OMACS vs Sentinals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dman2008
Both of thse machines have been sent to destroy eacother which of them wins.

300 OMACs

vs

250 Sentinals

I would have to say that the Sentinals would win

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by dman2008
Both of thse machines have been sent to destroy eacother which of them wins.

300 OMACs

vs

250 Sentinals

I would have to say that the Sentinals would win

Well theres many different types of Sentinel. Theres standard (which itself came in many different versions) Omegas (which DC seems to have ripped off of to give you the OMACS) and theres Nimrod.

With that in mind the Sentinels.

Even if it was the standard Sentinels theyd still win against the OMACS I.M.O

dman2008
The setinals are standard

The Ion
OMACs

I may be wrong but I don't think a Sentinel could put the Eradicator in a coma in one hit.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by The Ion
OMACs

I may be wrong but I don't think a Sentinel could put the Eradicator in a coma in one hit.

Youre very wrong. OMACS couldnt even scratch Wonder woman who despite her immense strength isnt the most invulnerable of both companies powerhouses. Theres no way the likes of Colossus, Namor and other Marvel powerhouses could stand around and take the full firepower from a Sentinel.

I read both DC and Marvel. From what ive seen of the OMACS theres no way they win against the Sentinels.

jgiant
Yeah OMACS are pretty hardcore...

The Ion
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Youre very wrong. OMACS couldnt even scratch Wonder woman who despite her immense strength isnt the most invulnerable of both companies powerhouses. Theres no way the likes of Colossus, Namor and other Marvel powerhouses could stand around and take the full firepower from a Sentinel.

I read both DC and Marvel. From what ive seen of the OMACS theres no way they win against the Sentinels.
Diana has similar durability to Thor. Only thing that really hurts her are sharp objects...and punches from Superman. WW 219 should have silenced any doubts about the damage Diana can take. Eradicator has Superman stats in all areas and he's sitting in a hospital right now. There's no way a Sentinel is doing that to Eradicator.

GalacticStorm
Diana has similar durability to Thor. Only thing that really hurts her are sharp objects...and punches from Superman. WW 219 should have silenced any doubts about the damage Diana can take. Eradicator has Superman stats in all areas and he's sitting in a hospital right now. There's no way a Sentinel is doing that to Eradicator.

Sentinels can kill invulnerable powerhouses. Nothing ive seen of the OMACS tells me that they could take out the Sentinels. One on one a Sentinel would obliterate an OMAC. These numbers are nearly even so id give it to the Sentinels.

Being able to take a few punches from Superman diesnt place you on Thors level of durability. WW is also more susceptible to energy based weapons which Sentinels have in abundance.

In WW 221 WW shrugged off the OMACS energy blasters and other attacks like they were nothing and she stated that nothing in their arsenal could fase her. As aforementioned Thor could not stand there and be left completely unfased by a Sentinel unleashing its full arsenal on him.

The Ion
Being able to take a few punches from Superman diesnt place you on Thors level of durability.
You're right considering Thor got leveled by Superman in a canon crossover. laughing

GalacticStorm
You're right considering Thor got leveled by Superman in a canon crossover. laughing

Hardly the case. As it stands lets say Thor and Di are of similar durability. The OMACS cant phase DI in the slightest as stated on panel in WW 221. Thor couldnt stand around and let a Sentinel unleash their full power on him.

Whurlysplat
Sentinels can kill invulnerable powerhouses. Nothing ive seen of the OMACS tells me that they could take out the Sentinels. One on one a Sentinel would obliterate an OMAC. These numbers are nearly even so id give it to the Sentinels.

Being able to take a few punches from Superman diesnt place you on Thors level of durability. WW is also more susceptible to energy based weapons which Sentinels have in abundance.

In WW 221 WW shrugged off the OMACS energy blasters and other attacks like they were nothing and she stated that nothing in their arsenal could fase her. As aforementioned Thor could not stand there and be left completely unfased by a Sentinel unleashing its full arsenal on him.

No taking a few hits from Supes doesn't place you at Thors level of durability but.......... I think you are selling Wonderwoman very short.

Nimrod class sentinels have the edge - I don't think standard ones do.

smile

The Ion
That's the convience of their weaponry. Just because an OMAC can't phase a top tier DC hero (even though they put another in a coma) doesn't mean they can't take a Sentinel. That's like saying Stargirl is more powerful and effective than Superman because she can manipulate solar energy.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Whurlysplat
No taking a few hits from Supes doesn't place you at Thors level of durability but.......... I think you are selling Wonderwoman very short.

