Dante V.s Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AdventChild
SO?

Deus Ex
There, I voted.

K1ll3r
I voted for draw, reasons: unknown

SaTsuJiN
well.. it hasnt been done WITH A POLL! now be quiet.. stick out tongue

I havent played kratos' game.. can someone school me on his feats? sad

mailedbypostman
Can someone school me on dante?
Kratos:HUGE strength=Moving boulders twice his size, ripping people i half (longways).
Tough-Can survive being pounded by cyclops/minotaur/other stuff.
Killed a God and various minions, but he *did* have some help.
Has blades of chaos and artemis.
Has medusa's gaze, lightning calldown, and army of hades.

Kykiokushin
Another interesting thread... Dante is pretty badass and Kratos is pretty brutal! I say Dante!

Burning thought
what is it with constant resurrections....ridiculous

but either way, Dante...hes got more weapons and equipment as well as various special powers like time boggle that would ruin Kratos' chances unless this is God Kratos, then ofc its the opposite

Becci
God Kratos would kick Dante ass yes

Dark-Jaxx
Dante only wins with time powers.

EDIT: Then again, Kratos himself now has the power of time itself.

First_Tsurugi06
Circumstances, please?

fascistcrusader
Dante in a curb stomp.

Becci
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Dante in a curb stomp.

God Kratos would stomp Dante.

Burning thought
dont say God Kratos, he prob doesnt know who it is lol, he just likes Dante more stick out tongue

fascistcrusader
God Kratos would stomp Dante.

I see you're a little confused, so I'll walk you through it. Mundus is an extremely powerful god like being, stronger than anything in GoW. He cannot be defeated by anything but the power of Sparda, GoW gods can be tooled by mere mortals. Dante at his best in DMC 4 is better than he was in DMC1, so in actuality:

DMC 4 Dante >>>> DMC 1 Dante > Mundus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> God Kratos >>>>>>>>>>>>> Kratos.

Burning thought
I think your just laughing about now, prob saying silly things to amuse yourself or some little friends, but not me anymore....

Mundus was one of the most pathetic beings ive seen in gaming, he was puny both in size and power, demi god Kratos would smash Mundus around and likely punch the thing into next year, its also poor A>B>C logic, which fails by default half the time, especially here

God Kratos laughs while ANY form of Dante wails on him for a few hours, then swings his arm and Dante gets knocked off his feet and goes unconcious

fascistcrusader
I know you have a really hard time with logic BT, so I'll try to be really simple here.

Gods in GoW: Killed by mortals.

Mundus("god" of the demons): Cannot be killed by any mortal, only by the power of Sparda.

Right there we see that a weaker Dante beat a more powerful being than any god in GoW. God Kratos would fall before Mundus, and Dante beat Mundus in a weaker form. Kratos has no chance in any form against DMC4 Dante.

Burning thought
Gods killed by mortals? when?

when is Mundus ever called "God" and where does it say "only" by the power of Sparda? thats no limits fallacy, i guess Gallactus is doomed in the face of Mundus then......Mundus is a puny Emperor of the DMC hell and is shut away like some muppet almost constantly throughout the games, then is nothing but a queer statue and a bunch of even queerer eyes inside, hes got no feats.

fascistcrusader
Aries was killed by Kratos when Kratos was a mortal. GoW gods are gods in name only, they're pathetic.

Mundus was the ruler of the demon world, truly a god over it. He could not be defeated by any mortal. Even Dante, who is a half demon immortal, couldn't stop him without tapping into hid full demonic power inherited from his father Sparda. Mundus would laugh at any of the GoW gods.

Burning thought
"God" is a name for all beings, its a title, the only "real" God is "THE God" all the rest are titles and no, false, techncially Kratos was no mortal when he beat Ares, youve not played the game obviously.

nope, false, he was simply Emperor, no God, just like some ruler, even dante? Dante is a fly comapred to what was required to kill Ares....Mundus would laugh? his a tiny little speck, hed be like a minor building sitting on the ground, barely up to the Gods knee before it kicks him across the world. Zeus would solo the DMC verse

fascistcrusader
Dante would solo Mt Olympus like they were nothing.

