Episode III DVD Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Ok, this thread here for all general disucssion resulting from the new Episode III DVD.

Which I just got. And my first comment is... the music loop on the bonus DVD is too short. Ah well...

(gets watching)

Adamwankenobi
Comment #1: It will rock!

Da preacher
Comment # 2 : The easter egg sucks

Adamwankenobi
Comment #3: Da preacher is correct. I concur.

jediprson
it does dosnt it

jon84
Comment # 4: The DVD will have excellent picture & sound.

Ushgarak
"Supply problems and union disputes"- GL's joking excuse as to why the first Death Star took so long to build...

Prince Nauj
Its not fair, you already have it sad

Ushgarak
Heh, well, don't blame me! All I did was order it from my normal suppliers and I got it this morning.

Jedi Priestess
I await your review. yes

DrDoom101
my aunt says shes gonna buy it for me but its gonna count as a Christmas gift.

Boris
I want!

Sesse
"Supply problems and union disputes"

Lol. As if lord Vader couldn't settle a dispute. But then again, what was there left to fight against? Not much, so why hurry...

Jedi Priestess
I think it was a joke.......

The Ones
comment #: I was coming back from ireland and what caught my eye in the duty free shops? Why the episode III dvd of course. I strolled over thinking it was the cover for preordering but it was the real deal. 2-3 days before its out in the UK (October 31st-Nov 1st) i quickly took out my cash and payed for it. when watching the extras they were in full screen (well, 1/2 of within a minute was). I was terrified to make sure i didnt get the wrong, unwatchable version i quickly switched disks and it was widescreen. i was relieved. theres no version title at the top of the dvd on my one but its widescreen, its the 7th addition to my Star Wars DVD collection and i got it earlier (unless im mistaken)

Ushgarak
Indeed it was a joke from him. Point is, GL acknowledges that it was weird that the first Death Star takes so long to build, so he was basically saying to make up any excuse you like. It's one of those 'style over logic' things from films.

The Ones
i wasnt joking

Lord J
i cant wait eek!

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by The Ones
i wasnt joking

he wasnt talking to you

Adamwankenobi
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I await your review. yes

Here is a link to a good review of it over at OT.com (scrolldown a little on the page):

http://www.originaltrilogy.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=2787&STARTPAGE=8

*Natalie~Luver*
I'm surprised you go there. You are permantly banned

Adamwankenobi
**** off kev. I check the updates everyday. And besides, Jay said he'd let me back soon.

darthvader_fan
hey be nice to the poor fella

after all his avatar is a pic of a bounty hunter

Adamwankenobi
Yes, yes, to darthvader_fan you listen! And kev, **** off.

Lana
No bashing....

OMG, JP's sig is squirrels with lightsabers eek! laughing

Anyway....I wish it were Tuesday so I'd have the damn DVD miffed

(pokes Ush repeatedly)

Adamwankenobi
I concur.

Ast
I forgot about the limited DVD crap, I tried to score a copy from the video store I used to work at(couldnt though), they only got 39 copies, they got 120 when AOTC came out.

~Forever Lost~
I wasn't going to buy the DVD (wanted to wait for the boxset), but get it some other way. But then I wouldn't have the extras. Since the box isn't released till 2007, I would have to wait that long for them.

You think I should buy the DVD?

Adamwankenobi
(voice of Palps) DO IT!!

Yes, you should definately buy the DVD. It'll be worth it.

~Forever Lost~
I might just do that. smile

Adamwankenobi
Cool.

Neo_Version 7
I just rented it from my video store and am now in the process of decrypting it right now. big grin

Ushgarak
Try and keep things relevant and civil thankyou, folks.

Adamwankenobi
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I just rented it from my video store and am now in the process of decrypting it right now. big grin

Cool.

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Try and keep things relevant and civil thankyou, folks.

My bad, dawg. big grin

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by Adamwankenobi
Cool.

Indeed.

jon84
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7

shifty

You should buy the official DVD.