Nimrod class sentinels have the edge - I don't think standard ones do.

smile

Nimrod class Sentinels are beyond OMACS no contest. Standard Sentinels by all appearances have more firepower and strangth than the OMACS. They cant fase Di in the slightest whereas Sentinels can lay a hurting on class 100 characters in Marvel.

How does Diana compare to the Eradicator?

Whurlysplat
Nimrod class Sentinels are beyond OMACS no contest. Standard Sentinels by all appearances have more firepower and strangth than the OMACS. They cant fase Di in the slightest whereas Sentinels can lay a hurting on class 100 characters in Marvel.

How does Diana compare to the Eradicator?

very equal the Eradicator is really in many ways more powerful smile

I have seen a Sentinel taken down by the likes of Beast and Wolverine alone, thats really not a good argument your giving.

The Ion
Not well. Superman has never proven able to beat Eradicator in a head to head fight. He always used trickery. In the same issue Eradicator got put in a coma by the OMAC he was throwing million ton icebergs at Superman and Superboy.

GalacticStorm
very equal the Eradicator is really in many ways more powerful smile

I have seen a Sentinel taken down by the likes of Beast and Wolverine alone, thats really not a good argument your giving.

The OMACS have had some very bad showings as well against the likes of Beast Boy. So it goes both ways.

I'll post some scans tomorrow. Right now this is going nowhere without some visual aid. big grin

Whurlysplat
Not well. Superman has never proven able to beat Eradicator in a head to head fight. He always used trickery. In the same issue Eradicator got put in a coma by the OMAC he was throwing million ton icebergs at Superman and Superboy.

agreed eradicator is probably more powerful than Diana in most ways her magic though makes her difficult to beat though.

Avalonofthewind
Eradicator is more powerful than Diana, and physically, he is quite a bit above her level. The omac hit him from behind, and eradicator was still weak and confused. Still, it says something about an Omacs level of strength. I don't think they are as durable though. Output>Input in their case.

Sentinels aren't any different, but I can't see any regular Sentinel knocking out Eradicator.
Omacs win for now.

Wynndar
Omacs are kinda inconsistent. I have the issue with Eradicator and he was showing an edge against Superman and Superboy simultaneously...After he temporarily takes them out of the fight the Omac takes him out with a single punch. I dont have the issue with Diana but if she fought it off with ease likse some people are illustrating, it doesnt make sense at all.

Furthermore, Sentinels have been uber inconsistent as well. However, during phase one and two of Onslaught, those sentinels were kicking ass. Magneto(Joseph) and Classic Rogue were nearly killed by a single Sentinel but saved by Dr Doom. In the Phase one issue of F4, there is a panel of Doom watching a Sentinel taking on the Human Torch, Mr Fantastic, Thor, Spiderman, the Wasp, maybe some other people too...Thats a pretty powerful team in itself.

Both the Omacs and Sentinels are pretty formidable at their highest showings. I honestly cant say which one's superior though.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by Wynndar
Omacs are kinda inconsistent. I have the issue with Eradicator and he was showing an edge against Superman and Superboy simultaneously...After he temporarily takes them out of the fight the Omac takes him out with a single punch. I dont have the issue with Diana but if she fought it off with ease likse some people are illustrating, it doesnt make sense at all.

Furthermore, Sentinels have been uber inconsistent as well. However, during phase one and two of Onslaught, those sentinels were kicking ass. Magneto(Joseph) and Classic Rogue were nearly killed by a single Sentinel but saved by Dr Doom. In the Phase one issue of F4, there is a panel of Doom watching a Sentinel taking on the Human Torch, Mr Fantastic, Thor, Spiderman, the Wasp, maybe some other people too...Thats a pretty powerful team in itself.

Both the Omacs and Sentinels are pretty formidable at their highest showings. I honestly cant say which one's superior though.

agreed

the old blank \omac from the 80's would lose though - anyone remember that

The Ion
Diana is a beast in her book. Rucka loves portraying her like that. In the last issue she embarrassed the Cheetah like it was nothing which shouldn't have happened at all.

Erads got sucker punched plain and simple. Head to head, he would have killed that OMAC. He's Superman +1 in all areas plus matter manipulation and energy projection. Still, knocking him stupid is a great strength feat.

yahman

Whurlysplat

Superherovandal
cmon Whirly why can't you and GS make peace.

yahman
Originally posted by Superherovandal
cmon Whirly why can't you and GS make peace.