Also BT, you need to knock off the hypocrisy. When Kain is fighting Pyron size is no problem, but when Mundus is fighting Aries ZOMG HEEZ SOOO SMALLL!!!!111. Seriously man, when you can stop being a silly fanboy then we can discuss things, ok champ?

BetrayedUnicorn
Im going to have to go with dante.

Burning thought
Dante would solo Mt Olympus like they were nothing.

Also BT, you need to knock off the hypocrisy. When Kain is fighting Pyron size is no problem, but when Mundus is fighting Aries ZOMG HEEZ SOOO SMALLL!!!!111. Seriously man, when you can stop being a silly fanboy then we can discuss things, ok champ?

lmao, just how Sephiroth can one hit Sargerus? durlaugh

Mundus cannot take souls however, Mundus is a joke who has hardly any powers to mention at all, hes nothing....

riiigght ime a silly fanboy? haha, okie sure thing m8, sure thing, ill join the Sephiroth way "bows to sephiroth" oh great Sephiroth destroy the Entire Warcraftverse with one slash in your girl attire durw00t

fascistcrusader
Only when you shed your hypocrisy and fanboyism will you be able to see the world for what it really is, BT.

Burning thought
riiggghht brother FC has spoken people

TricksterPriest
I don't know about God Kratos, never played GOW2. But any other version loses to Dante. Dante's faster, stronger, more skilled, and more versatile.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I don't know about God Kratos, never played GOW2. But any other version loses to Dante. Dante's faster, stronger, more skilled, and more versatile.

The fact that you call Dante stroger proves that you really aren't worth quoting. I can go on, but someone else beckons...

The same can be said about you, fascistcrusader. There is a little more to the details of the battles Kratos had. One, Kratos was not in "mortal" form when he killed Ares, he was amped up to God levels of size AND power when he used Pandora's Box (as said through the narration; "After a thousand years, Pandora's box was at last opened. The power of the Gods, unleashed "wink. Even then, Ares as a God managed to erradicate an army of thousands with his mind alone, Kratos as a God was described as even ore "ruthless and powerful than Ares ever was". Put two and two together and you'll get the idea.

Kratos' Blade of Olympus holds his power as the God of War, and with it, he managed to kill Athena with one stab (accidentally of course, but it still speaks for its power), Zeus only survived so many stabs because he was that much more powerful than Athena. But even then, it shows that only Godly power has ever killed a God of War series God. Dante is nothing of the sort. One touch from the Blade of Olympus and Dante's done. Realistically, God Kratos can just make a quick gesture to pop Dante's head with his mind, assuming Kratos doesn't grow three hundred feet to stomp him or go back in time to erase him from existance (the latter of which he doesn't need to be in God form for anyway).

And IMO, Argosax was a more impressive feat than Mundus, even though Argosax was never even at full power when Dante defeated him (alot of it went to Arius before he got corrupted by it). If anything, it's the DMC demons that are their respective mythological counterparts in name only (especially given their often ridiculous change in concept).

fascistcrusader
I don't think anyone here supporting Kratos has ever finished a Devil May Cry game. Mundus could not be defeated by anything but the power of Sparda, a power far greater than anything we've seen in GoW. Mortal creations could not harm him.

Gods in GoW are hardly worthy of the title. Athena was killed by a big hunk of rock impaling her. That's not a god, that's a big human. GoW is laughable compared to DMC.

ThoraxeRMG
Get off Dante's dick.... >_>

Burning thought
The only version Dante beats, is the weakest one, the Demi-God with zero God power, other than that, the rest of the Kratos' tool him.

Athena killed by rock? youve not played the games lol....

ALL of DMC would fall to Zeus alone with ease, hell Ares wouldnt have any problems, he would likely sink the DMC 1 island with a couple of punches and stamps, then he would in DMC 3 throw the tower across the world and then when hes done with that, yawn while pulling the head off the savior and laughing at Dante picking away at his big toe with the Sparda sword (which is a bit of a lame weapon in the series, i mean wtf....its okie that it can change forms and such into diffrnnt weapons but hell..it doesnt look good)

Zeus/w BOO+pissed>>>>>>>God Kratos (imo, since although Zeus is beaten, his durability is massive and he only lost due to trickery) who>>>>>>>>Ares who>>>>>>>>>DMC universe

fascistcrusader
She was killed by a big rock sword through the torso. That's called being killed by a rock.