Adamwankenobi
homer

Neo_Version 7
I would but I already have the original AOTC DVD.

besides, when I grow up, I'm going to get the original DEFINITIVE EDITION with all the films. eek!

steverules
I can't wait to be getting it tomorrow on DVD. I was really pissed of when i went to see it I had a load of kid's behind me saying thing's like:"Yeah go yoda","WOW","Whoa","OOOOOHHH", "HA HA That's funny". By the end of the movie I was really annoyed cause I couldn't hear some of it. When I get the DVD I just hope I don't get any interruptions, I can guarantee that I will be interrupted at least once, I can't watch 1 movie without being interrupted.

Adamwankenobi
I concur.

steverules
That's the problem with going to see a 12A, you know there will be kid's there, I mean it would have been nice if I could see a fight scene where I don't have kid's metioning how cool it is, you know when Yoda chop's the heads of those two clone guards, well so do I cause I get "Wow, yeah go Yoda, that was amazing", and when yoda uses the force to knock out those two guards by bashing them into each other, yes people chuckled and I get, "HA HA HA HA That was funny", really I hadn't really noticed. Sorry you guy's, it's just I was unfortunate to have them right behind me. I wish the movie had been a 15, then I would have known what the hell was going on. sad

jediprson
This DVD is going to be one of the best sellers of all time.
But it stinks for some people who dont have a DVD player

Luckely I do

steverules
Yeah so do I, but are they not bringing it out on video or do u mean it's unlucky cause people who don't have a DVD player won't be able to watch the extra's?

jediprson
Its not coming out on VHS thats why

steverules
Can't wait to get tomorrow, finally I can watch it without the annoying kid's in the background who ruined the whole film for me.

jediprson
lol

steverules
So did you get to enjoy the movie or did you have kid's ruining the movie for you?

jediprson
It was quiet it the theater

steverules
You lucky.........blowup

jediprson
yeah

steverules
So what are the extra's (apart from deleted scenes and never before seen footage)?

jediprson
All I know is: Within A Minute, The Chosen One, "Its All For Real", Trailers And TV Spots, Deleted Scenes, X-Box Battlefront 2 Demo, the Theatrical Posters, Exclusive Production Photos, and most likely the Bloopers

steverules
Amazing just doesn't describe how good it is.

jediprson
Originally posted by steverules
Amazing just doesn't describe how good it is.

then what does?

steverules
I don't really know, do you?

jediprson
no

steverules
Don't really say much do you.

jediprson
Don't really say much do you.

not really

steverules
So what did you think of episode 3?

jediprson
IT RULZ

steverules
Yeah I would say the same for the parts that I could actually hear................. I hate those damn kids.

jediprson
lol

steverules
So when are you getting it? Are they making two diiferant cpoies of the DVD, like one has the posters and one doesn't or do all the DVD's have the posters?

jediprson
I have the movie. but not all the extras. so i will get it on november 1st

steverules
What does the special edition DVD come out on that date?

Ushgarak
Seems to be a private convo going on in here. Keep such things in PRIVATE, folks. You've been warned.

Boris
So it's out tomorrow then, eh? Good good.....

amity75
I'm tempted to nip down to my local 24hr Asda right now to buy it but I'll wait till the morning. I'm faking a dental appointment to get off work so I can watch it.

Boris
That's an idea right there, wonder would 24 hour Tesco have it in.....

El_NINO
You are all gonna be jealous when I say this

I WORK AT BEST BUY HERE IN CANADA AND IM GOING TO GET THE DVD WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by El_NINO
You are all gonna be jealous when I say this

I WORK AT BEST BUY HERE IN CANADA AND IM GOING TO GET THE DVD WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Yeah, Best Buy and Futureshop have the best deal that I've seen in Canada so far - $19.99. I pre-ordered from Futureshop already.

El_NINO
this is a little off topic but i think best buy and future shop are the same company

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by El_NINO
this is a little off topic but i think best buy and future shop are the same company

They're two separate retailers. And yes, you're correct in saying that Best Buy and Futureshop are owned by the same company.

