable of moving stuff with the Force. I think every Jedi has that ability. Telekinesis is one of the first lessons.

I would most likely be one of the generic Jedi, with little to no fighting ability. Since I wouldn't be viewing Star Wars as "OMG I wanna pwn with a saber" I would be more like "I want to create peace and civility on the entire galaxy, so I will learn Niman, not the useless Vaapad." I'd get slaughtered in the Temple, or probably even Geonosis.

Twilight Janick
But some of them can't, according SOLELY to the canon.

Darth_Glentract
TJ, you're a moron. Ki-Adi knows TK according to Canon.

Gryn Jabar
Heh, another "what jedi would you be" thread? Ah well, this one hasn't been filled with "PWNZOR" idiots yet. Shien definently, though it would probably lead to a problem if I "accidently" hacked off someone's head after losing my temper.

Deus Ex
I'd be Luminara. Yes. Taking a shower... letting the water drip over my naked thin frame... oh yes...

Oh, oops. Nevermind.

Captain REX
Ewwww... stick out tongue

Anyways, this has been over done...and every Jedi has the ability to use telekinesis, whether we see it in the movies or not. Its a simple concept.

Council#13
Yeah, in the Approaching Storm, Luminara is able to lift herself up and also spin a small sand storm around her. She also gets undressed into her undergarments, Dues Ex wink. I'd be aayla and doing the same thing as Dues Ex wink.
If u are really good at Niman, u'd probably be really good, since it's all balanced out. Like if u were me! Best at Niman

Twilight Janick
Niman is not my best style as a swordsman. If Ki-Adi-Mundi can do TK, then Yaddle may not. Vaapad's a good style with me too, but is there a form of lightsaber fighting that involves stabbing into your opponents when you have the opportunity? Because it's my signature form, if it is an existing one.

Sorgo
I'd learn Soresu and be a Jedi Scholar.

Council#13
Is a Jedi Scholar one of those Jedi who work in the Archives?

Sorgo
Originally posted by Council#13
Is a Jedi Scholar one of those Jedi who work in the Archives?

A basic Jedi who reads alot of things and becomes a walking dictionary for other Jedi.

Twilight Janick
I'd remake my Jedi description: I'd be a Jedi scholar, as good in swordsmanship as Mace Windu, but without TK, though.

Council#13
Originally posted by Sorgo
A basic Jedi who reads alot of things and becomes a walking dictionary for other Jedi.

I see. Just like Jocasta Nu (or watever her name is)

Captain REX
Originally posted by Twilight Janick
Niman is not my best style as a swordsman. If Ki-Adi-Mundi can do TK, then Yaddle may not. Vaapad's a good style with me too, but is there a form of lightsaber fighting that involves stabbing into your opponents when you have the opportunity? Because it's my signature form, if it is an existing one.

All Jedi have Telekinesis! FFS...

Stabbing moves entail Form II.

Lana
TK-like powers are basic skills that anyone with any Force sensitivity can do. How well they can is up to the individual person, but they all can do it.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Captain REX
All Jedi have Telekinesis! FFS...

Stabbing moves entail Form II.

Nah, Form II is more small cuts that are like stabs. I'd go for Sidious' form.

FistOfThe North
As a Jedi, I'd create a new Jedi Order. Like an alternate Order, in alliance with the Jedi Order. We'd be stationed in the outter rim with many temples on may planets where Republic's influence really didn't go or reach. Every 2 standard years my temples 1 elected master; the most worthy of that temple. The rest are teachers and students.

We would have no padawans. Many worthy teachers would train you. Anyone can join. The Force is learned at our institution. And time and trials would determine if a Jedi of my Order would be ready. We'd look and dress more differently than traditional Jedi. We'd have more of a mandalorian look but with out helmets, we'd still have robes, just not as traditional looking.

We would still have the Force and our weapons would consist of light saber daggers that are used two at a time with the same effectiveness jedi use lightsabers. And we'd carry state of the art gadgetry as well.

My Order's allegiance would be to the Republic and we'd be called the Neo-Jedi. as opposed to the New Jedi Order.

Im not sure if they are, they may be, but if the Jedi were law enforcers, then policemen are to a Jedi what a neo-Jedi are to a swat team.

General Zink
Hurray for spreading the strength of the Jedi to crumbling. no expression

Everything else sounds interestingish, though...