Nero could stop Zeus. Zeus and all of the GoW gods are jokes, getting killed by mortals or by being stabbed with a rock. Someone with a bit of devil power could solo all of Olympus.

I'm afraid your rampant fanboyism has blinded you to the truth, but it isn't the first time. Once again:

DMC 4 Dante >>>>>> DMC 1 Dante > Mundus >> DMC 3 Dante >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> God Kratos >>>> Kratos.

Burning thought
woe woe woe, that was Ares young man, and not through the Torso, through his head......put there by the gods, so we dont know what its made out of....not neccerily rock thats for sure, but it may be. Wieded by kratos empowered with Pandoras secrets.

FC your a joke to Thorax, me, Becci and utrigos and prob more besides.....you can post what you like, but you had no credability to begin with and you prob gone into minus figuires and more infamy for foolery by now lol

debate, ime bored of your foolery, heres what yu need to prove:

Dante could survive Kratos putting that sword through him

That Dante could survive the BOO

That Dante could damage God Kratos

infact none of your rubbish is proven, your justp utting arrows, thats not debating sport, go and find out how to debate, then defeat my points. Dante is very low in strength in comparison to GOW characters and power. Kratos could easily clear all DMC games, Dante couldnt clear GOW

fascistcrusader
No, that was Athena. Go play the beginning of GoW 2, please.

No, I'm afraid you're the joke, sport. All you have is fanboyism, you've never once backed up your claims with any evidence, instead resorting to "nuh uh" and "you just don't know." You should have quit while you had some dignity, sport.

Have you ever played a DMC game? Dante took a demonic blade through his chest and was fine, a big rock sword would be lucky to tickle him.

He can survive anything that isn't a demonic blade forged to kill him.

Pay attention, please. We've already established that Mundus is more powerful than any god of Olympus, and Dante took him out.

laughing

This coming from the guy who thinks that non canon gameplay mechanics are valid and that Kain is anything more than just a pathetic vampire in the grand scheme of things. Here's the thing, champ: If Kain can't beat Raziel on his own, then he'd get his ass handed to him by Raziel working with another powerful character, much less more than 5 of them. laughing

Rnn along now, ok sport.

Estacado
Dante.

Dark-Jaxx
...Oh my God he IS that stupid...

Burning thought
I dont think FC knows what debating is, hes comparing Alastor going through Dante to a sword whos tiny point on the end would split Dante in two......that would be too big to even impale Mundus

no your a joke, youve got becci, me, utrigos, Mad mel and Dark-Jaxx who seem to think so and youve yet to debate anything, let alone prove anything

no we have not, you need to prove Mundus is more powerful, go on please

he does not know circumstances between the Raziel and Kain fight

FC stop stamping your feet, i think the age level of this forum is at least over 6 or 7, for your own safety

fascistcrusader
I love how size only matters in battles when it benefits who you're supporting, silly hypocrite.

No, you're a kain fanboy, Becci's a complete Warcraft fangirl, and the others just hate Sephiroth because he's popular and they think he's "overrated." I'm afraid you're just upset because you've lost, champ.

Already did, go back and read through the topic again, silly.

I know the circumstances very wel, the only LoK game I've yet to play is BO 2. Kain cannot defeat Raziel, yet you think he could beat Raziel with characters stronger than both of them combined supporting him? You need help, sport.

Now please, stop using logical fallacies like appealing to the majority to support your unsupportesd claims. I know you like to make your internet buddies think you're cool, but that isn't how you debate.

Peach
Knock off all of the hostility. That means everyone.

BTW, fascistcrusader, I hope you know that calling people fanboys like that constitutes bashing.

Burning thought
"oh dear, oh my god, the world is all wrong, ime right!!!"

ill post one last serious post to you so you can see how little you know and youve never seen me debate i would not waste my time on you, nor have you debated yet, here you go:

b95x0FwP8Lw

damn, seems Kain could never beat Raziel

fascistcrusader
Is Raziel still alive and well? Check. Has Kain ever defeated Raziel? Nope. Therefore Kain would fail miserably to Raziel with any other warrior helping him,. much less a plethora of people superior to Kain. Why don't you run along and right some Kain fanfiction, it might make you feel beter.