OH but its so much funny this way !!!!!!!!!!

" think you owned GS welcome to the club "

Much appreciated my friend, it been a long time coming. I've just been waiting for him to talk about something interesting. smile You've got the whole phoenix thing covered, and i don't really like the 616 X-men (Too many titles, to hard to follow)

smile

Wynndar

Marvel=DC

Sentinels get taken out by X-men who are no where even close to Diana in anything. The OMACS were designed to take her out which would mean they'd have to be up there. Also I've seen Rogue(classic) take hits and beams from a sentinel. Also WW durability goes like this sharp objects>energy blast>physical she may be more susceptible to energy blast than physical attacks but, that in no means she'd get ko'd instantly she has a very high tolerance for pain as has been shown many, many times. And Diana really is in Thors league you're crazy to think other wise.

yahman
Hey thanks for explaining the higher showings of the Omacs.

I do have one problem though...where everyone pointed out and accepted the inconsistency, u refuted it.

So

Diana < Superman

Eradicator<Omac almost killed in one punch

Eradicator>Superman Maybe just barely

Eradicator>Diana Also barely

Diana>Omac could not be phased

Omac>Bizzaro

Ok, so see the confusion. I will also re-emphasize that Diana was not slightly advantaged over the Omac, she couldnt be phased! Yet Superman hardly phased an Omac and an Omac nearly killed with one punch, a being more powerful than SM or Diana. This...does not make sense.

When are writers ever consistent ? There isn't a law that makes comic book writing reliable. sad It all cums down to this, if the Omacs had been as invincible as portrayed in Superman's comics, they wouldn't have been able to defeat them in issue 6 of the Omac project. IMO the omacs are some where in between the weaklings (portrayed in the Omac project) and the 'juggernaughts' (In Superman's comic). IMO they would still beat the Sentinels. smile

Avalonofthewind
Hey thanks for explaining the higher showings of the Omacs.

I do have one problem though...where everyone pointed out and accepted the inconsistency, u refuted it.

So

Diana < Superman

Eradicator<Omac almost killed in one punch

Eradicator>Superman Maybe just barely

Eradicator>Diana Also barely

Diana>Omac could not be phased

Omac>Bizzaro

Ok, so see the confusion. I will also re-emphasize that Diana was not slightly advantaged over the Omac, she couldnt be phased! Yet Superman hardly phased an Omac and an Omac nearly killed with one punch, a being more powerful than SM or Diana. This...does not make sense.

Eradicator was weak and confused since he just came back online and was hit from the back by a pretty powerful being.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by yahman

Much appreciated my friend, it been a long time coming. I've just been waiting for him to talk about something interesting. smile You've got the whole phoenix thing covered, and i don't really like the 616 X-men (Too many titles, to hard to follow)

smile

It is much funnier this way and I have to say like you I was shocked GS wanted to debate about "good comics" confused

How weird is that smile

Juntai
Defeating an omac requires defeating it before it zeros in on you and adapts to you...Most of them have been defeated through these means.

And regarldess of their performance against the heros, the OMACs would immediately adapt the Sentinals to withstand it's weapons and just unleash whatever kind of power it takes to put them down and adapt regardless of how rediculous it is. This is they have been downing top tier characters. One of them handled pretty much the whole JSA AND Martian Manhunter because it found them out in the open and kept adapting.

yahman
Originally posted by Juntai
Defeating an omac requires defeating it before it zeros in on you and adapts to you...Most of them have been defeated through these means.

And regarldess of their performance against the heros, the OMACs would immediately adapt the Sentinals to withstand it's weapons and just unleash whatever kind of power it takes to put them down and adapt regardless of how rediculous it is. This is they have been downing top tier characters. One of them handled pretty much the whole JSA AND Martian Manhunter because it found them out in the open and kept adapting.

Coincidently the old Sentinnels used to be like that. I have a comic when three Sentinnels are beating the whole avengers roster (Including Thor !). IMO this was a tad unrealistc as the X-men rarely had trouble taking them down. This was during he days of the original X-men roster, i.e no Wolverine, Colossus and co. smile

yahman
It is much funnier this way and I have to say like you I was shocked GS wanted to debate about "good comics" confused

How weird is that smile

Crazy times eek!