Gryn Jabar
I'd remake my Jedi description: I'd be a Jedi scholar, as good in swordsmanship as Mace Windu, but without TK, though.
I see. So you'd be an ultra intelligent whirling dervish of death.

Twilight Janick
That's what I actually am, guys. It's like a blend of Yoda and Mace Windu's skills (the current Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Jedi Council) in another body, but without the TK.

Captain REX
Jesus Christ, ALL JEDI HAVE TELEKINESIS ABILITIES.

Twilight Janick
Then, I'd found another order like the Jedi but open only to those whp have no TK ability.

Captain REX
Do I need to make it clearer?

Regardless of order or power.

Lana
Then, I'd found another order like the Jedi but open only to those whp have no TK ability.

Do you just skip posts that prove you wrong or something?

Originally posted by Lana
TK-like powers are basic skills that anyone with any Force sensitivity can do. How well they can is up to the individual person, but they all can do it.

Sorgo

Jedi - TK = NOT A F*CKING JEDI!

Tangible God
Then, I'd found another order like the Jedi but open only to those whp have no TK ability. The French contradict themselves by saying--"Stupidity breeds contempt."

Gryn Jabar
That's what I actually am, guys. It's like a blend of Yoda and Mace Windu's skills (the current Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Jedi Council) in another body, but without the TK.
Tell me, do you play D&D? I can imagine you being the DM's worst nightmare.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Tangible God
The French contradict themselves by saying--"Stupidity breeds contempt."
I love social psychology..check this out.

Hey, Tangible, are you talking about yourself?

lol honestly Tangible, i've clicked on your name and practically seen a bunch of reply you've posted..

There all insults. Degredations. Swears, curses, retorts, defamations, belittlements and you've never been kicked out and i have? lol what a rip off, lol

I mean i don't care, really, you're just lifeless text on a screen, just saying for the **** of it, just to bring it up.

Like say now for instance, we all know that, without me attacking you, you will reply back to me with an insulting retort degrading my mentality, how i think or how much of a loser i am or something across thoses lines but whatever it is, it will be an insult showing me and everyone else how low my intelligence is or much of a loser you think i am. I bet..

You have a pattern.

I looked up troll and flame and you fit the description presicely...lol go ahead. your turn. lets see...

Gryn Jabar
Let's NOT. Flame baiting sucks, don't piss away the good stuff we had going on this forum. TG, please don't respond.

Captain REX
FFS, shut up, Fist. The exact same thing about flaming posts can be said of yourself. You've been banned before, I'd like to see it happen again. Now be quiet, unless you have something to contribute.

FistOfThe North
FFS, shut up, Fist. The exact same thing about flaming posts can be said of yourself. You've been banned before, I'd like to see it happen again. Now be quiet, unless you have something to contribute.

Make me.

smokin'

Captain REX
No worries, you've already been reported and brought to the attention of the globals.

FistOfThe North
No worries, you've already been reported and brought to the attention of the globals.

Cool beans

smokin'

Ushgarak
Well, FOTN, you know you are on your final warning here.

Gryn Jabar
Ush has power here!? Oh crap, shouldn't have taken the piss out of him a while back...

Bespin Bart
laughing out loud

Ush has power everywhere, now. big grin

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Well, FOTN, you know you are on your final warning here.

Ush, I'm trying, lol

God I am.

I haven't initially started trouble as you've probably seen recently. Really, I don't like putting people down at all. I see people on here all the time attack others personally merely because of opposing views. I just think it seems much more intelligent to attack a persons idea instead of the person. It's more mentally stimulating and challenging to me. I could never call someone "stupid" for disagreeing with me.

lol, I dunno.

I like this forum. I like it because I can come on here and discuss, debate and provoke thought with other high caliber and civilized posters whom like to think.

But as the saying goes "Make people think and they'll like you. Make them really think and they'll hate you for it."

I am for civility and intellectualism, debate-wise. And I will continue to be.

Tangible God
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I love social psychology..check this out.

Hey, Tangible, are you talking about yourself?

lol honestly Tangible, i've clicked on your name and practically seen a bunch of reply you've posted..

There all insults. Degredations. Swears, curses, retorts, defamations, belittlements and you've never been kicked out and i have? lol what a rip off, lol

I mean i don't care, really, you're just lifeless text on a screen, just saying for the **** of it, just to bring it up.