Burning thought
grabbing him by the neck is defeat, he could of killed Raziel when he wanted and laughed while easily blasting him across the room, Kain isnt even trying here nor is he trying when he fights Raziel, if you had played the games you would know why and would understand but you have not played the games and ime not telling you what happens since you claimed you have, you are a liar.

fascistcrusader
No, I'm afraid it isn't defeat. If he would have killed Raziel, then he would have defeated him, but Kain can't destroy him. If that was the case then Sephiroth won in Advent Children, because he had Cloud on the ground and pinned to the wall with his asword through Cloud's shoulder, that's more than Kain has ever done to Raziel. Please, stop ignoring the facts to make Kain look better.

Burning thought
no, thats destroy, you dont have to kill to defeat, see you dont even know battle standards lmao and Cloud beat Sephiroths @ss and destoryecd him.....

fascistcrusader
According to your logic Sephiroth won that fight. If grabbing someone = victory then stabbing someone through the shoulder and pinning them to the wall = wtfpwnage. Please, think before you post silly.

Burning thought
no....he did not win because Cloud was released and destoryed sephiroth "silly"

incapacitation is defeat

fascistcrusader
And Raziel was released and he's still alive and well, just as Cloud. This means Raziel has never been beaten by Kain, silly.

Burning thought
incapaciated=defeated

fascistcrusader
No, no it doesn't. Defeated means crushed, obliterated, destroyed, or killed. Grabbing someone's neck isn't nearly defeating anyone, silly. Kain can't beat Raziel, its just a simple fact.

Burning thought
then you have been mislead in meaings of words smile learn what words mean, then come back to me

fascistcrusader
Here's a helpful tip: Its best to learn how to debate and follow logic before you go and make yourself look sily like you did here.thumb up

Burning thought
Originally posted by Burning thought
then you have been mislead in meaings of words smile learn what words mean, then come back to me

fascistcrusader
I'm pretty sure that's you, silly. Grabbing someone's neck =/= incapacitation, and incapacitation isn't always defeat. Sephiroth incapacitated Cloud, but he still lost in the end, champ. Now how about you go write some LoK fan fiction where all of your thought s on Kain are true. Then I'll take you out for ice cream, ok sport?

Burning thought
I wouldnt want an ice cream from you, youll prob think ice cream means something completely diffrent due to your seemingly high lack of intellect in spelling and understanding words, i thought they tought you that in kindergarten son?

General Kaliero
Fascistcrusader, for continued attempts at baiting, I'm giving you yet another warning.

Stop it.

Burning thought... stop taking the bait.

Burning thought
sorry

Becci
I would love some icecream with Burning Thought eek!

fascistcrusader
I'm debating, not baiting. BT is sitting here flaming away because he can't accept logic and reason.

Burning thought
argueing with mods......."sigh"

Becci
I'm debating, not baiting. BT is sitting here flaming away because he can't accept logic and reason.

That is baiting, not debating.

fascistcrusader
Its not baiting, its making a suggestion.

Burning thought
which is baiting, the mods are not dumb, or are you implying that?

Becci
Baiting

fascistcrusader
You're not a mod, silly. Calm down, sport.

And Becci, please look up the definition suggestion, you'll find those hard to understand words become simple when you look them up.

Burning thought
lol hes going for a ban for sure, i wouldnt be surprised Becci, i think he prob wants to be so theres no point in wasting forum space for him

fascistcrusader
Please, there is nothing in the rules about making suggestions. Familiarize yourself with the rules here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

You'll find I've not broken a single rule on that list, while you have with your flaming. yes

Burning thought
Courtesy and likely "under 13's" rule

fascistcrusader
No, the courtesy rule only says no flaming or personal attacks. I never once personally attacked you, though you continue to flame me and everyone else who disagrees with you.

And I can guarantee that I'm older than you, champ. wink

Burning thought
Ive flamed no one, the constant "your a fanboy" kind of posts from you that both the General and Becci have highlighted for you to see quite clearly are flaming

lol...how can you Guarantee that? show me your evidence, that sentence alone says otherwise

fascistcrusader
You are a fanboy, I'm not the only one who sees that, silly, most of this board knows of your Kain fetish. The truth isn't flaming, fi you're being a Kain fanboy and that's pointed out to you its just a helpful hint, not a flame.

And your awful use of punctuation and capitalization is a far greater indicator of a low age than anything I've ever done, silly.

