was revan a bay or a girl?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mace=badass
they made it so you could be either gender but what was.... it?...\
or was it........ nevermind

mace=badass
oops *BOY haha

overlord
Everyone knows he is a he.
Except for some strange people with silly wishfull thinking.

Sesse
The bay of Revan is large indeed.

He was Revan of course.

Fishy
Do a search next time there are millions of threads like this... and we don't know what gender it was...

Pentagram
i think its been mentioned officially that he was male and that he was lightside at the end.

Fishy
And I think thats bullshit. Apparantly Lucas Arts said the light side ending was the official one, BioWare has however said that the DarkSide ending is the real ending. So what is it?

There has been no real official statement on this by all party's and until I see such a thing I will consider Revan an it.

Darth Takáta
as ive said a million times, bastilla was keiron halcyons mum. so revan is his DAD meaning HE is MALE, unless u want to tell me bastilla is a male?

Fishy
What the hell are you talking about? Stop drinking and grab a snickers.

Darth Takáta
what do u mean?

Fishy
Exactly what I said... what the hell are you talking about?

Bespin Bart
Been done before.

Darth Takáta
im saying that "bastilla was keiron halcyons mum. so revan is his DAD meaning HE is MALE, unless u want to tell me bastilla is a male?"

Fishy
You clearly are drunk.. How the hell is Bastila anybody's mother? And why would it be Revan's child? Carth and Canderous were also man on the cruise.. And if you want to get sick Zaalbar probably was too.

Borbarad

Pentagram
Originally posted by Fishy
And I think thats bullshit. Apparantly Lucas Arts said the light side ending was the official one, BioWare has however said that the DarkSide ending is the real ending. So what is it?

There has been no real official statement on this by all party's and until I see such a thing I will consider Revan an it.

Check the Star Wars databank, Star Forge, behind the scenes -

"Star Wars continuity maintains that one way or another, the Star Forge was destroyed"

Therefore star forge destroyed - I'd assume lightside ending.
Note that i said "I think" - meaning "I could be wrong" - i was not saying it was definite, and i was not attacking your views on whether you think the lightside or darkside ending is canon.
Maybe next time you answer a post you could be a bit more civil, rather than trying to raise your obviously wallowing self-esteem by insulting someone you don't even know over a forum that in the grand scheme of things, means very little. Just keep that in mind.

You clearly are drunk.. How the hell is Bastila anybody's mother? And why would it be Revan's child? Carth and Canderous were also man on the cruise.. And if you want to get sick Zaalbar probably was too

Wow....you really need to calm down - and brush up on your biology - you see Bastila is female...and she can carry children...and she is that child's mother...see, nice and simple for you so you can understand.
Besides, it's only a game.

Pent

Pentagram
Originally posted by Borbarad
Bastilla being Halcyons mum ? She must have been really old when producing that child, considering the fact that Halcyon was Corran Horns grandfather (so Bastilla lived for more than 3,000 years ?).

Kieran Halcyon was not Corran's grandfather, he was one of the greatest Corellian Jedi - Corran comes from the Halcyon line of knights, but his grandfather was Nejaa Halcyon, a descendant of Keiran Halcyon. Nejaa died in the Clone Wars but his son Valin survived, and was kept hidden to protect him from the Empire. Nejaa's widow married a friend of the family, Rostek Horn, and renamed their son Hal Horn to protect the infant's identity - therefore Corran's surname was Horn, as this was Corrans father. So it's highly possible Kieran could have been Bastila's son.

Pent

Fishy
Originally posted by Pentagram
Check the Star Wars databank, Star Forge, behind the scenes -

"Star Wars continuity maintains that one way or another, the Star Forge was destroyed"

Therefore star forge destroyed - I'd assume lightside ending.
Note that i said "I think" - meaning "I could be wrong" - i was not saying it was definite, and i was not attacking your views on whether you think the lightside or darkside ending is canon.
Maybe next time you answer a post you could be a bit more civil, rather than trying to raise your obviously wallowing self-esteem by insulting someone you don't even know over a forum that in the grand scheme of things, means very little. Just keep that in mind.