Like say now for instance, we all know that, without me attacking you, you will reply back to me with an insulting retort degrading my mentality, how i think or how much of a loser i am or something across thoses lines but whatever it is, it will be an insult showing me and everyone else how low my intelligence is or much of a loser you think i am. I bet..

You have a pattern.

I looked up troll and flame and you fit the description presicely...lol go ahead. your turn. lets see... Ditto.

I don't mean to be rude or insulting, but your grammer, and the fact you responded in such a fashion, doesn't boost your intelligence.

I hope Ush understands...

Tangible God
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Let's NOT. Flame baiting sucks, don't piss away the good stuff we had going on this forum. TG, please don't respond. Sorry.

Sorgo
Ush, I'm trying, lol

God I am.

I haven't initially started trouble as you've probably seen recently. Really, I don't like putting people down at all. I see people on here all the time attack others personally merely because of opposing views. I just think it seems much more intelligent to attack a persons idea instead of the person. It's more mentally stimulating and challenging to me. I could never call someone "stupid" for disagreeing with me.

lol, I dunno.

I like this forum. I like it because I can come on here and discuss, debate and provoke thought with other high caliber and civilized posters whom like to think.

But as the saying goes "Make people think and they'll like you. Make them really think and they'll hate you for it."

I am for civility and intellectualism, debate-wise. And I will continue to be.

You wouldn't have to kiss the Moderator's asses if you acted right in the first place.

FistOfThe North
You wouldn't have to kiss the Moderator's asses if you acted right in the first place.

Rrrrrr., lol

Not kissing his ass. Im not beggin him to keep me on, im just saying whats in my head, you...

peace brother..

Sorgo
Rrrrrr., lol

Not kissing his ass. Im not beggin him to keep me on, im just saying whats in my head, you...

peace brother..

Oops! Too late! You're banned.

Deus Ex
lol!

Yeah, peace, brother.

Captain REX
More like piece *hint hint nudge nudge chk chk BANG BANG*

Haha...hah...oi...

Sorgo
More like piece *hint hint nudge nudge chk chk BANG BANG*

Haha...hah...oi...

laughing

Deus Ex
Darn. No more Fisting of the North Star's witty mod bashing come backs. Rex, you must be devastated.

Twilight Janick
I'm lucky to escape the devastation.

Tru_Slice
PT Jedi times suck. Too may rules and those gay robes.

NJO would be pretty fun, just being an average Jedi with his own cool clothes and OWN personal lightsaber...maybe even be in Rouge Squadron.

Too bad I have to settle for just reading that crap. mad

Bespin Bart
Um, all lightsabers are personal items.

Twilight Janick
I know all too well that the rules of PT Jedi are too restrictive.

Tru_Slice
What I mean by personal lightsaber is that everbody's lightsaber looks something other than this:

Gryn Jabar
They don't look like that. Look at Yoda's. Look at Windu's. Look at Anakin's (bad example lol).

Tru_Slice
Don't get me started on how many people have that lightsaber.

Twilight Janick
Look at how few lightsabers that are not red, blue or green in blade colors. Mine is yellow.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Don't get me started on how many people have that lightsaber.

Exactly.

Tru_Slice
Seriously, how much effort was needed to give everybody the same saber?

It would've been so much cooler to see everybody with a different saber.

Captain REX
Meh, that's more relevant to the props used in the movie than to lightsabers used by Jedi.

In any case, all Jedi build their own weapon, regardless of how they look.

Twilight Janick
In addition, they also choose the color of their blades. The most expensive ones are blue, green and red, because they're taken from precious crystals. That's why I see Mace Windu as being the type who wants to manage the finances of the Order and trying to reduce the lightsaber costs.

Tangible God
Meh, that's more relevant to the props used in the movie than to lightsabers used by Jedi.

In any case, all Jedi build their own weapon, regardless of how they look. They don't have much of an imagination do they?

Lana
More like it was easier and cheaper to build the sabers to look the same than to have them all different.

Tru_Slice
Like I've said before, Lucas is a cheap ba$tard.

Darth Faunus
Who spent $117 million on his last film. . .

Deus Ex
And sent over a million to help build a MLK Junior memorial. What a cheap ass, indeed.