Burning thought
no you see thats an attack, calling someone a fanboy, for I am not one is an attack, I can defeat almost ANY point thrown against me being a fanboy, i simply like Kain, hwoever ive not played a LOK game for a good year or so, so you dont even know me, and that means i cannot possibly be a fanboy, i can defeat basically any point thrown at kain in debates, just like ive beaten almost every debate ive gotten into about Kain, including the one you like to prance about in and bash me in, the one with Kain VS all those characers in a team but i bet you could never defeat my points in that thread

I dont think it is, i think your constant and obvious baiting, stamping your feet etc etc are far worse

Becci
You are a fanboy

If he is a fanboy, you are twice the fanboy of him when it comes to Sephiroth stick out tongue

Burning thought
only twice??? stick out tongue

General Kaliero
FC, baiting - as in, inciting others to flaming with derogatory comments not explicitly against the rules - is an obvious no. And, before you attempt to reply, yes, your "suggestions" and condescending use of terms such as "silly" and "sport" are baiting.

At the moment, I could add arguing with a mod to your list, and I most definitely will if you continue to do so.

Please note that just one more warning will get you banned - at the very least (if you are lucky) for three days.

fascistcrusader
Fine, I'll try to be a little more forgiving with BT.

General Kaliero
Fine, I'll try to be a little more forgiving with BT.
No, you will be more civil, period.

Burning thought
even says sorry with a bait, what does "more forgiving mean?" may i ask? lol unbeliable

Becci
Originally posted by Burning thought
only twice??? stick out tongue

You at least did not think Kain would stomp Sargeras stick out tongue

Aaaanywaaaays, Kratos wins if this is God Kratos. Otherwise he loose bigtime.

Burning thought
indeed, this thread is over then

fascistcrusader
Ok, back on subjct. DMC 4 Dante takes any Kratos easily. End of thread.

Becci
Ok, back on subjct. DMC 4 Dante takes any Kratos easily. End of thread.

Because your words is fact? Why does Dante take any Kratos easy?

Burning thought
no this is where you put your evidence, why with evidence do you belive this?

fascistcrusader
I already put it up multiple times, but you either refused to read it or accept it. Dante has no troubl with huge foes as seen by the savior, so your "god kratos is too big" argument fails.

Dante has no trouble taking our god like beings such as Mundus. GoW gods can be killed by simply being impaled, Mundus cannot, therefore Mundus is more powerful than any GoW god. This means a weaker Dante could beat any god of olympus, so DMC 4 Dante would slaughter God Kratos.

Burning thought
But the savior is so much slower and has less attacks, the size is important if the opponent Dante is fighting can use it and Zeus being enormous makes a diffrent, your argument fails here also because Savior has many weak points on its body like its central heart area where Nero was trapped among other places, the Gods of Olympus do not.

Mundus is never said to be godlike, if he is, this is where you prove your argument with an official quote, statement etc. Mundus got smashed out of his rock quite easily by firey looking dragons when Dante devil triggers, and yes, impaled, but by what? not a tiny sparda weapon, not a low powered thing but Kratos using the might of the gods, and Athena does not die at the beginning, she dies at the end of GOW 2, no god or goddess dies at the beginnig. Also prove Mundus is more durable, ive not seen any feat of durability to mean he could survivie it.

This means that no Dante, not the most powerful Dante of all, could never beat God Kratos, who could just easily turn him to stone anyway or blow him to pieces with electricity

Becci
Kratos when becoming a God gain indestructable bones. How do you plan on killing him by impale?

Burning thought
exactley, Kratos cannot burn and his bones cannot break, but Dante could never impale Kratos, hes too small, it would be like poking a pin in a human, only a human with incredible resistance body and with massive strength as well as other "God" bonuses

fascistcrusader
The entire body of every god of olympus is a weak point, they're nothing but large humans with a little magic. Dante would destroy them like he destroyed Mundus and the Savior, Devil Arms and DT.

And the olympian gods don't have indestructible bones. If that were the case Aries wouldn't have had his skull poked through and Athena wouldn't have had her ribcage busted through.