Pent

insulting?? You aren't used to much are you? Your post was bullshit, it still is actually. That one little thing doesn't change anything.

Pentagram
insulting?? You aren't used to much are you? Your post was bullshit, it still is actually. That one little thing doesn't change anything.

Er...you said i was bullshitting...i find that insulting - mind you, i can see why you wouldn't find it insulting...I suppose you've kinda reached the bottom of the barrel now, been insulted so much that you can't find anything offensive now, and all that.

Actually, that one little thing does change alot - the star forge was destroyed, canon. Darkside Revan wouldnt destroy the star forge - he wanted for himself, so wouldn't destroy it would he?

Pent

Fishy
Er...you said i was bullshitting...i find that insulting - mind you, i can see why you wouldn't find it insulting...I suppose you've kinda reached the bottom of the barrel now, been insulted so much that you can't find anything offensive now, and all that.

Actually, that one little thing does change alot - the star forge was destroyed, canon. Darkside Revan wouldnt destroy the star forge - he wanted for himself, so wouldn't destroy it would he?

Pent

Haha

God this is phatethic... Try not to complain about insulting and then in the same post insulting somebody okay? Its not really doing you any good.

On that... No it doesn't mean shit.

For all we know the Star Forge was destroyed long after Revan his dead. For all we know Revan destroyed it after conquering the republic because he feared that his empire would suffer the same thing that the Rakatan empire suffered under. So really it means shit. Hanibal walked over the alps and Rome was destroyed. Does that mean he and his forces destroyed Rome? No they never even saw it.

mace=badass
how did revan die?

Pentagram
That's one thing that hasn't been confirmed - Most likely future kotor games will reveal it.

And fishy, if you think it's so pathetic, maybe you shouldn't start it by insulting my post - don't get so up tight about it - ITS NOT REAL. Just because i say something that's wrong doesn't mean i'm suddenly personally insulting you.

Pent

mace=badass
ok cool
hopefully they will make future KotORs

Fishy
That's one thing that hasn't been confirmed - Most likely future kotor games will reveal it.

And fishy, if you think it's so pathetic, maybe you shouldn't start it by insulting my post - don't get so up tight about it - ITS NOT REAL. Just because i say something that's wrong doesn't mean i'm suddenly personally insulting you.

Pent

You are hilarious... You are the one that said I was insulting you which I was not... Now stop trying to turn this all around drop the subject and get back on topic.

Pentagram
Oh, really, who gives a ****. The guy asked a question, and i gave an answer. Unfortunately, the answer was wrong, but you chose to insult me. What does it matter? It's NOT REAL! Why should you go insulting it, i've hardly made a life threatening error. Just get over yourself and end it.

Pent

Fishy
Oh, really, who gives a ****. The guy asked a question, and i gave an answer. Unfortunately, the answer was wrong, but you chose to insult me. What does it matter? It's NOT REAL! Why should you go insulting it, i've hardly made a life threatening error. Just get over yourself and end it.

Pent

and thats the hilarious part cause I didn't insult you stick out tongue No need to get angry over it

Sesse
Or if the KOTOR2 was for the lightside ending, then we are likely to have a new tittle soon.

KOTSE: Knights of the Sith Empire. Story for the darkside ending.

Fishy
Originally posted by Sesse
Or if the KOTOR2 was for the lightside ending, then we are likely to have a new tittle soon.

KOTSE: Knights of the Sith Empire. Story for the darkside ending.

Nah as long as the republic still stands everything is fine.

Tengu Man
hmmmmm, well i would assume he is a guy, for all intents and purposes that seems to be the template evryone revovles around, but, it could be either or.