Stun
im just 4 hours away from purchasing the DVDHappy Dance im also gonna get my hands on the cutout promoting the DVD at my local supermarket, which is gonna be pretty cool yet i dont know where im gonna put the dam thing - considering the size of the cutoutstick out tongue i would of been getting Battlefront II today, but its gonna really cut into my wagessadlol

JediLikeToDance
Originally posted by Stun
im just 4 hours away from purchasing the DVDHappy Dance im also gonna get my hands on the cutout promoting the DVD at my local supermarket, which is gonna be pretty cool yet i dont know where im gonna put the dam thing - considering the size of the cutoutstick out tongue i would of been getting Battlefront II today, but its gonna really cut into my wagessadlol

Just wondering, but why does everyone here say that they're going to buy the DVD today? Tomorrow's the official release date...

I know the stores have it, and HAVE had it in stock for over a week now, but they can't legally put it out for in-store purchase until Tuesday...correct?

steverules
I'M GETTING THE DVD TODAYjumpjumpjump big grin big grin big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance JumpyJumpy

Lord J
me too

Adamwankenobi
me three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El_NINO
Unless you live in parts of the world that are already selling the DVD then you yes you can buy it now, otherwise some people might have hook ups with people they know or can get on their own.

steverules
I HAVE STAR WARS EPISODE 3 ON DVD!!!!! And it's kid interruption free and that makes very happy!

Lord J
i have it too eek!

Dan Skywalker
I live in the UK so the DVD came out 2day, and the DVD is amazin, as is BF2 which i also bought 2day big grin

steverules
Originally posted by Lord J
i have it too eek!

Coolness!!!!! eek!

MochaChica
I have mine too!!!! I just got it from the mail room!!! Yay!

Darth_Vader05
One more day to wait until the official release i cant wait. Im getting mine tommarow at 7am at WalMart because of the extra bonus DVD that there giving. I might even get to miss school and stat home and watch all 6 Star Wars films i am going to enjoy it no matter how bad you people bash the DVD.

MochaChica
Hey, I ordered mine from Walmart.com...nice to hear I'm not the only one who thinks it worth it to get the bonus disc.

Adamwankenobi
I'm picking mine up at midnight from Wal Mart with the bonus disc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JediStang
I'm with you MochaChica, I got it in the US today (Oct 31st) A DAY EARlY!!!

MochaChica
:-D Yep, me too!

The New History
I'd like to get it tomorrow, but since I'm broke I don't think that's gonna happen, maybe Christmas. erm

steverules
Unlucky, I got it yesterday and I am watching all movies in order to celebrate. rock
Although when I was watching episode 2 last night I was thinking to myself that if anakin's mother had never died would he have turned to the darkside? I think when his mother died that was a big step towards the dark side for him.

Eleonora
I have to wait 'til Friday.

jon84
Originally posted by Eleonora
I have to wait 'til Friday.

You're lucky, i've got to wait till next friday... embarrasment

darthvader_fan
IT CAME OUT TODAY HERE

IM SO HAPPY rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

steverules
I feel sorry for the people who can't get it yet. It's amazing with all the special features and the deleted scenes and just seeing it again brought back all htose happy memories.........I'm sorry what were we talking about?

Scarecrow756
I have to wait till this Saturday, to get my copy and all my Star Wars friends at school are boasting they have already got it.

steverules
I hate it when that happens.

jediprson
who will post the Bonus Features

steverules
I thought you already did that on one of these pages.confused

The New History
Originally posted by jediprson
who will post the Bonus Features in words or in like a ripped and uploaded form?

steverules
I know what they are but it would take a while to write them up onto here.

jediprson
ripped and uploaded

steverules
If someone has a scanner they could try and post them on then.