Burning thought
what? lol, just large humans...their incredibly strong and the Savior is just a lump of floating rock...great with slow attacks...the savior is easy, little jewles on it like glass are its weakpoints..lame thing it is. Mundus is not worth mentioning until as i said, state your points. Devil arms wouldnt do much damage to any God from Olympus, he would have to do better than that, DT would not help him much when he is turned to stone.

Ares had his face, theres a diffrence, it was such a large sword it sord of covered his face and his lower chest, Athena was hit by the blade of olympus and she just disintegrated really into green light, neither had broken bones.

Becci
The entire body of every god of olympus is a weak point, they're nothing but large humans with a little magic

Just like how Sargeras has no feats and how he would be nothing without his army? stick out tongue Your points in debates are becoming less and less believable fascistcrusader. Your credibility is fading vastly and rapidly.

Kratos jumped from the top of Olympus and got up on his feet without a scratch or effort.

fascistcrusader
They are just big humans. They can be killed just as easily as a mortal could if you stab them in the head or chest. They couldn't do anything to Dante, he would regen from anything they threw at him.

Becci
And anything Dante threw on them would bounce of.

fascistcrusader
Unfortunately that's just not true. Dante has killed more powerful foes than them in weaker states than his current one. A little DT and olympus is a ghost town.

Kumori Okami
i cannot believe that i have never seen this thread before...

anyway, here's my input...

Dante, being half demon, would be only half as awesome as a demon (i.e. the minions of Hell)

Kratos, BEFORE attaining his godlike powers at the end of GOW1, was sent to Hell, and if you'll all recall, had to fight his way out, thus killing hundreds upon thousands of demons (depending upon how long it takes to get out... i like killing...)

So, even without his God powers (which, i might add, he lost) or the power of the Titans, I still say Kratos.

Crying shame, as Dante is one of my all-time faves... Kratos gets points, though, for managing to KILL A GOD!!!

EDIT: Not to mention, Kratos is by far, the faster of the two, and thus has the speed advantage, as well.

Becci
Unfortunately that's just not true. Dante has killed more powerful foes than them in weaker states than his current one. A little DT and olympus is a ghost town.

It is as true as Dante regenerate from anything they would throw at him.

fascistcrusader
Its him human half that makes him stronger than any other full demon save for Sparda. Why do you think Dante makes jokes out of hordes of full blooded demons?

Dante moves intantaneously, Kratos doesn't. How on Earth did you conclude he was faster?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Kumori Okami
i cannot believe that i have never seen this thread before...

anyway, here's my input...

Dante, being half demon, would be only half as awesome as a demon (i.e. the minions of Hell)

Kratos, BEFORE attaining his godlike powers at the end of GOW1, was sent to Hell, and if you'll all recall, had to fight his way out, thus killing hundreds upon thousands of demons (depending upon how long it takes to get out... i like killing...)

So, even without his God powers (which, i might add, he lost) or the power of the Titans, I still say Kratos.

Crying shame, as Dante is one of my all-time faves... Kratos gets points, though, for managing to KILL A GOD!!!

EDIT: Not to mention, Kratos is by far, the faster of the two, and thus has the speed advantage, as well.

Dante's hybrid status makes him more powerful than his father, who basically soloed everything in all the games. No offense, but most of Kratos's opponents don't strike me as being nearly as tenacious or as deadly as the shit Dante faced. erm

I do not give Kratos credit for killing Ares, since he used Pandora's box and later the blade of the gods. you may argue that Dante needed the Sparda blade to kill Mundus, but the blade was directly linked to his bloodline and true power. Effectively, the Sparda's true power is unleashed only when he attains his full strength.

Dante bullet-times alot, even attaining mach speed in DMC 3. Not to mention, he's vastly more skilled. And..........time stop. Not to mention his insane healing factor.

I can't comment on Kratos, the full god of war, but other than that, I don't see how Kratos wins. no

First_Tsurugi06
I don't think anyone here supporting Kratos has ever finished a Devil May Cry game. Mundus could not be defeated by anything but the power of Sparda, a power far greater than anything we've seen in GoW. Mortal creations could not harm him .

Gods in GoW are hardly worthy of the title. Athena was killed by a big hunk of rock impaling her. That's not a god, that's a big human. GoW is laughable compared to DMC.