Darth Faunus
Right? And do you realize that if Lucas was such a cheapass, this particular board wouldn't exist?

Twilight Janick
This ain't cheap at all! Anyway, what would the blade color of your lightsaber be?

Bespin Bart
One question...

How the hell would crystals cost anything if Jedi go to Ilum or some other Jedi-related planet and simply find them, grab them, shape them, and put them in the lightsaber?

Oh, and yellow. I remember you sent me some randomly obnoxious PM saying that Geonosians couldn't be Force sensitive and that yellow was impossible but not really...

Twilight Janick
I didn't say that Geonosians were not Force-sensitive. I said it was possible, though rare that Geonosians would be. I don't know if Ilum or other Jedi-related planets has crystals allowing for yellow lightsabers. I know for sure, however, that yellow lightsabers aren't anywhere in the canon. Maybe there would have some in the NJO or very old Jedi Order tales.

Lana
Anyone complaining about how all the generic Jedi have the same saber and saying that Lucas is cheap because of it obviously has no knowledge of prop building and the amount of time and work that goes into it.

I don't see why a Geonosian would be any more or less likely to be Force sensitive than any other species.

And in the books and games and such people have sabers of pretty much every color.

Deus Ex
*Steals the 100 x 100 limit of Lana's avatar size*

Pretty much. Why is this thread in existance again?

Lana
I don't have 100x100 yet, not for another 3 weeks stick out tongue

And I'm not really sure.

Tru_Slice
Anyone complaining about how all the generic Jedi have the same saber and saying that Lucas is cheap because of it obviously has no knowledge of prop building and the amount of time and work that goes into it.

I don't see why a Geonosian would be any more or less likely to be Force sensitive than any other species.

And in the books and games and such people have sabers of pretty much every color.

I know that the saber props used were made up of 7075 T6 "aircraft grade" turned aluminum, plastic, brass, are about 1.5 inches in diameter, and about 11 inches long.

And a decent one costs around $200, which is beer money for Lucas.

All the $177 million that Lucas spent on the movie was from our gracious donations and that giant toy market he capatalizes in.

We give him more than enough money to give us want we want.

EPIII wasn't near the quality of ANH, which one 7 academy awards, and only took $8 million to make, and you didn't see Luke, Ben, and Vader all have the same saber.

My point was that he was lazy with his money and you all know it.

Lana
And I said that it's not to do with money, but the amount of time that has to be spent designing and building the props.

I design and make costumes and props as a hobby. I know how long it can take to do that sort of thing. And quite frankly, something like that, where it's just details that 99.99% of people will never notice....would fall pretty low on the priority scale.

In ANH they all had different sabers because they had to build like what, 3 different ones? Three's a lot different than the couple hundred they had to for AOTC.

Tru_Slice
Yea, I know, I mean no offense, as I make costumes and props myself.

I really did notice that everybody had the same saber, and I pointed it out to my friens at the theaters.

My point is, what's another $100 thousand to make different sabers for everybody?

Especially when you got the money!

Twilight Janick
In most games, Geonosians and Gungans doesn't have the right to possess Force-sensitive traits.

Tru_Slice
Just like Arnold Swarzeneggar doesn't have the right to be president because he's Austrian.

It's all prejudice.

Lana
Originally posted by Tru_Slice
Yea, I know, I mean no offense, as I make costumes and props myself.

I really did notice that everybody had the same saber, and I pointed it out to my friens at the theaters.

My point is, what's another 0 thousand to make different sabers for everybody?

Especially when you got the money!

Yes, they had the money, but the amount of time it would have taken to do so is the larger factor here.

In most games, Geonosians and Gungans doesn't have the right to possess Force-sensitive traits.

So? That doesn't mean they can or can't be Force sensitive.

Sorgo

Any Race on Star Wars can have potential to become a Force user. ANY.

Council#13
Yeah. I think there was a Bantha Jedi or something in the ancient Jedi Order. But that might jsut be EU junk

Pentagram
Exactly, i think the EU has pretty much exhausted every object for species who are forc sensitive. Whether they're clever enough to grasp the concept of becoming a jedi is another story, but with force sensitivity usually comes wisdom, so most jedi are smarter than the average - in other words, a Geonosian would probably be kicked out of his hive for being different. I've even read somewhere(can't remember where) of Gamorrean jedi, who have been altered to be smarter.

