IPOD Video vs. Sony PSP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

longshanks
So, what does everyone like best. I'm still trying to decide between the two so help me make a decision.

crazy_shadow
dude psp, u can listen to music and watch videos!! for the same price!! ><

longshanks
Yeah, that's defenately a cool feature. Is it worth the price though?

Backspace
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
dude psp, u can listen to music and watch videos!! for the same price!! ><
yeah... u can do that with the new iPod.

longshanks
You can also listen to tunes while you play games.,

JKozzy
The 5th Generation iPod. Has more potential, for the price. PSP does not have a single game that would make me shell out the money for the fragile-as-hell portable.

El_NINO
iPOD is a better by because:

1) More HDD space
2) You can download music and video onto it
3) PSP cannot store more than around 3 Gb of music
4) There is no game on the PSP thats soley for PSP, they are all from PS2 revamped
5) iPOD can plug into any computer out there and is light years ahead of any other MP3 player

Lana
iPod by far.

Music's more important than video games to me, and it's not as fragile.

Tru_Slice
I say none.

Save your money for the future multi-vice thingys that are cell phones, mp3 players, cameras, game players, and radios all in one.

They have 1 or 2 out already, and you can buy them for the same price as an ipod or PSP.

Wait next year for the better and cheaper ones.

JKozzy
Rumor has it that next year, they'll release the "iPod Video." No, the 5th generation iPod is not the 'video iPod' as many call it. Nowhere does it call itself that, only an iPod with video capabilities. The iPod Video is said to boast a 7" widescreen LCD screen, and be a full-fledged movie and music player. The 5th Gen iPod is a neat distraction until that comes out in 2006. I'm going to be holding onto my $400 for now and get a PS3 or Nintendo Revolution, or just... save my money. *gasp*

longshanks
Well how much storage for music do you really need. i just like the fact that I can jam tunes, watch movies, or listen to tunes on it.

JKozzy
30-60 GB should suffice, until we get portable 5.1 at a cheaper price.

Next year's iPod Video isn't about storage, it's about functionality.

gandalftheblack
i wouldnt go for either tbh, iPod video doesnt excite me one little bit. dont thnk it will be very good at all.

im savin my pennies for a smartphone. get all the features of a ipod along with a phone. so easy to carry around. psp... well if i get a n91 i can play all my ngage games i believe. anyone knwo?

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by El_NINO
iPOD is a better by because:

1) More HDD space
2) You can download music and video onto it
3) PSP cannot store more than around 3 Gb of music
4) There is no game on the PSP thats soley for PSP, they are all from PS2 revamped
5) iPOD can plug into any computer out there and is light years ahead of any other MP3 player

I could tell you don't have a psp

1. you can get another memory card that varies how much space, one of them holds more space than my cpu but you just have to by it.

2. the psp usb cable attaches to ANY cpu so you could download movies when you buy more memory but you could take music from your cpu too.

3. Lumines,Liberty city (brand new game not a remake) and some others, with more to come.

4. Psp canput pictures on it, and use it as psp wall paper

5. You could upgrade your PSp so new features all the time just dload the upgrades

6. I pods are defective and alot got recalled so you trust future ones.

7. The PSP price is dropping near christmas and ther games are going to drop 20 dollars in price as well.

8. The psps comes iwth the movie player and it has a bigger screen plus shows clearer.

9. where you think every one wants videos now because of psp

10. You could browse the freaking internet on it

11. I hear and will have to try to download mario roms and some ds games without touch screen ccould be downloaded on the PSP. So yes, I play mario on the PSP.

Alpha Centauri
Well what do you want? To play video games in the street and watch videos in the street, or carry hundreds of albums with you in your pocket?

Portable games systems are bs. Who actually carries them around and plays them? I've never seen anyone doing this, ever.

-AC

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Well what do you want? To play video games in the street and watch videos in the street, or carry hundreds of albums with you in your pocket?

Portable games systems are bs. Who actually carries them around and plays them? I've never seen anyone doing this, ever.

-AC

I see lots of people playing when they have to wait for the next class.
Don't knock it unless you tried it.

Alpha Centauri
I have tried it. It's pointless, to me. I don't personally see anybody carrying around portable games systems and playing them outside of their house.

I see iPods all the time.

-AC

Lana
I've personally never seen anyone using handheld game systems between classes or anything, as so many people claim they do...though yeah, I see people using iPods all the time. I never go anywhere without mine. Both my brother and sister have a Gameboy Advance, and the only time either of them ever use them is when we're in the car for a long time.

powerfulone1987
At first I wasn't really into Ipods and had to intention of ever wanting one or getting one but now i want one, so i'll ask for one for christmas. I still don't know how to use it though or how to put music on it so I hope I catch on to that some way.
Should I get the new Ipod with the screen or should I get the original one?
Would the one with the screen be more fragile and how would you get videos on there. Would the video of the song you're playing just show up and would you be able to turn the screen off and just listen to music without video?

P.S. I honesly shouldn't have bought a PSP, I never used it and I still have a game for it I never played, the first game I bought for it and I still haven't played it. And the games I did play on it I didn't play a lot and didn't finish them and didn't look at the Spiderman movie that came with it. I really did give into the hype and wasted 200 dollars when my mom and grandparents were against me spending that much money anyway on it. It was the first time I spent that much money on a system because I couldn't wait til christmas and I dearly regret it.

is it comprehensible.....

Lana
Um, all iPods have a screen unless you get a shuffle (which are a waste of money, IMO).

Look up about it before you decide to get one, I think.

(they're very easy to use, btw)

powerfulone1987
No, i'm talking about the ones they're promoting on tv right now with the actual screen with the music video with color and everything like a small tv screen.