And I'm on thepretty deep assumption that you've only been reading the GoW Wiki dry

The same thing is said for the God of War Gods, they were never killed by any "mortal creations", but instead something of their own power, Athena included, because if by big rock through her torso you mean a weapon probably more powerful than any weapon in the DMC universe, then sure, big rock. Again, it speaks more for the BoO's power. Hell, Dante technically never even killed Mundus, he could ony imprison him, and even that required extra power lent to him by Trish.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Kumori Okami

Okay, I voted for Kratos over Dante, and even I'm not above admitting that that's a load of crap.

Burning thought
See I give FC some leeway, treat him like a debator but he ignores my points and goes straight to saying- Dante is more powerful bla bla bla

hes never proven it.

A: The whole of DMC verse does not equel Zeus alone, hell prob not even Ares because Ares is not ONLY the size perhaps of the Savior, but hes not slow, almost every large enemy Dante faces moves like their size would make you assume, extremely slow, like Chrnos in GOW 1, that kind of slow. Zeus and the Gods can move incredibly quickly themselves, minor teleportation, instantly moving from one area to the next as well as flight.

They have so many powers that would crush Dante and Kratos with trickery defeated Zeus and beat Ares fair and square as a God VS God battle.

THe only thing Dante gains in this battle is speed advantage, he is by far quicker than anything in GOW (i think) BUT he has zero power in comparison, the only thing ever to even harm a God have been special weapons made by Gods, or items that equel god power (BoO, Pandoras box etc etc) wheras Mundus, and half the enemies Dante fights are puny in comparison to Kratos' enemies, Mundus is nothing but a flea to Ares.

God Kratos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>most powerful Dante>>>Normal Kratos

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Dante's hybrid status makes him more powerful than his father, who basically soloed everything in all the games. No offense, but most of Kratos's opponents don't strike me as being nearly as tenacious or as deadly as the shit Dante faced. erm

I do not give Kratos credit for killing Ares, since he used Pandora's box and later the blade of the gods. you may argue that Dante needed the Sparda blade to kill Mundus, but the blade was directly linked to his bloodline and true power. Effectively, the Sparda's true power is unleashed only when he attains his full strength.

Dante bullet-times alot, even attaining mach speed in DMC 3. Not to mention, he's vastly more skilled. And..........time stop. Not to mention his insane healing factor.

I can't comment on Kratos, the full god of war, but other than that, I don't see how Kratos wins. no

yes

ThoraxeRMG
Wow, you really benefited to the argument.

Kumori Okami
i meant in control speed by the player, overlook that, i didn't realize that wasn't an issue at hand, here... my bad...

First_Tsurugi06
What you must first learn is that we players don't mean two sh!ts beyond the buttons we press.

Charlotte DeBel
Well, as for speed. First, movement speed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmHdLB6f5A8
Running on Max speed so the air starts burning around him due to friction. That's the natural speed of young Dante (though falling affects the result a bit, but simple free falls don't happen on reentry speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1kETIVweo
Alastor sword grants Dante the ability of "lightning speed", increasing his already impressive fighting speed even more- note that during combo shards look suspended in the air even though no time manipulation is used.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-NI81wyPSA
Supersonic flight capabilities (demonstrated by Nero Angelo here, but Dante in his Sparda form can pretty much duplicate the same stunt)

Now, to combat teleportation part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ht40zJW4Wk
Speedblitzes and surprises the avatar of despair with it (note than in gameplay Despair Embodied is faster than even devil triggered Dante, yet finally Dante wins via sort of teleporting "speedblitz"wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBeoaFeCUSA
Sanctus' sword swing is too slow for Dante, so in time it takes him to move his sword, Dante teleports\instanteousluy moves to safety, and doesn't forget to strap Rebellion (he's standing on Rebellion blade while talking to Sanctus, as the closest to flight he can come in human form is double jumps (and recently also hovering on the metal wings of the Lucifer weapon).

Now, to those who still thinks Kratos has speed advantage- a bit of reaction speed feats.
Famous blocking bullets with his very own shots:
Vs Nero
http://www.wegame.com/watch/DMC4_Nero_vs_Dante_Bloody_Palace/
Vs Lady
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLqhh8pFSsE

Deflects bullets with his sword (he and Vergil look like they're playing some weird kind of tennis with swords and bullets)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XiwwJcb0q8

Riding the rocket from rocket launcher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQoUuzlCms

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.