Revenge of the Sith Score and emotional effect of SW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pentagram
Ok, today, a few days before i by Revenge of the Sith, i went out and bought the ROTS soundtrack...and by God...that music....it brings back so many memories. "Anakin's Betrayal" (the same music as where Anakin is burning, slightly different), had me close to tears - does anyone else get this affected by star wars, especially episode III?
When i think about the timeline as a whole, it's just so damn tragic, and i don't understand how people can knock it for the quality of some of the acting and films, because when you put the story together, it really gets to you. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but tell me - there must be others out there who are affected the same as me. Then again, i'm sure there are others who are like "it's just a story" but your opinions will be appreciated as well.

Pent

Cheesiness

laughing

Da preacher
You're right from some point..........
But u cried cuz u heard da music? laughing

I cried once with star wars, when I was seven seein' Darth vader die.

But jeez how old are u?

Adamwankenobi
Um, it is perfectly fine for anyone of any age to cry from the brilliant music John Williams wrote. That's what, say, Battle of the Heores is SUPPOSED to do, which is make you feel sad. JW takes sadness due to his music as a compliment.

Prince Nauj
battle of the heros, anakin vs obi wan and track 9 called padames something are my favorites oh yeah track six to

Eleonora
Originally posted by Da preacher
You're right from some point..........
But u cried cuz u heard da music? laughing

I cried once with star wars, when I was seven seein' Darth vader die.

But jeez how old are u?

You and your friend are big time losers sick

Pentagram
Originally posted by Eleonora

Ah well, suppose it's better than having no friends, and just being a loser on your own, like yourself.

No, i didn't cry during revenge of the sith. I said i was close to tears - as in sadness - the music evokes sadness and the film in itself was incredibly tragic. The film in itself balances between happiness, sadness and action, but when you're listening to music that simply highlights the sadness and most horrific parts of the movie (Battle of heroes, Immolation scene), you're going to only be thinking about the sadder times of the film. I'd say that if you can be touched by art forms such as music and storytelling you've got quite a developed mind and are able to appreciate things to a degree outside the social norm, instead of being a jaded, afraid of showing feeling moron like some of the people on here.

Pent

Sesse
The best music-action combination is the moment, when Anakin jumps after Obi1 and smacks him. Then they grapple and lava spurts dramatically on the background.

Now there is a great moment. And most of it comes from the music!

Pentagram
Originally posted by Sesse
The best music-action combination is the moment, when Anakin jumps after Obi1 and smacks him. Then they grapple and lava spurts dramatically on the background.

Now there is a great moment. And most of it comes from the music!

I have to agree with it wholeheartedly. It's just the way that Anakin stands there, raises his sabre, and then just smashes into obi wan in that mighty clash as the lava explodes up, and you're right - as the music builds up and then theres the huge crescendo as they clash...well, that's probably my favourite part in the movie.

Pent

Jedi Priestess
Much as I liked this I liked Anakins betrayal better. Way more moving.

Pentagram
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Much as I liked this I liked Anakins betrayal better. Way more moving.

Yeah, that was probably the most moving part, but i still think the anakin obi-wan clash was the best part. Although as for a whole kinda section thingy, when the jedi are being killed was my favourite...the music in that was fantastic.

Pent

Da preacher
The one place i'd cry would be the 'I love u, NO i love u, NO i love u' scene.

Just terrible.

And i gotta admit the scene before the duel was highly emotional.............but cry? NO

and Eleanora u'll take that back..........

Stefan Kojic
The most tragic scene in the movieembarrasmentrder 66
most emotional music son:Anakin's betrayal

Stefan Kojic
my mistake: order 66 and best SONG: anakins betrayal

Da preacher
Best song's gotta be da one during order 66

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Uhmmm........very well said Pentagram! confused

bobcrickett
Originally posted by Eleonora

Hurray for that being completely uncalled for.

I think the music that John Williams wrote for ROTS is excellent, though the OT score was far better. yes

Bicnarok

JaehSkywalker
it's a really emotional movie, and since i'm watching it right now, i'm drowning in tears.... :'(

JaehSkywalker
but during the movie i cried because my dad didn't buy
me any popcorn.....

lol...

Lmao...

Eleonora
Originally posted by Pentagram
Ah well, suppose it's better than having no friends, and just being a loser on your own, like yourself.

No, i didn't cry during revenge of the sith. I said i was close to tears - as in sadness - the music evokes sadness and the film in itself was incredibly tragic. The film in itself balances between happiness, sadness and action, but when you're listening to music that simply highlights the sadness and most horrific parts of the movie (Battle of heroes, Immolation scene), you're going to only be thinking about the sadder times of the film. I'd say that if you can be touched by art forms such as music and storytelling you've got quite a developed mind and are able to appreciate things to a degree outside the social norm, instead of being a jaded, afraid of showing feeling moron like some of the people on here.

Pent

What is wrong with you, I was referring to Da preacher and Cheesiness, I was actually SUPPORTING YOU confused confused confused
The person who actually posted above Da preacher was Cheesiness. Am I wrong? EDIT No I'm not, I've checked.

starwarsrules14
"The Clone Wars have always been, in and of themeselves, from their very inception, the renenge of the Sith" "Clones open fire, and Jedi die. Alla cross the galaxy. All at once. Jedi die"-Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover. I take my hat off to you Mr. Stover.
Of course I cried when the music for Order 66 started playing. An excellent score by John Williams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.