The New History
ripped and uploaded go and buy it, don't ask for it illegally.

steverules
LOL. I can imagine seeing jediprson on the new's tomorrow getting arrested for having illegally downloaded movies of the internet

Nactous
Ijust got the DVD last night, havent watched it yet.

jediprson
LOL. I can imagine seeing jediprson on the new's tomorrow getting arrested for having illegally downloaded movies of the internet

shh...i downloaded ROTS saturday

The New History
LOL. I can imagine seeing jediprson on the new's tomorrow getting arrested for having illegally downloaded movies of the internet lol (you know were just messing with ya jediprson, though still you should go out and buy it and not ask for it illegally). wink

Hm, maybe I should go with the old, ask the parents to buy it for you, thing lol. Though no need to get it today, I don't have time to watch it or anything.

jediprson
Originally posted by The New History
lol (you know were just messing with ya jediprson, though still you should go out and buy it and not ask for it illegally). wink

Hm, maybe I should go with the old, ask the parents to buy it for you, thing lol. Though no need to get it today, I don't have time to watch it or anything.

I HAVE TO GET IT TODAY AND THEN I WILL RIP IT TOMMOROW

Sir J
how do i rip the movie

jediprson
DVD Shrink

americanidiot07
ten bucks ill get it before you

Sir J
i have that

oh just pm eachother wink

jediprson
Originally posted by americanidiot07
ten bucks ill get it before you

loser. i already have the movie

Sir J
ten bucks ill get it before you i got it yesterday so HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sir J
loser. i already have the movie lol

americanidiot07
then where is it and whos the loser i bought it already ha ha loser you suck i win

jediprson
then where is it and whos the loser i bought it already ha ha loser you suck i win

w/e

americanidiot07
you cant think of anything to say you suck ha hac vfsd hgytf

Sir J
im in england it came out yesterday so HAAAAAAAAA

Sir J
then where is it In my room no expression

ShadowKing
Got it! With Bonus DVD!jump

Padmé Skywalker
watching it right now, looks great, the quality I mean

steverules
Originally posted by Sir J
im in england it came out yesterday so HAAAAAAAAA

I got it yesterday to and watched it today!!!!!Coolness!

Prince Nauj
Oh snap

steverules
What?

Prince Nauj
nothing

steverules
Then why say "Oh snap"?

Prince Nauj
Oh Snap

steverules
confused

Prince Nauj
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
I've already given a warning about not wasting time in here. Keep it to topic, please.

DeVi| D0do
FYI, in case people haven't figured/found it out yet, the DVD version actually IS slightly different to the theatrical version... instead of a wipe from Obi Wan and 3PO in the cockpit to a burned Anakin there is a hard cut.

steverules
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud LOL

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
FYI, in case people haven't figured/found it out yet, the DVD version actually IS slightly different to the theatrical version... instead of a wipe from Obi Wan and 3PO in the cockpit to a burned Anakin there is a hard cut.
whatttt?

steverules
HA HA now look who's confused.

chinabing
As long as it was a star wipe.

Prince Nauj
HA HA now look who's confused.
shut it batman

steverules
HA HA. How did you find out about my secret identity?

Boris
I still haven't got it yet.... ahhhhhh!

DrDoom101
Wait, about the deleted scenes. i thought anakin killed shaak ti, why did it show GG slew her?

tlbauerle
After they cut this version, they shot another death for Shaak Ti in the temple by Anakin's hand.

Sir Mist
From sw.com database:

"Although her earlier death at Grievous' hands was completed and included on the DVD as a deleted scene, it should not be considered the canon version of her fate. This is because she is still visible later on in the movie as part of the Kashyyyk hologram. The deleted scene on the DVD, "General Grievous Slaughters a Jedi," should instead be considered an interesting look at what might have been."

Darth_Decimator
i thought the special features were bloody rubbish sad not happy mr lucas, a very poor effort

Adamwankenobi
I did like, however, the chosen one featurette.

Hayden'sgurl
i am so mad. we couldn't ever go get the dvd yesterday and i don't think we can get it today blowup

Prince Nauj
I have a question for everyone, where can I see the millennium falcon? I know people have mentioned it before but I cant find it anywhere messed

darthvader_fan
isnt it right at the senate buldg. when they go to see the chancellor's new order

Prince Nauj
I have no clue, Ive been looking everywhere its like ahhhhhhhhhhh

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>