......and since you guys cant stop this arguement, lets just stop fighting right now and get back on topic and pretend it never happend, no need for fishy to apologize, no need for this pointless bickering, about insulting, pentagram its obivious you havent been a memeber very long, because getting insulted for a post happens all the time, literally all the time, so by KMC standards he didnt insult you. but lets just drop this ok big grin

Master Muno
"Although the branching nature of KOTOR's storyline allows for an ending in which the dark side triumphs and the Star Forge remains intact, Star Wars continuity maintains that one way or another, the Star Forge was destroyed."

Directly from the Databank on Starwars.com.

Darth Takáta
halcyon kills revan not knowing he was his father. and just becos we know something that u dont fishy dont just dismiss it

Fishy
Originally posted by Master Muno
"Although the branching nature of KOTOR's storyline allows for an ending in which the dark side triumphs and the Star Forge remains intact, Star Wars continuity maintains that one way or another, the Star Forge was destroyed."

Directly from the Databank on Starwars.com.

Your point being what?

You do know that in Kotor II its suggested that Revan only used the Star Forge as a temporary tool. With the destruction it would bring after his death it seems very likely that Revan would destroy the Star Forge as soon as he wouldn't need it anymore.

Not to mention that what if he did build his empire, it would fall eventually. and there are probably a few thousand years in which the Star Forge could be destroyed...

Master Muno
There is no doubt that Revan was lightside during KOTOR. Why would the Jedi brainwash him into being the same, or why wouldn't they change his alignment? Think about it, would Revan help the Jedi if he was still dark side? Hell no! So why would the Star Forge be intact after he defeated Malak on the Star Forge. The Republic destroys it just after the Ebon Hawk leaves.

Fishy
Originally posted by Master Muno
There is no doubt that Revan was lightside during KOTOR. Why would the Jedi brainwash him into being the same, or why wouldn't they change his alignment? Think about it, would Revan help the Jedi if he was still dark side? Hell no! So why would the Star Forge be intact after he defeated Malak on the Star Forge. The Republic destroys it just after the Ebon Hawk leaves.

The Jedi can not change what side of the force somebody is on... No matter how much they would like too. if they could no Jedi would have ever turned to the Dark Side... So it was all Revan his choice, and seeing as Revan choose the Dark Side the first time its seems natural that he would choose it again the second time especially if you find out the reasons why he turned the first time.

Master Muno
Whatever, we are both off topic anyways. My opinion is that Revan was male. It's more male like to rebel against something and use aggresive behavior to win wars.

Tengu Man
The Jedi can not change what side of the force somebody is on... No matter how much they would like too. if they could no Jedi would have ever turned to the Dark Side... So it was all Revan his choice, and seeing as Revan choose the Dark Side the first time its seems natural that he would choose it again the second time especially if you find out the reasons why he turned the first time. good point, i like how you worded that too big grin

jollyjim311
If it is made in KOTOR 3 do you think that your character would get to choose to stand behind Revan or the Exile in a war or something, where one is LS and one is DS (determined by a conversation early on in the game)? If you were good you would stand behind the good one, he would get killed by the Leader of the opposite force, and you lead your forces to victory and defeat the evil Sith Lord (Revan or the Exile) and if you are evil you take out the enemy forces, betray the Sith Lord woh you were working under, and take over his forces along with the galaxy. I came up with this as I was typing and now it seems kind of stupid, but I'll post it anyway... because thats how I roll.

On Topic: Revan was a he-man, I would like to belive

Veneficus
God this thread has been done like a millon times...and anyway it makes more sense to me for him to be male.

Fooly
Canonically Revan is male...and canonically he chose the lightside.

Darth Koroni
Guh. Revan is a Player-character! If were going to decide on a gender an alignment, why not the heaad, or the classes? Revan is what the player wants him to be.

And on the subject of the Star Forge's destruction, in the holocron on Korriban when you choose dark-side male Revan, Bastila hints that the Sith may have destroyed the Star Forge in their idiotic rebellions. This is reinforced by M4-78, the droid planet, where the Sith were now producing their ships and such, instead of the Star Forge.

