Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

botankus
Okay, I decided to go Brit for one night and check out these stars who have been invisible to me...until now. I know they're popular and all in the U.K., but I had no idea what to expect.

I knew it was going to be Play-Doh type animation, it was British, and that Gromit didn't speak. That's about it. Turns out, it wasn't that bad and was entertaining relative to the product type. There's also a short before the movie called "The Christmas Caper," which is apparently featuring the characters from the film "Madagascar," which I didn't see.

Throw in a couple of subtle adult-style humor (like the "May Contain Nuts" sticker at the end) and it's not bad.

I'd like to hear from some Brits about their take of the characters and the film as well. Most movie adaptations usually don't measure up to regular fans. Me being clueless about it, I enjoyed it.

emmasmall
I'm not a Brit, but i've loved Wallace and Gromit for many years. I'd say The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is good fun, a solid addition to the Wallace and Gromit legacy, but not as perfect as the first three shorts.

shoe-freak
yeah, saying im in Yorkshire, i enjoyed the Wallace and Gromit films before, espicially the younger members in my family.

tabby999
i'm aussie but have loved Wallace and Gromit for ages, but am yet to catch the movie. in a bit of a side note, recently the museum holding all the W & G memorabelia (sets and other characters) burnt down. luckely, Wallace and Gromit were with the creator of the show at the time (in his breifcase) and survived

botankus
I Netflix-ed the DVD for the "3 incredible adventures" or whatever it's called. Do they have any more? If so, what are the titles?

tpaquin
I'm from the U.S. myself, and have grown up on Wallace and Gromit. I remembered clearly when it premiered on U.S. television(the three original shorts, that is). I thought that the feature-length version was outstanding.

tpaquin
EDIT: Ignore my double-posting

nick1811
just got back from 'the curse of the were-rabbit', thought it was good, the vicar was hilarious, but it annoyed me at how many 2 year olds were in the audience, laughing at the serious bits, but i guess thats to be expected at a film like that...

helloimyellow
i went to see it see it cinama to... it was good(not as good as the others though)... i thought i was in the wrong screen when the madagascar part came on lol.

In 'the wrong trousers' the penguin reallys scares me, r u sure its a kids animation? my favourite one is when they go to the moon to get cheese... after i watched it i was convinced the moon really was made from cheese stick out tongue but to be fair i was only about 5

helloimyellow
o and by the way the other 3 are....

1. A grand day out
2. the wrong trousers
3. A close shave

And there are loads more little ones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.