8bitChris
Nimrods still own!

yahman
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Nimrods still own!

Own what ????????

8bitChris
Everyone!@

yahman
Everyone!@

Including galactus ? smile

Wynndar
No...but he's tough

yahman
No...but he's tough

NAwwww you dont say !!!!!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

8bitChris
Beast Boy wouldn't have stopped him! That's for sure!

yahman
Beast Boy wouldn't have stopped him! That's for sure!

But not many where made ! smile

Are you saying Nimrod could take every single OMAC ???????????

smile

I think Beast boy could take a regular Sentinnel. smile

Wynndar
but he did beat an Omac didnt he?

8bitChris
No.

He'd probably stand as good a chance as one O.M.A.C. has against every single Sentinel.

What about the Sentinel Prime version of the Sentinels? Anybody have any opinion on them?

What type of Sentinel was used to kill the 16 million mutants in Genosha?

Wynndar
Oh that was a giant sentinel that looked like a beetle...it was bigger than a skyscraper though.

brainchild81
Nimrod is literally an Ass kicking machine.

Whurlysplat
Originally posted by brainchild81
Nimrod is literally an Ass kicking machine.

But nothing to the original Fury or even the diluted more recent one

Cosmic Cube
Whirly! big grin

Changed your name? confused

Gandhi_of_KMC
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Whirly! big grin

Changed your name? confused

Yes a few times lately smile

Cosmic Cube
eek!

8bitChris
Man you were Princess Diana? No wonder I was getting pissed.

GalacticStorm

GalacticStorm

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Gandhi_of_KMC
Excellent post smile

I think you owned GS welcome to the club smile

I see. So you only see debates in terms of winning and losing when you believe you have the upper hand. Pity such a situation has yet to materialise. laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by yahman

Much appreciated my friend, it been a long time coming.
smile

You sure showed me eek! laughing out loud

Gandhi_of_KMC
You sure showed me eek! laughing out loud

WoW Yahman owned Galactic storm smile

way to go Yahman smile

GalacticStorm
WoW Yahman owned Galactic storm smile

way to go Yahman smile

laughing out loud You fool

Gandhi_of_KMC
laughing out loud You fool

Hello Pot my names Kettle laughing

GalacticStorm
Hello Pot my names Kettle laughing

Awwww you really love me dont you. embarrasment smile

Gandhi_of_KMC
Awwww you really love me dont you. embarrasment smile

Your taken remember your helping hand - I'll stick to my partner smile Shes a real female smile

GalacticStorm
Your taken remember your helping hand - I'll stick to my partner smile Shes a real female smile

Ooooo Whirlys on fire 2nite eek!

Gandhi_of_KMC
Ooooo Whirlys on fire 2nite eek!

yes

Mider
how do the new sentinals do against wolverine?

Juntai
You'll also notice in those particular scans, SASHA, was ****ing with them, their commands and their sensors. You'll notice "COMLINK SEVERED" and then tries to summon last known objective and gets an error.

Stabbed by a knife, like that would happen if it wasn't being messed with. Check the Superman issue, where Lex is talking about how he built the Technology, and knows that they're bulletproof.

Then the other scan, wasn't even him taking out OMACS, wtf. He was CATCHING FALLING BODIES, after the EMP went off in the picture above it.

Maybe try reading again.
smile

In other moments they WEREN'T being ****ed with, we've seen them run faster than Jay Garrick, and take out Eradicator one punch. Even Supergirl had to blindside one while it was fighting someone else, and couldn't take one down in frontal combat, because once it does the "target found, initiating counter protocols" bla bla, it becomes immune to everything you've got, and throws around whatever your weakness is like Ted Turner does money.

R.O.T. Yahman
Omacs smile

Sentinnels get beaten by Dinosaurs

Omacs beat up the Eradicator ..... Omacs win ! smile

Juntai
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Omacs smile

Sentinnels get beaten by Dinosaurs

Omacs beat up the Eradicator ..... Omacs win ! smile lol.

tyranus
well Tron i found it.
hmmm what variant of sentinel are they talking about???
trisentinel and prime ones own the omacs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinel_%28comics%29

lifeisaglich
OMAC'S for the win

The reason why there is so many inconsistant showing of the OMAC is because they adjust to whom ever they are fighting. Case in point when the omac fought batman.....batman said that the omac was using his own tactic against him. And the same thing happen with Nightwing. The omacs create different protocols to fight different enemies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.