Ianus
Ah, no. Actually Revan is a part of the SW EU universe and DOES have a set face, personality, and gender. Unofficial word has come down from Lucasarts that the ending is meant to be lightside, male ending for KOTOR I. However, because officially declaring such an ending would ruin the character for a lot of people (And let's face it, Revan is uber popular) they've decided to keep it to themselves for now.

Darth Koroni
So how is this UN-official word reliable? If Lucasarts truly beleived this they could have made Bioware do that in the first place, they were the producers afterall.

Ianus
The point is, an official declaration -wasn't- made because people like thinking that Revan is what they want him or her to be.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Ianus
Ah, no. Actually Revan is a part of the SW EU universe and DOES have a set face, personality, and gender. Unofficial word has come down from Lucasarts that the ending is meant to be lightside, male ending for KOTOR I. However, because officially declaring such an ending would ruin the character for a lot of people (And let's face it, Revan is uber popular) they've decided to keep it to themselves for now.

Who cares about other people! The bastards stick out tongue I say they reveal Revan.

overlord
I agree, because all that female Darth Revan art I see everywhere is quite sad. It should be stopped.

Darth_Glentract
At least they finally decided that he is a Guardian(he uses a blue lightsaber in the Duron Qel-Droma comic.

Dirk Jade
Dark Side Reven Nearly Destroyed the republic Darkside Exile Hunted down and slautered the last remaining Jedi... i would asume for it to make any sence whatsoever they would have to be lightside cause... the republic and the jedi are fine in episode 1 (sorta). As for male or female... does it realy matter?

Julie
No not really....I think it'd be nice for one to be female and one to be male though just for balance...as for the games, I've played many a time as male and many a time as female ... the conversations are interesting either way.

Darth Koroni
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
At least they finally decided that he is a Guardian(he uses a blue lightsaber in the Duron Qel-Droma comic.

Lightsaber color is not mandatory for a Jedi, Windu was likely a Guardian, but he had a purple lightsaber, Anakin used a Green lightsaber during the battle of Geonosis, does that mean he made class-change to Consular? Red lightsabers never had a class assigned to them, and you don't need to be dark-side to use them.

Lightsaber colors are not proper evidence for what Revan was, okay?

jollyjim311
Well it is all we have and it makes the most sense so I'll go with it. Hmph.

The Overmaster
Ok, I dont care what Revan is, male or female. But if Revan is female she better not have feelings for Carth!!! Cuz I HATE that S.O.B.!!!! If she had feelings for the Exile or Malak(a Malak/Revan relationship would be pretty good, and make the last fight a whole lot sadder, especially if Revan doesnt remember she likes Malak until after she killed him)it would be alright(Exile) or AWESOME(Malak).

Darth Royalus
Ultimately....

It doesn't matter which ending is canon in everyone's minds if no official word has been passed down.. so this whole damnable thing can be put on hiatus.

Penta: Good points. Work on making sure fellows like Fishy don't get under your skin though and I'd say you've got a future in debate.

Fishy: What... the... hell. Someone must've dropped you on your head, or given you a lobotomy because that kind of behavior just cannot be considered normal. (And may whatever higher power help you if you're some over-obsessed nerd who believes he's part of the Dark Side.)

The rest of you: I greatly thank you for your opinions and deliberation, and look forward to other threads which have your posts in them.

Adieu.

Tangible God
That was........new......(?)

calvin44
Revans is a:........Pat!

Tangible God
Pat from Wheel of Fortune?!

Captain REX
Next we should decide if Malak is a boy or girl, just for fun. His outfit could be misleading.

Tangible God
Those huge pectorals may actually be mammories, depleted from his use of the Star Forge.

calvin44
Originally posted by Tangible God
Those huge pectorals may actually be mammories, depleted from his use of the Star Forge.
HAHAHAHAHA

There is a movie called Pat about a thing they dont know the gender of. SO it's a "pat", cause the name could be male or female

mace=badass
Just name him Bob and give him some beotch buzzems, remove his testacles, and were all set.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Royalus
Ultimately....