TwisterGameX
Well I guess the PSp is a flaming piece of...then

JKozzy
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
No, i'm talking about the ones they're promoting on tv right now with the actual screen with the music video with color and everything like a small tv screen.

is it comprehensible..... Yes, the 5th Generation iPod. There is no "iPod Video."

powerfulone1987
I didn't say ipod video.
I said the ipod with the screen on it playing music videos.

El_NINO
1. you can get another memory card that varies how much space, one of them holds more space than my cpu but you just have to by it.

Yea.... you can get a max of 2GB more space

2. the psp usb cable attaches to ANY cpu so you could download movies when you buy more memory but you could take music from your cpu too.

LMAO... do you live under a rock or something. iPOD does the same.

3. Lumines,Liberty city (brand new game not a remake) and some others, with more to come.

I agree that those are original but guess what, PSP is meant for games.

Like I said, have you been living under a rock, iPOD can do the same.

5. You could upgrade your PSp so new features all the time just dload the upgrades

software isnt upgrading its updating and iPOD and PSP arent the only ones that do this.

Is this a fact or your personal belief because I yet to see someone return an iPOD a Best Buy. I can see when the first iPODs were sold yes there were some defects but thats all fixed now. Since its also hardware, then you may get an iPOD that doesnt work out of the box ocassionally because of maybe shipping or whatnot. Some things will sometimes never work out of the box.

7. The PSP price is dropping near christmas and ther games are going to drop 20 dollars in price as well.

Depends where you live.

8. The psps comes iwth the movie player and it has a bigger screen plus shows clearer.

Thats true bust guess what, iPOD can now do the same.

9. where you think every one wants videos now because of psp.

I have no idea of what was meant by what you posted......????

Ill give you that but to me thats a gay idea. If you have internet at home then use it at home, if you have a laptop with wireless then use your laptop with wireless. Its like the Palm Pilot or the pocket PC, everyone who has them dont use the internet they use them for taking notes.

11. I hear and will have to try to download mario roms and some ds games without touch screen ccould be downloaded on the PSP. So yes, I play mario on the PSP.

Show me the site where you can download them onto your PSP and ill believe you.

JKozzy
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I didn't say ipod video.
I said the ipod with the screen on it playing music videos.

is it comprehensible..... I never said you did blink
I was just mentioning that, since the thread is labeled improperly.

Is it comprehendable to you?

JKozzy

software isnt upgrading its updating and iPOD and PSP arent the only ones that do this.

Is this a fact or your personal belief because I yet to see someone return an iPOD a Best Buy. I can see when the first iPODs were sold yes there were some defects but thats all fixed now. Since its also hardware, then you may get an iPOD that doesnt work out of the box ocassionally because of maybe shipping or whatnot. Some things will sometimes never work out of the box.

Depends where you live.

Ill give you that but to me thats a gay idea. If you have internet at home then use it at home, if you have a laptop with wireless then use your laptop with wireless. Its like the Palm Pilot or the pocket PC, everyone who has them dont use the internet they use them for taking notes.

Show me the site where you can download them onto your PSP and ill believe you. Agreed, 100%. And again, WHERE in God's name do you get the impression that the PSP is dropping in price? It isn't. They barely make a profit from it. Just because it's $100 more than DS doesn't mean they "make more money" from it... the PSP costs way more to actually make than the DS, since it's jacked up that high. You don't think they wouldn't pricematch the DS if they could? There they'd profit even more. Many people who bought a DS just might get a PSP instead had they been the same price, but that's not the case. The drop in Hong Kong was probably due to lack of sales, if anything, which the US has no problem with. If, IF, Sony ever does drop its price, that will be quite a risky move, and they'll more than likely be either losing money from each sale, and fully dependant on game and accessory sales, ormaking only a few dollars on each system. Not that complicated. And if they did drop the price of the SPP, which they won't, they wouldn't drop the prices of games.

TwisterGameX

Depends where you live.

Show me the site where you can download them onto your PSP and ill believe you.

Omg I didn't read all that. I read like half so far and I hage to say you been under that rock becxause some one said Ipod could do half thsoe stuff anbd acted like the PSP couldn't so I listed it could....understand now ?

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by JKozzy
Agreed, 100%. And again, WHERE in God's name do you get the impression that the PSP is dropping in price? It isn't. They barely make a profit from it. Just because it's $100 more than DS doesn't mean they "make more money" from it... the PSP costs way more to actually make than the DS, since it's jacked up that high. You don't think they wouldn't pricematch the DS if they could? There they'd profit even more. Many people who bought a DS just might get a PSP instead had they been the same price, but that's not the case. The drop in Hong Kong was probably due to lack of sales, if anything, which the US has no problem with. If, IF, Sony ever does drop its price, that will be quite a risky move, and they'll more than likely be either losing money from each sale, and fully dependant on game and accessory sales, ormaking only a few dollars on each system. Not that complicated. And if they did drop the price of the SPP, which they won't, they wouldn't drop the prices of games.

THEY ANNOUNCED IT, also look at the sales..they are not doing as bad as you think buddy no expression

JKozzy
I never said sales here were doing poorly. And you say they announced it, yet you fail to provide a link or any other shred of proof. And I'm not your buddy. no expression

TwisterGameX
Show me proof that the sales are bad or half the other crap you said no expression

ESB- 1138
The !Pod is better then the PSP. It lasts longer then a hour and forty minutes to begin with.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by ESB- 1138
The !Pod is better then the PSP. It lasts longer then a hour and forty minutes to begin with.

Uh the psp last way longer than and hour and40 minutes if you are only using music no expression

powerfulone1987
Can't we all just get along and love one another and agree to disagree?

I have a PSP and I am going to get an IPod. See that compromise? Yeah, I don't either but hey.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.