Pent

Council#13
A smart Gamorrean? What's star wars coming to?

Twilight Janick
Remember that only aristocratic Geonosians are protected against the kick-out-of-the-hive policy. If they were soldiers or drones, they'd be exiled from their hive. If they were aristocrats, then they'd be moved towards diplomatic positions.

Bespin Bart
Or, like all Jedi, it would never be in their caste system ever. Not much thinking required there...

General Zink
Originally posted by Pentagram
Exactly, i think the EU has pretty much exhausted every object for species who are forc sensitive. Whether they're clever enough to grasp the concept of becoming a jedi is another story, but with force sensitivity usually comes wisdom, so most jedi are smarter than the average - in other words, a Geonosian would probably be kicked out of his hive for being different. I've even read somewhere(can't remember where) of Gamorrean jedi, who have been altered to be smarter.

Pent

Hurray for intelligence in the Star Wars forums. I salute you, Pent. big grin

Twilight Janick
I think Jedi might be recruited in schools if it were for modern-day Earth. Among students who ace exams without study, there are large chances that these may be Force-sensitive.

As for Geonosians, where would they live if they'd been kicked out of their respective hives, regardless of class?

Lana
Who knows or cares? Is it important? No.

And if they were Jedi they wouldn't be living on Geonosis anyway. Duh.

Twilight Janick
They would still have missions on that planet. It is possible for soldiers that have been kicked out of their hives to still live on Geonosis, the same thing can be made of Geonosian Jedi.

Gryn Jabar
Any Race on Star Wars can have potential to become a Force user. ANY.
Even microbes? I know they are force sensitive, but can they channel the force into Force lightnening?

Lana
They would still have missions on that planet. It is possible for soldiers that have been kicked out of their hives to still live on Geonosis, the same thing can be made of Geonosian Jedi.

They might still have a mission there, but that has nothing to do with living there. For the most part Jedi live in the Temple on Coruscant, so far as I know.

Twilight Janick
As far as I'm concerned, how a relatively small religious unit can have so much influence on the galactic stage? They barely have 10,000 members; even the estimated numbers of Jedi in the U.K. is estimated as 50,000.

FistOfThe North
"Imagine yourself as a Jedi."

I'd be a resurrected Dark Jedi.

And i'd say:

"hello boys. I'm back from the dead, and more powerful than you could possibly.....etc etc.."

you know the rest..hee hee

Deus Ex
As far as I'm concerned, how a relatively small religious unit can have so much influence on the galactic stage? They barely have 10,000 members; even the estimated numbers of Jedi in the U.K. is estimated as 50,000.

Jedi in the UK? You're serious?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lana

I hate to inform you that there's a line between fantasy and reality....

Illustrious
Originally posted by Deus Ex
Jedi in the UK? You're serious?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, how else do they keep the peace without guns? I mean, duh!

Deus Ex
The Force, of course of course.

Great Vengeance
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/get_rich_or_die_tryin_/50_cent/getrich_poster.jpg

Tangible God
They would still have missions on that planet. It is possible for soldiers that have been kicked out of their hives to still live on Geonosis, the same thing can be made of Geonosian Jedi. MISSIONS on Geonosis? What are you some kind of Runescape nut?

General Zink
I hate to inform you that there's a line between fantasy and reality....

There's also a line between 'person' and 'moron,' but, like fantasy and reality, the lines seem to have blurred a bit...

Twilight Janick
Good Lord! The Jedi in the UK are only a purely statistical figure.

Bespin Bart
blink

You are WACK.

Tangible God
Originally posted by General Zink
There's also a line between 'person' and 'moron,' but, like fantasy and reality, the lines seem to have blurred a bit... Lol

Twilight Janick
In what ways did the lines blur?

Tangible God
In what ways did the lines blur? OMG man, learn a sense of humour.

Twilight Janick
There are many people at school who think of me as the Chosen One.

Tangible God
Wow, that was irrelevant.

Captain REX
I wonder if fiction even exists for you, TJ. blink

Lana
I wonder if fiction even exists for you, TJ. blink

The line has not only blurred, but seemingly completely disappeared....

Great Vengeance
There are many people at school who think of me as the Chosen One.

I too have experienced this...

Captain REX
*cries*

Tangible God
*cries* There there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.