did mace used vaapad in palpatine duel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manowar555
or is it just eu crap

The New History
suicide7

PVS
Originally posted by manowar555
or is it just eu crap

just eu crap

just eu crap

just eu crap

eu crap

eu crap

eu crap

mandalorian_war
amen pvs

Lord J
or is it just eu crap DOES IT REALLY MATTERpissed

chilled monkey
Yes he did use Vaapad. That's why he won.

DeVi| D0do
lol

darthvader_fan
what the hell is vaapad

sounds alot like EU

chilled monkey
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
what the hell is vaapad

sounds alot like EU

Vaapad is Mace Windu's fighting style.

Echuu
It's also called Form VII. It is a possibility that he used this form because it flirts very close to the darkside. It would explain his rash decisions in the dule and his anger.

Otherwise I agree with PVS on this one.

chilled monkey>......... Palpatine OWNED Mace. It looked at one point that Palpatine was close to screwing up but Anakin came through for him.

manowar555>.........I'm pretty sure there are a ton of threads on this somewhere. There is a search button for the forums.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Vaapad is Mace Windu's fighting style.
lol

Darth Traya
Look, the forms of Lightsabre combat ARE canon. Nick Gillard made them and they have the approval of George Lucas, so don't be so arrogant and snide.

PVS
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Look, the forms of Lightsabre combat ARE canon. Nick Gillard made them and they have the approval of George Lucas, so don't be so arrogant and snide.

RM: "Mace (Sam) does not use "vaapad" (?) in Ep3, he does what Nick tells him to do for the scene"

http://www.buzzscope.com/news.php?id=504

whistle

Eleonora
According to the novel he does, so it's pointless to go on.

PVS
according to the guy who produced the film, and thus the guy who coordinated the fight scenes, he doesnt.

so....he doesnt

simple as that

chilled monkey
Originally posted by PVS
according to the guy who produced the film, and thus the guy who coordinated the fight scenes, he doesnt.

so....he doesnt

simple as that

Uh no. Lucas has not actually said that. He has not said that the seven Forms don't exist. Ergo, they are canon until he says otherwise.

Mace used Vaapad. Yoda used Ataro. Kenobi used Soresu. Dooku used Makashi etc.

Simple as that.

Lord J
messed

i call Ataro eek!

PVS
Uh no. Lucas has not actually said that. He has not said that the seven Forms don't exist. Ergo, they are canon until he says otherwise.

Simple as that.

then i guess you know more about ep3 than the guy who produced it, or the guy who coordinated the duels roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/STFUFANBOY.jpg

chilled monkey
You're missing the point.

If Lucas or Nick Gillard had actually said "the seven Forms don't exist" then fine. They have not said this. They have not said anything to contradict the existence of the Forms.

So why do you assume that the Forms are not part of continuity when Lucas has said nothing of the sort? Do YOU know 'more about ep3 than the guy who produced it, or the guy who coordinated the duels?'

Having the Forms is fun. It adds depth to the characters and the duels.

DeVi| D0do
Nah, it's just EU geek speak.

Originally posted by PVS
RM: "Mace (Sam) does not use "vaapad" (?) in Ep3, he does what Nick tells him to do for the scene"
Simple as that.

Scarecrow756
It was mentioned in the ROTS novel.

Jedi Priestess
Doesnt make it canon tho. no

Alkaselzer

Simple as that.

Er...not really.

If he doesn't acknowledge their existance...they probably don't exist to him. Canon means Lucas said it, or it was in the movies...or radio drama, I suppose, if you talk about the OT...

chilled monkey
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Nah, it's just EU geek speak.

Simple as that.

Where's the fun in that?

"If he doesn't acknowledge their existance...they probably don't exist to him."

Forms 1-7 are present in books, games etc, which Lucas gave permission to make. I'd say that was at least tacit approval.

Basically, you can't say "Forms don't exist because I say so" and expect that to be taken as law, when Lucas has never actually said that they aren't part of continuity.

Besides, having the Forms is more fun.

PVS
you're just trying so hard to bend reality arent you.

ok, lets try this again. the man who PRODUCED THE FILM said
that IN THE FILM, mace did NOT use any 'form'. NG simply told them
what to do, and they did it.

FACT

DEAL. WITH. IT.

The New History
Where's the fun in that?

"If he doesn't acknowledge their existance...they probably don't exist to him."

Forms 1-7 are present in books, games etc, which Lucas gave permission to make. I'd say that was at least tacit approval.

Basically, you can't say "Forms don't exist because I say so" and expect that to be taken as law, when Lucas has never actually said that they aren't part of continuity.

Besides, having the Forms is more fun. Well not everything in life is fun now is it.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by PVS
you're just trying so hard to bend reality arent you.

ok, lets try this again. the man who PRODUCED THE FILM said
that IN THE FILM, mace did NOT use any 'form'. NG simply told them
what to do, and they did it.

FACT

DEAL. WITH. IT.

Hold on, you're saying that in the storyline, NG told MACE WINDU and PALPATINE what to do. Funny, I don't recall seeing NG on-screen.

We're not talking about the making of the movie, we're talking about what happens in the film's context.

In the MOVIE they all use different Forms, it adds depth to the characters.

Plus in ANH, Kenobi says that the lightsabre is an elegant weapon. This means that it takes discipline and training to use, just like a regular sword. It's "an elegant weapon," so they aren't just swinging around wildly. And logically there isn't going to be just one style. Look how many martial arts there are on earth alone, never mind having a whole galaxy to develop different techniques.

PVS
Hold on, you're saying that in the storyline, NG told MACE WINDU and PALPATINE what to do. Funny, I don't recall seeing NG on-screen.

no expression

We're not talking about the making of the movie, we're talking about what happens in the film's context.

thats right, and no mention of forms were in the movie, correct or did you see a different ep3 than i did? NO MENTION. therefore, it WAS NOT in the context of the film AT ALL.

In the MOVIE they all use different Forms, it adds depth to the characters.

thats bullshit. as i said before, but you felt it warranted a smartass rebuttal, the man who directed the film TOLD US THAT THERE WERE NO FORMS!!! yet you know better. typical fanboy

And logically there isn't going to be just one style. Look how many martial arts there are on earth alone, never mind having a whole galaxy to develop different techniques.

tell it to GL, or RM, because they obviously dont share your superior logic.
RM made it perfectly clear. there was no talk of fighting styles. they were just told to do moves, and they did them. they are concerned with making exciting duels, not satisfying fanboys with trivial EU nonesense.

i gave you a quote which shatters your theory to tiny pieces and you still dont get it. then you never will.

if you need to convince yourself that there are forms, in order for your experience to be "fun" when watching, then more power to you. but dont try to peddle that crap in a CANON forum because the proof speaks for itself.

the truth: you are WRONG, forms are EU
dont like that? well dont cry to me, call rick m. and cry to him.

Sir Mist
If that was vaapad........vaapad is gay.

The New History

laughing

Ushgarak
Ok, can we calm it down here folks, thankyou?

But I am afraif they are right, CM- it is encumbant for something to appear in a canon source to be canon, not for it to simply be not denied. That's how it is, and all this talk of 'forms' is totally EU.

Hence, moving...

Fishy
Can't you just lock threads like this or throw them away? I mean there is no reason for them to be in an EU sub forum...

Bicnarok

Fishy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.