It doesn't matter which ending is canon in everyone's minds if no official word has been passed down.. so this whole damnable thing can be put on hiatus.

Penta: Good points. Work on making sure fellows like Fishy don't get under your skin though and I'd say you've got a future in debate.

Fishy: What... the... hell. Someone must've dropped you on your head, or given you a lobotomy because that kind of behavior just cannot be considered normal. (And may whatever higher power help you if you're some over-obsessed nerd who believes he's part of the Dark Side.)

The rest of you: I greatly thank you for your opinions and deliberation, and look forward to other threads which have your posts in them.

Adieu.

Love you too, now please go re-read the thread... I couldn't care less what side Revan is on.

Next Venom_girl
Maybe in some chauvanist social construct. I play Revan as female-- and I kickass. stick out tongue

Tangible God
I play Revan as a female simply for the pleasure of berating Carth.

calvin44
HAHAHAHA.

§cooter

There has been no real official statement on this by all party's and until I see such a thing I will consider Revan an it. Where did Bioware say that...

Next Venom_girl
And here, all this time, I thought that came standard. laughing out loud

Lana

Yeah, that was loads of fun laughing out loud

I thought the story and the twist was more powerful with Revan being female, myself.

overlord
He was a bay!!!

Fishy
Originally posted by Lana
Yeah, that was loads of fun laughing out loud

I thought the story and the twist was more powerful with Revan being female, myself.

The betrayel against Carth sure as hell was... Also stabbing him on the Star Forge is funny. Far better then letting your minions do it. What the hell was that guy thinking?

Master Muno
In the Dark horse comic books about Revan, Revan is shown as a male with a blue lightsaber. The Dark horse books came out far before KOTOR was made, so that means something. He was a male, and that's that. I would believe Lucas over the developer of the game because he is the one who approves all of the game's content. Therefore the lightside ending is the right one.

Fishy
Aha...

http://www.darkhorse.com/search/search.php?frompage=userinput&sstring=knights+of+the+old+republic&x=0&y=0

Which of those comics have anything to do with KOTOR the game? And were released before the game was?

calvin44
that link has nothing to do with Revan.

Tangible God
Can you actually kill Carth?

Lana
If you're a darksider....you can kill your entire party.

Darth Katarn
in KOTOR 2 it says in a few phrases that revan was a boy and cronologically Revan is a boy

calvin44
Revan is a boy!
The exile even tells Atton he is.

mace=badass
You can say Revan was a girl. But I thought if you looked for Carth you can't find him because he just runs off.

Fox4
Revan is Officially Male, look in the databank at Starwars.com, and there has been nothing saying that neither light nor darkside ending is canon.Now thats that.

And from what I heard the ending where you either kill Carth or die destroying the Star Forge with Carth was cut, and so was the planet Sleyhayron, I saw some screens of the planet on a google search, it was mostly a city, and on that planet you could even find a Republic Soldier uniform.Too bad they were both cut. sad

Lana
Originally posted by calvin44
Revan is a boy!
The exile even tells Atton he is.

Exile tells Atton whatever you have Exile say, I had Exile say Revan was a girl stick out tongue

mace=badass
Can you find and kill Carth though?

DucLangur
I think if your a girl and WHen you come back from the Unknown temple to meet Carth and he says"Where is Juhani and Jolie BIndo" there I think you can kill him. But only if you have completed the love side quest.

Fishy
The killing of Carth was not cut. You just have to be a dark side female who saved Dustil Onasi so that Carth will love you.. He'll go the Star Forge and try to convince you to play nice. He dies.

Lord Lupas
You guys make me laugh, (only read first page, got bored.)
Here's a new one, who cares about their lines, as far as i know until release of kotor 1, Bastilla or Revan Never even existed. There was no mention of them as being any of the great Jedi /sith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.